Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

2 hours ago, West said:

Looks like the Chiefs sold out of women's butker jerseys. Many are rejecting your wokeism realizing raising kids is a good thing

Sure they did. No one has said raising kids isn't a good thing. My wife was able to stay at home until our kids were out of elementary school, then she went back to work. Her choice.

Edited by Aristides

11 hours ago, West said:

I actually respect the role of a homemaker whereas you think it makes them subordinate.

You didn’t answer my question. Why do you think it’s the women who should stay home and not men?

8 hours ago, User said:

Talk about some dishonest obfuscation. This thread is about women being Homemakers because you and others are making up crap about what Butker said to women. 

You don't get to pretend that now all of a sudden you were never talking about women. 

So... are you now saying that everything you have said about being a Homemaker up to this point was only in regards to males and none of it applies to females?

Do you have a reading problem? Throughout this thread I have explicitly said multiple times that I was commenting on a behavior that applies to women and men. Explicitly.

You're welcome to disagree with my evaluation of the behavior, but you're not welcome to lie about what I've said. 

I have not anywhere in this thread--or others--been demeaning to women. Indeed, I've been the one to say that in the modern world there is nothing holding women back from being and doing nearly anything. Nothing, that is, except patriarchal a-holes who think the "purpose" of women is to breed and cook and clean. 

Butker told women who had invested 4+ years of hard work bettering and empowering themselves that it was based on a "diabolical lie." That their true calling was as homemakers.

You're lying about what he said. You're lying about what I said. You're just plain dishonest. 

3 hours ago, Hodad said:

Do you have a reading problem? Throughout this thread I have explicitly said multiple times that I was commenting on a behavior that applies to women and men. Explicitly.

How does this have anything to do with thinking I have a reading problem?

You were the one who tried to play some game as if you were not talking about women. Saying it applies to both women and men now doesn't change anything I said, it only contradicts your own stupid acting job before where you tried to pretend like you were not talking about women. 

So, it seems you are all upset because you want to make sure that I know and acknowledge you have also been demeaning men who are Homemakers too?

I'm not sure that is the big win you think it is. 

3 hours ago, Hodad said:

I have not anywhere in this thread--or others--been demeaning to women. 

I have repeatedly directly quoted precisely what you have said that is demeaning to women. 

This was only one of the last things you said that was demeaning:

""I think less of equally capable people who don't have careers because they are literally doing less."

You have made it quite clear that you think less of women who are Homemakers, just as you demeaned women repeatedly, characterizing their being Homemakers as sitting around at home not doing anything, thinking they are not even taking care of their children... 

3 hours ago, Hodad said:

You're lying about what he said. You're lying about what I said. You're just plain dishonest. 

Nope, unlike you, I have repeatedly quoted exactly what you said to show you how you are demeaning women. You can't do that with Butker... 

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

Sure they did. No one has said raising kids isn't a good thing.

They absolutely have said that, and look at the attacks on this guy for saying it is a good thing. 

That's the problem. If the left didn't think it was a bad thing they wouldn't have said anything.  If he'd got up and said  "My sister chose to be a doctor and it's very rewarding and some of you will chose to be home makers but you will find it very fulfilling to be a doctor",  then we'd have never heard his name. 

The moral outrage and hatred being directed at this guy is not because the left thinks staying home to raise kids is a GOOD thing. 

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

My wife was able to stay at home until our kids were out of elementary school,

Well she must be a terrible terrible person then according to the left :)

Would you agree with the leftist posters here who have said that she is worth less as a person because she stayed home? Would you tell other women that she seemed to enjoy that choice or would you tell them that she should have been out of the home working and you're disappointed in her?

You can't have it both ways.  either you have a problem with women staying home and being a home maker and mother, OR this guy said nothing wrong. 

Clearly you have an issue with it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebound said:

You didn’t answer my question. Why do you think it’s the women who should stay home and not men?

