Jump to content

Rebel News Freedumb of Speech Van


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It may also have been an attempt to draw attention to the Zionism = Terrorism van that wasn't mentioned by our MSM. Or a reaction to it.

There's a lot of really deceptive hate-mongering coming from the muslim community right now, and it has sucked a lot of people in.

the message was purposely vague

it doesn't actually identify any particular group

yet Levant knew that the leftists in Toronto would take the bait by filling in the blanks invoking "hate speech"

so I'd say it was mission accomplished in terms of what Levant was intending

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the message was purposely vague

it doesn't actually identify any particular group

yet Levant knew that the leftists in Toronto would take the bait by filling in the blanks invoking "hate speech"

so I'd say it was mission accomplished in terms of what Levant was intending

I think Levant screwed up.

He got the MSM to cry "islamophobia" at a time when islamic violent bigotry and propaganda around the world are peaking. 

Dummies like Ex-Flyer, herbie, eyeball and Gaetan will be ecstatic about that.

Edited by WestCanMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I think Levant screwed up.

He got the MSM to cry "islamophobia" at a time when islamic violent bigotry and propaganda around the world are peaking. 

that is just preaching to the leftist choir

I don't think it wins any converts, in fact, on the whole I would suggest that it backfires

Islamists are scaring people, including liberals, playing them as being the victims is not working, imo

for example the Hamas encampments at the universities, that is all backfiring with the public

I would surmise that the majority would be perfectly happy for the cops to go in there and crush them

I would assert that the silent majority is actually still very pro Zionism

nobody in Canada fears that the Israelis are going to attack them on Canadian soil

Islamists on the other hand . . .

it just takes one mass casualty Islamic terrorist attack,

and things are going to whipsaw back on the left with a vengeance

the left getting into bed with Sunni Islamists is the left putting its own neck in the noose

by all means, let them hang themselves with their own rope

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

No doubt the list would be different out west, or even up in northern Ontario. I know natives commit more crimes. That's because of the same reasons Black Americans commit more crimes. When you grow up in a small, impoverished area where there's lots of drug and alcohol abuse, lots of single-parent families made up of very young mothers and their children, and no jobs you can very easily drift into crime. That's even more so when you have very lax enforcement of laws for those with the proper skin pigmentation. 

But these are homegrown problems we need to deal with. We don't need to be importing more groups who will form impoverished slums and ghettos and then commit tons of crime.

My point was to dispel the statement that immigrants are the root of our cries. Not to discuss where Canadians in jail grow up LOL

Your ink was only Toronto. Mine is national.

Second largest group in Canadian prisons is the blacks.

Again, it was to dispel that immigrants are the ones in prison and committing the crimes.

You have no proof or evidence that we import. groups that commit tons of crimes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2024 at 5:37 PM, herbie said:

Why are none of you louts championing it?

Islam is more than just a religion IMO, it's a complete system that includes religion, laws, customs and traditions. And it works. From about  610AD its contributed literature, architecture, universities, medicine / hospitals, chemistry, astronomy, mathematics etc to the world.

The question remains though, is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

That's not to say it can't be, only that it takes more tolerance (on all sides) to achieve than what I perceive as being likely... especially if the tenants of secular democracy are held to be desirable and beneficial for all.

The same might be said about Christianity, particularly Catholicism. But again, haven't we already determined that secular democracy is what we want? Don't we go to some pains to separate church and state? 

Woke ideology has become another form of religion (again IMO). Turn it on its head for a moment and imagine the howls of indignation if schools were conducting bible story time instead of drag queen story time. Imagine them holding after class bible studies and secret baptisms without parental permission. I'm guessing you would object to that.

So before screaming "Islamaphobia" and "hate speech" on any number of topical issues, I'd invite you to substitute the same issue under consideration to one of a Christian action of similar flavour and deed; as opposed to Islamic in flavour and deed.

If you can do that with impartiality you may come to see that the objections to overt, in your face Islamic actions are not so different than what I perceive your own might be if Christianity was captured in the same reticle. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Venandi
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Venandi said:

The question remains though, is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

I dunno. Is religious genocide compatible with secular democracy? Religious genocides are central to the theme of islam. Mohammed did it himself.

Is religious bigotry compatible with secular democracy? Religious bigotry is central to the theme of islam: it's the reason why hijabs are forced on all women in areas that are dominated by muslims. 

