Eroding democracies: Turkey, Hungary, Georgia... Canada?

1 hour ago, myata said:

Right, you don't even need a flash moment's thinking. Talk about mental laziness)

and you think your posts here are examples of intellectual industry?  ?

Whining requires zero effort.  It just needs a bad attitude.  Nothing is easier than moping around and vaguely/generally complaining about everything.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

and you think your posts here are examples of intellectual industry?  ?

Whining requires zero effort.  It just needs a bad attitude.  Nothing is easier than moping around and vaguely/generally complaining about everything.  

You realize you jumped into that conversation to whine and mope and generally complain, right?  :)  Just sayin' :) 

11 hours ago, myata said:

On this point, I cannot quite agree. The population in Canada in the political and social matters is mentally lazy and complacent. The political system has been stagnating for decades, approaching the point of decay and nobody seems to be concerned. The problem in the States on the other hand, is partisan division. The causes eroding the democracy and its institutes can be different; but once they are gone, effectively, the outcomes could be quite similar.

Canada... mentally lazy, complacent, economically sound, high standard of living, no distinctly different nationalities on 6 sides.

Hungary.. economically mediocre, history of conflict, fiercely nationalistic, other fiercely nationalistic minorities from other nations attempting to cross your border. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

You realize you jumped into that conversation to whine and mope and generally complain, right?  :)  Just sayin' :) 

For someone who argues I follow him around on the forum, you sure do respond to a lot of my posts.  ?

Your mountain of clueless irony grows.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Whining requires zero effort.

Putin is a totalitarian tyrant. Un is a totalitarian despot. Canada's is a facade, ineffective, inefficient and soon or already, dysfunctional democracy.

You call it "whining"? I call these, facts. The nature of facts never changes, only the eyes and interpretation.

1 hour ago, impartialobserver said:

economically sound,

Not so fast.. economically sound, only while the resources, and prices for them last. The economy is lazy and monopolized from telecom to supermarket sector. It only takes a few bumps.

high standard of living,

We like to keep repeating that, but did you check the latest numbers on the inflation and the cost of living? "Higher" may not mean "high" anymore or does it?

fiercely nationalistic, other fiercely nationalistic minorities

As said, there can be different underlying causes for erosion of democracy. They may converge to roughly the same or similar outcomes. Past is not any guarantee of the future, as the dinosaurs learned.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

For someone who argues I follow him around on the forum, you sure do respond to a lot of my posts.  ?

"One" is not a lot :)  Unless we're talking about murders.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Your mountain of clueless irony grows.  

Wooopsie - triggered leftie got triggered :)   I know how much you hate being shown how ... ummm.... less than smart you are.  I really shouldn't do it to you so often.

But - i do find it highly amusing that you missed the clueless irony of accusing me of clueless irony for pointing out your clueless irony LOL!!!!!!

Stay classy big guy :) 

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure i did   - but i wasn't the one chewing someone out for it :P 

I know - that would have required you to think of TWO things at once to realize that and that was probably asking too much :) 

Yup OK  ?

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

"One" is not a lot :)  Unless we're talking about murders.

Wooopsie - triggered leftie got triggered :)   I know how much you hate being shown how ... ummm.... less than smart you are.  I really shouldn't do it to you so often.

But - i do find it highly amusing that you missed the clueless irony of accusing me of clueless irony for pointing out your clueless irony LOL!!!!!!

Stay classy big guy :) 

Triggered?  ?  There's that projection again.  

The only thing more pathetic than a no life loser wasting his day trolling internet forums is when he's not even good at it.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Triggered?  ?  There's that projection again.  

Projection! Deflection! GET BACK HERE WITH THOSE GOALPOSTS!!!

The battlecry of every leftie here when they get caught doing something :)  LOL

27 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The only thing more pathetic than a no life loser wasting his day trolling internet forums is when he's not even good at it.  

Oh come on- you may be a no life loser who wastes your day trolling internet forums (god knows you don't contribute to the conversation) but Pathetic?  you?  

Hmmmm - well maybe you do have a point :)

Have i hurt your feelings enough to justify a meme yet?

22 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

CdnFox . . . . you've added new meaning to the words nuisance and obnoxious.

Keep that post count up my friend !

Noxious banana, you've added new meaning to the words useless and banal. Get a brain :)

But it's nice to see ALL the losers on the forum coming together for a change :)   Moonbox and ExFlyer can't debate me directly so they're reduced to this nonsense to try to cope - what's your excuse? You're like a little dog that runs out and barks and then runs away again.  Why are you here at all?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Comparisons with Turkey are a little OTT.

There are, of course, different degrees of erosion as different milestones on a path. The comparison is in the process, not the current actual state, the progress. Most authoritarian paths have pretty close destinations though, as the history shows. Regardless of the flavor of the ideology most end up with suppression and eventually, repression. In Canada we are beginning to see the early stages of suppression of "unwanted", note: not legally criminal, views and ideas. An early diagnosis can help, but only if there's medicine.