NDP- LAYTON "Invite Taliban to Peace Talks"

M.Dancer

Layton for some reason thinks that the Taliban would sit down to peace talks. No doubt Jack thinks the Taliban would put on the negotiation table their propensity to kill little girls who learn to read and suicide bombers.....

What does Jack think the Taliban would want in return for giving up their tried and true tactics? Given that killing anyone who stands in thior way is how they gained poer in the first place?

Poor Jack. Now the only reason to hope the NDP gets a vote is knowing that that particular vote won't be going to the other fringe left party called the Greens....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly why it is the NDP can never lead this country. They'd have us be the world's doormat.

Newsflash: It doesn't matter how nice we are to them, they hate us for who and what we are. Afghanistan is but a small part of it. The terrorists would be fighting against anyone there as we are. In a free country they are not as free to oppress and steal from its citizenry to fund their war against the infidels. They are fighting to restore that ability.

Sorry fellow traveller.

Most young people I meet have been well and truly brainwashed into thinking we are a nation of peace KEEPERS, (not peace MAKERS).

Add to that Canada's influential La Belle Province. It once had a proud tradition in the 'Van Doos' etc., but now in the finest of Pierre Elliot's left wing appeasement tratidion, most of Quebec seems to view doing anything violent to be abhorrent.

Although I am an unashamed small 'C' conservative, I believe that Harpers stance on Afghanistan will be his downfall.

On the other hand I predicted a Martin victory, so what do I know?

Layton for some reason thinks that the Taliban would sit down to peace talks. No doubt Jack thinks the Taliban would put on the negotiation table their propensity to kill little girls who learn to read and suicide bombers.....

Taliban invitation card to negotiations:

911.jpg

Layton and the NDP are utterly inchoherent on foreign policy. They're against us being in Afghanistan because, apparently, we're actually fighting against someone. Yet they wanted us to go into the Sudan to protect the Christians there - with what, other than oratory, one wonders. Is it okay to protect black Africans from racist Arabs but unnacceptable to protect women who want to learn how to read from Muslim lunatics?

Just what do you offer the other side in negotiatons? An end to girl schools? No more women in government or media? The death penalty to all men who shave their beards?

And the idea we should just cut and run, abandon our allies, despite promising we'd be there for hte next two years, pack up and get out immediately. Yeah, that's gonna go over well with all the other 17 western nations in Afghanistan.

Layton's got his head up his ass again. The only thing he can see is that we're involved in offensive military activities and that's got him squirming and wringing his hands in horror so badly he just wants to run away and hide.

Note to Darfur. Canada will protect you! Unless, of course, it involves commiting violence, because we're far too noble and saintly for that. But don't worry, after you're dead we'll register a stern protest with the United Nations!

Layton and the NDP are utterly inchoherent on foreign policy. They're against us being in Afghanistan because, apparently, we're actually fighting against someone. Yet they wanted us to go into the Sudan to protect the Christians there - with what, other than oratory, one wonders. Is it okay to protect black Africans from racist Arabs but unnacceptable to protect women who want to learn how to read from Muslim lunatics?

Just what do you offer the other side in negotiatons? An end to girl schools? No more women in government or media? The death penalty to all men who shave their beards?

And the idea we should just cut and run, abandon our allies, despite promising we'd be there for hte next two years, pack up and get out immediately. Yeah, that's gonna go over well with all the other 17 western nations in Afghanistan.

Layton's got his head up his ass again. The only thing he can see is that we're involved in offensive military activities and that's got him squirming and wringing his hands in horror so badly he just wants to run away and hide.

Note to Darfur. Canada will protect you! Unless, of course, it involves commiting violence, because we're far too noble and saintly for that. But don't worry, after you're dead we'll register a stern protest with the United Nations!

Soldiers are nothing more than armed social workers as far as the NDP is concerned.

EDIT TO ADD

I have no doubt that they would argue against war even if it meant their own deaths.

THIS is a great characiture (sp?) of exactly what ails the left. Tlerance in the face of hatred.

What layton doesn't realize is that if he swung by the cave he'd be shot before he could say "but i'm on your side"

Harper should offer Layton and his collection of misfits transportation over there on the next plane.

