Conservative Blindness

48 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's the kind of lie the left loves to tell to cover their own bad behavior.

Conservatives have always been pro working class. 

Culture war is a leftie invention and it serves their purpose, not the rights.

You must be joking. US Republicans have ALWAYS been ANTI-UNION and pro management.

Today the only ones pushing culture wars are the Republicans because they got nothing else that's popular.

You really should stop pretending you know ANYTHING about US Politics. LMAO

49 minutes ago, West said:

Every time you turn around someone is celebrating Sodomy

You live in strange world of your OWN CREATION. LMAO

• Like 1

The Bible is banned from some Utah elementary and middle schools now for ‘vulgarity or violence’

A Utah parent filed a challenge to have the Bible removed from public school libraries, citing passages describing sex and violence, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

The committee appointed to review the complaint said the Bible may remain in high school libraries, but it will be removed from elementary and middle schools for containing vulgarity or violence. 

20.png
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, August1991 said:

While recently in America, I heard a leftist Jew claim this:

"MAGA? Make no mistake: This is: Make America White Again."

As a Canadian, I strongly disagree.

Go listen to Tucker Carlson blab about his racist Great Replacement Theory sometime. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

BLM is all about "batting an eye" when black people are shot.

No. They "bat an eyelid" when black unarmed people are shot by white cops. It matters little that in many of these cases, the black men were either armed and threatening the cop, fighting with them, or even worse, attempting to grab a cop's weapon. This causes outrage, so is perfect.

Point being made is it has nothing to do with batting an eyelid. It has everything to do with using anger go push their ideology forward. They are opportunists that couldn't care less about the black community.

BLM has been present how many times when children were hit by stray bullets? Speaking out against gun violence within the black community, which is the actual threat. Not cops?

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Not sure where you get your "stick of gum" shtick. Most blacks killing blacks are the drug gangs fighting over turf.

So armed robberies don't occur in the hood? B&E's? 

You clearly have never lived in such an environment if you feel that people don't get killed over nothing, on a daily basis there.

Where's the outrage?

2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

No. They "bat an eyelid" when black unarmed people are shot by white cops. It matters little that in many of these cases, the black men were either armed and threatening the cop, fighting with them, or even worse, attempting to grab a cop's weapon. This causes outrage, so is perfect.

Point being made is it has nothing to do with batting an eyelid. It has everything to do with using anger go push their ideology forward. They are opportunists that couldn't care less about the black community.

BLM has been present how many times when children were hit by stray bullets? Speaking out against gun violence within the black community, which is the actual threat. Not cops?

So armed robberies don't occur in the hood? B&E's? 

You clearly have never lived in such an environment if you feel that people don't get killed over nothing, on a daily basis there.

Where's the outrage?

What you’re saying is extremely offensive. 
You should educate yourself as to the nature of the killings of unarmed black citizens by police.  

There are strict laws regarding when a police officer can shoot someone, and generally it is when someone’s life is in danger. “Stop or I’ll shoot” is not a lawful use of a weapon. 

Oscar Grant was handcuffed and lying facedown on the ground when a police officer pulled out a gun and shot him. Michael Brown was walking home after buying a bag of Skittles when a man with a gun shot and killed him. 

Black people are well aware that these shootings have been going on for over a century. It is only with the emergence of the cell phone video camera that these violations are being recorded. 

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

That's the kind of lie the left loves to tell to cover their own bad behavior.

Conservatives have always been pro working class. 

Culture war is a leftie invention and it serves their purpose, not the rights.

Conservatives’ trickle-down economics scam is blatantly anti-working class, period. 

Culture was is not a leftie invention conservatives have been screamed about immigrants, gays and made up nonsense like the war on Christmas since time immemorial 

check out the book title from this conservative icon (and sexual predator)  some lefty!

image.thumb.jpeg.3073e1ea8289226a87830f3dfa135d5a.jpeg

The first social conservative was a prehistoric ape in a tree shrieking that the other apes need to stop walking around on 2 legs and get back in the tree.  Their culture war will always be with humanity as backlash against modernity is part of the human experience but it always loses in the end. Cultures never freeze in place or move backwards over the long term.  Even in the Islamic world where conservatives have enjoyed a bit of a comeback in recent decades, society is still progressing and modernizing in most places. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Conservatives’ trickle-down economics scam is blatantly anti-working class, period.

Well that's demonstrably stupid :)  First off there is no such thing as 'trickle down' economics, that's just a term lefties use to explain concepts too complicated for them to understand.  But in fact the concept behind it is why we had a middle class form in the first place. it's OUTRAGEROUSLY pro worker. Tell your union rep to do a little research before telling you lies :)

6 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Culture was is not a leftie invention conservatives have been screamed about immigrants, gays and made up nonsense like the war on Christmas since time immemorial 

Culture war is without a doubt the left wing's invention and democrats have been using it all the way back to the days of slavery.

