Bush has lost it

I will say this much: I agree that much of the knee-jerk reaction to this deal is rooted in xenophobia. I just wanted to point out that the other main contender was from Singapore, not China.

I stand corrected on PSA and thank you BD. However Hutchinson, the other contender is Chinese.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you seem to have a hair trigger here with Clinton. I think he was a fine president who also would have carried out an effective war on terror had 911 happened on his watch. I merely was showing that foreign companies running US ports was not a GWB invention. It happened in Clinton's time and well before so, to blame Bush for allowing this is pretty simple minded and smacks of a sort of political 'creationism' whereby the new era started on Jan 20 2000.

Who cares what the hell you think about Clinton or if it started with Clinton or even with Reagan. The American people are NOT comfortable with this. And I reiterate... NO PORT SHOULD HAVE ANY FOREIGN COMPANY RUNNING IT! The American people simply weren't aware of it before but now we are!

Bush was defending this decision without having even known of it! He's a buffoon! The ultra secretative CFIUS has blocked only one out of 1,500 foreign takeovers of U.S. assets. These are the same globalist bastards that approved the sale of Unocal to the RED Chinese. There isn't even any Congressional oversight comittee to monitor those globalist bastards!

And guess what... I don't like mooseslimes and I wish that we could rid our nation of every single one of them! They should never have been allowed in our country... they shouldn't even be allowed to visit it! And don't talk to me about racism or prejudice until you can come here and tell me that there are an equal amount of Christian churches in the U.A.E. and Saudi Arabia as there are mooseslime mosques here in America and Canada.

:angry:

Black Dog:

Funny: the people kicking up the most fuss over this are from the right side of the spectrum. Witness the teeth gnashing of professional gnasher Michelle Malkin.

Oh the horror! The invaluable Michelle Malkin is disagreeing with Bush. She ain't marching lockstep. She ain't liberal!! :ph34r:

Edited by Montgomery Burns

Who cares what the hell you think

Interesting phrase for a discussion board. Possibly you should consider a blog with the settings set to 'no replies permitted.'

NO PORT SHOULD HAVE ANY FOREIGN COMPANY RUNNING IT!

Better tell that to the stock exchanges. US companies are entrenched in foreign markets just as foreign companies are entrenched in your country and ours. Are you proposing that the capitalistic and global world be dismatled? At what point should trade and investment stop? Middle ages? Industrial England era? Where?

I don't like mooseslimes and I wish that we could rid our nation of every single one of them! They should never have been allowed in our country... they shouldn't even be allowed to visit it!

Ladies and gentlemen, the above is what a 'frothing right winger' is, - and, I am far right.

And don't talk to me about racism or prejudice until you can come here and tell me that there are an equal amount of Christian churches in the U.A.E. and Saudi Arabia as there are mooseslime mosques here in America and Canada.

Quotas? OK, maybe I'm wrong. Liberal frothing right wing.

:lol:

I find it amusing that the left is now screaming for racial profiling. Many US ports are managed by companies based in foreign countries. US intelligence agencies scrutinized this deal and found no security concerns. DPW also has many Americans among its senior leadership. The UAE has been a strong ally in the War on Terror, having provided vital information to the US, and allowed them to base troops and planes in their country. The govt has worked hard to crack down on terrorist movements and financing.

Dubai is one of the few modernistic states in the Mid East, having worked to build a real economic infrastructure not based entirely on oil. It was the first ME country to sign up with the Container Security Initiative program, which places American customs agents in foreign ports to screen cargo bound for the US.

The demands to block the sale seem to be entirely based on the fact that they are Arabs. :o

Treating allies with fear and suspicion based on race isn't the best way to win friends and influence people in that part of the world. There is no evidence to indicate that DPW has any ties to terror groups, besides it being based in the Mid East. Kicking the UAE in the teeth would damage US credibility at a time and in a place they need it most.

The disappointing thing is how many Republicans are reacting to the Democrat's knee-jerk xenophobic isolationism--in the same way. Perhaps they are worried about the Dems are getting a "one-up" on them regarding security concerns? Not to worry. The Democrats have proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted with US security. :)

Ahhh well. Republicans disagree with each other on many things. It's one of the things I like about rightwingers; they do not march in lockstep like the Clinton Bots.

BHS:

The political reality is that average Americans are deeply uncomfortable with the idea that the government of a country that produced two of the 911 hijackers...

I think one of the hijackers was born in the UAE. But irregardless, it is difficult to find many countries with no ties to terrorism.

Eg, a British company is currently managing these ports. Richard Reid, the "shoe bomber" was born in London. The terrorists who blew up several trains and a bus on 7 July 2005 were natural-born British citizens. Have you heard an uproar against British companies managing American transportation assets?

