Eroding democracies: Turkey, Hungary, Georgia... Canada?

54 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The news media is "supposed" to be impartial. It has been warped and corrupted.

News media has never been impartial, ever. Even those which don't take positions have to make decisions on what they cover.

Impartiality is in the eye of the beholder. 

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

News media has never been impartial, ever. Even those which don't take positions have to make decisions on what they cover.

That is the key.

Liberals follow and believe liberal media and conservative follow and believe conservative media. Other religions follow and believe their media.

There are more trustworthy media and you need to look at them all to filter out the partisanship.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

While this is partially true...its only partially true.

A real "democracy" provides the electorate opportunities to vote in their preferred candidate based of the information they are given by the media. However...if said media does not present the entire spectrum of a candidate's positions, the electorate is destined to cast votes without knowing all the facts.

This sort of BS has been happening with more and more regularity. The media chooses sides and promotes that side while demeaning the other side. That's called propaganda. The kind found in places like Russia...NAZI Germany...Communist China...and today its happening the USA and Canada.

That's not real democracy...its fascism.

Absolutely. There's an old saying, i forget the author - "I don't want to be the leader, i want to control the selection process".

The CBC is the one that really tips the scales, because as a state broadcaster it's SUPPOSED to be neutral and people tend to take it that way. There's a lot of people for whom it's the only real media source they consume regularly.

Then you get the gov't itself, working hard to control the information getting out there.  Now - most gov'ts do that but an aggressive media and effective opposition tend to counter balance that.  But - most of the media goes very light on the gov't and doesn't ask the tough questions or dig into scandals. And they underreport on negative stories for the gov't. and overreport on negative stories for the party they don't like.

The more you control the flow of information the more you control the outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

You do that and you go to jail, if you mean the physical.

I will film them and make rating while their parents will do the adjustment. If not their parents, then Uncle Sam will take it and go after the ones that cross the line. 

Not all MAGAs were arrested on Jan 6th because not all of them crossed the line, however, when they do, the state, Uncle Sam, Uncle Sugar or concerned PRIVATE everyday Joe citizens will form some sort of practical ideas that do not involve violence, why would you want to share a jail cell to adjust them?!

Police takes all parties when there is violence and why pay money to lawyers?! You do that if you want to adjust them. 

Did I say I would beat on them? No. A nice visit to jail might do the trick. But they need to be prosecuted.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Perhaps not completely but in today's media, its gotten stupid.

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

However...if said media does not present the entire spectrum of a candidate's positions, the electorate is destined to cast votes without knowing all the facts.

Could it be because a real democracy is a combination of all those instruments in a functional and working order now a portrait of the holy democratic guru on the wall?

Just curious: a Constitution that cannot be changed, just not possible a can of worms; we gave ourselves a bunch of prerogatives we don't need to explain or justify to the citizens; "we face accountability (maybe) once in five years". And we can shut down any inquiry we don't happen to like.

Who made it like that? What bunch of geniuses? What sense does it make? Why couldn't it make at least some sense? Could only random innocent simplicity produce such a funny result? Or a smart insidious intent?

46 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, all that cross the line need to be prosecuted. Because a lot of Trump fans were carrying banners against a system like sports fans and they were never touched as they should not have. 

Only when people cross the line, like engaging in destruction such as defacing <- property or entering the Capitol -> then the bill comes to pay.

The House takes it all. You find such profiles in every country, all of them fighting for their idea of freedom meanwhile the boys in blue are waiting for them and a life of working minimum wage, if that.

Yet...when was the investigation into BLM? How many of them got prosecuted...labelled terrorists...sent to jail?

The US justice system is corrupt as hell and its fcking obvious now.

Edited by Nationalist

3 minutes ago, myata said:

Could it be because a real democracy is a combination of all those instruments in a functional and working order now a portrait of the holy democratic guru on the wall?

Just curious: a Constitution that cannot be changed, just not possible a can of worms; we gave ourselves a bunch of prerogatives we don't need to explain or justify to the citizens; "we face accountability (maybe) once in five years". And we can shut down any inquiry we don't happen to like.

Who made it like that? What bunch of geniuses? What sense does it make? Why couldn't it make at least some sense? Could only random innocent simplicity produce such a funny result? Or a smart insidious intent?

Who? Tell me...who do you think now owns the majority of The Quebec Power Corp?

When you find out...you'll know who and why.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Yet...when was the investigation into BLM? How many of them got prosecuted...labelled terrorists...sent to jail?

