Daycare Cheques

betsy

I'm not sure if I heard it right on the radio just now. Harper will be sending out the daycare cheques in March.

So the other parties won't be able to block it? :D:D:D

Just make anything a confidence motion and the Liberals will vote for it or abstain until November. The Conservatives have a majority right now with the Liberals completely castrated.

NDP + Bloc isn't enough to block a bill.

Just in time for my new baby !! Yee hee !! After tax $66 per month !! Doesn't even pay for my nanny's bus pass !!!

Just in time for my new baby !! Yee hee !! After tax $66 per month !! Doesn't even pay for my nanny's bus pass !!!

Jeez, us folks without kids have to pay school taxes and now welfare for you people with kids?! I'm outraged! Outraged!

:P

I'm outraged... :o

I've also just lost any belief that someone will stand up and end the hand out society we've become.

Jeez, us folks without kids have to pay school taxes and now welfare for you people with kids?! I'm outraged! Outraged!

I'm outraged... :o

I've also just lost any belief that someone will stand up and end the hand out society we've become.

Relax Geoffrey,

At least we know that with the CPC in power the cheques won't be sent to trees and plants like those heating rebate cheques. :lol:

Relax Geoffrey,

At least we know that with the CPC in power the cheques won't be sent to trees and plants like those heating rebate cheques. :lol:

Hey now. If a tree can vote in the PQ leadership race, surely its entitled to a rebate cheque.

On that one I can't find flaw with you...

Why do trees vote for left-wing parties? Is it because they like sitting around idle doing nothing all day... :lol:;)

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he wants child care allowance cheques to be mailed out by July 1. This will more than likely will have to be passed, most probley in this spring's budget. With all three opposition opposing it should make for a interesting vote

No child care plan at all is better than what the Conservatives are proposing.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he wants child care allowance cheques to be mailed out by July 1. This will more than likely will have to be passed, most probley in this spring's budget. With all three opposition opposing it should make for a interesting vote

I would love for the opposition to vote down the budget. It would gaurntee a Conservative majority next election.

As per Globe and Mail article: The growing problem of shrinking population

By DOUG SAUNDERS, Saturday, October 8, 2005, Page A1

France pays its citizens $1400 per month if they are to have a 3rd child. Shrinking populations are a concern in all first world nations. It is estimated that without immigration and increased incentives for people to have bigger families, that our economies will not sustain themselves into the future. Our future elderly are at risk as there may not be enough population to cover the volume of baby-boomers entering the retirement phase, and who require increased health care. France is one of those countries that feel that "raising there own" is better than aggressive immigration policies.

So for all you CPC WASP's that are worried about 'minorities at polling stations' perhaps you should be lobbying for this kind of child support.

ha ha !!

France pays its citizens $1400 per month if they are to have a 3rd child. Shrinking populations are a concern in all first world nations. It is estimated that without immigration and increased incentives for people to have bigger families, that our economies will not sustain themselves into the future. Our future elderly are at risk as there may not be enough population to cover the volume of baby-boomers entering the retirement phase, and who require increased health care. France is one of those countries that feel that "raising there own" is better than aggressive immigration policies.

So for all you CPC WASP's that are worried about 'minorities at polling stations' perhaps you should be lobbying for this kind of child support.

ha ha !!

Sure, and France is a depressed economy, lets follow their example and we can all be poor.

I do like slowing immigration... maybe if we stopped killing our children with abortions we'd have an sustainable birth rate.

I have 2002 stats, there were 105,000 abortions, and 329,000 babies born. That means 25% of babies are aborted in Canada.

ha ha !!

Sure, and France is a depressed economy, lets follow their example and we can all be poor.

I do like slowing immigration... maybe if we stopped killing our children with abortions we'd have an sustainable birth rate.

I have 2002 stats, there were 105,000 abortions, and 329,000 babies born. That means 25% of babies are aborted in Canada.

51% of whom are women in their 20's, the lowest income group in the population.

From Status of women Canada, 2005:

Poverty is still very much a women's issue. While there have been improvements in the past decade or so, women are still more likely than men to be living in low income. But statistics on low income do not tell the full story of women's poverty. While governments and advocacy groups redouble their efforts to "make poverty history", the United Nations has suggested that poverty cannot be eradicated unless we adopt a more comprehensive view of poverty - one that recognizes poverty is more than a shortage of income. As the United Nations describes it, poverty is "the denial of opportunities and choices most basic to human development - to lead a long, healthy, creative life and to enjoy a decent standard of living, freedom, dignity, self-esteem, and the respect of others." 1

The social exclusion many women face as a result of gender inequalities is detrimental not only to women themselves, but to their families and their communities. Successful anti-poverty strategies must deal with issues related to women's low status and lack of empowerment.2 Lack of access to education or affordable housing, for example, may mean women cannot participate as full and equal members of society. Women's economic inequality and lack of income may restrict their ability to leave violent domestic situations and to protect themselves and their children from abuse and physical harm. Living in poverty may actually result in poor health and shortened life expectancy.

Poverty is still very much a women's issue. While there have been improvements in the past decade or so, women are still more likely than men to be living in low income.

Though men are more likely to be homeless, why the gender discrimination?

But statistics on low income do not tell the full story of women's poverty. While governments and advocacy groups redouble their efforts to "make poverty history", the United Nations has suggested that poverty cannot be eradicated unless we adopt a more comprehensive view of poverty - one that recognizes poverty is more than a shortage of income. As the United Nations describes it, poverty is "the denial of opportunities and choices most basic to human development - to lead a long, healthy, creative life and to enjoy a decent standard of living, freedom, dignity, self-esteem, and the respect of others."

I'll pass on paying for everyone's creative interests thanks. I'm ok with welfare dishing out the minimum to keep people in a house and alive, but thats it.

The social exclusion many women face as a result of gender inequalities is detrimental not only to women themselves, but to their families and their communities. Successful anti-poverty strategies must deal with issues related to women's low status and lack of empowerment.

And how do we deal with that? Appoint them to the board of directors?

Lack of access to education or affordable housing, for example, may mean women cannot participate as full and equal members of society.

Bullshit, more women then men attend university now. Lack of education my ass.

Women's economic inequality and lack of income may restrict their ability to leave violent domestic situations and to protect themselves and their children from abuse and physical harm. Living in poverty may actually result in poor health and shortened life expectancy.

This I agree with. In cases of domestic violence, the offender needs to support the victim as long as the victim requires it. This is also true of women that abuse their husbands, a crime that often goes unreported in Canada.

France is one of those countries that feel that "raising there own" is better than aggressive immigration policies.

We've just seen a graphic example of how well that policy works: France on fire.

They are struggling with the conflicting notions that they traditionally hate and fear all foreigners including immigrants, and knowing they need them to improve their economy.

I hope we can steal some of their markets while they try to figure it out.

I would love for the opposition to vote down the budget. It would gaurntee a Conservative majority next election.

Diane Ablonscy said on Mike Duffy that she'd like to see the opposition call for another election based on this one. That sounds like a blunt challenge on air. So sounds like Harper will act like a majority with this?