Trudeau's friend says Trudeau is a wonderful man and there's no need for inquiries

2 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

CdnFox,  Specifically, what is your solution to the Liberal government problem?  You harangue fellow Canadians and imply that you have the solution . . . well, lead the way 'keyboard General' . . . 

Are you asking about what to do about the fact the army isn't getting what they want or are you asking how to get rid of the libs?
or are you just trying to be a shite head.  Can't tell if you're serious or not.

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Those two names will forever live on in the Regiments hall of fame, Hero's both of them...

even when he was a Corporal, Frank Mellish had a light around him, a presence

even Warrant Deroche never said anything to him, never chastised him

even Carl Deroche knew, Frank Mellish was a hero in the making

when I heard that he had been killed, and how he had been killed, to recover Rick's body

I was not surprised 

it's a tragedy that most Canadians do not even know their names

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

while the Laurentian elites through the Bank of Canada are able to print money to bribe the population into docility

you're not going to get any significant movement

you're just going have to wait out,

until the population starts to suffer the catastrophic consequences of the bad & corrupt governance

That whole sanity thing wasn't working out for you i take it.

37 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

\ I'm certainly not the best, nor close to it.

you've gone into harms way with the rifle company outside the wire, over & over

that is heroic unto itself

best is only a question of your resolve to go over the top with the brothers

three times into the breach, puts you in the pantheon

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Nice try at deflection . . . you knew my question.  Again, what is your solution to the Liberal problem?  You say others do nothing and you jmply you have the solution.

No - i don't know you're question. Which is why i asked. Apparently you don't either - it was a simple question to answer.

When you say the "problem" with the liberals it could mean many many things.  I don't know which 'problem' you mean. So i asked you to clarify WHICH problem you're trying to get rid of specifically, or if it was just getting rid of the libs in general.   Or just admit that you're  an asswipe if that's the case.  Seems like that's the case

You can't speak clearly and you can't answer a simple question like 'what do you mean' - and somehow it's me deflecting.

Go home child. The adults are talking. Come back when you can state clearly what you mean and answer simple questions like an effing grown up without being a complete dick

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not even close, while taking my Seniors leaders course there was an Arty guy with 8 tours in Afghanistan, and had won a medal for Bravery for conduct under fire...That guy was a deployment god, not counting tours in Bosnia

3 tours in Afghanistan was about average, I know lots of Royals with way more tours than 3, not so long ago it was common to see guys with a full rack of medals plus a few on the second row...my performance was nothing more than average,  when you compare me against the hero's i served with or along side, all i did was managed to come back alive. 

you have executed the role at the ultimate level

close combat under the harshest of conditions

you dove into the darkness, like an avenging Angel

not once, but three times, going back to into Hell, even knowing what you would face

yet you managed to come back, you have retained your humanity

that is heroism to me

God bless you

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Those two names will forever live on in the Regiments hall of fame, Hero's both of them...living up to those standards are reserved only for the best...

neither of them would ever put themselves above the regiment

they would both of course sing the praises of their brothers

particular those brothers who did 35 years, from the Inner German Border to Kandahar Province

just to have been 3 RCR, 4 CMBG

tip of spear with the best small army in the world

that alone is an infantry god

13 hours ago, Army Guy said:

...my performance was nothing more than average, 

average in the RCR

is elite in of itself

the highest standards of any infantry formation, best in the world

only another infantryman who has met that average standard

knows what you have sacrificed, what you have suffered,  what you have endured

Never Pass a Fault is a harsh realm

as an instructor, I've seen many men fall to the side of the road and collapse into tears

broken by Battleschool, never mind battalion

28 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

What are your 'step by step' solution(s) ?

Be specific.