And it was obama and the democrats who put together the intersectional coalition to get him elected - get a bunch of diverse groups, get them mad and furious about their situation,  then tell them you'll protect them if you get elected.

Since then things have gone down hill fast.

But i love how the left pretends it's not doing anything :)

"We must stop racism - BAN DR SEUSS - IT MUST BE SHUT DOWN!!!!! FORM A COMMITTEE! CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!! REEEEEEE"

'Hey - those were great books, why are you doing that?"

gee dude - don't make a big deal over it. Why are you guys always getting so worked up over little things ;)

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

First off there is no such thing as 'trickle down' economics, that's just a term lefties use to explain concepts too complicated for them to understand. 

The technical name is “supply side economics” and the broader right wing ideology behind it is called “neoliberalism” in academic circles, with notable right wing economists using the “trickle down” metaphor to describe how enriching billionaires and corporations will eventually benefit workers and it’s a largely a disproven theory. Its message to workers was that they must live a life of sacrifice and hardship NOW so that they can be rewarded later once the rich and powerful have had their fill.  Of course that day never came. Kind of like religion’s suffer in this life so you cab rewarded in the next life

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But in fact the concept behind it is why we had a middle class form in the first place. it's OUTRAGEROUSLY pro worker.

That is absolute opposite-of-reality BS….“outragerous” even ?  

Trickle-down economics as government policy only dates back to the 1980s, which is right when the working class began to experience its long decline in living standards and quality of life  

16 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Culture war is without a doubt the left wing's invention and democrats have been using it all the way back to the days of slavery.

And it was obama and the democrats who put together the intersectional coalition to get him elected - get a bunch of diverse groups, get them mad and furious about their situation,  then tell them you'll protect them if you get elected.

Since then things have gone down hill fast.

But i love how the left pretends it's not doing anything :)

"We must stop racism - BAN DR SEUSS - IT MUST BE SHUT DOWN!!!!! FORM A COMMITTEE! CANCEL IMMEDIATELY!! REEEEEEE"

'Hey - those were great books, why are you doing that?"

gee dude - don't make a big deal over it. Why are you guys always getting so worked up over little things ;)

More BS. Democrats didn’t get people mad and furious about their …they were mad and furious on their own. Contrary to republican lies, people don’t like being poor despite working 60 hours a week at multiple jobs, don’t like going bankrupt over healthcare expenses, don’t like having their unarmed kids and family members killed by police over jaywalking or shoplifting or other petty crimes , don’t like lead in their drinking water or having their kids die in school shootings and so on. 

PS nobody banned Dr Seuss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

The technical name is “supply side economics”

See? I made you google it and now you learned something.  I"m not just smart, i'm educational :)

The rest of it went off the rails for you but hey - baby steps!

That is absolute opposite-of-reality BS

I agree. THat is the opposite of  Reality BS.  The opposite of reality bs is reality.

Sigh. You're making this too easy. It takes the fun out of it.

And as we've noted 'trickle down' doesn't exist.  But the concept has been around for quite a while. And it has been what gave rise to the middle class.

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Democrats didn’t get people mad and furious about their …they were mad and furious on their own.

Nope.  The dems exploited existing dissatisfaction to create the 'mad and furious'.  From 1992 - 2009 there were very few incidents. Since then, it's grown in leaps and bounds in number AND size - largely driven by the divisions the dems have inflamed.  "If i'd had a son, he'd look like travon". 

And as i noted this has a very long history with the dems.

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

How so?

Also, is risking being offensive reason enough not to question something? 

You should educate yourself as to the nature of the killings of unarmed black citizens by police.  

Am not denying its existence.

However, to decry it like it were an epidemic, would be incredibly inaccurate.

Also, if a black male or any male is shot by a police officer, anyone with common sense will want to know what happened. People using to advance ideology will want to ensure this is withheld, unless it meets a certain criteria.

The innocent, minding their own business type of black male getting shot to death by police "epidemic", just does not exist. Did it happen in history at any point anywhere?

Of course, but to say (or insinuate that) current laws are racist, as well as police who enforce them, are a sweeping statement that hold zero levels of accuracy to them.

George Floyd did happen. However, statistically speaking, this murderous level of police brutality just doesn't occur at the rate the media seems to want to make you believe that it does.

I can only speak personally, but as a black male, I am not afraid of the police but could easily understand why a black male would feel intimidated by them. 

Black people are well aware that these shootings have been going on for over a century.

Being aware brutality does happen, doesn't make it an epidemic.

