Michael Savage - A Savage Nation

Liam:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, Wonkette pulls out the ping pong ball joke on whoever is the object of their humor on a particular day. It is not only used on Asians or on women. I've seen it used on white men, white women, whomever. Harry Reid, Cynthia McKinney, Jerry Falwell and, yes, Michelle Malkin. It is so clearly a joke that it cannot be taken seriously. If she only used it to slam Asian women, or if someone used fried chicken jokes only about African heritage, or Nazi jokes about people of German heritage, I would agree that it was racist and over the line. That's not at all what is happening here.

Odd. A search of Wonkette's site shows only one reference to an individual doing ping pong ball tricks. Guess who that individual is? Hint: She is an Asian conservative. Really now. Harry Reid and Jerry Falwell doing ping pong ball tricks is just silly beyond pale.

About that "who just happen to make up the vast majority of the people who defend freedom and are willing to give their lives to do so". Your comment was apropos of nothing, but if you want to go there, fine: the vast majority of the returning Iraqi war veterans who are running for Congress are Democrats. I happen to have plenty of respect for the US military. My dad was a veteran and a big-time liberal, unionist, and Democrat. I don't really see many members of the GOP-elite signing up their kids for this war, yet they are the most vocal supporters of neo-con policy. I suppose some people get very brave when they're outside of rifle range. Rumsfeld, Bush and the rest of the GOP are playing politics with peoples' lives, especially those of our armed forces. If taking one's eye off Afghanistan, using torture in places like Abu Ghraib, running secret torture prisons overseas, Guantanamo Bay and Haditha are the ways Republicans run a war, I can only say that they have absolutely no respect for our military institutions.

I stand by claim that the vast majority of people who defend freedom and are willing to give their lives to do so are Republicans. Why do you think that about 75% of the military votes Republican? No, don't give me any of that tin-foil voter fraud that the Dems always whine about when they repeatedly lose. Why do you think Dems do everything they can to disqualify military votes? How many of the Dem-elites signed up their kids for this war? Why do you insist on calling them kids? Why do you insist that parents must sign up their children for military duty? Interesting that you mention Bush and Rumsfeld--two guys who did serve in the military. Cry me a river about "torture" at Abu-Ghraib. Do you have any credible proof about the GOP running secret torture prisons overseas? The people at Gitmo are treated far too well, even being served Duck a la Orange for meals. They are given 3 meals a day (sometimes served duck in orange sauce with rice pilaf and pita bread), they have clean cells, clean sheets, blankets for their beds, workout facilities, outdoor areas where they could get exercise, showers, medical care, skull caps and rugs so they can pray 5 times a day, they are given the Koran, and kept in open-air cells in a tropical climate.

As for Haditha, typical. Even though the investigation has not finished, you have tried and convicted them already. But you support the troops! It's not Republicans doing everything they can to undermine the WOT. Not conservative news sources reporting top-secret information to aid our enemies--like the NYT and WaPo did. It is not Republicans sending cards to injured Joshua Sparling at Walter Reed military hospital - saying they hope he dies.

Coulter: here are some quotes:

- "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

(Clearly, Coulter was implying that she wished the damage done to the Murrah Building, including the deaths of those inside, was directed at the NYT. If this is humor, I think Coulter needs a new ghost writer.)

- "My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."

(Another joke? Maybe, but even her own party's pull toward fascism is not lost on her.)

1) You are implying she wished death upon NYT staff. I do not see that in Coulter's quote.

2) To borrow a line from you: "It is so clearly a joke that it cannot be taken seriously."

Come on. Republicans, the party of liberation (Eastern Europe and Iraq and Afghanistan) are fascists? Clearly a joke.

The whipped cream pie in the face: I don't condone criminal behavior, but a pie in the face is perhaps the weakest form of assault possible. It's more Laurel and Hardy and meant to generate a laugh than anything. Still, I don't condone it.

Ahh. Two guys attempting to assault a woman is just a weak assault. It's meant to generate a laugh. Haha.