Comprehend ?

indeed

politics has been supplanted by a culture war

and that war is a stalemate

thus there is no point in charging across no man's land simply to be entangled in the wire

something else has to give, above the level of politics

in the meantime, wait out, smoke em if you got em

10 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Again, what is your solution to the Liberal problem? 

every institution in Canada is in essence a Liberal institution

Canada has become a Liberal project by the Liberals being the Natural Governing Party

so now that the Liberals are imploding

that is a gravity well which inevitably pulls the entire Confederation down into a black hole

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

What are your 'step by step' solution(s) ?

Be specific.

Comprehend ?

Why the eff should i take the time to answer you? You're being a complete asshat and i haven't done a THING to you.  You attack me out of nowhere in a conversation you weren't part of, make a jackass of yourself  and now demand i give you  what you want.  which is no small thing.

Get your head out of your colon.

LAST chance to be moderately civil mr "keyboard general".  You sure are being tough behind a monitor. Smarten up.

Now sit back and grab a coffee and shut up.  This is going to take a while.

I'll give you a small amount of what you've asked for  as a show of good faith. If you want more details after this then POLITELY pm me and if you're serious about making use of the info we can get into details.

BUt the general steps are these, and some of them happen at the same time.

1 - Form a org (pretty easy).  The mission statement should address whatever it is that army guy feels should be happening but isn't specifically. Attempt to recruit a small number of people with talents that would be useful, such as those with experience with online forums or who know something about media or the like. 

2 - recruit. Go out and start making vetrans and their families aware. You can sell memberships or give them for free (or both), there's pros and cons to each, you'd have to decide based on that.  But you go to forums, you go to social media spaces where serving people and veterans hang out. You talk to the legions and do a deal to be able to promote there. Do youtube videos (very easy, i can show you how to do a great  job of writing them and shooting them super cheap). 

Once you've gotten the low hanging fruit under way, look at talking to ancilleries like police forces who are likely to  be supportive of the military. In the past you would also have gone to aide groups that the military has helped and work with them - like when the army helped with the ice storms in quebec or helped with the care homes in ontario etc etc.  Your goal is two fold - a large group you can spread information to and more importantly - a large number that you influence that you can show to a gov't. Obviously this is an ongoing project forever.

3.  Raise public awareness. -  once you've  become sufficiently established you go to the media, you start talking in chat rooms you get yoruselves on tv and radio,  and here's a big one that's free and easy - start a letter writing campaign to the editors at every paper to go in the 'letters to the editor' column.  This is OUTRAGEOUSLY effective and super simple and free. 

Media people these days are underpaid and underbudgeted - they don't have time to do stories like they want to in order to meet deadlines. So if YOU bring them an emotional newsstory with all the work already done and all they have to do is basically tidy it up and drop their name on it - you're their hero.

4- Fundraise - There's lots of ways and times to do this. It's a little complex so i'll just say that as you go and as elections approach there are several ways to raise money. Some of the work the org is doing if it gets big will require paid positions. And it will require money for advertising during elections. Its not hard - 300 grand a year is a nice easy target to work towards. But honestly you could do a lot of damage and have real impact even with 100 grand. That's chump change.

5.  Get Political. -  As you're recruiting and raising public awareness, you start to reach out to the political parties.  Don't favor one over another. Start meeting with local mp's and candidates, start asking to meet with the minister in charge.  Tell them in the next election you'll be actively scoring parties on their support, both real (for the gov't) and support (for opposition) and that you'll be making recommendations during the next election and PAYING TO ADVERTISE THAT. Form a PAC for the election.

And GET PEOPLE TO THE POLICY CONVENTIONS AND GET YOUR ISSUES PUT TO A VOTE.  This is actually pretty easy. Every time a party has a policy convention which is usually every couple of years per party  - work with party memembers to get a frikkin resolution on how to treat the military on the table.  Even if the vote fails it's publicity and you can use that to raise money, and if it passes you can hold the party to that.

Participate in the leadership races. Pressure candidates to have a stated policy on your issues and support and vote for the ones who agree to your issues, if any do.  Remember -  anyone can join a political party if they're not a member of another party, just buy one year memberships and participate. Political partes are going to get that message loud and clear.