Men cannot have babies. Women tend to stay home because having a baby is tough work and takes months to recover. Women can breastfeed. Plus most women are naturally better caregivers

Edited by West
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, User said:

How does this have anything to do with thinking I have a reading problem?

You were the one who tried to play some game as if you were not talking about women. Saying it applies to both women and men now doesn't change anything I said, it only contradicts your own stupid acting job before where you tried to pretend like you were not talking about women. 

So, it seems you are all upset because you want to make sure that I know and acknowledge you have also been demeaning men who are Homemakers too?

I'm not sure that is the big win you think it is. 

I have repeatedly directly quoted precisely what you have said that is demeaning to women. 

This was only one of the last things you said that was demeaning:

""I think less of equally capable people who don't have careers because they are literally doing less."

You have made it quite clear that you think less of women who are Homemakers, just as you demeaned women repeatedly, characterizing their being Homemakers as sitting around at home not doing anything, thinking they are not even taking care of their children... 

Nope, unlike you, I have repeatedly quoted exactly what you said to show you how you are demeaning women. You can't do that with Butker... 

Lol. You've speciously deployed the dumbest line of argument I've seen in a long time. Per your "logic," if one criticizes a behavior, and it's possible for women to engage in said behavior, then one is "demeaning women." 

I don't think that even requires a rebuttal, does it? Take a look around. Get a feel for the place. You've hit the bottom of the barrel. 

🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Lol. You've speciously deployed the dumbest line of argument I've seen in a long time. Per your "logic," if one criticizes a behavior, and it's possible for women to engage in said behavior, then one is "demeaning women." 

ROFLMAO!!!!  So you had to do one better and immediately say something far dumber?  That was not his logic at all :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hodad said:

I don't think that even requires a rebuttal, does it? Take a look around. Get a feel for the place. You've hit the bottom of the barrel. 

No, this is a strawman on your part. When you say you think less of someone, I am criticizing your doing just that. Thinking less of them. This is demeaning. You think it makes women feel good as Homemakers when people like you think less of them for doing so? When people like you trivialize what they do and mischaracterize them as not doing anything like a full time job?

Those are all YOUR actions YOUR behaviors YOUR words that demean them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hodad said:

🤦‍♂️

It doesn't look like you're fairing so well here dude...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It doesn't look like you're fairing so well here dude...

Seriously this is one of the worst beatings i've seen him taken and there's been a few good ones :) 

This is a problem for the left, they very frequently find themselves desperately trying to argue something without looking like they're arguing something and it falls apart.  "Women should have choice - just not THAT choice - not that there's anything WRONG with that choice, it's just not a choice they should make!' 

Yeah - that's just not going to end well as an argument no matter how you try to work it ';)  

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Seriously this is one of the worst beatings i've seen him taken and there's been a few good ones :) 

This is a problem for the left, they very frequently find themselves desperately trying to argue something without looking like they're arguing something and it falls apart.  "Women should have choice - just not THAT choice - not that there's anything WRONG with that choice, it's just not a choice they should make!' 

Yeah - that's just not going to end well as an argument no matter how you try to work it ';)  

My wife is a very strong willed and determined person. She did the career thing in real-estate. Did well too. But when our first came, she quit till the girl was 5. Then she got preggo again with twin boys. And another 5 years...oops...

Today she's the bar manager at a popular tavern. But she insisted on being home to raise the kids and I'm glad she did.

Not that...anything I'd have said would have swayed her decision...at all... ;)

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, User said:

No, this is a strawman on your part. When you say you think less of someone, I am criticizing your doing just that. Thinking less of them. This is demeaning. You think it makes women feel good as Homemakers when people like you think less of them for doing so? When people like you trivialize what they do and mischaracterize them as not doing anything like a full time job?

Those are all YOUR actions YOUR behaviors YOUR words that demean them. 

You're just doubling down on the dumb? Okay. 

Again, criticizing a choice any gender can make is not demeaning any specific gender. It's "demeaning" the choice. This is true and obvious, and your lies won't change that.