Civil liberties: where do you want to start? violating the sanctity of the family (Terri Schiavo)?;

Democrats who violated the sanctity of the Schiavo family. They wanted her to "die with dignity."

breaking FISA with the warrantless wiretapping?;

Nothing illegal about that, as I have proved numerous times on this forum.

denying using the Patriot Act to round up petty criminals when its focus was squarely aimed at stopping terror?;

Proof about the Bush administration using the Patriot Act to round up "petty criminals?"

labeling anyone who voiced dissent about Bush policy as "un-American" (seriously, it is neo-McCarthyism -- the Bush folks could not afford serious debate, so they needed to intimidate people into giving up their right to speak out)?;

That's a violation of civili liberties? FYI, Joe McCarthy was proven right about the Communists in the Democrat Party. The left had to smear him because they support communism. Look at how they fawn over Fidel Castro still to this very day.

collecting phone data on millions of innocent Americans?;

If you are not phoning terrorists, then you have nothing to worry about. They are not listening into calls, they are data-mining. Why would someone be worried about the govt data-ming phone calls during war...unless they have something to hide.

not affording apprehended individuals their civil rights (Jose Padilla, an American citizen apprehended on US soil and held in a prison in South Carolina for two years while denying him the right to see his court-appointed attorney)? More?

The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against Padilla. The Circuit Court judged that:

"We can discern no difference in principle" between a designated combatant captured abroad and inside the U.S.

"The locus of capture" is not decisive.

"Like [Yaser] Hamdi, Padilla associated with forces hostile to the United States in Afghanistan....And, like Hamdi, Padilla took up arms against United States forces in that country in the same way and to the same extent as did Hamdi....Because, like Hamdi, Padilla is an enemy combatant, and because his detention is no less necessary than was Hamdi's in order to prevent his return to the battlefield, the President is authorized by the AUMF [Authorization for Use of Military Force Joint Resolution--the resolution that no leftwinger on this forum appears to have heard of] to detain Padilla as a fundamental incident to the conduct of war."

They ruled that Padilla cannot be held indefinitely, only as long as hostilites continue with Al Qaeda. The decision was unanimous. Judge Luttig wrote the opinion and the 2 judges who joined in Luttig's opinion - Michael and Traxler - were both appointed by then President Clinton.

One thing many people seem to forget, or deny (there is no war on terror--Bush is playing games to make the public fearful), the US is at war. FDR interned a bunch of Japanese-Americans during WWII.

The ruling/opinion is here.

If weak attempts like this is a harbor of things to come, then yes--more.

As for the Dems: Percentage-wise, who supported the two most important civil rights bills, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965--Democrats or Republicans? Waco attack, Elian Gonzales kidnapped at gunpoint, Al Gore Sr and Robert Byrd (D-KKK) filibustering the Civil Rights Act, Clinton's "roving wiretaps" allowing the FBI to tap all phones a suspect used rather than just one specific number, attempts at gun control, throwing military recruiters off campuses that are federally funded, smoking bans, pushing Congress to restore the Fairness Doctrine, Clinton collecting data on private citizens, his maintenance of secret dossiers and using them for overtly political purposes, eminent domain, attempting to censor the rights of peaceful protesters; censor the views of priests and doctors and censor radio, TV, and the internet, warrantless searches and seizures, constantly pushing for judicial rulings that will sanction expansions of federal power, constituting double jeopardy, shifting power from juries to judges, no jury trials for "minor" offenses, overturning jury acquittals at sentencing, Clinton being the 1st president in American history to deny that the Constitution limits the powers of the federal govt and seeking to federalize health care, crime fighting, environmental protection, and education.

More?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet: an ad hominem. Which I'll take as a concession that you're a hypocritical, partisan twit.

Twit. Another insult from BD. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

But the guy has gall. Imagine a hypocritical rank partisan accusing someone else of being a hypocritical partisan *twit*

Of course it's semantics (you obviously don't know what that word means either). Also note that all your links refer to criminal cases not civil ones.

Please look up the word semantics before you continue to embarrass yourself. No such thing as a conviction in a civil trial, huh? Convictions are only in criminal cases? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I don't know why you have such difficulty with this. She filed a civil suit in a civil court, a suit which was subsequenetly settled out of court. There were no charges pressed.