DURING ELECTIONS -  Identify the battlefield ridings.  You do NOT need to be active in every riding - you DO need to be active in ridings that are close.  Where the winner is chosen by 10 percent of the vote or less, you can have a MAJOR impact. That's about 40 or 50 ridings. Whichever party has behaved well - you announce that and anounce the failure of the other parties and campaign hard for the 'good guys',  speaking to residents, spending advertising dollars and even volunteering for their campaign if you can swing it.

You would actually have a strong impact on who wins - and with that many seats in play that makes you a major political power.

VERY VERY quickly political parties will realize that they can't afford to have you pissed at them. That they strongly benefit from your support.  That gives you real power.

SIde note - "SPECIAL EVENTS".  Be ready to get extra active during special periods of history.  If public discussions are being held regarding military spending - be ready to speak up for your people.  IF THERE IS A WAR - or conflict - be ready to speak up and demand the returning soldiers are treated right and have proper services available. Not only does it get results for your people it also raises your public profile.

Now - i'm sure a lot of that sounds complicated.  It isn't .  It's actually very simple.

I'm also sure it sounds like a lot of work.  It is. It'll take a little time to build it up, but one thing about retired people is that they've got a little time and a lot of knowledge. It's not hard to do this, and as more people get involved the workload gets spread nicely.

I used to do a lot of that stuff in my spare time while working full time.

The number of members you would need to be a REAL powerful force that political parties couldn't ignore is only 30-50 thousand members.  There's 500, 000  vets and active service people out there - and they all have families who would love to support them, which probably puts the immediate number of probables at 1.5 million. That's before we even talk supportive public or orgs like cops.

So there you go. That's how to build an effective political force that will have actual impact and influence and will force WHATEVER gov't is in power to be very very very careful to keep vets and soldiers happy.

Probably my longest post - and for me that's saying something.

Now - take that and do something if you care about the issue - or don't and stop complaining.  But either way - STOP BEING A KUNT when i havne' t said a mean word to you ever. Dick.

Oh - side benefit to such an org -  as you do your job you'll run into lots of soldiers who are suffering. You'll be in a prime position to help them, directly and by helping them find other vetran's orgs and gov't services that will provide assistance and care, and maybe even ahve a small volunteer section to help out with a few things.  No sense in leaving it all up to the gov't.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Now - take that and do something if you care about the issue - or don't and stop complaining.  But either way - STOP BEING A KUNT when i havne' t said a mean word to you ever. Dick.

I think all of his posts were in regards to you attacking me, and Dougie...that and you being a Kunt.... for that i thank him, This is not the first time i or for that matter any vet has been attacked by Canadians much like you sir. like you have already said dicks come in all political parties....

Anyways on my behalf i want to thank you for showing us your true colors, nothing more than a political wanna be, and everyone loves a politician let alone a wanna be one.... who is claiming to be on a mission to save the country and the world, one issue at a time......I think conservatives all across the nation are hoping you volunteer for the NDP campaign instead, they are truly in need of your services, and your bubbling personality...  

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I think all of his posts were in regards to you attacking me, and Dougie...

it's like Friday night down at Sassy's and some Townie wants to go us

mind you, I was dating the most desirable girl in Petawawa

so I'm used to it

it's not whether you win nor lose

all you gotta do is show up ( in the parking lot in front of Sassy's )

Ex Coelis

Airborne

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

I think all of his posts were in regards to you attacking me, and Dougie

Why, because you're too weak to defend yourself? Is that how he sees you? You're so pathetic that if he doesn't dive in you'll go home crying?

Doesn't sound like he's got much of an opinion of you. I thought you could stand up for yourself.  Was i wrong? I can go easier on you if you feel like you can't take it.  I wouldn't want to permanently damage you emotoionally or anything. I'm sorry if i scarred you for life or the like.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Anyways on my behalf i want to thank you for showing us your true colors, nothing more than a political wanna be, and everyone loves a politician let alone a wanna be one.... who is claiming to be on a mission to save the country and the world, one issue at a time......I think conservatives all across the nation are hoping you volunteer for the NDP campaign instead, they are truly in need of your services, and your bubbling personality...  