I don't respect liars. Women are capable of lying. Oh no, in your specious argument I'm "demeaning" women again!🙄

Stop digging.

1 hour ago, Hodad said:

Get back to me after you learn the difference between "fairing" and "faring."

Oh dear.  Look who's rebuttals have been reduced to being a 'spelling nazi'.  :) 

Oh, and the period should have been outside the " marks there big guy ;)  Personally i don't care, its pretty stupid to worry about such things on the internet but maybe don't make spelling mistakes when you're busy correcting other people's spelling mistakes. Just sayin'.     (I mean 'saying'!!!  Don't taze me bro!) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...such a classic rebuttal.

What was there to rebut? As usual, you have nothing to add. You just hang around to wave your pom-poms for "the team."

I guess everyone needs a hobby. 

3 minutes ago, Hodad said:

What was there to rebut? As usual, you have nothing to add. You just hang around to wave your pom-poms for "the team."

I guess that's his way of saying he feels really stupid for his response now without saying it :) 

"THERE WAS NOTHING TO REBUTT!!  SO I REBUTTED IT!!!"   Odd defense but sure :) 

2 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Lol...you do have a long record of  pure silly...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hodad said:

You're just doubling down on the dumb? Okay. 

Again, criticizing a choice any gender can make is not demeaning any specific gender. It's "demeaning" the choice. This is true and obvious, and your lies won't change that.

I don't respect liars. Women are capable of lying. Oh no, in your specious argument I'm "demeaning" women again!🙄

Stop digging.

Again, saying you were also demeaning men too, is hardly the big argument you think it is. 

Even now, you prove it again with your example. You outright say that you do not respect women who are Homemakers. That is the very definition of demeaning. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, West said:

Men cannot have babies. Women tend to stay home because having a baby is tough work and takes months to recover. Women can breastfeed. Plus most women are naturally better caregivers

So? You don’t think it’s insulting to tell an audience of women who just got their degrees that they just wasted four years and all they’re good for is staying at home to make and raise babies? You’re a sexist. 

Men can raise children just as well as women. Many have done it.  Millions of women have raised successful families while holding down careers.  

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rebound said:

So? You don’t think it’s insulting to tell an audience of women who just got their degrees that they just wasted four years and all they’re good for is staying at home to make and raise babies? You’re a sexist. 

Where did Butker say anything about "wasted four years" or that "all they're good for" is staying home to make and raise babies?

The issue is that you are not being honest. Butker never said any of those things. 

18 minutes ago, User said:

Where did Butker say anything about "wasted four years" or that "all they're good for" is staying home to make and raise babies?

The issue is that you are not being honest. Butker never said any of those things. 

The issue is that you are not being honest by accepting only this man’s quoted words exactly, and ignoring their meaning.  

Sure, of course raising children is more satisfying than working.  We work so that we can raise children. It’s all great that NFL kickers make enough money to afford a full time at home mom, but not all families today can afford that, not by a long shot. And he clearly implied that it’s women who should stay at home to raise kids and not men, which is sexist. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The issue is that you are not being honest by accepting only this man’s quoted words exactly, and ignoring their meaning.  

Yeah, there you go. Thanks for proving my point. You are not actually using his words, you have to invent their meaning. 

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Sure, of course raising children is more satisfying than working.  We work so that we can raise children. It’s all great that NFL kickers make enough money to afford a full time at home mom, but not all families today can afford that, not by a long shot. And he clearly implied that it’s women who should stay at home to raise kids and not men, which is sexist. 

Many women are Homemakers without their husbands making millions. It doesn't take making millions to be able to afford to do so. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2024 at 12:08 PM, robosmith said:

You clearly do not understand that the primary location of "homemaker" is usually considered to be the kitchen.

Too young, too dumb, you are. Now you know, if you're able to learn. I have my doubts about that.

Typical bullshit from a house occupant.

You cultists really DO want everyone single and cubicled, don't you? lol