I don't know why you refused to admit that O'Reilly did not sue Mackris. Why wouldn't you admit this? Well, actually I do know why. Because you are a dishonest partisan.

A columnist from the Page Six, the gossip page of the NY Post is BD's "proof." What, no link to a story to the National Enquirer? :lol:

Even though both parties agreed to keep the details confidential, BD seems to have the inside scoop. Perhaps some "sources" told him the details.

The fact is that the settlement did not call for O'Reilly to issue an expression of regret, which is often demanded in litigation against high-profile figures.

But he never linked to MM on the sex harrassment story. Which I see you didn't say he did, but your mangled syntax gave that impression. (And I'm still not sure of the relevance of Soros' conviction to the information on Media Matters.)

Yes he did! What the hell is the matter with you? As for mangled syntax, you're one to talk. Your spelling needs work too, if you want to go there. Machination's linked to smokinggun.com to show that O'Reilly was being sued for sexual harassment, then he linked to Media Matters to prove that O'Reilly was biased--all in the same post. If you can't connect the dots between someone smearing O'Reilly and then linking to a site funded by a convicted criminal, then I have no hope for you.

So: where's the evidence that this is an Asian thing? Actually you know what? Don't bother: I'm not interested in the contents of your "Favorites" folder.

Cripes. It took about 2 seconds to find this: "Doctors confirm that it is possible for an exercised vagina to shoot ping pong balls and pick up coins(like some of the Bangkok bar girls do)."

And I can assure you that iamaprogressiveliberalwhoresidesintherealitybasedcommunity.com is not in my Favorites Folder.

And yet, with the exception of Wonkette, all of the examples of Malkin+ping pong you've cited were anonymous commentors. Presumably, the same standard of responisibility you allow Charles Johnson applies to the proprietors of those sites as well. And clearly the proprietors have deleted the offensive comments made by anonymous posters. So it's pretty obvious your harbouring a double standard here. Again, I'm shocked, just shocked!

All anonymous commentors, huh? And I just looked at the first 2 hits.

BD caught lying again. I'm shocked, I tell ya. Shocked! :o

Here's the trick: I don't consider the Wonkette joke to be good (I don't consider it a racial slur either). I was using the Ann Coulter defense. The fact you're pissing yourself with outrage now, despite using the "it's just a joke" defense yourself shows what a hypocrite you are. Oh and if betsy's offended, I trust she's quite capable of vocing her displeasure herself without you using her as a token.

The fact that you are so offended by what Coulter said, but find nothing wrong with the Asian whore slurs against Malkin jsut shows how your moral relativism. As for Betsy, BD shows once again what a gentleman he is.

A pic just for you. Scroll down a bit and try not to seethe too much.

... If you read Wonkette with any regularity, and not just when wing-nuts send out a mass email to their disciples to tune in to b*tch about their sense of humor, you would know that Wonkette occasionally does the ping pong ball joke. There's nothing on there right now and the "examples" I gave were just conjured up in my head, but they are fairly representative of things I have seen on Wonkette. I thought they were so obviously made up by me that such an explanation was not necessary. (Here is a real on, though, if you're interested: http://www.wonkette.com/politics/pat-rober...alls-175544.php )...

Monty -- clearly you didn't check the link I included in my message. Wonkette has not only used the ping pong ball trick against poor li'l Michelle Malkin. Click on the link if you want to be proven wrong. :P

1) Ahh yes. Saying Malkin is scarier than a terrorist who killed and maimed people is just a joke! Lighten up! At least we didn't pie her in the face!

And you got nerve claiming that rightwingers use racial slurs (which they sometimes do), when it is a far more common leftwing tactic (Aunt Jemima, Uncle Tom, Sambo, etc).

Well, given that you find the excerable Ann Coulter humourous, I'm surprised you don't see the hilarity in comparing Malkin to a terrorist. The fact that you whinge about the latter and apologize for the former shows your total lack of credibility on this subject. Colour me surprised. (Oh and as for "racial slurs...a far more common leftwing tactic" I'd be interested to see how you'd quantify that. But I know you can't.)