It's kind of hard to overlook all the above. The only way to truly understand the character of a person or group is by seeing what they do when they're in a position of power.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

My point was to dispel the statement that immigrants are the root of our cries. Not to discuss where Canadians in jail grow up LOL

Your ink was only Toronto. Mine is national.

Second largest group in Canadian prisons is the blacks.

Again, it was to dispel that immigrants are the ones in prison and committing the crimes.

You have no proof or evidence that we import. groups that commit tons of crimes.

 

You admit the second largest group are blacks, even though they constitute 3% of the population and you have the balls to say that?  Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Less than 4.5% of Blacks can trace their family history here beyond one generation. All the rest are immigrants (70%) and their kids (26.5%). 

You want one from across Canada. Here.

https://boloprogram.org/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Venandi said:

Islam is more than just a religion IMO, it's a complete system that includes religion, laws, customs and traditions. And it works. From about  610AD its contributed literature, architecture, universities, medicine / hospitals, chemistry, astronomy, mathematics etc to the world.

The question remains though, is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

There are 50 Muslim-majority countries in the world. None are true democracies and none have the freedoms taken for granted in the West. None treat non-Muslims equal to Muslims, either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

You admit the second largest group are blacks, even though they constitute 3% of the population and you have the balls to say that?  Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Less than 4.5% of Blacks can trace their family history here beyond one generation. All the rest are immigrants (70%) and their kids (26.5%). 

You want one from across Canada. Here.

https://boloprogram.org/

Nope, I do not admit. I posted stats.

"have the balls to say that?  " to say what??

What am I arguing with when all did was present stats. I didn't make them up. LOL

So, you found Canada's Most Wanted  List...big deal LOL

What is your point???  Mine was and is, as I have said "My point was to dispel the statement that immigrants are the root of our crimes. " If they committed the crimes, and got caught they would be in jail too but....

How can you say they were not born in Canada?  LOL

Oh and all but the indigenous are immigrants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Israel is attacked. Crickets. I don't recall the protests about cheering Gazans. Nothing.

WTH do you mean crickets? That and the consequences have been top news stories every day since Oct 7.
Nothing on that rolling billboard mentioned Palestinians or Hamas. Yet the usual goons are jumping on that as that's the 'Flavour of the Day'  Exactly how it was ISIS back in Harper times with the Syrian influx.

22 hours ago, Goddess said:

No, the reasons come from the very large amount of violent crimes being committed by the people we are allowing to come into our country

An absolute bald faced lie the goon squad loves to repeat.

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

there was no context in that video and no meaningful message, we're all just left to believe that islam is all totally evil and they're taking over. 

DUHHH... there was no context, yet you got the message clear as a bell, eh? So tell us how if you were left to conclude Islam is evil and they're taking over Canada by it, that is not promoting hatred towards a specific group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Venandi said:

The question remains though, is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

You obviously have not done any studying of Islam.  Study the The Religion of Peace (TROP) website to learn the truth.  Your comments show you are completely in the dark.

TROP is a non-political, fact-based site which examines the ideological threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom.

Here are just a few reports on the TROP website:

quote

News

 

