Who REALLY owes slave reparations?

If you are going to claim that property (either physical property stolen from a certain family or work product) is stolen by way of SLAVERY and should be compensated with reparations, here are the ones who should be paying reparations.

th?id=OIP.aNsccbFCrNH1IhCNcW0szQHaD4&pidth?id=OIP.ekm27k7XVziuOwRpzB1SxQHaE7&pidth?id=OIP.5Psc5AA2b9n_KH7REnpYYAHaEK&pid

And here are the slaves who are owed compensation. They're probably still alive today.

slaves.thumb.jpg.87ac914621a62f3f5ce8125b5975e554.jpg

Not much different from this.

slaves2.jpg

Edited by reason10
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, reason10 said:

If you are going to claim that property (either physical property stolen from a certain family or work product) is stolen by way of SLAVERY and should be compensated with reparations, here are the ones who should be paying reparations.

th?id=OIP.aNsccbFCrNH1IhCNcW0szQHaD4&pidth?id=OIP.ekm27k7XVziuOwRpzB1SxQHaE7&pidth?id=OIP.5Psc5AA2b9n_KH7REnpYYAHaEK&pid

And here are the slaves who are owed compensation. They're probably still alive today.

slaves2.jpg

Are you kidding? The slaves in the second picture have it WAY worse.  I mean they didn't even have color or anything.

Slavery/reparations is just a topic for creating division, nothing else. 

For leftists, one of the ultimate things that you can do to gain stooge cred is latch onto the shiniest, most ridiculous leftard slogan and act like you believe it right down to the bottom of your stupid little heart. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Slavery/reparations is just a topic for creating division, nothing else. 

For leftists, one of the ultimate things that you can do to gain stooge cred is latch onto the shiniest, most ridiculous leftard slogan and act like you believe it right down to the bottom of your stupid little heart. 

They target whatever group they feel is most afraid or the most angry.  Fear and anger have been selling snake oil for shysters for 2000 years now.  And basically  the left  wing these days is like if the shysters and the mafia had a love child and it's demanding you use it's preferred pronoun.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Are you kidding? The slaves in the second picture have it WAY worse.  I mean they didn't even have color or anything.

Worse, THEY'RE DEAD. They are no longer slaves. In fact, they no longer resemble human beings. And Africa certainly has a low opinion of them. Every African national I've met (back when I was in college and hanging with a Trinidadian lawyer who dealt mostly in immigration) said the same thing: American blacks are inferior. They were too stupid to let themselves get sold into slavery. (ALMOST EXACT WORDS OF THOSE MEN.) Hell, I had a college professor from Nigeria who actually told the class the same thing, and none of us DARED react.

The first picture are slaves who ACTUALLY DESERVE REPARATIONS. And it is the CHINESE GOVERNMENT as well as the NBA and NFL that owes them reparations.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

They target whatever group they feel is most afraid or the most angry.  Fear and anger have been selling snake oil for shysters for 2000 years now.  And basically  the left  wing these days is like if the shysters and the mafia had a love child and it's demanding you use it's preferred pronoun.

Actually, this reparations bullshit is the left's LAST CHANGE to buy back the black vote.

2 hours ago, reason10 said:

slaves2.jpg

We have never, and will never hold the people liable for the sins of our ancestors just as we've never held the children liable for the sins of their fathers.

Therefore, I do not support reparations and I predict that slave reparations will never happen.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

We have never, and will never hold the people liable for the sins of our ancestors just as we've never held the children liable for the sins of their fathers.

Therefore, I do not support reparations and I predict that slave reparations will never happen.

Yeah, me neither.  Hell, imagine what we would owe women!

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I agree

2 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

There are however cases where institutions are held liable for crimes committed by people long since dead. Institutions like governments and churches were created by people to represent and carry their values forward into the future beyond their lifespans. It stands to reason these should also carry their liabilities, especially where they spent another lifetime denying they had anything to do with anything.

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There are however cases where institutions are held liable for crimes committed by people long since dead.

I can't think of an example of any off the top of my head.  I can think of maybe a few who've later admitted that things that happened a long time ago were bad but i can't think of any that were held liable.

I feel like that would be like jews suing spain for the inquisition.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

There are however cases where institutions are held liable for crimes committed by people long since dead. Institutions like governments and churches were created by people to represent and carry their values forward into the future beyond their lifespans. It stands to reason these should also carry their liabilities, especially where they spent another lifetime denying they had anything to do with anything.