And I am sure that average Americans being "deeply uncomfortable" with this will die down. The public has basically tuned out the hysterical shrieking Dems.

Actually, you seem to have a hair trigger here with Clinton. I think he was a fine president who also would have carried out an effective war on terror had 911 happened on his watch. I merely was showing that foreign companies running US ports was not a GWB invention. It happened in Clinton's time and well before so, to blame Bush for allowing this is pretty simple minded and smacks of a sort of political 'creationism' whereby the new era started on Jan 20 2000.

Who cares what the hell you think about Clinton or if it started with Clinton or even with Reagan. The American people are NOT comfortable with this. And I reiterate... NO PORT SHOULD HAVE ANY FOREIGN COMPANY RUNNING IT! The American people simply weren't aware of it before but now we are!

Bush was defending this decision without having even known of it! He's a buffoon! The ultra secretative CFIUS has blocked only one out of 1,500 foreign takeovers of U.S. assets. These are the same globalist bastards that approved the sale of Unocal to the RED Chinese. There isn't even any Congressional oversight comittee to monitor those globalist bastards!

And guess what... I don't like mooseslimes and I wish that we could rid our nation of every single one of them! They should never have been allowed in our country... they shouldn't even be allowed to visit it! And don't talk to me about racism or prejudice until you can come here and tell me that there are an equal amount of Christian churches in the U.A.E. and Saudi Arabia as there are mooseslime mosques here in America and Canada.

:angry:

Mooseslimes?

Don't you love it when the far-left shows their true colors? ;)

Who cares what the hell you think

Interesting phrase for a discussion board. Possibly you should consider a blog with the settings set to 'no replies permitted.'

NO PORT SHOULD HAVE ANY FOREIGN COMPANY RUNNING IT!

Better tell that to the stock exchanges. US companies are entrenched in foreign markets just as foreign companies are entrenched in your country and ours. Are you proposing that the capitalistic and global world be dismatled? At what point should trade and investment stop? Middle ages? Industrial England era? Where?

I don't like mooseslimes and I wish that we could rid our nation of every single one of them! They should never have been allowed in our country... they shouldn't even be allowed to visit it!

Ladies and gentlemen, the above is what a 'frothing right winger' is, - and, I am far right.

And don't talk to me about racism or prejudice until you can come here and tell me that there are an equal amount of Christian churches in the U.A.E. and Saudi Arabia as there are mooseslime mosques here in America and Canada.

Quotas? OK, maybe I'm wrong. Liberal frothing right wing.

:lol:

Guess who has financed the educational software company of Neal Bush... you know Neal... he has a brother that's a megalomaniac president.

Also follow the connections to the Carlyle Group where Pappy Bush has served.

Both the American and Canadian State Departments have issued travel advisories to the U.A.E.

This is all about globalization. Again the globalist masters show that they control George W. Bush. CIFIUS is the highly secretive group that okayed this deal... that's the same people who okayed the deal for the Red Chinese to buy Unocal! Of 1,500 proposed adquisitions of U.S. assets by foreigners they have refuse only 1 deal! 1 out of 1,500! They don't even have a Congressional oversight committee! This stinks and gives more credence to the conspiracy theorist claim that this "war on terror" is completely engineered by the globalist... and I for one... believe that they are right on target.

The Bush family has a long history of being bailed out by A-rab money with their failed oil ventures and this is just another in a long line of thank you pay backs. This is a $7 billion dollar buy out of a British company and they, the U.A.E. reps, are hiring many more lobbyist, besides Bob Dole, to persuade... I'm sorry... grease... the U.S. Congress... so that when they bend over George will put it to them with greater ease. Nothing like A-rab penis for crack whore politicans.

The New World Disorder is upon us America!

You wrote- " What the hell is he thinking"

What George Bush is trying to do is sell democracy through foreign policy "we'll treat you fairly".

Dubai is an ally of America it runs ports in New York, Baltimore, New Jersey, New Orleans, and Philadelphia.

I think Mr. Bush is right on target and is doing the right thing until proven otherwise.

Dear Leafless,

Dubai is an ally of America it runs ports in New York, Baltimore, New Jersey, New Orleans, and Philadelphia.

I think Mr. Bush is right on target and is doing the right thing until proven otherwise.

I have to agree. The UAE are the most 'capital and profit driven' nation in the ME, possibly the world, yet are 90%+ Muslim. (Of those that are indiginous, there is a vast amount of foreign 'labour' there) I think that they have as equal an interest in the security of the ports as the USA.

Interesting to note,

Bush unaware of Dubai ports deal before approval

REUTERS 23 Feb 2006

By Tabassum Zakaria WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush did not know about a deal to hand over operations at six major U.S. ports to an Arab company until after his administration had approved it, the White House said on Wednesday. Surprised by...

