Michael Savage - A Savage Nation

BD:

Okay: who? A contributor? A commentor?

A regular contributor. You can click his name and read his past articles--if you have a strong stomach.

...Second: the fact that you find the notion of patriotic dissent to be a "leftwing meme" (which, I suppose, make the likes of Teddy Rosevelt and Thomas Jefferson raging pinkos)

I don't recall those two doing everything they could to undermine support and morale for the troops.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

throwing oreo cookies at black Republicans;

Didn't happen, liar.

1) The man himself - Lt. Governor Michael Steele - was on Hannity & Colmes last night (Tuesday) and confirmed the Oreo cookies incident.

You calling him a liar?

He also talked about NY Democrat Senator Charles Schumer's two aides who fraudulently gained access to Steele's confidential credit report, a crime with a maximum 2 year jail sentence under federal law.

Steele was a guest on H&C when the topic turned to the crap, often racial, that minority conservatives have to put up with from Democrats. Which leads me to....

2) Michelle Malkin had to pull her kid out of school because the "progressives" from Students Against War posted Michelle's address, phone number, and even the name of the school her child, all over the internet.

Just when you think the "reality-based community" can't sink any lower... :angry:

A regular contributor. You can click his name and read his past articles--if you have a strong stomach.

Ah yes: the wel known and oft-cited leftist icon "Hogeye Bill". Uh...okay.

Anyway, I don't see how his failed atttempt at humour is any different than knee-slappers right-wing leading lights like Ann ("I wish Tim McVeigh had blown up the New York Times") Coulter and Bill ("I]f Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we're not going to do anything about it. ... You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead") O'Reilly. But then those cats are only best-selling authours and leading pundits of the right, not some anyonymous poster to an IndyMedia site (you are aware hat IndyMedia, like Wikipedia, allows anyone to contribute, right?). he latter of course has far more reach in MB's bizzaro world.

I don't recall those two doing everything they could to undermine support and morale for the troops.

Given that in your crazy world, anyone who professes anything but unquestioningy loyalty to the G.O.P cause is underming support and morale for the troops, your opinion on the matter means little.

1) The man himself - Lt. Governor Michael Steele - was on Hannity & Colmes last night (Tuesday) and confirmed the Oreo cookies incident.

You calling him a liar?

Yes.

2) Michelle Malkin had to pull her kid out of school because the "progressives" from Students Against War posted Michelle's address, phone number, and even the name of the school her child, all over the internet.

Yeah except that didn't happen either. Malkin started complaining about such activities before her address actually started popping up in the comments of numerous left wing blogs, where it was usually quickly deleted. If it did happen, I'm sure you could tell us where it was posted, right? Of course, all this comes after Malkin's publication (twice!) of the personal contact information of the SAW membership, who have also received numerous threats, such as:

Fucking pansy douchebag, you're lucky one of those recruiters didn't put his foot up your silly little ass. Get cancer, you traitorous shit breath cocksucker.

Charming. Of course if Malkin did actually recieve death threats or have her address published, by her logic, she had it coming for posting the personal information of the students to begin with. Turnabout is fair play. (Also: this being the internet, we have no way of knowing who actually posted the address. It could have been anyone, left or right, heck even Malkin herself.)

Regarding The Oreo Incident; I have seen the veracity of the story debated fiecely for quite some time now, and have thus far chosen to not get involved for a simple reason; I was not there, and only know of the incident through heresay.

At this point, however, after seeing it consume nearly two full pages of yet another thread, I am forced to ask a simple question....

Why are there no photos???

You would think that at a major campaign debate of this type there would be at least one person with a camera.

You can also bet that anyone having pictures of the "incident" would have tried to make some extra $$$ by selling the pics to a newspaper or some other sort of publication.

The simple fact that there seem to be no photos or film footage whatsoever of the event casts a shadow of doubt on the entire story.

That being said, IF the story is falsified, then who is worse; the person who makes racist comments, or the person fabricates stories of such comments for political gain???

• 4 weeks later...
Regarding The Oreo Incident; I have seen the veracity of the story debated fiecely for quite some time now, and have thus far chosen to not get involved for a simple reason; I was not there, and only know of the incident through heresay.

