Jump to content

Legally Elected President Trump's abortion statement is definitely CENTRIST


Recommended Posts

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-abortion-should-be-decided-the-states-will-the-people

Trump says abortion should be decided by the states, 'will of the people'

Trump vows support for IVF, abortion laws should be decided by the people and the states

Former President Trump announced on Monday his position on whether abortion should be banned, following months of not taking a stance on the combustible and crucial issue in his 2024 rematch with President Biden.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee took to his social media platform on Sunday night to say that he would issue a statement on "abortion and abortion rights." In video posted hours later on early Monday morning, Trump explicitly affirmed his support for in vitro fertilization (IVF) and he emphasized his support for states determining their own laws for abortion so long as there are exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother.

"The states will determine by vote, or legislation, or perhaps both, and whatever they decide must be the law of the land – in this case, the law of the state," Trump said. Many states will be different. Many states will have a different number of weeks…at the end of the day it is all about the will of the people."

Talking points.

1. Of ALL PEOPLE, Mister Moderate Mike Pence actually referred to LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP'S views as a "slap in the face" to the millions of pro-life Americans who voted for him.

2. Roe was BAD LAW, all the way around. I read the opinion and it was all over the place. And the word ABORTION does not appear in the United States Constitution. The ONLY reason the Supreme Court overturned it is because it was WRONG on the law and on the Constitution.

3. Overturning Roe does not mean a woman cannot murder her baby. It just means there is a time limit and the states get to decide on that time limit, (which is the way it is supposed to be.)

4. So far, ALL the DemoNazis had to run on (since they CAN'T run on the economy or foreign policy) is TRUMP BAD, ABORTION GOOD. The brilliant and LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP just took away that last card.

5. Those on the far right (which aren't that many in this country) want ALL abortions ended and outlawed, regardless of exceptions like rape, incest or saving the life of the mother. Those on the left (which include that minority of voters in this country known as the DemoNAZIS) believe abortion should be allowed even an hour after birth and paid for by tax dollars. LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP reflects the CENTRIST position of the vast majority of Americans.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, robosmith said:

That's only like his 5th position on the issue. AKA, he's all over the map and twisting in the political wind.

IOW, NO PRINCIPLES other than pandering.

Which says ZERO for your side. 

The democrat party is still the scummiest group in all of history. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, reason10 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-abortion-should-be-decided-the-states-will-the-people

Trump says abortion should be decided by the states, 'will of the people'

Trump vows support for IVF, abortion laws should be decided by the people and the states

Former President Trump announced on Monday his position on whether abortion should be banned, following months of not taking a stance on the combustible and crucial issue in his 2024 rematch with President Biden.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee took to his social media platform on Sunday night to say that he would issue a statement on "abortion and abortion rights." In video posted hours later on early Monday morning, Trump explicitly affirmed his support for in vitro fertilization (IVF) and he emphasized his support for states determining their own laws for abortion so long as there are exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother.

"The states will determine by vote, or legislation, or perhaps both, and whatever they decide must be the law of the land – in this case, the law of the state," Trump said. Many states will be different. Many states will have a different number of weeks…at the end of the day it is all about the will of the people."

Talking points.

1. Of ALL PEOPLE, Mister Moderate Mike Pence actually referred to LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP'S views as a "slap in the face" to the millions of pro-life Americans who voted for him.

2. Roe was BAD LAW, all the way around. I read the opinion and it was all over the place. And the word ABORTION does not appear in the United States Constitution. The ONLY reason the Supreme Court overturned it is because it was WRONG on the law and on the Constitution.

3. Overturning Roe does not mean a woman cannot murder her baby. It just means there is a time limit and the states get to decide on that time limit, (which is the way it is supposed to be.)

4. So far, ALL the DemoNazis had to run on (since they CAN'T run on the economy or foreign policy) is TRUMP BAD, ABORTION GOOD. The brilliant and LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP just took away that last card.