Elderly Woman Dies Following Sharia Lynching of Husband…
Hezbollah Flag Raised Outside Israeli Consulate in NYC…
French Worshippers Beaten in Church by Allah-Praising 'Migrant'
Deadly Disease Linked to Haj Travel…
Taliban Threaten Family of Outspoken Female Journalist…
Cleric's Wife Stood Watch While He Raped and Blackmailed…
Fatwa Issued Against Milk Bank for Breastfeeding…
More Pieces of Biden's Pier Wash Up at Tel Aviv Beach…
'Migrants' from ISIS Hotbed are Released into the US…
Ten Million Animals 'Sacrificed' for Eid - Just in Bangladesh…
AI Bots Deployed at Mecca and Medina Mosques…
NYC Schools Chief at Event with Anti-Israel Imam, CAIR…
Iran Smuggles In Two Airbus Planes…
(UK) Palestinian 'Refugee' Says Hamas Headband About Religion…
Berlin Police Admit: Recent Crime Wave Driven by 'Migrants'…
NJ School Apologizes for Teaching that ISIS are Terrorists - After Muslim Group Complains…
"Pro-Palestinians" Tell California Jews to "Go Back to Germany"…
'Progressive' US Clothing Company Funneled Money to Terrorists…
Video Shows Cheering Crowd Setting Fire to Quran 'Desecrator'
Palestinian Children Celebrate Islamic Holiday with Weapons…
Mentally-Challenged Minority Arrested for "Blasphemy"…
Christian Sentenced to 10 Years by Iran…
NY Cops Search for "Your Chance to Get Out" Subway Thug…
Jewish CNN Host Slurred as "War Criminal" Outside Home…
Sexual Harasser Plays Muslim Card in France…
Diarrhea Cases Surge Post-Eid…
Animal-Slaughtering "Services" Price Gouge During Eid…
Two Israeli Commuters Murdered in 2 Days…
Cleric Rapes Student During Quran Lesson…
Lebanon Spooked by Pepsi Logo: 'Resembles Israeli Flag'…
Muslim-Majority Tajikistan Bans Hijab…
Netanyahu Chastises Female and Gay 'Supporters of Gaza'…
Palestinian Workers Despair over Lost Jobs in Israel…
Pious Mob Quickly Lynches Man over Quran Burning Rumor…
Taliban: Females "Cause Immorality," Shouldn't Be Taught…
Haj Death Toll Tops 100 in Extreme Heat…
US State Dept. Now Encouraging Visas from 'Banned' Countries…
(Germany) Female Critic Gets Harsher Sentence than Child Rapists
Brother Stabbed to Death for Drinking on Islamic Holy Day…
(Paris) Hundreds Rally After Targeted Rape of Jewish Girl…
Disturbing Video Shows German Boy Beaten by 'Refugees'…
UK Mosque-Goers Blast Sikh Candidate as 'Zionist Devil'…
Afghan Reporter Arrested and Beaten…
Religion of Peace Group Vows to Fight Israel "Without Limitations"
Jains Save Goats from Muslim Slaughter…
Praying Muslims Block Roads in Ontario City…
Women Shut Out as UN Invites Taliban to Major Conference…
Lawyer Slams Turkey's Decision to Prosecute YT Sharia Critic…
'Migrants' Slur Fench Child as "Dirty Christian" and "Dirty Jew"…
Paris: Gunshots at Mosque Tied to 'Internal Dispute'…
Islamic State Claims Murder of 80 Christians in the Congo…
Iranian Diplomat Threatened Protester in US with Beheading…
UK Muslims to Jew: "You Will Be Slaves Under Our Shoes"…
Taliban Hand Women Massive Cut in Pay…
Christian Jailed for Stepping on Loose Papers…
'Mein Kemph' in Arabic Found in Gaza Refugee Camp…
Hezbollah Advocates "Investing" in Western Universities…
Germany to Protect Euros from Religion of Peace w/ 'Ring of Steel'
Labour Candidate Panders to Muslim Anti-Hindu Sentiments…
Jewish Business Targeted in Miami
Muslim Donor Supports UK Reform Party: "Protect British Values"…
Intel Chief: Islamists Infiltrated Europe via Ukrainian Refugee Prog…
"Islamophobia" Spotted in Toronto: Police Move In…
Shots Fired at Jewish Business in Montreal…
Montreal University Hosts Pro-Hamas 'Summer Camp'…
Cholera Outbreak in Somalia…
Scottish Politicians Pander to Muslim Vote…
(France) 12-Year-Old Jewish Girl Raped for Saying "Bad Things About Palestine"…
Columbia Study Refutes Myth of 'Famine' in Gaza…
European Police Bust Cells Urging Attacks on Football Players…
US Sermon: Politicians Funded by "LGBT Mafia"…
Catholic Woman Resists Her Rapist's Invitation to Islam…
Former Hostage: 'Watched Over by Nurse's Family and Students'…
al-Jazeera Caught "Editing" Video to Protect Hamas…
Woman to Serve 24 Years in Chinese Prison for Teaching Quran
Aid Trucks into Gaza Hampered by Cigarette Smuggling…
Turkey Issues Warrant over YouTube Debate on Islam…
Christian Teens Languish in Prison for 5 Years over WhatsApp Post…
(Germany) Parents Suspected of Honor-Killing 15-Year-Old…
Taliban Pledge to Support Hezbollah in War with Israel…
PA Stands Behind October 7 Atrocities…
Palestinians Using Female Hostages as Slaves…
Amateur Butchers Injured While Trying to Kill Animals…
German Police: Stolen Sheep Probably Linked to Eid…
Dresden Faithful Disrupt Peace with Public 'Prayers'…
Video of "Ronaldo" Reading a Quran Exposed as Hoax…
UK's Labour Leader Vows to Criminalize Criticism of Islam…
NYC Video Catches "Palestinian Activist" Spitting on Old Man…
Jewish Children Target of Kidnapping Attempt in London…
(Scotland) Boy Tied to Chair and Beaten for "Being Gay"…
World Yawns as 150,000 Killed in the Sudan…
US Secretary of State Sits for Interview with Terror Advocate
Quentin Tarantino Targeted by Anti-Semites at NYC Restaurant…
Last Jew in Yemen Passes…
ISIS Prison Uprising Quickly Put Down in Russia…
al-Qaeda Affiliate Kills Over 100 Burkinese Soldiers…
Imam: Qatari Bidets "Introduced Westerners to Cleanliness"…
Top Ayatollah Rails Against Children's Toys: "Invasion"…
Sweden Release War Criminal in Exchange for Hostages in Iran…
UK Muslim: 'It is Against Islam to Turn in [Brother] Terrorist'…
Video Catches Woman without Hijab Being Roughed Up…
Editorial Calls for Unmasking Pro-Hamas 'Demonstrators'…
Park Avenue Synagogue Vandalized
Anti-Israelis Vandalize Australian War Memorial…
Freed Hostages: Palestinian Locals Wanted Us in Tunnels…