At this point, however, after seeing it consume nearly two full pages of yet another thread, I am forced to ask a simple question....

You would think that at a major campaign debate of this type there would be at least one person with a camera.

You can also bet that anyone having pictures of the "incident" would have tried to make some extra $$$ by selling the pics to a newspaper or some other sort of publication.

The simple fact that there seem to be no photos or film footage whatsoever of the event casts a shadow of doubt on the entire story.

That being said, IF the story is falsified, then who is worse; the person who makes racist comments, or the person fabricates stories of such comments for political gain???

Malkin, Coulter and Savage are cut from the same cloth. Vicious, petty and attention-seeking, they pander to the most extreme elements of their political base. Their arguments are spacious and easily refuted, so they are distingushed not by their elegance of discourse or for their sagacity - but rather the VOLUME they use, as they shout themselves hoarse, spewing their factually-challenged ideology.

That's the word I was looking for. They're not thinkers - they're ideologues.

Malkin, Coulter and Savage are cut from the same cloth. Vicious, petty and attention-seeking, they pander to the most extreme elements of their political base. Their arguments are spacious and easily refuted, so they are distingushed not by their elegance of discourse or for their sagacity - but rather the VOLUME they use, as they shout themselves hoarse, spewing their factually-challenged ideology.

That's the word I was looking for. They're not thinkers - they're ideologues.

Speaking of vicious, petty, attention-seeking ideologues who pander to the most extreme elements of their political base....why did you - the other day - attempt to claim that Bill O'Reilly had sexually harrassed a lady he used to work with? The bizarre thing is that you used a link from a site (Media Matters) funded by a convicted criminal (George Soros) to bash O'Reilly.

And quit knocking on the invaluable Michelle Malkin. I don't know much about Savage and I know the left detests Coulter because she has the unique ability to emasculate liberals, but I'm tired of leftist bigots constantly attacking minority conservatives like Malkin. Just a few days ago, Wonkette made a post about Michelle asking if she did "the ping-pong ball trick."

Oreo cookies, Uncle Toms, Aunt Jemimas, queefing ping-pong balls, etc...why are "tolerant and compassionate" leftists so racist when it comes to minority conservatives?! :angry:

Speaking of vicious, petty, attention-seeking ideologues who pander to the most extreme elements of their political base....why did you - the other day - attempt to claim that Bill O'Reilly had sexually harrassed a lady he used to work with? The bizarre thing is that you used a link from a site (Media Matters) funded by a convicted criminal (George Soros) to bash O'Reilly.

Falafel Bill's sex harrassment suit is pretty common knowledge.

link.

And quit knocking on the invaluable Michelle Malkin. I don't know much about Savage and I know the left detests Coulter because she has the unique ability to emasculate liberals, but I'm tired of leftist bigots constantly attacking minority conservatives like Malkin. Just a few days ago, Wonkette made a post about Michelle asking if she did "the ping-pong ball trick."

What does shooting ping pong balls out of her cooter have to do with her race?

FWIW, Wonkette asks the Ping Pong ball question across the board... "Yeah, but Hillary do the ping pong ball trick?" "One question remains: can Dennis Hastert do the ping pong ball trick?"

Please get your facts before you wallow in conservative-as-victim self pity.

FWIW, Wonkette asks the Ping Pong ball question across the board... "Yeah, but Hillary do the ping pong ball trick?" "One question remains: can Dennis Hastert do the ping pong ball trick?"

There is nothing about Hillary and Dennis Hastert:

wonkette: OMG I AM WATCHING MICHELLE MALKIN’S INTERNET VIDEOS FOR THE FIRST TIME

operative: she has internet videos?

operative: does she do the thing with the ping-pong balls?

Only after criticism from the right side of the blogosphere, did Wonkette (who is a female), put this at the bottom of her post...Update: This is not funny. We apologize.

I suppose you will accuse Malkin of wallowing in "conservative-as-victim self pity." Oh, and this is how the post ends:

wonkette: i think i envy the unabomber for probably not knowing who michelle malkin is.

operative: plus, he’s got a great haircut

wonkette: also: less scary

Nice. A convicted terrorist is less scary than Michelle Malkin.

Falafel Bill's sex harrassment suit is pretty common knowledge.

link.

