Florida travel advisory from Senator Scott

IzIkhyA.png

Stay in your shithole Nazi blue state and continue to elect more and more retards to spend your state into bankruptcy. We have the best economy and the best schools in America and we don't need your dumb Nazi asses here.

Oh, and WE'RE GIVING YOU THE ILLEGAL ALIENS UNELECTED JOE TRIES TO SNEAK INTO OUR STATE. Choke on it, bitttches.

What? You don't like it, goose steppers? PROVE IT WRONG OR SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.

A or B. Easy enough.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

Honestly.. have zero interest in ever visiting Florida, Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina. The politics is not the big issue. I do not like humidity and they have none of the outdoor recreation that I am used to finding in NV, ID, OR, WY, MT, or UT. Places like this (below) are what draw me to your state.. FL has none. 

image.jpeg.a33bb72250fa7a7897c525ea18f8070e.jpeg

Florida is an acquired taste. This is no place for sissies. It's a rough environment, either to visit on vacation or build a business. It is the most beautiful place on earth and has the best elected officials (elected by the best educated populace) but is is no place for people who think things will be easy.

If you want to enjoy nature, Florida has the most beautiful natural scenery in the world, but you gotta wear a ton of sunscreen and bug spray. If you like theme parks, Central Florida is MECCA for you, but it has the absolute WORST traffic of all. If you like to just sit and look at the ocean, Florida's coastline is the envy of America. But it IS in the path of hurricanes, and that nice little vista could turn into a ten foot storm surge that sweeps your home away.

3 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Florida is an acquired taste. This is no place for sissies. It's a rough environment, either to visit on vacation or build a business. It is the most beautiful place on earth and has the best elected officials (elected by the best educated populace) but is is no place for people who think things will be easy.

If you want to enjoy nature, Florida has the most beautiful natural scenery in the world, but you gotta wear a ton of sunscreen and bug spray. If you like theme parks, Central Florida is MECCA for you, but it has the absolute WORST traffic of all. If you like to just sit and look at the ocean, Florida's coastline is the envy of America. But it IS in the path of hurricanes, and that nice little vista could turn into a ten foot storm surge that sweeps your home away.

You like it and I do not. I do not romanticize the beach. I would rather be in the mountains in a place like Western Montana. Humidity, bugs, insufferable heat... hard pass. 

You like it and I do not. I do not romanticize the beach. I would rather be in the mountains in a place like Western Montana. Humidity, bugs, insufferable heat... hard pass. 

I would probably go as far as Colorado. And I'd love taking a small speedboat on those gorgeous mountain lakes. But the winters there are species ending times.

At my age now, I may romanticize the beach, but never during the summer and not without a ton of sunscreen on my face. I live on the Gulf coast, and the Gulf is breathtaking. But at the same time, it can be uncomfortable.

17 minutes ago, reason10 said:

I would probably go as far as Colorado. And I'd love taking a small speedboat on those gorgeous mountain lakes. But the winters there are species ending times.

At my age now, I may romanticize the beach, but never during the summer and not without a ton of sunscreen on my face. I live on the Gulf coast, and the Gulf is breathtaking. But at the same time, it can be uncomfortable.

To each their own. I can be out on the Nevada desert with no one around for 50 miles in any direction and I do not find it ugly, unappealing, or intimidating. I am glad that most people do not have the will power or desire to find the various oases or green spots in the mountains. It leaves myself (or myself with my two kids) alone with the whole place to ourselves. That wide open emptiness is not found in FL as far as I can tell. 

Had property in the US for almost 30 years but got rid of it in 2017.  Even though I live 5 km from the border I haven't been across it since the spring of 2020. Haven't missed it a bit. It's been Mexico for me since then, although I am going to Maui this winter with my daughter's family. Her idea, not mine. My first trip to the US in almost 4 years.  

11 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

To each their own. I can be out on the Nevada desert with no one around for 50 miles in any direction and I do not find it ugly, unappealing, or intimidating. I am glad that most people do not have the will power or desire to find the various oases or green spots in the mountains. It leaves myself (or myself with my two kids) alone with the whole place to ourselves. That wide open emptiness is not found in FL as far as I can tell. 

Florida might have remained the uninhabited natural paradise of the world had it not been for Frigidaire and the invention of Freon.

5 minutes ago, reason10 said:

You wonder how the Arabs deal with the Sahara.