I agree. Recently in Los Angeles, a beach that had been stolen by the city from a black family in the 1920's was given back to the family. I fully supported this. 

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.npr.org/2023/01/04/1146879302/bruces-beach-la-county-california&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwju3cD31KT_AhVAN0QIHcQ-CsgQFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw1ADDGLIPp82UIHcIoa4350

24 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

I agree. Recently in Los Angeles, a beach that had been stolen by the city from a black family in the 1920's was given back to the family. I fully supported this. 

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.npr.org/2023/01/04/1146879302/bruces-beach-la-county-california&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwju3cD31KT_AhVAN0QIHcQ-CsgQFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw1ADDGLIPp82UIHcIoa4350

That is a little different tho. Despite headlines and such they didn't "win" it back and no court argued that it was 'owed' back - in fact the family had no legal recourse. The state simply heard the case and decided that they would go out of their way to give it back, which actually required changes to the law to make possible.  And even then they didn't actually give it back, they basically just agreed to pay for it. The family had no option of keeping the land.

SO that was more like a charitable thing than an actual example of restitution or reparations being owed or the like.  That would be like Eyeball deciding to donate a lump sum of cash to a black family because he felt that it was the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

SO that was more like a charitable thing than an actual example of restitution or reparations being owed or the like.  That would be like Eyeball deciding to donate a lump sum of cash to a black family because he felt that it was the right thing to do.

Nothing wrong with that.  

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Nothing wrong with that.  

No, there's nothing wrong with that at all.  A very specific case with very specific and identified people who could legitimately said to be directly wronged for an identifyable amount and the state looked at it and said 'you know what, we could fix that and it would be the right thing to do".  

Frankly i've always felt that the japanese who's land and property we stole during the war while we locked them up in internment camps deserved the same.

But - that is a far far cry from "reparations" to the distant decendents of a group that were generally wronged instead of specifically, to be paid by the people who did nothing wrong.

Slavery was bad.  But so was women not being allowed to vote or have a say in their country, so was the irish slaves in America, so was a lot of things. We strive to make our world better than it was before and that's what makes both canada and the us great - and with luck the next generation will improve on us, and the one after will improve on them and we'll keep moving forward. Our responsibility and liability is to the future, not the past.

9 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

We strive to make our world better than it was before and that's what makes both canada and the us great 

I don't know who this we is that you're talking about because there's no shortage of people who strive to complain about it.  Why they take it so personally is a bit of a mystery.  You often get the sense it's simply the old I-don't-want-to-pay-for-it sentiment but some people just relish being a sphincter.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don't know who this we is that you're talking about because there's no shortage of people who strive to complain about it. 

That's been a new thing, where people only complain. Frankly the current generation is failing to do it's job.  Hopefully the one after will learn.  As a species sometimes we're going to stumble, but at the end of the day all we can do is pick up and move forward.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Why they take it so personally is a bit of a mystery.  You often get the sense it's simply the old I-don't-want-to-pay-for-it sentiment but some people just relish being a sphincter.

It's neither. Certain groups have rediscovered the fact that getting people mad or afraid works wonders in motivating them to do what you want, and that tribalism is a great way to make both happen.

Now that we've started down that route it's self perpetuating. And even people who are more open minded wind up getting pushed into one camp or another more often than not.

As an early immigrant to this country, north of the border, I had no connection to colonialism or institutions that benefited from it. There are white families and institutions that did benefit from colonial practices?

How did a white family today benefit from a colonialism that occurred over 200 YEARS AGO? What do you define as a benefit?

Is it a benefit that people living in the US today enjoy the highest standard of living in the world and in the history of the world. Are you suggesting that someone in the Colonial days was ripped off in order to give us that benefit 200 years later? Who would that someone be, and who would his/her ancestors today be?

Can ANYONE name a slave (other than Dred Scott--from which Roe V. Wade was written) that create ANYTHING that benefited ANYONE today? Can ANYONE name the person who has benefited?

Only white families? No black families? Yes, Africa sold its blacks into slavery and blacks like Oprah, Michael Jordan, Barak Saddam Hussein Obama are all multi millionaires. So if a certain number of blacks managed through their own efforts to get rich, how could the street level bum blacks be entitled to ANYTHING from someone who was not alive when their alleged predecessors were sold into slavery?

There are poor white trash as well, living in poverty. Just like low life blacks, the poor white trash is there due to their decisions and choices. Tell us AGAIN why they should be entitled to a PENNY from a white or Asian family TODAY, if there are no lineage records documenting what was taken and who it was taken from.