14,000+ arrests, hundreds of federal convictions (by summer 2021) and declassified reports of misuse of surveillance powers by the FBI fishing for links between BLM protestors and terrorists.

This information was a 10 second Google search away, but since it didn't show up on your Twitter feed so how were you ever supposed to know?  ?

Edited by Moonbox

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

14,000+ arrests, hundreds of federal convictions (by summer 2021) and declassified reports of misuse of surveillance powers by the FBI fishing for links between BLM protestors and terrorists.

This information was a 10 second Google search away, but since it didn't show up on your Twitter feed so how were you ever supposed to know?  ?

Really?  He was pretty specific that he was looking for investigations into BLM.  ANd who got prosecuted as a result.  I haven't heard of any and i didn't see any with a quick search - could you post that link you were using that shows that?

34 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Really?  He was pretty specific that he was looking for investigations into BLM.  ANd who got prosecuted as a result.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/over-300-people-facing-federal-charges-crimes-committed-during-nationwide-demonstrations

34 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I haven't heard of any and i didn't see any with a quick search - could you post that link you were using that shows that?

If you haven't heard of any, it's because you didn't want to.  

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

So you're back to just out and out lying.

BLM or Black Lives Matter isn't even mentioned once in that whole link. It doesn't even say they are blm protests that these people were attending.

So  this has nothing to do with blm.  You just made that up.

I don't know why i bother giving you the benefit of the doubt.

So you're unaware of any investigation of BLM for their roles in any of this and NOBODY has been charged as a result.  @Nationalist was right and you were not being an honest poster.

How's your twitter feed doing.

Edited by CdnFox
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

OK 2 things.

1. BLM...as far as I know...has gotten away with everything from incitement to riot, to out right fraud. While they crow away in their numerous new mansions.

2. Here's the last statement from your link...

An indictment and criminal complaint merely alleges that crimes have been committed.  The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

I find it interesting that the MSM ignored the convictions...until people complained about the Jan. 6 arrests and convictions.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So you're back to just out and out lying.

BLM or Black Lives Matter isn't even mentioned once in that whole link. It doesn't even say they are blm protests that these people were attending.

My god.  That's what the nation-wide protest movement was about, you absolute clown.  

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I don't know why i bother giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know why I bothered providing a source to you in the first place, given how rarely you're willing/able to provide your own and how predictably clueless your response was. 

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

OK 2 things.

1. BLM...as far as I know...has gotten away with everything from incitement to riot, to out right fraud. While they crow away in their numerous new mansions.

BLM as in what?  The actual specific organization?  Is that your problem?  The FBI didn't crash Alicia Garza's door in or something?  

I'm sure if she'd videotaped herself in tactical gear storming a government building, they might have done that.  

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I find it interesting that the MSM ignored the convictions...until people complained about the Jan. 6 arrests and convictions.

There were over 120 federal convictions with an average sentence of 27 months by summer 2021.  

35 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

My god.  That's what the nation-wide protest movement was about, you absolute clown.  

Prove it you lying sack of shit.

Prove that all those people were directly connected with black lives matter.

You can't - because you were lying and you know it.  But typical of you to double down.

35 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I don't know why I bothered providing a source to you in the first place,

Because you hoped people wouldn't check it and if they did you hoped you could gaslight them into thinking that this were all BLM arrests

Which you can't.

Once  again you've been exposed as a liar.  Yawn.

Try telling the truth next time. Just to mix it up.

25 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

BLM as in what?  The actual specific organization?  Is that your problem?  The FBI didn't crash Alicia Garza's door in or something?  

So you admit you were lying and weren't talking about BLM before.

25 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There were over 120 federal convictions with an average sentence of 27 months by summer 2021.  

None of which had anything to do with BLM apparently.

You can see what he's doing here @Nationalist  He knows he lost the point, and he's angry it was discovered he "bent the truth" in his reply where he made fun of you, and now he's going to try to change the argument from your point to "does BLM actually mean BLM or does it mean just people who riot".

BLM was not investigated for this, no blm people were arrested as a result of such an investigation.

But they should have been.  Even if the people arrested weren't blm, for those demonstrations that turned into riots that BLM organized directly they should be held to account.

Moonbox just doesn't want to talk about that.  Doesn't fit the leftie propaganda points.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Where did I admit that?   

Are you literally trying to argue that BLM had absolutely nothing to do with the millions of people that protested in 2020?  George Floyd never happened?  ?