They do not do a lot of work. Not trying to demean them but have read considerably about them. Those that live in the most extreme locations in the Sahara and Saudi Arabia spend  just enough time outside to get by. Lots of time spent indoors waiting out the sun. Also, their darker skin does help.. not as much as we think but still make the intense sun more tolerable. 

They do not do a lot of work. Not trying to demean them but have read considerably about them. Those that live in the most extreme locations in the Sahara and Saudi Arabia spend  just enough time outside to get by. Lots of time spent indoors waiting out the sun. Also, their darker skin does help.. not as much as we think but still make the intense sun more tolerable. 

See,THIS is where I have a MAJOR problem with RACE sociology. What separates African blacks from Caucasian whites, is SKIN COLOR. The SUN colors the skin. Maybe Africans are black because they've spent so much time in the sun. Maybe Caucasians (usually from Nordic countries) did not.

I'd like to think that we are ALL humans, brothers under the skin. Notice which side of the aisle always trots out color when they lose arguments to conservatives.

1 minute ago, reason10 said:

See,THIS is where I have a MAJOR problem with RACE sociology. What separates African blacks from Caucasian whites, is SKIN COLOR. The SUN colors the skin. Maybe Africans are black because they've spent so much time in the sun. Maybe Caucasians (usually from Nordic countries) did not.

I'd like to think that we are ALL humans, brothers under the skin. Notice which side of the aisle always trots out color when they lose arguments to conservatives.

Well some of this is the directness of the UV rays. The sun exposure that you get in finland is not as intense as what you would get in Sierra Leone. 

Back to the arabs and those who live in the extreme climates.. they do so by conserving energy. 

On a random note.. even native americans knew better than try to live in what we now call Death Valley, Southern Nevada, Central Nevada, or Eastern Oregon. If one was walking northbound from the Humboldt River in northern Nevada.. one may not see surface water for 150 miles or more. 

1 minute ago, impartialobserver said:

Well some of this is the directness of the UV rays. The sun exposure that you get in finland is not as intense as what you would get in Sierra Leone. 

Back to the arabs and those who live in the extreme climates.. they do so by conserving energy. 

On a random note.. even native americans knew better than try to live in what we now call Death Valley, Southern Nevada, Central Nevada, or Eastern Oregon. If one was walking northbound from the Humboldt River in northern Nevada.. one may not see surface water for 150 miles or more. 

Kinda like the Calihari bushmen.

Just now, reason10 said:

Kinda like the Calihari bushmen.

random and off topic but a good friend from high school moved to Panama City, FL. We went to high school in Boise, Idaho. It has always amazed how he is willing to take a not-so-great job in order to live there. He is a glorified janitor for some warehouse. If I can remember right, is some fitness equipment warehouse on the east end of town. Still, graduated in may 1996 and he was in FL by July 1996 and has stayed ever since. 

8 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

random and off topic but a good friend from high school moved to Panama City, FL. We went to high school in Boise, Idaho. It has always amazed how he is willing to take a not-so-great job in order to live there. He is a glorified janitor for some warehouse. If I can remember right, is some fitness equipment warehouse on the east end of town. Still, graduated in may 1996 and he was in FL by July 1996 and has stayed ever since. 

Two schools of thought about Panama City.

Pro: It supposedly has the most pristine and beautiful beaches in Florida.

Con: Most Floridians refer to that section as Lower Alabama, kind of like they view Jacksonville as lower Georgia. Some Florida beauty with a lot of DEEP SOUTH culture muddying the cultural waters.

I've never been there so I reserve judgment.

16 hours ago, reason10 said:

Two schools of thought about Panama City.

Pro: It supposedly has the most pristine and beautiful beaches in Florida.

Con: Most Floridians refer to that section as Lower Alabama, kind of like they view Jacksonville as lower Georgia. Some Florida beauty with a lot of DEEP SOUTH culture muddying the cultural waters.

I've never been there so I reserve judgment.

more randomness.. I had to turn it down for other reasons but one of our committees is having a convention in Bradenton, FL. It is interesting how most of these committee members are from the upper Midwest and they love their southern cities (Charleston SC, Savannah GA, Mobile AL, and now Bradenton, FL)

41 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

more randomness.. I had to turn it down for other reasons but one of our committees is having a convention in Bradenton, FL. It is interesting how most of these committee members are from the upper Midwest and they love their southern cities (Charleston SC, Savannah GA, Mobile AL, and now Bradenton, FL)

Bradenton is VERY crowded, especially since they've been working on I-75. Certain times a day it is a nightmare driving through that place.