2) You can't be convicted in a civil lawsuit, huh? Fred Goldman vs OJ Simpson civil suit. Nuff said!

Too bad OJ wasn't convicted. He was found liable, which is the term in civil law. The term convictions refers to criminal law.

I note that you "forgot" to mention that Andrea Mackris dropped her charge against O'Reilly after he sued her for $60 million for extortion.

First: she never charged him: she sued him. If you're going to talk law, get the terminology right; otherwise you look like an idiot. Second, she dropped her suit, O'Reilly dropped his ridiculous countersuit and they agreed to an out-of-court settlement involving payment of millions of dollars to Mackris.

George Soros was relevant because Machinations insinuated that O'Reilly sexually harassed Andrea Mackris, then dropped a link from Media Matters, a site funded by convicted criminal George Soros. O'Reilly was never convicted of sexually harassing Mackris.

I'll put it simply so you can understand: what does Soros' conviction have to do with the information presented on Media Matters? (Incidentally, you didn't even get that much right: Machinations did not link to Media Matters, but to the same Smoking Gun article I linked to above. Cue the tuba! *Wah WAH.*)

3) Cheap shot, but something I have come to expect from you.

Well, really: I've heard of the ping pong ball trick, but never have I heard it specifically connected to Asian hookers. In fact, the most high profile reference I can think of was in the South Park Movie, the target being caucasian actress Wynona Ryder. But since you seem to speak with such authority on the subject, I can only conclude you know something I don't.

4) Hissy fit! The nerve of Malkin getting upset with numerous references to her doing the ping-pong trick (I see that after Malkin shone a light on these cockroaches, they quickly deleted these offensive slurs, or as you call them, jokes).

I've already talked about the anonimity confered by the internet and how it brings out the worst in people. Frankly, I don't see how it's any worse on left blogs than it is on, say, Little Green Footballs (where racial slurs are commonplace). Idiots will be idiots, and you'll have to do a helluva lot better than pointing to anonymous commentors on lefty blogs and fabricated Oreo incidents to prove that the left has a monoply on bad behaviour.

Black Dog: Ever the gentleman. What's wrong with referring to Malkin as an Asian whore who does ping-pong tricks with her vagina (although vagina is NOT the word they use--it rhymes with hunt). So what if it is an ongoing trend? It's just a joke. Lighten up!

Look, some on the right hate Hillary Clinton with a purple passion, but I have never come across anyone making "jokes" about her shooting ping-pong balls out of her wazoo.

Well, shit: racial slurs are clearly over the line. But considering Malkin's own checkered record on race, it's hard to take her sudden righteous indignation too seriously. (Thing is, crass it may be, the ping pong joke works on any female regardless of race.)

As for Hillary, no they don't make the ping pong joke about her: they just call her "Hitlary" and indulge in endless speculation about her sexuality. When they are not accusing her of committing murder, of course. All class, you righties.

Heh. Im late getting back to the party, but Black Dog is holding it down.

With pinache.

/approve

In all honesty, most conservatives I know would find it hard to stomach the sort of bile these demagogues shovel out. If a so-called liberal commentator were to make some of these charges, they would be pilloried faster than you could say Bill Maher.

(And yes, his show was brilliant - and the question was valid, 'is it more cowardly to fire a cruise missile from kilometers away or fly to your death in a suicide attack'. Unsettling to some, perhaps, but valid.)

Please look up the word semantics before you continue to embarrass yourself. No such thing as a conviction in a civil trial, huh? Convictions are only in criminal cases? Yeah right

You should really read your own links, pal. From link "Sex, Violence and Rock'n'Roll"

Any first year law student knows that civil trials do not lead to convictions, they lead to judgments of liability. Only criminal trials lead to convictions.

:lol:

I don't know why you refused to admit that O'Reilly did not sue Mackris. Why wouldn't you admit this? Well, actually I do know why. Because you are a dishonest partisan.

Uh...what? So now you're saying O'Reilly did not sue Mackris, despite claiming earlier that (and I quote) "Andrea Mackris dropped her charge against O'Reilly after he sued her for $60 million for extortion."