Anyway i wanted to thank you for showing us you're true colours - a coward and a loser.  I seriously doubt you were ever even in the military - it would be a shame if our country was served by someone that pathetic.

Not only do you whine and cry instead of actualy standing up for your "fellow soldiers" , when i take the time to actually spell out how to do it all you can do is run crying behind others.

No wonder the public doesn't support our military - if you're an example then they're more likely to hang their head in shame than stand up.

See ya little guy - now that we know what you are i'll be sure not to mistakenly treat you like a man in the future.

25 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

96 days = 4,221 posts

44 per . . . 

That's your big defense?  You type slow and don't ppst as much? are you intimidated or something? Or is it you have no intelligent comments to add so you're just grasping at straws.

That's pathetic.  Another person who runs from facts he doesn't like.

You asked for how to deal with "liberals"  - i gave you a step by step rundown of how it works.  And i've actually done that before with success.  And anyone with even a touch of knowledge on the subject is going to recognize it as one of the 4 or 5 ways to create that kind of political change and i'ts one of the easiest and most scalable.

But all you can say is "Ummm errr duuuuh... you post a lot.".

Again - if the military people don't care about what's happening to the military people i don't know why on earth they would expect others would.  And that's ALL this started with - me saying "hey, if you think there's a problem you should fix it". 
I mean - how DAAARRREE i suggest people should be responsible for the issues they don't like

Yeash,

If you think it's not possible then fine - say so and explain why.  But if all you've got is "post count" .. then we're done here.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Why, because you're too weak to defend yourself? Is that how he sees you? You're so pathetic that if he doesn't dive in you'll go home crying?

Doesn't sound like he's got much of an opinion of you. I thought you could stand up for yourself.  Was i wrong? I can go easier on you if you feel like you can't take it.  I wouldn't want to permanently damage you emotoionally or anything. I'm sorry if i scarred you for life or the like.

Not sure why, you should ask him....  

Bring it on little man, Do you always feel the need to stand on others shoulders to feel like a man, by insulting people and pretending to be the defender of the crown ...I doubt you even get out of moms basement much , except when her boyfriend sends you for ice cream when they want some alone time.. Mom's a bit of a moaner right. 

He has shown me nothing but respect as most posters here have. It takes a little more than what you have to get under my skin but your free to try.

Ya your a scary guy, with some anger management problems, you must have some fantastic people skills , i mean i see them coming out in each of your posts...I can see what the conservative party see's in you....

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Anyway i wanted to thank you for showing us you're true colours - a coward and a loser.  I seriously doubt you were ever even in the military - it would be a shame if our country was served by someone that pathetic.

Not only do you whine and cry instead of actualy standing up for your "fellow soldiers" , when i take the time to actually spell out how to do it all you can do is run crying behind others.

No wonder the public doesn't support our military - if you're an example then they're more likely to hang their head in shame than stand up.

See ya little guy - now that we know what you are i'll be sure not to mistakenly treat you like a man in the future.

Yup coward and a loser, come on you can do way better than that, thats green party level stuff, show us your mettle defender of the crown.... I really don't care what you or anyone else think about my military career.. it's not as colorful as yours but it is mine....your great at giving advice, telling everyone to stand up take action...why have you not decided to run yourself instead of working in the back ground on someone else's campaign, becasue your a follower, a wanna be , a guy stuck in your moms basement, to afraid to take your own advice... Sorry but people are not interested in taking advice from someone that is a dick...whos ego is as large as Everest. 

The whole forum is still waiting in anticipation for your thoughts on how your going to save the nation...your going to be way to busy to worry about my issues...

I can hardly wait, i hope you up your game though, it's a little weak...

Edited by Army Guy