1) O'Reilly was not convicted of sexual harrassment. However George Soros is a convicted criminal.

2) Shooting ping-pong balls out of your wazoo is a stereotype of Asian sex workers.

How the hell knows really, it's a common tactic of his to ignore questions and points he was called on and keep on throwing s&*t on the wall.

Can you give me examples of my "common tactic" of ignoring questions and points I am called on? I don't have time to sit on this forum all day - every day. But if I miss a reasonable question you ask (this does not include the lie that Saddam had no ties to Al Qaeda, which I have proven numerous times on this forum) or point you are making, send me an email with a link to your post and I will reply.

And don't play dumb about the stereotype of Asian sex workers and the ping-pong ball trick. There are numerous examples of Malkin being called that by the "tolerant and compassionate" left. That's why I do my part to keep you people out of power. And that's why I made a donation (no, I didn't say "it's YOUR job to look after me; gimmie gimmie") when contacted by the CPC this morning.

Geez, take a joke. (isn't that the standard response when someone from the left side of the spectrum criticizes Ann Coulter? Oh wait, I forgot: in right wing bizzaro land, racial slurs and threats of violence are real knee-slappers, whereas jokes about Michelle Malkin's vagina are deeply offensive :rolleyes: )

1) O'Reilly was not convicted of sexual harrassment. However George Soros is a convicted criminal.

Hmm, that could be because you can't be convicted in a civil suit (not to mention the out of court settlement thing).

And Soros's conviction is relevant how?

2) Shooting ping-pong balls out of your wazoo is a stereotype of Asian sex workers.

I'll defer to your expertise on the subject of Asian sex workers.

There are numerous examples of Malkin being called that by the "tolerant and compassionate" left.

Curiously, most follow Malkin's hissy fit over Wonkette's comment and thus are a response to that matter and not part of an ongoing trend.

wonkette: OMG I AM WATCHING MICHELLE MALKIN’S INTERNET VIDEOS FOR THE FIRST TIME

Only after criticism from the right side of the blogosphere, did Wonkette (who is a female), put this at the bottom of her post...Update: This is not funny. We apologize.

I suppose you will accuse Malkin of wallowing in "conservative-as-victim self pity." Oh, and this is how the post ends:

wonkette: i think i envy the unabomber for probably not knowing who michelle malkin is.

If you read Wonkette with any regularity, and not just when wing-nuts send out a mass email to their disciples to tune in to b*tch about their sense of humor, you would know that Wonkette occasionally does the ping pong ball joke. There's nothing on there right now and the "examples" I gave were just conjured up in my head, but they are fairly representative of things I have seen on Wonkette. I thought they were so obviously made up by me that such an explanation was not necessary. (Here is a real on, though, if you're interested: http://www.wonkette.com/politics/pat-rober...alls-175544.php ). And if you know their humor, you'd also recognize that "apology" as anything but. They're totally laughing their *sses off over the complaints, believe me.

I didn't accuse Malkin of wallowing in conservative-as-victim self pity. I accused you of that. As the ideology of manly-men and pull-yourself-up-by-your-own-bootstrap types, you conservatives sure have paper thin skin.

Re the terrorist/haircut thing. Uhh, again, don't you get humor? Are conservatives allowed to laugh, or are you so busy stomping out civil liberties and monitoring the goings on of private bedrooms that you've forgotten how to smile? I suppose you were equally outraged when Coulter voiced a wish that Timothy McVeigh had blown up the NY Times building instead? (The difference being that Coulter's audience might actually resort to violence, whereas Wonkette's is much more interested in satire and wit, which Coulter sadly lacks.)

Geez, take a joke. (isn't that the standard response when someone from the left side of the spectrum criticizes Ann Coulter? Oh wait, I forgot: in right wing bizzaro land, racial slurs and threats of violence are real knee-slappers, whereas jokes about Michelle Malkin's vagina are deeply offensive :rolleyes: )

Hmm, that could be because you can't be convicted in a civil suit (not to mention the out of court settlement thing).

And Soros's conviction is relevant how?

I'll defer to your expertise on the subject of Asian sex workers.

There are numerous examples of Malkin being called that by the "tolerant and compassionate" left.

