New Decima poll

I'm not surprised the Libs are down since they lost their leader and are in a state of rebuilding. I'm a little surprised the CPC hasn't made any gains but, then again, I've always believed they would have a very hard time cracking the 40% mark with Harper as leader.

Around here libs were saying how the Torys with Harper could never exceed around 30%. Now that they have, let's raise the bar to 40. After they scrap the gun registry and cut the GST, I bet they'll start flirting with 40 since the Liberals are a long way from doing anything except expressing 'shock', as Martin was quoted as saying regarding Emerson today. Yah, after he wooed Belinda away, sure thing buddy.

I'm not surprised the Libs are down since they lost their leader and are in a state of rebuilding. I'm a little surprised the CPC hasn't made any gains but, then again, I've always believed they would have a very hard time cracking the 40% mark with Harper as leader.

It makes me think that the tories are at their support maximums right now. It seems that the NDP are benifiting from the Liberal collapse...not the tories.

As long as the torys stick to their election promises I see them getting a majority (and a nice bump in overall support) in the next election. Interesting to see the NDP finally picking up support, we might be seeing a shift in support from the center left away from the Liberals to the NDP as the "2nd" party and not the ".5" ?

The Conservatives continued raise in Quebec is really something. THe BQ is now at 35%, the Tories at 28% and the Liberals still stuck in the mud at 18%.

My guess is that many of the small town and rural Quebec ridings outside the Montreal area are opening up to the Conservatives. The area around Quebec City is now mostly Conservative held.

The eastern townships could fall easily to the Consersatives and certain suburban ridings around Montreal could also be very close between the BQ and the Conservatives.

If Harper wants his majority he will have to find it in Quebec.

If Harper wants his majority he will have to find it in Quebec.

But first he will have to deliver on his promises, and on what Charest believes is "fair" federalism. That is in the range of $5 billion. And then Harper will be accused of pandering to "whining" Québec.

Otherwise, considering the very low support popular support for Charest, the PQ will win the next provincial elections.

Ready for another Québec referendum?

There are a lot of variables to consider before handing the conservatives a majority in the next election. Things like who the next Liberal leader will be, whether the Conservatives can stay on message, what the reaction will be if the budget slips into deficit and how many of the election promises can be fulfilled are all going to affect the mood of the electorate.

Who is a potential Liberal leader that could beat the Conservatives?

The Conservatives are doing a pretty good job of staying on message so far.

the budget will be a big one, that's for sure.

I would look for all the five priorities to be fulfilled.

There are a lot of variables to consider before handing the conservatives a majority in the next election. Things like who the next Liberal leader will be, whether the Conservatives can stay on message, what the reaction will be if the budget slips into deficit and how many of the election promises can be fulfilled are all going to affect the mood of the electorate.

As happy as I would be to see those poll numbers more regularly, CPC gov't with NDP opposition size support, I honestly think that those numbers are reflecting leadership at the moment.

The Conservative's and NDP continue on with their known and respected leaders, while the Liberals are in limbo. So people are like.. hmm.. since my Liberal party is mangled.. honestly who would I vote for at the moment? And then you see the left leaning Liberal population say they'd vote for the NDP.

I agree with earlier posts though sadly... once the Liberals get straightened out.. the NDP will fade into the backround again by next election.

Read it here...Decima Poll

Tories don't really move any, Liberals drop sizably, and the NDP gains. If the election was held today, looks like the liberals would drop to 4th place. Brilliant.

Poor liberals, I am getting misty, please pass the kleenex.

NDP gains - yeah baby that's what I'm talkin about. More social programs and less money for everyone!!!

Conservatives - wow even after their screwed up start still holding their own. I guess people don't give a hoot about ministers how cross the floor and aren't an MP.

[by the way what ever happened to the Rhino party?]