Greenpeace Has a Blond Moment

Brilliant!

"In the twenty years since the Chernobyl tragedy, the world's worst nuclear accident, there have been nearly [FILL IN ALARMIST AND ARMAGEDDONIST FACTOID HERE]," the sheet said.

The Greenpeace spokesman who issued the memo, Steve Smith, told the Web site that a colleague was making a joke in a draft that was then mistakenly released.

Bush was visiting Pennsylvania to promote his nuclear energy policy, and Greenpeace rallied the troops to counter it, issuing a fact sheet where they showed how many nuclear accidents have occurred since Chernobyl: 0. Here's the link.

There have been a couple in Japan since then that have killed a few people. Great link though. Green Peace has become a fair sized corporation on its own and it gives a good insight into how they operate.

• 2 weeks later...
"In the twenty years since the Chernobyl tragedy, the world's worst nuclear accident, there have been nearly [FILL IN ALARMIST AND ARMAGEDDONIST FACTOID HERE]," the sheet said.

:lol:

I hope this doesn't happen to al-Gore. That would give new meaning to An Inconvenient Truth ;)

Yep, like every fact Burnsy here has omitted in his every post.

If you want to find examples, Burnsy, check out "Earth in the Balance," and see if you can spot the pseudo-science. Otherwise, you can't even TELL what is an inconveniant truth and what's not. I'm betting that you can't.

There have been a couple in Japan since then that have killed a few people. Great link though. Green Peace has become a fair sized corporation on its own and it gives a good insight into how they operate.

Yep, and they spin what facts they have and omit facts that matter as much as Burnsy does. That's why I'm anti-Green Peace even though I am pro-environment.

Spinmeisters make me sick.

As a blonde, I find this thread offensive! OFFENSIVE, I tell you!

(just wanted to mention, "Burnsey" has been punted from the forum, so you might as well be talking to a rock. :) )

-kimmy

{"I was saying BOOOURNS..." -Hans Moleman.}

You know, I don't put much stock in the whole "blonde" thing... except with some of the fake blondes I've seen about who look so BAD with the color change that it does question their taste if not their intellect.

(just wanted to mention, "Burnsey" has been punted from the forum, so you might as well be talking to a rock. :) )

Which isn't really any different from when he was here if you think about it. Dumb is Forever.

Somehow I imagine Burnsy is the kind of guy who will return with a new name and a proxy... unless he just wanders from forum to forum seeking new people to alienate. I'm betting on the former.

Back to the blonde thing: using hair dye and/or bleach has GOT to be bad for the planet. Does that mean there are no fake blondes in Greenpeace? In fact, shampoo and deodorant have a lot of unneeded synthetic compounds too. Does that mean they are all unbleached, undyed, unwashed, and kind of stinky?

When I was a little kid I remember seeing this election debate on a community channel where this woman from Green or NDP was talking about environmental policies.

She proudly pointed out that she doesn't wash her hair because shampoo is bad for the environment. Only bathes once a week to conserve water. Doesn't use makeup because it contains animal products.

And... she looked exactly like you'd expect a woman who avoids makeup, doesn't wash her hair, and only bathes once a week to look. It wasn't actually the greatest advertising for her cause. I looked at her and immediately said to myself "I am totally not becoming an environmentalist."

-kimmy

-kimmy

I'm really disappointed to hear Burns was punted, it doesn't seem fair although I don't know the details. I know I saw him being completely goaded several times recently, and I pointed it out to the twit who was doing it, maybe they were trying to get him kicked out.

-kimmy

I'm really disappointed to hear Burns was punted, it doesn't seem fair although I don't know the details. I know I saw him being completely goaded several times recently, and I pointed it out to the twit who was doing it, maybe they were trying to get him kicked out.

Right. Mourn the passed nitwit all you want. He wasn't even adequate as a nitwitted neocon foil.

Name calling only shows a lazy imagination, with a name like darth Buddha I'm sure you can do better.

Right.