Curiously, most follow Malkin's hissy fit over Wonkette's comment and thus are a response to that matter and not part of an ongoing trend.

1) Ahh yes. Saying Malkin is scarier than a terrorist who killed and maimed people is just a joke! Lighten up! At least we didn't pie her in the face!

And you got nerve claiming that rightwingers use racial slurs (which they sometimes do), when it is a far more common leftwing tactic (Aunt Jemima, Uncle Tom, Sambo, etc).

2) You can't be convicted in a civil lawsuit, huh? Fred Goldman vs OJ Simpson civil suit. Nuff said! I note that you "forgot" to mention that Andrea Mackris dropped her charge against O'Reilly after he sued her for $60 million for extortion. You should get a job with the MSM. You would fit in well: We Report Half, You Decide. George Soros was relevant because Machinations insinuated that O'Reilly sexually harassed Andrea Mackris, then dropped a link from Media Matters, a site funded by convicted criminal George Soros. O'Reilly was never convicted of sexually harassing Mackris.

3) Cheap shot, but something I have come to expect from you.

4) Hissy fit! The nerve of Malkin getting upset with numerous references to her doing the ping-pong trick (I see that after Malkin shone a light on these cockroaches, they quickly deleted these offensive slurs, or as you call them, jokes).

Black Dog: Ever the gentleman. What's wrong with referring to Malkin as an Asian whore who does ping-pong tricks with her vagina (although vagina is NOT the word they use--it rhymes with hunt). So what if it is an ongoing trend? It's just a joke. Lighten up!

Look, some on the right hate Hillary Clinton with a purple passion, but I have never come across anyone making "jokes" about her shooting ping-pong balls out of her wazoo.

And guess who I just saw on The O'Reilly Factor? Michelle Malkin! And she made a helluva lot more sense than O'Reilly's previous guest, Wesley Clark, who nearly started WWIII while in the Balkans during Clinton's illegal war.

If you read Wonkette with any regularity, and not just when wing-nuts send out a mass email to their disciples to tune in to b*tch about their sense of humor, you would know that Wonkette occasionally does the ping pong ball joke. There's nothing on there right now and the "examples" I gave were just conjured up in my head, but they are fairly representative of things I have seen on Wonkette. I thought they were so obviously made up by me that such an explanation was not necessary. And if you know their humor, you'd also recognize that "apology" as anything but. They're totally laughing their *sses off over the complaints, believe me.

I didn't accuse Malkin of wallowing in conservative-as-victim self pity. I accused you of that. As the ideology of manly-men and pull-yourself-up-by-your-own-bootstrap types, you conservatives sure have paper thin skin.

Re the terrorist/haircut thing. Uhh, again, don't you get humor? Are conservatives allowed to laugh, or are you so busy stomping out civil liberties and monitoring the goings on of private bedrooms that you've forgotten how to smile? I suppose you were equally outraged when Coulter voiced a wish that Timothy McVeigh had blown up the NY Times building instead? (The difference being that Coulter's audience might actually resort to violence, whereas Wonkette's is much more interested in satire and wit, which Coulter sadly lacks.)

I don't read Wonkette regularly. I find it revealing that she, a female, finds nothing wrong with making cracks about another woman doing ping-pong tricks with her wazoo. But it's just a joke! Comparing Bush to Hitler is also just a joke! Lighten up, you thin-skinned manly-men types, who just happen to make up the vast majority of the people who defend freedom and are willing to give their lives to do so. Wonkette is laughing at you fools who think it is inappropriate to discuss ping-pong ball tricks with your c*nt when discussing a rightwing columnist!

Ann Coulter wished that McVeigh had blown up the NYT building, not NYT employees. Nonetheless, I thought Coulter's comment was out of line, and you will find few on the right who supported her for saying that. As for your claim that Coulter's audience would resort to violence, I do recall Coulter being subjected to violence by 2 so-called men who attempted to assault her when she was giving a speech in Arizona.

And you don't want to go there regarding stomping out civil liberties. I'll stomp a mudhole in you. You can't smoke cigarettes anywhere, gun control, eminent domain, language police measuring signs to make sure that English is not the same size as French, etc.

If you want to go there: Bring.it.on.