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Toronto police or some Islamic association want to take Rebel News to court for driving a truck around displaying a few things about The Religion of Peace and the militant Palestinians, I am all for it.  Let's see what kind of claims they can make in view of the endless list of terrorism and savagery of many followers of Islam in the world.  Hopefully Rebel News will load up with information and present it in court.  As long as both sides have the right to present their information. A good source is The Religion of Peace (TROP). Let the truth be said.

Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth (thereligionofpeace.com)

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, herbie said:

An absolute bald faced lie the goon squad loves to repeat.

News

 

Elderly Woman Dies Following Sharia Lynching of Husband…
Hezbollah Flag Raised Outside Israeli Consulate in NYC…
French Worshippers Beaten in Church by Allah-Praising 'Migrant'
Deadly Disease Linked to Haj Travel…
Taliban Threaten Family of Outspoken Female Journalist…
Cleric's Wife Stood Watch While He Raped and Blackmailed…
Fatwa Issued Against Milk Bank for Breastfeeding…
More Pieces of Biden's Pier Wash Up at Tel Aviv Beach…
'Migrants' from ISIS Hotbed are Released into the US…
Ten Million Animals 'Sacrificed' for Eid - Just in Bangladesh…
AI Bots Deployed at Mecca and Medina Mosques…
NYC Schools Chief at Event with Anti-Israel Imam, CAIR…
Iran Smuggles In Two Airbus Planes…
(UK) Palestinian 'Refugee' Says Hamas Headband About Religion…
Berlin Police Admit: Recent Crime Wave Driven by 'Migrants'…
NJ School Apologizes for Teaching that ISIS are Terrorists - After Muslim Group Complains…
"Pro-Palestinians" Tell California Jews to "Go Back to Germany"…
'Progressive' US Clothing Company Funneled Money to Terrorists…
Video Shows Cheering Crowd Setting Fire to Quran 'Desecrator'
Palestinian Children Celebrate Islamic Holiday with Weapons…
Mentally-Challenged Minority Arrested for "Blasphemy"…
Christian Sentenced to 10 Years by Iran…
NY Cops Search for "Your Chance to Get Out" Subway Thug…
Jewish CNN Host Slurred as "War Criminal" Outside Home…
Sexual Harasser Plays Muslim Card in France…
Diarrhea Cases Surge Post-Eid…
Animal-Slaughtering "Services" Price Gouge During Eid…
Two Israeli Commuters Murdered in 2 Days…
Cleric Rapes Student During Quran Lesson…
Lebanon Spooked by Pepsi Logo: 'Resembles Israeli Flag'…
Muslim-Majority Tajikistan Bans Hijab…
Netanyahu Chastises Female and Gay 'Supporters of Gaza'…
Palestinian Workers Despair over Lost Jobs in Israel…
Pious Mob Quickly Lynches Man over Quran Burning Rumor…
Taliban: Females "Cause Immorality," Shouldn't Be Taught…
Haj Death Toll Tops 100 in Extreme Heat…
US State Dept. Now Encouraging Visas from 'Banned' Countries…
(Germany) Female Critic Gets Harsher Sentence than Child Rapists
Brother Stabbed to Death for Drinking on Islamic Holy Day…
(Paris) Hundreds Rally After Targeted Rape of Jewish Girl…
Disturbing Video Shows German Boy Beaten by 'Refugees'…
UK Mosque-Goers Blast Sikh Candidate as 'Zionist Devil'…
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lists crimes from all over the world to imply they're done by immigrants to Canada.
Nice try.