I grew up in the hood. All knives and guns I have had pulled on me, were by people who shared my skin color. The B&E attempts. Theft. The police haven't threatened me remotely close to what my peers have.

I have been stopped by police for no reason before, was compliant, and off I went. Of course some cops abuse of their power, but numbers don't add up again that this is force wide or epidemic.

There is truth to some of what you say, but in no way shape or form are the police force as a whole, racist or are black law abiding people as a whole under any major level of threat.

Tupac Shakur once mulled about his childhood teachings, telling him to hate white men. 

But he later realized in life, that those who had shot, stabbed or taken from him, shared his skin color. 

Am sorry my telling the truth is offending you, but that is not the intent.

I had a weapon in such a neighborhood and always felt unsafe, and became paranoid. It wasn't to protect me from cops. 

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

See? I made you google it and now you learned something.  I"m not just smart, i'm educational :)

The rest of it went off the rails for you but hey - baby steps!

More of your Fake news.  You amd I have discussed this topic many times and you’re the one who keeps getting in it wrong. You once thought it was called Keynesian economics FFS.  You don’t know sh1t. 

19 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And as we've noted 'trickle down' doesn't exist.  But the concept has been around for quite a while. And it has been what gave rise to the middle class.

You continue to spread blatant falsehoods. Why don’t you post a non-partisan link to back up your BS?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

From 1992 - 2009 there were very few incidents.

What incidents are you talking about?  Riots?   If so I dispute the timeline  

Not coincidentally there were no major recessions during that period. The early 90s recession under Republican George Bush Sr was the worst since the Great Depression, then there was widespread economic boom and property during the 8 Clinton years followed by 2 recessions under the next Republican George Bush Jr., the last one being a major catastrophic collapse of the financial sector and the new title holder of “worst since the Great Depression”  

Keep in mind, economically Clinton followed conservative economic policies:  privatization, deregulation, tax cuts for businesses and the rich, service cuts for everyone else, and mass incarceration for the growing number of people forced into society’s margins as a result. The economic boom that occurred during his 2 terms was simply a bump due to the end of the cold war, the rise of the internet and e-commerce “tech bubble” and rock bottom interest rates that allowed people to affordably finance their lifestyle or make ends meet with an endless supply of cheap debt. The working class has been in a continuous downward slide since the 80s  because of Trickle-down policies and theories, which were first implemented under Reagan 

Blacks kill more blacks than police do. And you really don't have any reliable numbers of the LAWFUL killings versus the UNLAWFUL killings.

There are strict laws regarding when a police officer can shoot someone, and generally it is when someone’s life is in danger. “Stop or I’ll shoot” is not a lawful use of a weapon.

You've been watching too many Sixties movies. Produce PROOF that even ONE officer in the year 2023 has every used those exact words, or admit you are making this up.

Michael Brown was walking home after buying a bag of Skittles when a man with a gun shot and killed him. 

Michael Brown assaulted a police officer, who fired in self defense. If you're thinking of Trayvon Martin, the little animal ATTACKED George Zimmerman, who used deadly force for self defense.

Black people are well aware that these shootings have been going on for over a century. It is only with the emergence of the cell phone video camera that these violations are being recorded. 

That is a LIE. Black shootings increase when blacks began committing more CRIMES, you m0ron. In the 40s, 50s, and early 60s, black families were intact. Blacks weren't committing the violent crimes back then that they do now.  It was the DemoNazi welfare state that broke up black families, with 75 percent of ALL black children today living in a single parent home. That creates gangs and crime. Thank Lyndon Johnson and other Demo RACISTS for what happened. Don't blame police officers for defending themselves when a black animal decides to attack.

Face it, you're just a pathetic blue state RACIST.

15 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

More of your Fake news.  You amd I have discussed this topic many times and you’re the one who keeps getting in it wrong. You once thought it was called Keynesian economics FFS.  You don’t know sh1t.

Nope - sorry. And you were the one who didn't know the correct term earlier.  So that kind of proves my point.

16 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

You continue to spread blatant falsehoods. Why don’t you post a non-partisan link to back up your BS?

Because you already know i'm right.  You already admitted it. Soooo - yea, sorry kiddo. It's too late to ask for a source AFTER you've conceded the point :)

What incidents are you talking about?  Riots?   If so I dispute the timeline  

Well then you're still being an illiterate dolt. in all those years there was 2 or 3 significant riots or thereabouts - since then there have been far far more. And bigger and more damaging

Look it up.

See? Told you i'm educational :)  LOLOL!

The race wars we have today and for the last decade or more are a product of the left. Sorry to rain on your echo-chamber.