What does Jack think the Taliban would want in return for giving up their tried and true tactics? Given that killing anyone who stands in thior way is how they gained poer in the first place?

Poor Jack. Now the only reason to hope the NDP gets a vote is knowing that that particular vote won't be going to the other fringe left party called the Greens....

I heard the quality of crack in Toronto was at an all time high, but I didn't know Layton was a smoker.

My goodness, I can't believe how naive some of you come across as. Let's face it, there will bo no peace in ALL of Afghanistan except for maybe the cities (and even then) without the cooperation of the taliban. I'm not talking about all the taliban but the moderates. The taliban have too much influence in Afghanistan (unfortunate but true.)

And a lot of Canadians obviously agree with Jack Layton, going by the Globe and Mail poll in which 62% (26478/43039) support what Jack Layton is saying (check out the poll section on the Globe and Mail site)

It's funny how some of you attack Layton, all the while it's you who have unrealistic views

So we negotiate a peace and a new govt. with a terrorist regime?

Are we to give credence and power, back to those who provided seclusion and shelter to the worst terrorists in the world, so they could plan attacks and train their Martyrs to kill thousands of innocents?

You can **** that idea sideways with a bulldozer.

The Taliban need to be hunted down until they are dead or in custody.

So we negotiate a peace and a new govt. with a terrorist regime?

Are we to give credence and power, back to those who provided seclusion and shelter to the worst terrorists in the world, so they could plan attacks and train their Martyrs to kill thousands of innocents?

You can **** that idea sideways with a bulldozer.

The Taliban need to be hunted down until they are dead or in custody.

We're not talking about another Taliban regime, we're talking about a moderate government which may include a minor amount of former moderate Taliban.

The extremist Taliban would never listen and should be squeezed out of the picture by discrediting them and one way to do this is to isolate them from the moderates.

My goodness, I can't believe how naive some of you come across as. Let's face it, there will bo no peace in ALL of Afghanistan except for maybe the cities (and even then) without the cooperation of the taliban. I'm not talking about all the taliban but the moderates. The taliban have too much influence in Afghanistan (unfortunate but true.)

We're not talking about another Taliban regime, we're talking about a moderate government which may include a minor amount of former moderate Taliban.

uh, what? What do you mean by

moderate Taliban

It's an extremist organization with extremist leadership and extremist ideology.

How do we identify these moderates? How do we bring them to the table while excluding the extremists?

If we identify and identify these "moderate Taliban" and invite them to the negotiating table while excluding the leadership, then what credibility does this supposed negotiation have?

Come on, this notion that hostilities could be ended by negotiating with Taliban (but just moderate ones!) is sheer fantasy. The real Taliban-- the leadership, the hardliners, the ones who held public beheadings in soccer stadiums and lined up accused homosexuals to run over them with a tank-- have no reason to negotiate anyway, because they know that they will win in the end because Canadians just don't have the stomach for this job.

-k

The extremist Taliban would never listen and should be squeezed out of the picture by discrediting them and one way to do this is to isolate them from the moderates.

A "moderate" Taliban? What the hell is that? Someone willing to merely execute girls for learning to read and write rather than slowly torturing them to death?

There was a comment in the Telegraph today which seems appropriate.

In the conflict between the terrorists who wish to impose their vision of a "just and righteous society" by force on the rest of us, there is nothing to talk about: they are not interested in compromise or negotiation, and there is no common ground between their vision of the future and ours. The terrorists themselves have stated their position clearly: "We are not," one of them has insisted, "trying to exact concessions from you. We are trying to eliminate you."

It is hard not to see in this that Jack Layton (and the NDP as well as many Liberals) have raised compromise to be a principle above all others.

What are the principles Layton would defend without compromise?

I don't see Layton as a man much given to compromise. And so I don't think he's that passionate a fan of the ideal. This is more a reflection for his distaste of militarism and the military, of an association with the Americans, and of the idea of White western soldiers fighting brown-skinned people.

I don't see Layton as a man much given to compromise. And so I don't think he's that passionate a fan of the ideal. This is more a reflection for his distaste of militarism and the military, of an association with the Americans, and of the idea of White western soldiers fighting brown-skinned people.

One sometimes wonders whether he would be happier if we were fighting Americans.

Moderate Taliban? Is that like a dog having a moderate case of rabies?