Lists Islamic crimes from all over the world to imply Islam itself caused them.
Nice try.

Lists Islamic crimes from all over the world to imply all believers are zealots not like most of us that only go to church for weddings and funerals and still identify as Christians.
Uh Huh.

Lists crimes from all over the world to imply immigration needs to be reduced as all immigrants are Islamic.
Again, nice try.

Lists crimes from all over the world to imply refugees trying to escape them are coming here to do the exact thing they risked their lives to get away from.
Nice try.

Listed by an Evangelical Christian Zealot that loathes other denominations of his own religion.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I dunno. Is religious genocide compatible with secular democracy? Religious genocides are central to the theme of islam. Mohammed did it himself.

Is religious bigotry compatible with secular democracy? Religious bigotry is central to the theme of islam: it's the reason why hijabs are forced on all women in areas that are dominated by muslims. 

It's kind of hard to overlook all the above. The only way to truly understand the character of a person or group is by seeing what they do when they're in a position of power.  

Islamic Republic which has taken the nation of Iran hostage may demonstrate well what they do when an Islamic group takes power. If not yet convinced then look at Taliban in Afghanistan. Not convinced yet? Then how about ISIS? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, herbie said:

Listed by an Evangelical Christian Zealot that loathes other denominations of his own religion.

Your denial of the harm from The Religion of Peace is similar to your hug a criminal comments and ignore the fact they kill young girls and women.  Same warped thinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Venandi said:

Islam is more than just a religion IMO, it's a complete system that includes religion, laws, customs and traditions. And it works. From about  610AD its contributed literature, architecture, universities, medicine / hospitals, chemistry, astronomy, mathematics etc to the world.

The question remains though, is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

 

 

 

 

 

Islam did not contribute to none of above. They invaded neighboring civilizations like the Persian Empire and Egypt and it was those civilizations which contributed to literature, architecture, medicine , chemistry (Abu Ali Sina and Zakaria Razi were Persians not Arabs foe example). Arabs were nothing more than violent tribes in desert attacking and robbing each other.

Your question is a joke or serious? Islam and democracy in one sentence!!!!! You wish to know about Islamic democracy ask the nation of Iran, women in particular and women of Afghanistan.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

DUHHH... there was no context, yet you got the message clear as a bell, eh? So tell us how if you were left to conclude Islam is evil and they're taking over Canada by it, that is not promoting hatred towards a specific group.

Gawd you're stupid. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herbie said:

That and the consequences have been top news stories every day since Oct 7.

The backlash hasn't remotely been the same. But maybe I live under a rock.

But from my vantage point,  Israel's condemnation has been ferocious.

Words like genocide. Pressure to decouple from them, financially. Global protest movement.

Again, maybe I live under a rock, but it hasn't remotely been the same, in my opinion.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

You obviously have not done any studying of Islam.  Study the The Religion of Peace (TROP) website to learn the truth.  Your comments show you are completely in the dark.

TROP is a non-political, fact-based site which examines the ideological threat that Islam poses to human dignity and freedom.

