Trump, winning third nomination would mark the end of the GOP

Trump, winning third nomination would mark the end of the GOP

If Trump Republicans propel Donald Trump over the top in the primaries, they will be doing and will have done two things. They will have made him their nominee for the presidency, and they will have ended the Republican Party.

I don’t mean this rhetorically, in the way of people walking around the past eight years crying, The party as I knew it is gone. I mean it literally: The GOP will disappear as a party. Meaning the primary national vehicle of conservative thought and policy will disappear.
But a third Trump nomination? The third time it breaks.

Put another way, once is what you did (made a mistake, as people and parties do). Twice is what you did (almost out of loyalty to the first mistake). But a third time—that isn’t what you did, it’s who you are.

There will be no Republican Party after a Trump ’24 race, which, again, means the vehicle of conservative thought and policy will be gone.

Why did i have to pull that down? Did you quote yourself again by accident? Dude - you are basically a walking shart.

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

We all catch a cold now and again. It happens. But as i've told you before it's very very important for you to follow the directions on the cough syrup bottle and not take too much.

16 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Why did i have to pull that down? Did you quote yourself again by accident? Dude - you are basically a walking shart.

We all catch a cold now and again. It happens. But as i've told you before it's very very important for you to follow the directions on the cough syrup bottle and not take too much.

WTH are you BABBLING about?

Then if Trump is even allowed in the building, they should walk out, rent a new location and rename themselves the Conservative Party. Claim back the name. And unlike in Canada, not using the name Progressive Conservative will GAIN voters, not drive them away.

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry - are you still having english comprehension problems?

Guess i can't be surprised from a guy who manages to quote himself by accident :P

No, you're having English writing problems. AKA, you wandered into this thread and started BABBLING about something else.

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Anything with more than 2 syllables is 'babble' to you.  ;)

Any SPECIOUS OFF TOPIC CLAIMS are BABBLING, and that's all you posted. Duh.

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

But wouldn't the end have been in 2016?  They went there.

As Noonan said, first time could be a mistake. 

But a third time—that isn’t what you did, it’s who you are.

• Like 1