My wife is a teacher and has been since 2004 so some of these issues listed in the OP are pertinent. At least in NV.. there is no CRT taught in the public school system. Or at least not explicitly. Yes, you are free to construe anything as CRT.. it happens. It is not all that different from someone claiming that you are indoctrinating them when all you did was mention the word, Bible. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

My wife is a teacher and has been since 2004 so some of these issues listed in the OP are pertinent. At least in NV.. there is no CRT taught in the public school system. Or at least not explicitly. Yes, you are free to construe anything as CRT.. it happens. It is not all that different from someone claiming that you are indoctrinating them when all you did was mention the word, Bible. 

Love Nevada.   I have driven from Fallon to Vegas on the 95, Truckee to Utah on the I80, and Reno to Utah on the 50, as well as the 447 up to the Oregon border.

Reno is a crazy place.  It literally has everything from skiing to hot desert within 45 minutes, as well as all the trappings of a big city and small town.

They should teach the kids how to play the odds, though...

33 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Sounds kind of like you're playing word games though.  "not explicitly"?  So - if they teach it but call it Race Critical Theory then they're not teaching critical race theory? Is that what we're going with?

Seriously - are they teaching elements of critical race theory or not.  If they are not, then fine. if they are teaching any elements of Critical Race Theory that a reasonable person could recognize as belonging to that body of work... then fine, but you should have no problem saying that and they should have no problem defending it.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sounds kind of like you're playing word games though.  "not explicitly"?  So - if they teach it but call it Race Critical Theory then they're not teaching critical race theory? Is that what we're going with?

Seriously - are they teaching elements of critical race theory or not.  If they are not, then fine. if they are teaching any elements of Critical Race Theory that a reasonable person could recognize as belonging to that body of work... then fine, but you should have no problem saying that and they should have no problem defending it.

Well, its not like there is some central database and all I do is write a query such as 

select * from dbo.schools where crt = 'Yes'

There are 668 schools in NV and I can only vouch for the 5 schools that either my wife has taught at or my kids have attended. I know state education policy and there is no mention of CRT in it. Could someone in Las Vegas be teaching it? Maybe.  However, my experience is that it is not taught in NV at the public school level. However, that does not stop folks from construing every mention of race as CRT. Martin Luther King Jr. was black.. oh but that is CRT, right?

2 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Well, its not like there is some central database and all I do is write a query such as 

select * from dbo.schools where crt = 'Yes

LOL - well sure - but at the end of the day all that means is you can't say if it is or is not being taught in schools.

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

There are 668 schools in NV and I can only vouch for the 5 schools that either my wife has taught at or my kids have attended. I know state education policy and there is no mention of CRT in it.

As discussed - the lack of name doesn't' tell us much.

3 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

However, my experience is that it is not taught in NV at the public school level. However, that does not stop folks from construing every mention of race as CRT. Martin Luther King Jr. was black.. oh but that is CRT, right?

It also doesn't preclude the possibility that it IS being taught and that it's just not referred to as CRT.

I'm sure there are those who will refer to anything as CRT -  but i'm equally certain there are those who will teach crt and elements of crt and pretend it isn't.  So while i'm quite willing to believe that you've never seen it as a part of the curriculum under that name, as you yourself note you wouldn't be able to say if it was being taught or not.

20 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Love Nevada.   I have driven from Fallon to Vegas on the 95, Truckee to Utah on the I80, and Reno to Utah on the 50, as well as the 447 up to the Oregon border.

Reno is a crazy place.  It literally has everything from skiing to hot desert within 45 minutes, as well as all the trappings of a big city and small town.

They should teach the kids how to play the odds, though...

The 447... wow. I may never encounter another person outside of the locals who knows that stretch. 

Moved to Reno in 2010 and while it has grown.. it still has a small town feel to it. My hometown, Boise, has changed so much as to be unrecognizable. It does have a bit of everything within a few hours drive. Wine country starts at 90 minutes west, 4 hours to San Francisco, 5 hours to the Redwoods, 4 hours to Yosemite, Tahoe is 45 minutes, and then if you travel east (as you know) is the big wide open nothing. 

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - well sure - but at the end of the day all that means is you can't say if it is or is not being taught in schools.

As discussed - the lack of name doesn't' tell us much.

It also doesn't preclude the possibility that it IS being taught and that it's just not referred to as CRT.

I'm sure there are those who will refer to anything as CRT -  but i'm equally certain there are those who will teach crt and elements of crt and pretend it isn't.  So while i'm quite willing to believe that you've never seen it as a part of the curriculum under that name, as you yourself note you wouldn't be able to say if it was being taught or not.

There is a possibility but if you want to be philosophical.. there is a possibility of anything. Some random teacher in Las Vegas could be teaching about satanism. However, the idea that it is widespread and/or ubiquitous is unlikely. My wife teaches middle school and if it was widespread.. it would have came up at least a few times since June 2010.. would you agree?