Bloquistes to cross to Tories?

Meanwhile, Conservative sources told The Hill Times that there have been some informal contacts between a handful of Bloc MPs and Quebec Conservatives about the possibility of crossing the floor as well. The sources emphasized that the "wining and dining" meetings have been informal, however, no specific names have been identified.
Hill Times

Huh?

Guest Warwick Green
Of the many Liberal ideas that Harper adopts and improves on, it appears we will soon be able to add 'paying off Quebec'.

I apologize for my cynicism. If the end result is national unity, I guess I can't complain.

Harper is not going to pick up vote among the "intelligentsia" in Ontario with his views on gun control and Kyoto. So give Quebec what it wants - more money. But it will be short term gain for long term pain. He may get a majority in the next HofC but after that allegiance with the CPC will be short. Eventually the voters will drift back to the Bloc and Liberals.

The separatists won't be satisfied with a few more trinkets.

From August1991's link...

Here's a guy, Harper, who does what he says and says what he does. That's a long time in Canada since we've seen that. It's marvelously refreshing, it gives confidence to the electors. The people I talk to, they all say you can agree you can disagree but you know where he's going."..... "The only thing that I've been approached with is an extraordinary treatment. They gave an Independent a seat on a major Parliamentary Committee
As long as Harper sticks to this, it will be good for the country. 'Winings and dinings', though par for the course, if done to excess, will raise the ugly spectre of graft.

Wasn't "adopting and improving on" Reform/Alliance ideas what won Chretien a dozen years in office???

What in the article pointed to Harper paying off Quebec in any way? I don't see the rumours of a potential floor-crossing or two being linked to a payoff.

Of the many Liberal ideas that Harper adopts and improves on, it appears we will soon be able to add 'paying off Quebec'.

I apologize for my cynicism. If the end result is national unity, I guess I can't complain.