I found this at 'scotsman.com' earlier in the day, but the link now wants me to pay...screw that.

Dear Leafless,

I have to agree. The UAE are the most 'capital and profit driven' nation in the ME, possibly the world, yet are 90%+ Muslim. (Of those that are indiginous, there is a vast amount of foreign 'labour' there) I think that they have as equal an interest in the security of the ports as the USA.

Interesting to note,

Bush unaware of Dubai ports deal before approval

REUTERS 23 Feb 2006

By Tabassum Zakaria WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush did not know about a deal to hand over operations at six major U.S. ports to an Arab company until after his administration had approved it, the White House said on Wednesday. Surprised by...

I found this at 'scotsman.com' earlier in the day, but the link now wants me to pay...screw that.

Old Honest George has a bit of a problem now, hasn't he?

Arab Co., White House Had Secret Agreement

Feb 22 9:03 PM US/Eastern

Email this story

By TED BRIDIS

Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

[email protected] The Bush administration secretly required a company in the United Arab Emirates to cooperate with future U.S. investigations before approving its takeover of operations at six American ports, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press. It chose not to impose other, routine restrictions.

As part of the $6.8 billion purchase, state-owned Dubai Ports World agreed to reveal records on demand about "foreign operational direction" of its business at U.S. ports, the documents said. Those records broadly include details about the design, maintenance or operation of ports and equipment.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/22/D8FUHG4G0.html

How do you secretly require cooperation promises when you supposedly don't know what's going on? The man and his administration are the biggest lying sons-a-bitches on the earth... how can you trust anything that the globalist bastard says?

How do you secretly require cooperation promises when you supposedly don't know what's going on?

Easy, you do just what he did. He doesn't see things on his agenda until it has been worked on so that it becomes a 'yes/no' decision. Obviously, the lower tiers of his administration did a lot of foot work beforehand. To not do that would have been irresposible and wasted his time trying to decide on variables that may or may not happen. And, hold onto your spiked helmet Zues, but bet there are a whole bunch more preconditions that Bush and his peole didn't consult you on as well. Ranging from security of their ports elsewhere, in Dubai itself, ships crossing the ocean in international waters and cooperation in the war on terror via communications taps, banks and so on and forth.

The Dubai government wants this deal and will do anything to see it through. Basicly it's a blank cheque without having to invade and take over.

BTW, where are you going to go to get away from globalization? A Menonite community?

What George Bush is trying to do is sell democracy through foreign policy "we'll treat you fairly".

Another ally is Saudi Arabia, you know that place where most of the 911 terrorists came from. But maybe this whole affair isn't a big deal. Hell, Dubya didn't even know about it until a few days ago.

Another ally is Saudi Arabia, you know that place where most of the 911 terrorists came from. But maybe this whole affair isn't a big deal. Hell, Dubya didn't even know about it until a few days ago.

100% on both counts Nubie.

Saudi Arabia has cracked down on Al Queda in a big way since the US Invaded Iraq. Reason? They know which side their butter is on and they have no choice, otherwise, they will fall into the sea of simmering fanaticism that is entrenched into their country. As for Bush, it really isn't that big of a deal. Where were you anti muslims and distrusters of arabs when it counted? Funny, you were against Bush then too when he was using the stick.

I knew. However, true. This isn't a big deal. Every company is owned by shareholders from North America, Europe, Asia and that company has to be based somewhere. This company already manages ports where US bound goods are loaded and shipped from, thus, if they were going to do somethig terrible, they already can. With safeguards that are part of the processin order to facilitate this merger, it is actualy safer than it was before. In your world, are arabs to be excluded from this? Are they forever to be the shepherds of oil, as it dwindles with consumption? Are they to be told that they cannot join the first world because we are scared and then, try to move them further away from the fundementalists who want to pull them back to the eighth century of the calipahte?

Is that the message you wish to send to terrorists and the arab world? Anybody but the 'shifless' :rolleyes: sand people. That they now, can provide an alternative that makes sense as white people and the US in general just don't trust arabs to do anything. And, until we are cleansed off the earth, they will never get their fair share.

"The oil-rich United Arab Emirates is a major investor in The Carlyle Group, the private equity investment firm where President Bush's father once served as senior adviser and is a who's who of former high-level government officials. Just last year, Dubai International Capital, a government-backed buyout firm, invested in an $8 billion Carlyle fund.

Another family connection, the president's brother, Neil Bush, has reportedly received funding for his educational software company from the UAE investors. A call to his company was not returned.

Then there is the cabinet connection. Treasury Secretary John Snow was chairman of railroad company CSX/. After he left the company for the White House, CSX sold its international port operations to Dubai Ports World for more than a billion dollars.