(Post #68). Oooooookay...

Yes he did! What the hell is the matter with you? As for mangled syntax, you're one to talk. Your spelling needs work too, if you want to go there. Machination's linked to smokinggun.com to show that O'Reilly was being sued for sexual harassment, then he linked to Media Matters to prove that O'Reilly was biased--all in the same post. If you can't connect the dots between someone smearing O'Reilly and then linking to a site funded by a convicted criminal, then I have no hope for you.

So you concede that Machinations did not link to Media Matters on the sex harrassment story.

All anonymous commentors, huh? And I just looked at the first 2 hits.

I shouldn't have to explain the difference between someone calling Malkin a "ping pong ball queefing bitch" and someone talking about the furor over Malkin being called a "ping pong ball queefing bitch."

The fact that you are so offended by what Coulter said, but find nothing wrong with the Asian whore slurs against Malkin jsut shows how your moral relativism. As for Betsy, BD shows once again what a gentleman he is.

Ah, back to the usual stunt you pull when you're in over your head, the old "I know you are but what am I" routine. You must just slay them on the playground, Monty.

Also, I can't help noticing that betsy hasn't commented on this thread. I'm pretty sure she's capable of voicing her own displeasure (if she's offended) without you presuming to do it for her.

But then you're seriously arguing above that Coulter wanted McVeigh to blow up the New York Time building without hurting anyone, so I guess it's safe to say you've hit bottom.

*wah WAH*

On the other hand, Google did do the right thing in telling the Bush administration to **** themselves when they demanded Google hand over its records of individual's IP addresses and the search terms they used -- in order to "make sure people weren't downloading porn."

In order to crack down on CHILD PORN...

Get your facts straight.

Than you. Mo-Burns. A huge difference!

I respectfully disagree with those trying to intellectualize and defend what Google did in China. It has to be one of the worst examples of corporate greed I have ever seen. Unfortunately the entire Western World has been only to eager to trade with China not withstanding its human rights abuses and restraint of freedom of speech.

Google did not do this to reserve the right to argue it later on. Google did this for purely monetary reasons. In that respect Google is no different then when Jean Chretien took his road show to China and got down on his hands and knees and

started blowing Chinese leaders for potential business.

Its no different then the parade of multi-nationals visiting China everyday. Its no different then the Olympic Association looking the other way when awarding the olympics or the double standard the world has with certain nations. Israel is an evil state for what it does with Palestinians but when the Chinese invade and occupy Tibet-no problem. That's different. Israel has a nuclear bomb-ooh take it away-China, no problem. Anglo-saxons have slave labour as one poster tells us-China no problem.

The US is a facist state for arresting and housing prisoners in Cuba-China which keeps millions in jail and sentences them to hard labour for political crimes-no problem.

Google sold out like thousands of others for the almighty dollar. However I think it is stretching it a bit thinking boycotting Google will change anything. I also think as another poster said, that people in China and elsewhere will figure ways out to communicate not withstanding the censorship going on. Never understimate the ingenuity of humans to express freedom when they are being oppressed. As the Taoists say, freedom is like water and it always returns from where it has been dredged.

That's a violation of civili liberties? FYI, Joe McCarthy was proven right about the Communists in the Democrat Party.

Hey MONTY: It's been a while.

While I am not going to address the rest of the post I snipped this from, I have to say this about McCarthy.

Of COURSE the man found some communists.

If you accuse EVERYONE of being a communist, then of course you will be right about SOME of them.

But have a closer look at McCarthy.

He was seeing communism EVERYWHERE.

I mean let's face it, the guy almost single-handedly destroyed the comic-book industry. Why???

Because comic books were a "communist plot" to undermine the youth of America!!!!!

He actively campaigned against comic books, going so far as to engage the services of psychologists (at least one) to testify that the violence in comics led to not only communism, but also to murderous derangement.

This tripe was actually taken seriously, to the point where a few guys escaped death row because they testified that "comic books made me kill him/her".

While the rest of your post was credibly written, I'm sorry, but I cannot take any reference to McCarthy seriously.