I guess this is also neocon-think? Ignore the facts (like Johnny boy's outrageous slander, and

Burnsy's obvious lies) and focus only on my very same tactic in reply.

Ignore your accusiing other "twits" of baiting him?

I'll add it to my neocon field notes.

Invasion is called liberation.

Occupation is called freedom.

What's fair for the goose ISN'T fair for the gander.

It is REALLY tough to get through the new neocon lip service. Is there a dictionary to be had somewhere?

My policy is that those who use them get them in return. Those who do open themselves up to the same. Those who don't, don't deserve that kind of treatment, and don't get it.

So, how's your "twit" scored? Is that name calling or not?

Burnsy too, did he namecall or not?

My policy is that those who use them get them in return. Those who do open themselves up to the same. Those who don't, don't deserve that kind of treatment, and don't get it.

Is your memory that selective? You repeatedly called me a fool for crossing pens with you. I still haven't called you anything...

Is your memory that selective? You repeatedly called me a fool for crossing pens with you. I still haven't called you anything...

I picked up on twit used on others. I consider being called a LEFTY a pretty dreadful name too. I'll check to see if I missed any other good examples.

Moreover, an ad hominem is no worse than cases where you've engaged in straw man attack. You know, misrepresenting a post so you can belittle it. You aren't an egregious perpetrator, but you get your digs in.

I'll dig again tomorrow evening. Or perhaps you are big enough to point them out yourself?

(I'm not slamming there, you might well be. I'd consider it a pleasant surprise these days!)

I picked up on twit used on others. I consider being called a LEFTY a pretty dreadful name too. I'll check to see if I missed any other good examples.

Moreover, an ad hominem is no worse than cases where you've engaged in straw man attack. You know, misrepresenting a post so you can belittle it. You aren't an egregious perpetrator, but you get your digs in.

I'll dig again tomorrow evening. Or perhaps you are big enough to point them out yourself?

(I'm not slamming there, you might well be. I'd consider it a pleasant surprise these days!)

Look Darth, I've never called you any names. You called me fool in one of your very first responses to me. Lefty is a description of a person's leanings, and is nothing like NAZI, which you used on Johnyutah. I do rarely name call, but again, I haven't called you anything. I only brought up lefty in explaining how people could think you are one, since your post info has it displayed under the "from" heading, and you Bush bash. Most people would rub those two facts together and consider you left of center. Like I said, however, I don't know what you are.

You trotted out your schooling, even though it was done in a back handed way. I misrepresented nothing. I know afterward you took pains to explain how it was done to show how unlearned you are in that list of name calling that followed, but I'm not buying it. People that name drop or pedigree drop or whatever, are trying to score points with it.

And here's a sample of your ranting:

(Quote)

Come to think of it, I've voted Republican more often than not: Arlen Spector, John Heinz, Bush the First. I never voted for Clinton, and changed my party affiliation for two presidential primaries just to vote AGAINST Cllinton and Kerry in the primaries (and for General Clark as the Democratic nominee). Of course, I've been VERY lucky: in the Atlantic and Northeast states, Republicans HAVE to be moderate in order to get elected. Moderate Republicans are the best problem solvers I know. Not like their neofascist kin.

Yeah, I'm some lefty. If I'm a FAR LEFTY then you have to be a nazi-skinhead by comparison to me. In a case of fair for the goose being grist for the gander, I'm gonna call you lump you with the Skinheads and Nazis from here on out. After all, if you think the folks who vote for Spector, Todd-Whitman, and other clear-headed Moderate Republicans, you'd HAVE to be a fascist to call them FAR LEFT.

Lynched anybody lately? Made any human skin lampshades? Surely you've gassed somebody? If you haven't got them, I know a place that has Jack-boots, cheap (hell, you might want to buy the boots I used for Halloween '02). I don't have a brown shirt, so you'll have to dig that one up on your own.

See ya round, Nazi-boy.

(End Quote)

A little over the top, perhaps? Don't be common like some of those around here. It's the easy low road.