Here are just a few reports on the TROP website:

quote

News

 

Elderly Woman Dies Following Sharia Lynching of Husband…
Hezbollah Flag Raised Outside Israeli Consulate in NYC…
French Worshippers Beaten in Church by Allah-Praising 'Migrant'
Deadly Disease Linked to Haj Travel…
Taliban Threaten Family of Outspoken Female Journalist…
Cleric's Wife Stood Watch While He Raped and Blackmailed…
Fatwa Issued Against Milk Bank for Breastfeeding…
More Pieces of Biden's Pier Wash Up at Tel Aviv Beach…
'Migrants' from ISIS Hotbed are Released into the US…
Ten Million Animals 'Sacrificed' for Eid - Just in Bangladesh…
AI Bots Deployed at Mecca and Medina Mosques…
NYC Schools Chief at Event with Anti-Israel Imam, CAIR…
Iran Smuggles In Two Airbus Planes…
(UK) Palestinian 'Refugee' Says Hamas Headband About Religion…
Berlin Police Admit: Recent Crime Wave Driven by 'Migrants'…
NJ School Apologizes for Teaching that ISIS are Terrorists - After Muslim Group Complains…
"Pro-Palestinians" Tell California Jews to "Go Back to Germany"…
'Progressive' US Clothing Company Funneled Money to Terrorists…
Video Shows Cheering Crowd Setting Fire to Quran 'Desecrator'
Palestinian Children Celebrate Islamic Holiday with Weapons…
Mentally-Challenged Minority Arrested for "Blasphemy"…
Christian Sentenced to 10 Years by Iran…
NY Cops Search for "Your Chance to Get Out" Subway Thug…
Jewish CNN Host Slurred as "War Criminal" Outside Home…
Sexual Harasser Plays Muslim Card in France…
Diarrhea Cases Surge Post-Eid…
Animal-Slaughtering "Services" Price Gouge During Eid…
Two Israeli Commuters Murdered in 2 Days…
Cleric Rapes Student During Quran Lesson…
Lebanon Spooked by Pepsi Logo: 'Resembles Israeli Flag'…
Muslim-Majority Tajikistan Bans Hijab…
Netanyahu Chastises Female and Gay 'Supporters of Gaza'…
Palestinian Workers Despair over Lost Jobs in Israel…
Pious Mob Quickly Lynches Man over Quran Burning Rumor…
Taliban: Females "Cause Immorality," Shouldn't Be Taught…
Haj Death Toll Tops 100 in Extreme Heat…
US State Dept. Now Encouraging Visas from 'Banned' Countries…
(Germany) Female Critic Gets Harsher Sentence than Child Rapists
Brother Stabbed to Death for Drinking on Islamic Holy Day…
(Paris) Hundreds Rally After Targeted Rape of Jewish Girl…
Disturbing Video Shows German Boy Beaten by 'Refugees'…
UK Mosque-Goers Blast Sikh Candidate as 'Zionist Devil'…
Afghan Reporter Arrested and Beaten…
Religion of Peace Group Vows to Fight Israel "Without Limitations"
Jains Save Goats from Muslim Slaughter…
Praying Muslims Block Roads in Ontario City…
Women Shut Out as UN Invites Taliban to Major Conference…
Lawyer Slams Turkey's Decision to Prosecute YT Sharia Critic…
'Migrants' Slur Fench Child as "Dirty Christian" and "Dirty Jew"…
Paris: Gunshots at Mosque Tied to 'Internal Dispute'…
Islamic State Claims Murder of 80 Christians in the Congo…
Iranian Diplomat Threatened Protester in US with Beheading…
UK Muslims to Jew: "You Will Be Slaves Under Our Shoes"…
Taliban Hand Women Massive Cut in Pay…
Christian Jailed for Stepping on Loose Papers…
'Mein Kemph' in Arabic Found in Gaza Refugee Camp…
Hezbollah Advocates "Investing" in Western Universities…
Germany to Protect Euros from Religion of Peace w/ 'Ring of Steel'
Labour Candidate Panders to Muslim Anti-Hindu Sentiments…
Jewish Business Targeted in Miami
Muslim Donor Supports UK Reform Party: "Protect British Values"…
Intel Chief: Islamists Infiltrated Europe via Ukrainian Refugee Prog…
"Islamophobia" Spotted in Toronto: Police Move In…
Shots Fired at Jewish Business in Montreal…
Montreal University Hosts Pro-Hamas 'Summer Camp'…
Cholera Outbreak in Somalia…
Scottish Politicians Pander to Muslim Vote…
(France) 12-Year-Old Jewish Girl Raped for Saying "Bad Things About Palestine"…
Columbia Study Refutes Myth of 'Famine' in Gaza…
European Police Bust Cells Urging Attacks on Football Players…
US Sermon: Politicians Funded by "LGBT Mafia"…
Catholic Woman Resists Her Rapist's Invitation to Islam…
Former Hostage: 'Watched Over by Nurse's Family and Students'…
al-Jazeera Caught "Editing" Video to Protect Hamas…
Woman to Serve 24 Years in Chinese Prison for Teaching Quran
Aid Trucks into Gaza Hampered by Cigarette Smuggling…
Turkey Issues Warrant over YouTube Debate on Islam…
Christian Teens Languish in Prison for 5 Years over WhatsApp Post…
(Germany) Parents Suspected of Honor-Killing 15-Year-Old…
Taliban Pledge to Support Hezbollah in War with Israel…
PA Stands Behind October 7 Atrocities…
Palestinians Using Female Hostages as Slaves…
Amateur Butchers Injured While Trying to Kill Animals…
German Police: Stolen Sheep Probably Linked to Eid…
Dresden Faithful Disrupt Peace with Public 'Prayers'…
Video of "Ronaldo" Reading a Quran Exposed as Hoax…
UK's Labour Leader Vows to Criminalize Criticism of Islam…
NYC Video Catches "Palestinian Activist" Spitting on Old Man…
Jewish Children Target of Kidnapping Attempt in London…
(Scotland) Boy Tied to Chair and Beaten for "Being Gay"…
World Yawns as 150,000 Killed in the Sudan…
US Secretary of State Sits for Interview with Terror Advocate
Quentin Tarantino Targeted by Anti-Semites at NYC Restaurant…
Last Jew in Yemen Passes…
ISIS Prison Uprising Quickly Put Down in Russia…
al-Qaeda Affiliate Kills Over 100 Burkinese Soldiers…
Imam: Qatari Bidets "Introduced Westerners to Cleanliness"…
Top Ayatollah Rails Against Children's Toys: "Invasion"…
Sweden Release War Criminal in Exchange for Hostages in Iran…
UK Muslim: 'It is Against Islam to Turn in [Brother] Terrorist'…
Video Catches Woman without Hijab Being Roughed Up…
Editorial Calls for Unmasking Pro-Hamas 'Demonstrators'…
Park Avenue Synagogue Vandalized
Anti-Israelis Vandalize Australian War Memorial…
Freed Hostages: Palestinian Locals Wanted Us in Tunnels…