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You can see what he's doing here @Nationalist He knows he lost the point, and he's angry it was discovered he "bent the truth" in his reply where he made fun of you

aaand the projection again.  

You and Nationalist, the Trumpy election denier - what a great combo.  ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

The news media is "supposed" to be impartial. It has been warped and corrupted.

The media that "has been warped and corrupted." depends on what side of the political spectrum you live :)

Edited by ExFlyer

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Where did I admit that?   

Are you literally trying to argue that BLM had absolutely nothing to do with the millions of people that protested in 2020?  George Floyd never happened?  ?

You must realize by now that anything he does not agree with means you are lying LOL

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Where did I admit that?   

Above. Jeez dude if you don't read your own posts how can you expect us to?

Ohhh look - he's losing the argument so once again he's changing the topic.

The question was - was blm investigated and were people charged as a result.  And you know the answer and you lied about it so now you're trying to change the subject to one you think you can win.

The answer is they weren't.  Protesters were,  and it's possible some were BLM supporters (it doesn't mention - it doesn't even mention how many were counter protesters), but BLM was not.

Fact is - i DO believe BLM had something to do with organizing a lot of riots, if not these ones in particular then others.  And i think as @Nationalist said, they should have been investigated and prosecuted.

But they weren't.  Were they.

AAAAANND lying again to cover your own failings.  "projection deflection and 'get back here with those goalposts" are all key words for the left that mean "Oh shit, he's right but i can't just admit that"

When i have i ever denied the election?

Oh that's right - you're trying to change the channel again.

Can't discuss the original point because you know you've already got caught lying about it.

Pathetic.   Try being truthful next time. It'll serve you better .

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You can see what he's doing here @Nationalist  He knows he lost the point, and he's angry it was discovered he "bent the truth" in his reply where he made fun of you, and now he's going to try to change the argument from your point to "does BLM actually mean BLM or does it mean just people who riot".

BLM was not investigated for this, no blm people were arrested as a result of such an investigation.

But they should have been.  Even if the people arrested weren't blm, for those demonstrations that turned into riots that BLM organized directly they should be held to account.

Moonbox just doesn't want to talk about that.  Doesn't fit the leftie propaganda points.

I know. These Libbies have no honour. Its all about hatred for them. Unfortunately, they've managed to cow the judiciary and the media. That BLM org is as dirty as a 2-bit whore and everyone knows it. But does anyone do anything about it? Hell no! That would be "racist".

These jack-asses actually magnify any racism that might exist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

I know. These Libbies have no honour. Its all about hatred for them. Unfortunately, they've managed to cow the judiciary and the media. That BLM org is as dirty as a 2-bit whore and everyone knows it. But does anyone do anything about it? Hell no! That would be "racist".

These jack-asses actually magnify any racism that might exist.

(emphasis by me)

This is my big problem.  I mean, there's lots of corrupt charities and special interests out there.  PETA is horrible as an example.

But - these guys are doing REAL harm and promoting racism rather than fighting it.  And they're spreading violence and real damages. They go beyond corruption.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Above. Jeez dude if you don't read your own posts how can you expect us to?

Ohhh look - he's losing the argument so once again he's changing the topic.

The question was - was blm investigated and were people charged as a result.  And you know the answer and you lied about it so now you're trying to change the subject to one you think you can win.

The answer is they weren't.  Protesters were,  and it's possible some were BLM supporters (it doesn't mention - it doesn't even mention how many were counter protesters), but BLM was not.

Fact is - i DO believe BLM had something to do with organizing a lot of riots, if not these ones in particular then others.  And i think as @Nationalist said, they should have been investigated and prosecuted.

But they weren't.  Were they.

AAAAANND lying again to cover your own failings.  "projection deflection and 'get back here with those goalposts" are all key words for the left that mean "Oh shit, he's right but i can't just admit that"

When i have i ever denied the election?

Oh that's right - you're trying to change the channel again.

Can't discuss the original point because you know you've already got caught lying about it.

Pathetic.   Try being truthful next time. It'll serve you better .

Bolded is the only thing you said in that entire ramble that even had a kernel of a point, so I'll answer that first:

The personal beliefs of a clueless tool on the internet are not relevant for any sort of investigation.  Neither of us know who was actually investigated (or who may still be under investigation), but you do need evidence to prosecute.  Whether or not any of the BLM organization's leadership incited riots, we can probably assume they didn't tape themselves storming government buildings in tactical gear calling for the overthrow of the US government. 

The rest of your post?  Just more of your performative jackassery.  

• Like 2