In Connecticut today, Snow told reporters he had no knowledge of that CSX sale. "I learned of this transaction probably the same way members of the Senate did, by reading about it in the newspapers."

Another administration connection, President Bush chose a Dubai Ports World executive to head the U.S. Maritime Administration. David Sanborn, the former director of Dubai Ports' European and Latin American operations, he was tapped just last month to lead the agency that oversees U.S. port operations."

-CHRISTINE ROMANS, CNN CORRESPONDENT, LOU DOBBS TONIGHT, 02/22/06

FOLLOW THE MONEY! George W. Bush... tough on defense until it clashes with the bottom line!

Well, thank you for that Zues. I suppose that proves that there is no terrorism involved in this as members of the administration know them inside and out and have a personal interest in this.

Good reporting! We can all breathe easier now.

From what I can see of your commentary related to this incident you are more than likely a Bushbot. There will be no information from any source that will convince you of anything. Reality may not even be able to do it as many Russians loved and adored Stalin... much like you do Bush... to such a point that even after their love... Uncle Joe... had them jailed and most or all of theIr family were killed... thought that they only got what they deserved... even though they were guilty of no crime. Delusion in this world is incredible. There is more than a small amount of evidence that these people are selling out the American people and selling the nation off a piece at a time... and you just sit there praising them. And I know... there's no need to remind me because I deal with Bushbots all day, everyday... CLINTON GOT A BLOWJOB THEREFORE GEORGE CAN DO NO WRONG!

You see... I've learned well!

Pride goes before destruction... and the pride of America is about to take a fall... the arrogance of the Neoconneds reaches to high heaven... unfortunately the entire nation will have to pay the price for having elected a bungling idiot.

All I have to do is wait... then you'll hear... provided you're still alive... the proverbial... "I TOLD YOU SO!

As a matter of fact, I dislike Bush immensely as I was a soldier and know he cut our of 'Nam when good men went. I'll never forgive him for that. Side, I'm Canadian and voted independent (Paul Kelly) as my Conservative MP is out for herself and, the Consevative party is just a Left of center shell oly out to be in power for power's sake rather than reflect true conservative values. I don't join trends.

Good mind reading though. Work on the dilapadator tuning though, think that's probably where it's shorting out.

Drew Bedson:

As a matter of fact, I dislike Bush immensely as I was a soldier and know he cut our of 'Nam when good men went. I'll never forgive him for that.

Good grief. Will this false meme ever end?

Bush volunteered to go to Vietnam, but wasn't eligible because he only had 300 of the 500 hours of flight training required.

As a matter of fact, I dislike Bush immensely as I was a soldier and know he cut our of 'Nam when good men went. I'll never forgive him for that. Side, I'm Canadian and voted independent (Paul Kelly) as my Conservative MP is out for herself and, the Consevative party is just a Left of center shell oly out to be in power for power's sake rather than reflect true conservative values. I don't join trends.

Good mind reading though. Work on the dilapadator tuning though, think that's probably where it's shorting out.

Then your stand on this iisue contradicts your profession here. I'm a Vietnam vet, U.S.M.C., and as one former military to another you should know that the media is not giving the entire picture of what is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan. Have you seen a single picture on any evening news with kids burned or shot up or kneeling over their dead parents crying? No! Yet there are more than 30,000 dead Iraqis. This whole war on terror smells to high heaven. Bush has refused to secure the borders and even now is demanding that the American people accept his guest worker amnesty before he'll do anything about it. This ports deal is just another part of borders issue that he is refusing to handle in a way that the American people want it handled. The fact is that the globalist have planned for decades to merge the borders of our nations with those of Mexico.

As an American citizen I, and a majority of my countrymen, do not want this deal to go through. We do not feel comfortable with it and the Congress as well as that bungling crack whore from Crawford should adhere to the desire of the American people. We don't care about Bush and his Arab Puppet Masters nor the frigging bottom line! It's OUR country and OUR security that concerns us. Not the pockets of the super wealthy and a stinking azs arab country of 2.5 million. Screw Bush, screw his arab puppet masters and screw the U.S. Congress if it bends over and drops their panties on this deal... which I suspect will happen... because the Emirs have already made a dash to K Street to hire the best pimps that money can.

Being former military you should be more than a little suspicious that our governments don't seem to be overly concerned about immigration and wide-opened borders and how... whenever there is a need... a possible terrorist incident and/or warning conveniently appears. This war on "terror" is engineered and with every passing day I'm more convinced of my conviction! Even the term "terrorist" should send chills down your spine... can't you see how wide a brush it is? They can paint anything with it!

Whats a dilapadator?