Federal Liberals planning to change Canada's museums to woke museums

This is not a joke.  This is a fact.  Canadians need to wake up.

The Department of Heritage which apparently is based in Quebec is now receiving submissions and planning to change museums across Canada to woke museums (or indoctrination centres more accurately).  This is a form of social engineering, teaching Canadians how to think in the new woke ideology.  It is a form of Marxist top down mind control at taxpayer's expense.  Orwell's 1984 Big Brother is coming for us now.

Jamie Sarkonak: Coming soon from the Liberals — woke museums (msn.com)

See the federal government's website on this:

Discussion Guide – Renewal of the Canadian Museum Policy - Canada.ca

Edited by blackbird

Doesn't even affect his lot. They already don't go to museums, libraries, art galleries, symphonies, plays. Only woke people do.

The ones that get dragged their only want to hear about the Hudson Bay blanket's pretty colours, the number distributed, where, when and how.

• Haha 2

It's fascinating how some of these folk waste their day scouring the internet for hot-takes over which they can get outraged. 

Not many years ago it was the "SJW's" we were rolling our eyes at whenever they got their panties twisted.  Now the counter-culture has escalated it into hysterics.  

• Like 1

The last time I was at the National Museum of History (5 years ago) about three-fifths of the museum was given over to native history. I seem to recall an exhibit on gold, and maybe a visiting one from Egypt. There was very little about Canada after the white men arrived. I think even then the Museum felt ashamed of covering that at all. I don't know if there are museums in other cities that actually cover Canadian history, but the ones in Ottawa/Hull couldn't be bothered.

I suspect all this will do is give museum curators an opportunity to cover history since the arrival of Europeans in a way that will make them more comfortable, focusing on the evils of colonialism, the cruelty with which the natives were treated, the environmental damage, and things like the head tax for Chinese and refusing to allow ships full of Sikhs or Jews to land. I'm sure they'll find a way to insert sad stories of how women were treated badly and unequally, too. Then how racist we were towards all immigrants coming to Canada.

John A MacDonald will be mentioned prominently, but only with regard to natives and residential schools. No other PM will rate a mention. No accomplishments or triumphs will be shown. It will be a continuous sad litany of abuse and racism and homophobia and probably transphobia if they can figure a way to work that in.

Edited by I am Groot

8 hours ago, herbie said:

Doesn't even affect his lot. They already don't go to museums, libraries, art galleries, symphonies, plays. Only woke people do.

The ones that get dragged their only want to hear about the Hudson Bay blanket's pretty colours, the number distributed, where, when and how.

He’s probably a regular at that biblical “museum” in Kentucky that claims the earth is only 6,000 years old and humans rode dinosaurs 

So Beaver and I represent "the left", eh? The evil bogeymen who want to see "we shot the guards and stole Imhotep's mummy" and "he also used his assembly line as a war profiteer and Hitler admirer" added to displays. And want to 'groom' children and hear them say "Look Mommy! Neanderthals had boobies and wee-wees just like we do!"

9 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Not many years ago it was the "SJW's" we were rolling our eyes at whenever they got their panties twisted.

Yeah but to be fair you guys have been rolling your eyes at social justice forever so...

What I'm really astounded at is how woke so many conservatives are these days to BIG corporations and GINORMOUS governments in cahoots for no one's benefit but their own. Who saw that coming?

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah but to be fair you guys have been rolling your eyes at social justice forever so...

Sometimes it really does go too far and gets really silly - like cringeworthy, completely out-of-touch and worthlessly guilt-laden.  Even things like freaking bathrooms are ridiculous.  You can barely open a low-key food joint now without the feelings-police coming out and forcing you to do 5 digit bathroom renovations (up to very specific code) so that someone's 105 year old grandma doesn't have trouble pooping.  

The culture-warrior hysterics, however, have taken whatever kernel of reasonable sentiment there might be around this and turned it into an angry clown circus.    

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Sometimes it really does go too far and gets really silly - like cringeworthy, completely out-of-touch and worthlessly guilt-laden.  Even things like freaking bathrooms are ridiculous.  You can barely open a low-key food joint now without the feelings-police coming out and forcing you to do 5 digit bathroom renovations (up to very specific code) so that someone's 105 year old grandma doesn't have trouble pooping.  

The culture-warrior hysterics, however, have taken whatever kernel of reasonable sentiment there might be around this and turned it into an angry clown circus.

It's a world gone mad alright. I hope I live long enough to see how it all turns outv while knowing I should be careful for what I wish for.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

So Beaver and I represent "the left", eh? The evil bogeymen who want to see "we shot the guards and stole Imhotep's mummy" and "he also used his assembly line as a war profiteer and Hitler admirer" added to displays. And want to 'groom' children and hear them say "Look Mommy! Neanderthals had boobies and wee-wees just like we do!"

uuuuhhhh - yeah.

Well that certainly made the left look better.