 

Raises a few questions doesn't it...

Like:

6 hours ago, Venandi said:

is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

My answer is that it isn't.

In the broader issue of integration into a secular, democratic society I would suggest:

6 hours ago, Venandi said:

that it takes more tolerance (on all sides) to achieve than what I perceive as being likely... especially if the tenants of secular democracy are held to be desirable and beneficial for all.

 

I think you missed my point and

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Your comments show you are completely in the dark.

The level of tolerance required to allow fundamental Islam to peacefully coexist in a secular democracy is a two way street and it will not be forthcoming from any side anytime soon.  

The story below speaks to the very lack of tolerance and the integration problems I refer to.... proceed with caution or expect scenes like this to become more common in your own backyard. 

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/anti-israel-protesters-pledge-support-to-houthi-militants

 

Edited by Venandi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Venandi said:

The question remains though, is fundamental Islam compatible with secular democracy?

 

2 hours ago, I am Groot said:

There are 50 Muslim-majority countries in the world. None are true democracies and none have the freedoms taken for granted in the West.

Here's a hint.... the question was rhetorical.

That said, it doesn't mean that a country like Canada CAN"T make it work, it's just that I don't see it happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Venandi said:

he level of tolerance required to allow fundamental Islam to peacefully coexist in a secular democracy is a two way street and it will not be forthcoming from any side anytime soon.  

The west has known for 1,400 years that Islam does not work in any western country.  It seems Canada is extremely naive and creating nothing but problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

You obviously have not done any studying of Islam.

Not a lot of hard study like you obviously have, but most of my extended vacations were in Muslim desserts. I turned 19 in the Sinai on UNEF2 while attached to the Swedish Contingent in a place called Baluza. More importantly though, when on the road I always stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

First up on a search of the Islamic Golden Age... lots of links to explore if you're so inclined. 

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age 

 

 

Edited by Venandi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

The west has known for 1,400 years that Islam does not work in any western country.  It seems Canada is extremely naive and creating nothing but problems.

There's no evidence that Muslims don't integrate.  Why would there be?  Is there something biologically different about human brains that follow a different religion?  No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,762
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    jsss8791
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...