5. Those on the far right (which aren't that many in this country) want ALL abortions ended and outlawed, regardless of exceptions like rape, incest or saving the life of the mother. Those on the left (which include that minority of voters in this country known as the DemoNAZIS) believe abortion should be allowed even an hour after birth and paid for by tax dollars. LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP reflects the CENTRIST position of the vast majority of Americans.

Trump wilted on this point, that's for sure, which is all the more reason to get Vivek Ramaswamy in for 2028. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

Trump wilted on this point, that's for sure, which is all the more reason to get Vivek Ramaswamy in for 2028. 

Wilted? Trump has wavered all over the place on abortion. He OBVIOUSLY has no moral issues with abortion; it’s purely a political issue to Trump. 

 

October 1999

–“I’m very pro-choice. I hate the concept of abortion. I hate it. I hate everything it stands for. I cringe when I listen to people debating the subject. But you still – I just believe in choice,” Trump said during a “Meet the Press” interview.

March 2016

– “The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment,” Trump told a MSNBC town hall after being asked: “Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no, as a principle?” After his response, the host then sought a clarification on his use of the word punishment: “For the woman?” And Trump said, “Yeah, there has to be some form.” Following widespread criticism, Trump later walked back his comments in a statement.

June 2022– “Today’s decision, which is the biggest WIN for LIFE in a generation, along with other decisions that have been announced recently, were only made possible because I delivered everything as promised, including nominating and getting three highly respected and strong Constitutionalists confirmed to the United States Supreme Court,” Trump said in a statement after the Roe v. Wade decision was overturned.

Shortly after that statement, Trump credited divine intervention for the Supreme Court’s decision.

“God made the decision,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News.

January 2024

– “We’re living in a time when there has to be a little bit of a concession one way or the other,” Trump said during a Fox News town hall. He would go on to qualify the origin of his pragmatism on the issue: “I will say this: You have to win elections. Otherwise, you’re going to be back where you were, and you can’t let that ever happen again. You’ve got to win elections.”

April 2024

– “My view is now that we have abortion where everyone wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation, or perhaps both. And whatever they decide must be the law of the land. In this case, the law of the state,” Trump said in a video statement.

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Like I said, twisting in the political wind, completely unprincipled.

And who can trust what he’ll do abortion once elected? Over and over he’s said, “We have to get elected.”  So, like the SCOTUS justices he appointed, lie all you want and then do whatever the heIl you want.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2024 at 1:54 AM, robosmith said:

That's only like his 5th position on the issue. AKA, he's all over the map and twisting in the political wind.

IOW, NO PRINCIPLES other than pandering.

That is a LIE. He has ALWAYS supported sending the decision back to the states.

(And your UNELECTED COMMUNIST PEDOPHILE is the KING of pandering.)

You NAZIS are the ones who claim overturning Roe was done by a  TRUMP Supreme Court (which might have been true had   Trump been  president for the past 40 years.) He appointed THREE justices who had ACTUALLY read the Constitution and they voted with the majority to overturn Roe.

Lack of principles? Out here in the land of REALITY (which you Nazis seem to be physically allergic to) LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP is a hero to the  pro-life movement, by finally arranging for the overturning of that NAZI Supreme Court decision.

Most of America agrees it should go to the states.  Only extremist FASCISTS like you want a NAZI government to mandate their  FINAL SOLUTION FOR BABIES.

Sieg Heil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Rebound said:

Wilted? Trump has wavered all over the place on abortion. He OBVIOUSLY has no moral issues with abortion; it’s purely a political issue to Trump. 

 

October 1999

–“I’m very pro-choice. I hate the concept of abortion. I hate it. I hate everything it stands for. I cringe when I listen to people debating the subject. But you still – I just believe in choice,” Trump said during a “Meet the Press” interview.

March 2016

– “The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment,” Trump told a MSNBC town hall after being asked: “Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no, as a principle?” After his response, the host then sought a clarification on his use of the word punishment: “For the woman?” And Trump said, “Yeah, there has to be some form.” Following widespread criticism, Trump later walked back his comments in a statement.

June 2022– “Today’s decision, which is the biggest WIN for LIFE in a generation, along with other decisions that have been announced recently, were only made possible because I delivered everything as promised, including nominating and getting three highly respected and strong Constitutionalists confirmed to the United States Supreme Court,” Trump said in a statement after the Roe v. Wade decision was overturned.