1) Ahh yes. Saying Malkin is scarier than a terrorist who killed and maimed people is just a joke! Lighten up! At least we didn't pie her in the face!

And you got nerve claiming that rightwingers use racial slurs (which they sometimes do), when it is a far more common leftwing tactic (Aunt Jemima, Uncle Tom, Sambo, etc).

Well, given that you find the excerable Ann Coulter humourous, I'm surprised you don't see the hilarity in comparing Malkin to a terrorist. The fact that you whinge about the latter and apologize for the former shows your total lack of credibility on this subject. Colour me surprised. (Oh and as for "racial slurs...a far more common leftwing tactic" I'd be interested to see how you'd quantify that. But I know you can't.)

2) You can't be convicted in a civil lawsuit, huh? Fred Goldman vs OJ Simpson civil suit. Nuff said!

Too bad OJ wasn't convicted. He was found liable, which is the term in civil law. The term convictions refers to criminal law.

I note that you "forgot" to mention that Andrea Mackris dropped her charge against O'Reilly after he sued her for $60 million for extortion.

First: she never charged him: she sued him. If you're going to talk law, get the terminology right; otherwise you look like an idiot. Second, she dropped her suit, O'Reilly dropped his ridiculous countersuit and they agreed to an out-of-court settlement involving payment of millions of dollars to Mackris.

George Soros was relevant because Machinations insinuated that O'Reilly sexually harassed Andrea Mackris, then dropped a link from Media Matters, a site funded by convicted criminal George Soros. O'Reilly was never convicted of sexually harassing Mackris.

I'll put it simply so you can understand: what does Soros' conviction have to do with the information presented on Media Matters? (Incidentally, you didn't even get that much right: Machinations did not link to Media Matters, but to the same Smoking Gun article I linked to above. Cue the tuba! *Wah WAH.*)

3) Cheap shot, but something I have come to expect from you.

Well, really: I've heard of the ping pong ball trick, but never have I heard it specifically connected to Asian hookers. In fact, the most high profile reference I can think of was in the South Park Movie, the target being caucasian actress Wynona Ryder. But since you seem to speak with such authority on the subject, I can only conclude you know something I don't.

4) Hissy fit! The nerve of Malkin getting upset with numerous references to her doing the ping-pong trick (I see that after Malkin shone a light on these cockroaches, they quickly deleted these offensive slurs, or as you call them, jokes).

I've already talked about the anonimity confered by the internet and how it brings out the worst in people. Frankly, I don't see how it's any worse on left blogs than it is on, say, Little Green Footballs (where racial slurs are commonplace). Idiots will be idiots, and you'll have to do a helluva lot better than pointing to anonymous commentors on lefty blogs and fabricated Oreo incidents to prove that the left has a monoply on bad behaviour.

Black Dog: Ever the gentleman. What's wrong with referring to Malkin as an Asian whore who does ping-pong tricks with her vagina (although vagina is NOT the word they use--it rhymes with hunt). So what if it is an ongoing trend? It's just a joke. Lighten up!

Look, some on the right hate Hillary Clinton with a purple passion, but I have never come across anyone making "jokes" about her shooting ping-pong balls out of her wazoo.

Well, shit: racial slurs are clearly over the line. But considering Malkin's own checkered record on race, it's hard to take her sudden righteous indignation too seriously. (Thing is, crass it may be, the ping pong joke works on any female regardless of race.)

As for Hillary, no they don't make the ping pong joke about her: they just call her "Hitlary" and indulge in endless speculation about her sexuality. When they are not accusing her of committing murder, of course. All class, you righties.

Well, given that you find the excerable Ann Coulter humourous, I'm surprised you don't see the hilarity in comparing Malkin to a terrorist. The fact that you whinge about the latter and apologize for the former shows your total lack of credibility on this subject. Colour me surprised. (Oh and as for "racial slurs...a far more common leftwing tactic" I'd be interested to see how you'd quantify that. But I know you can't.)

"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now." -- Ann Coulter

Now if that doesn't describe Black Dog, as we have seen on his posts on this forum, I don't know what does. Once again, Ann Coulter emasculates another liberal. :D And not one slur about leftist needle-dicks, as opposed to those who love to talk about Malkin's tw*t.

Too bad OJ wasn't convicted. He was found liable, which is the term in civil law. The term convictions refers to criminal law.

Semantics like what the definition of "is" is. Suck on this and then come back and tell me that no one can be convicted of sexual harassment!

First: she never charged him: she sued him. If you're going to talk law, get the terminology right; otherwise you look like an idiot. Second, she dropped her suit, O'Reilly dropped his ridiculous countersuit and they agreed to an out-of-court settlement involving payment of millions of dollars to Mackris.

She charged him with sexually harassing her. Cut the Clintonesque it depends what your definition of "is" is. You again come off looking like a fool with your attempted "nuance." And give me proof that O'Reilly paid her millions of dollars to settle her extortion attempt. Put up or shut up.

I'll put it simply so you can understand: what does Soros' conviction have to do with the information presented on Media Matters? (Incidentally, you didn't even get that much right: Machinations did not link to Media Matters, but to the same Smoking Gun article I linked to above. Cue the tuba! *Wah WAH.*)

Machinations linked to Media Matters to prove his point that O'Reilly is biased. How can you look at your self in the mirror and blatantly lie like this? What the hell is the matter with you? Your credibility on this forum is virtually nil and yet you persist in your lies. Good grief! :blink:

Well, really: I've heard of the ping pong ball trick, but never have I heard it specifically connected to Asian hookers. In fact, the most high profile reference I can think of was in the South Park Movie, the target being caucasian actress Wynona Ryder. But since you seem to speak with such authority on the subject, I can only conclude you know something I don't.

The Colin Thatcher defense: Deny deny deny.

I've already talked about the anonimity confered by the internet and how it brings out the worst in people. Frankly, I don't see how it's any worse on left blogs than it is on, say, Little Green Footballs (where racial slurs are commonplace). Idiots will be idiots, and you'll have to do a helluva lot better than pointing to anonymous commentors on lefty blogs and fabricated Oreo incidents to prove that the left has a monoply on bad behaviour.

I don't recall Charles Johnson, the owner of LGF, making any racial slurs - unless you call Islamofascism a slur. And as specifically noted on his blog, he is not responsible for comments on his posts, and he regularly gets over 200+ comments per post. If he comes across an offensive post (no, not female leftwing columnists shooting ping-pong balls out of her wazoo), like raghead, he deletes it. Some might sneak through but apparently Charles - who is a 9-11 Democrat - has a life and can't moderate 2000 to 3000 comments per day.

There is a conservative female Filippino posting on this forum. Aren't you embarrassed trying to shluff off these vile insults by the left? Do you think Betsy considers these repeated disgusting slurs "a joke?" What kind of a man are you?!

Well, shit: racial slurs are clearly over the line. But considering Malkin's own checkered record on race, it's hard to take her sudden righteous indignation too seriously. (Thing is, crass it may be, the ping pong joke works on any female regardless of race.)

Racial slurs are clearly over the line - while you make excuses for them. What checkered record on race are you talking about regarding Malkin's race? And again: the ping-pong ball out of a female's wazoo is a joke; all's fair in the political field to cheap partisan ideological hacks like you.

As for Hillary, no they don't make the ping pong joke about her: they just call her "Hitlary" and indulge in endless speculation about her sexuality. When they are not accusing her of committing murder, of course. All class, you righties.

I'm not sure what a Hitlary is, although it got 13,500 hits from your link, but when I typed in Malkin Hitler, I got 537,000 hits. Bush Hitler got 13,400,000 hits.

Let's take a look at the "classy left.":

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican. Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log. Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted. But black Democrats say there is nothing wrong with "pointing out the obvious."

"There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names," said a campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate and former president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.

"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse, but it is democracy." Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.

"Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people." During the 2002 campaign, Democratic supporters pelted Mr. Steele with Oreo cookies during a gubernatorial debate at Morgan State University in Baltimore. In 2001, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. called Mr. Steele an "Uncle Tom," when Mr. Steele headed the state Republican Party.