Shortly after that statement, Trump credited divine intervention for the Supreme Court’s decision.

“God made the decision,” Trump said in an interview with Fox News.

January 2024

– “We’re living in a time when there has to be a little bit of a concession one way or the other,” Trump said during a Fox News town hall. He would go on to qualify the origin of his pragmatism on the issue: “I will say this: You have to win elections. Otherwise, you’re going to be back where you were, and you can’t let that ever happen again. You’ve got to win elections.”

April 2024

– “My view is now that we have abortion where everyone wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation, or perhaps both. And whatever they decide must be the law of the land. In this case, the law of the state,” Trump said in a video statement.

 

You !diot.  Trump was a DEMOCRAT back in 1999. He wasn't holding public office. He was contributing to Nazi candidates like Hitlary KKKlinton.

20 hours ago, robosmith said:

Like I said, twisting in the political wind, completely unprincipled.

He has more principles than ANY Democrat president in the history of America.

 

I know. That isn't saying much. Kinda hard to link Nazis with the term 'principle.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, herbie said:

Letting smaller groups of people make decisions is not democracy. It's using the ridiculous concept of 'states rights' that works against nationhood, a historic remnant from pre Civil War times.

Look at the track record. Alleged "pro life" presidents like Reagan and Bush 43 had Republican congresses. (KInd of.) They could have written a LIFE bill that would have outlawed the very practice of abortion. Even as they had appointed Supreme Court justices who actually READ the constitution, the issue came up several times before the Court and was shot down. 

Right now, LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP owns the credit for getting that Nazi law Roe overturned. He appointed three CONSTITUTIONAL judges (Gorsuch,  Barrett and Kavanaugh) and Roe is history.

Trump has done something NO OTHER REPUBLICAN president could have imagined.

Most of America wants the decision to go to the states. If most of America wanted abortion overturned at the federal level, there would have been veto proof Congresses and Republican  presidents. If most of America wanted abortion on demand right up to birth (and even an hour afterwards) they would have voted for DemoNazi Congressional majorities and DemoNazi presidents.

I'd say FINALLY the people have gotten what they want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, reason10 said:

You !diot.  Trump was a DEMOCRAT back in 1999. He wasn't holding public office. He was contributing to Nazi candidates like Hitlary KKKlinton.

He has more principles than ANY Democrat president in the history of America.

 

I know. That isn't saying much. Kinda hard to link Nazis with the term 'principle.'

You think that Trump is a Nazi? Guess that’s progress. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rebound said:

You think that Trump is a Nazi? Guess that’s progress. 

I for one didn't think the demonrats were so bad back in the day. 

I was a Clinton supporter, and I thought that Obama was a good president for the first 3 years of his first term. 

Like most people, I thought of JFK as one of America's best presidents ever.

Nowadays though, supporting the Dems is the exact same thing as being a pre-kristallnacht Nazi supporter. They're truly that awful, and on the exact same trajectory.

To clarify, I only say "pre-kristallnacht" because the Dems haven't had their kristallnacht moment yet, so people who are still supporting them are doing it like the 1937 Germans were. I'd argue that supporting the Nazis before and after Kristallnacht were two different things. 

I can guarantee you that there are Dem supporters right now who know that they just have to look the other way or hold their nose sometimes, but they don't understand how bad things actually are. Sometimes when you're in the middle of a picture you don't see the broader view.  

Edited by WestCanMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

You think that Trump is a Nazi? Guess that’s progress. 

No! No! Hillary is a Nazi! She was a woman she must be. That's why reason10 supports a genuine c*nt instead. One that tells people what they can and can't do and will remove the foreign vermin that oppress the workers while he surrounds himself with only the rich and powerful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2024 at 11:33 AM, Rebound said:

Wilted? Trump has wavered all over the place on abortion. He OBVIOUSLY has no moral issues with abortion; it’s purely a political issue to Trump. 