You people make me ill! :angry:

I don't read Wonkette regularly. I find it revealing that she, a female, finds nothing wrong with making cracks about another woman doing ping-pong tricks with her wazoo. But it's just a joke! Comparing Bush to Hitler is also just a joke! Lighten up, you thin-skinned manly-men types, who just happen to make up the vast majority of the people who defend freedom and are willing to give their lives to do so. Wonkette is laughing at you fools who think it is inappropriate to discuss ping-pong ball tricks with your c*nt when discussing a rightwing columnist!

Ann Coulter wished that McVeigh had blown up the NYT building, not NYT employees. Nonetheless, I thought Coulter's comment was out of line, and you will find few on the right who supported her for saying that. As for your claim that Coulter's audience would resort to violence, I do recall Coulter being subjected to violence by 2 so-called men who attempted to assault her when she was giving a speech in Arizona.

And you don't want to go there regarding stomping out civil liberties. I'll stomp a mudhole in you. You can't smoke cigarettes anywhere, gun control, eminent domain, language police measuring signs to make sure that English is not the same size as French, etc.

If you want to go there: Bring.it.on.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, Wonkette pulls out the ping pong ball joke on whoever is the object of their humor on a particular day. It is not only used on Asians or on women. I've seen it used on white men, white women, whomever. Harry Reid, Cynthia McKinney, Jerry Falwell and, yes, Michelle Malkin. It is so clearly a joke that it cannot be taken seriously. If she only used it to slam Asian women, or if someone used fried chicken jokes only about African heritage, or Nazi jokes about people of German heritage, I would agree that it was racist and over the line. That's not at all what is happening here.

About that "who just happen to make up the vast majority of the people who defend freedom and are willing to give their lives to do so". Your comment was apropos of nothing, but if you want to go there, fine: the vast majority of the returning Iraqi war veterans who are running for Congress are Democrats. I happen to have plenty of respect for the US military. My dad was a veteran and a big-time liberal, unionist, and Democrat. I don't really see many members of the GOP-elite signing up their kids for this war, yet they are the most vocal supporters of neo-con policy. I suppose some people get very brave when they're outside of rifle range. Rumsfeld, Bush and the rest of the GOP are playing politics with peoples' lives, especially those of our armed forces. If taking one's eye off Afghanistan, using torture in places like Abu Ghraib, running secret torture prisons overseas, Guantanamo Bay and Haditha are the ways Republicans run a war, I can only say that they have absolutely no respect for our military institutions.

Coulter: here are some quotes:

- "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

(Clearly, Coulter was implying that she wished the damage done to the Murrah Building, including the deaths of those inside, was directed at the NYT. If this is humor, I think Coulter needs a new ghost writer.)

- "My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."

(Another joke? Maybe, but even her own party's pull toward fascism is not lost on her.)

The whipped cream pie in the face: I don't condone criminal behavior, but a pie in the face is perhaps the weakest form of assault possible. It's more Laurel and Hardy and meant to generate a laugh than anything. Still, I don't condone it.

Civil liberties: where do you want to start? violating the sanctity of the family (Terri Schiavo)?; breaking FISA with the warrantless wiretapping?; denying using the Patriot Act to round up petty criminals when its focus was squarely aimed at stopping terror?; labeling anyone who voiced dissent about Bush policy as "un-American" (seriously, it is neo-McCarthyism -- the Bush folks could not afford serious debate, so they needed to intimidate people into giving up their right to speak out)?; collecting phone data on millions of innocent Americans?; not affording apprehended individuals their civil rights (Jose Padilla, an American citizen apprehended on US soil and held in a prison in South Carolina for two years while denying him the right to see his court-appointed attorney)? More?

"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now." -- Ann Coulter

Now if that doesn't describe Black Dog, as we have seen on his posts on this forum, I don't know what does. Once again, Ann Coulter emasculates another liberal. And not one slur about leftist needle-dicks, as opposed to those who love to talk about Malkin's tw*t.

Sweet: an ad hominem. Which I'll take as a concession that you're a hypocritical, partisan twit.

Semantics like what the definition of "is" is. Suck on this and then come back and tell me that no one can be convicted of sexual harassment!

Of course it's semantics (you obviously don't know what that word means either). Also note that all your links refer to criminal cases not civil ones.

She charged him with sexually harassing her. Cut the Clintonesque it depends what your definition of "is" is. You again come off looking like a fool with your attempted "nuance." And give me proof that O'Reilly paid her millions of dollars to settle her extortion attempt. Put up or shut up.

I don't know why you have such difficulty with this. She filed a civil suit in a civil court, a suit which was subsequenetly settled out of court. There were no charges pressed.

And proof: The very early retirement announcement came one day after [Andrea Mackris] and [bill O'Reilly] worked out a multimillion big-bucks deal to end their dueling harassment and extortion suits.

Excerpted from a source you can trust: the Rupert Murdoch-owned New York Post.

Machinations linked to Media Matters to prove his point that O'Reilly is biased. How can you look at your self in the mirror and blatantly lie like this? What the hell is the matter with you? Your credibility on this forum is virtually nil and yet you persist in your lies. Good grief

But he never linked to MM on the sex harrassment story. Which I see you didn't say he did, but your mangled syntax gave that impression. (And I'm still not sure of the relevance of Soros' conviction to the information on Media Matters.)

The Colin Thatcher defense: Deny deny deny.

So: where's the evidence that this is an Asian thing? Actually you know what? Don't bother: I'm not interested in the contents of your "Favorites" folder.

I don't recall Charles Johnson, the owner of LGF, making any racial slurs - unless you call Islamofascism a slur. And as specifically noted on his blog, he is not responsible for comments on his posts, and he regularly gets over 200+ comments per post. If he comes across an offensive post (no, not female leftwing columnists shooting ping-pong balls out of her wazoo), like raghead, he deletes it. Some might sneak through but apparently Charles - who is a 9-11 Democrat - has a life and can't moderate 2000 to 3000 comments per day.

And yet, with the exception of Wonkette, all of the examples of Malkin+ping pong you've cited were anonymous commentors. Presumably, the same standard of responisibility you allow Charles Johnson applies to the proprietors of those sites as well. And clearly the proprietors have deleted the offensive comments made by anonymous posters. So it's pretty obvious your harbouring a double standard here. Again, I'm shocked, just shocked! :rolleyes:

There is a conservative female Filippino posting on this forum. Aren't you embarrassed trying to shluff off these vile insults by the left? Do you think Betsy considers these repeated disgusting slurs "a joke?" What kind of a man are you?!

Here's the trick: I don't consider the Wonkette joke to be good (I don't consider it a racial slur either). I was using the Ann Coulter defense. The fact you're pissing yourself with outrage now, despite using the "it's just a joke" defense yourself shows what a hypocrite you are. Oh and if betsy's offended, I trust she's quite capable of vocing her displeasure herself without you using her as a token.

Racial slurs are clearly over the line - while you make excuses for them. What checkered record on race are you talking about regarding Malkin's race? And again: the ping-pong ball out of a female's wazoo is a joke; all's fair in the political field to cheap partisan ideological hacks like you.

Just for you.

Is it your contention that to love your country (and not be branded a <insert nation here> hating terrorist) you can't disagree with any of the .gov policies (well, at least you MB agree with) at all?

Do you honestly think that if a MSM photographer had a pic of the Oreo cookie incident that their editor would allow this to be printed in the news? Come on. The MSM is ridiculously biased for Dems and anti-Repub. Do you ever see them have pics like this in the news? I have seen many such pics on the Internet (mostly taken by US soldiers) but not in the MSM. And the Dems have a documented history of attacking minority conservatives.

Party trumps race for Steele foes:

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican. Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log. Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so targeted.

[...]

State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes.

"Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, said Mr. Steele invites comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is black on the outside and white inside because his conservative political philosophy is, in her view, anti-black.

[...]

During the 2002 campaign, Democratic supporters pelted Mr. Steele with Oreo cookies during a gubernatorial debate at Morgan State University in Baltimore. In 2001, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. called Mr. Steele an "Uncle Tom," when Mr. Steele headed the state Republican Party. Mr. Miller, Prince George's County Democrat, later apologized for the remark.

"That's not racial. If they call him the "N' word, that's racial," Mrs. Marriott said. "Just because he's black, everything bad you say about him isn't racial."

Michael Steele confirmed the Oreo cookie incident just a couple of weeks ago on Hannity & Colmes. Alan Colmes didn't try to rebut his comment because he said it was off topic. Now who would you believe?