You're probably right, but that doesn't help your side of the political fence in the least. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, reason10 said:

Look at the track record. Alleged "pro life" presidents like Reagan and Bush 43 had Republican congresses. (KInd of.) They could have written a LIFE bill that would have outlawed the very practice of abortion. Even as they had appointed Supreme Court justices who actually READ the constitution, the issue came up several times before the Court and was shot down. 

Right now, LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT TRUMP owns the credit for getting that Nazi law Roe overturned. He appointed three CONSTITUTIONAL judges (Gorsuch,  Barrett and Kavanaugh) and Roe is history.

Trump has done something NO OTHER REPUBLICAN president could have imagined.

Most of America wants the decision to go to the states. If most of America wanted abortion overturned at the federal level, there would have been veto proof Congresses and Republican  presidents. If most of America wanted abortion on demand right up to birth (and even an hour afterwards) they would have voted for DemoNazi Congressional majorities and DemoNazi presidents.

I'd say FINALLY the people have gotten what they want.

Obama had a veto proof Congress and did 0 for abortion, he could of codified it as part of Obamacare and made it Supreme Court proof but he didn't.

Congress in general has no will in making any controversial decisions and have largely let the President's pen and phone and the Supreme Court decide everything so they can vacillate on issues as the wind blows.

Edited by Fluffypants
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, Deluge said:

You're probably right, but that doesn't help your side of the political fence in the least. ;) 

One thing Trump has that NO OTHER PRO LIFER can boast of.

He appointed THREE of the justices who OVERTURNED ROE.

In the Pro Life universe, that's a lifetime achievement.

On 4/9/2024 at 1:54 AM, robosmith said:

That's only like his 5th position on the issue. AKA, he's all over the map and twisting in the political wind.

IOW, NO PRINCIPLES other than pandering.

He gave America the three justices who helped OVERTURN ROE.

That gives him more pro life street cred than ANYBODY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, reason10 said:

One thing Trump has that NO OTHER PRO LIFER can boast of.

He appointed THREE of the justices who OVERTURNED ROE.

In the Pro Life universe, that's a lifetime achievement.

Agreed. His SC appointees might be the crown jewel of his presidency. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s no such thing as a CENTRIST abortion position to a woman who needs an abortion: She can obtain the abortion, or she can’t. 
 

Here’s an idea: If we can break the abortion decision down to the STATE level, why not make it at the COUNTY level? Better yet… at the TOWN level. WAIT!! I’ve got it! Let’s make the abortion decision at the INDIVIDUAL level. That way, every single person can have their own personal abortion policy. I call it “Freedom and Liberty.”

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

There’s no such thing as a CENTRIST abortion position to a woman who needs an abortion: She can obtain the abortion, or she can’t. 

That's true. And there is no CENTRIST position for a rapist, a serial murderer, a mugger. He/she can either kill, rape, mug or he/she can't.

Here’s an idea: If we can break the abortion decision down to the STATE level, why not make it at the COUNTY level? Better yet… at the TOWN level. WAIT!! I’ve got it! Let’s make the abortion decision at the INDIVIDUAL level. That way, every single person can have their own personal abortion policy. I call it “Freedom and Liberty.”

Right now, it's about as good as it is going to get, freedom wise. (And that includes freedom for ALL humans, not just those who have been born.)

Again, the total ANTI ABORTION crowd would outlaw the procedure entirely. No abortions for ANY reason.

The total PRO ABORTION crowd would require taxpayers to pay for ALL abortions, and they could occur at any time, including an hour after a live birth.

The country is kinda split in the middle. The Trump solution is about as in the middle as it is going to get.

So, if you don't want a child, don't make a child. Don't engage in the activity that makes babies, unless you have birth control. If you achieve conception, NO STATE will prevent you from ending the conception at that point.

Even the state of Mississippi allows abortion exceptions for rape/incest and/or saving the life of the mother.

If you are raped, report it to the police. Go to the hospital to get a rape kit, which will help the police to find the animal who did it. Then the doctor will likey give you a morning after pill which will either halt conception or prevent it.

That's reasonable. And that's where most of  America is right now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,750
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...