Trudeau's friend says Trudeau is a wonderful man and there's no need for inquiries

14 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Sorry, but in todays Canada there is well over 1 million Gay people, not counting all the other sub categories of the LGBTQ community, they have a massive effective lobby group. and todays woke culture it is fashionable to support this group.   

Canada's LGBTQ population now 1 million — but hate crimes are rising too: Statistics Canada | CBC News

While today there is less than 1/2 million vets...

1.0 Demographics - Facts and Figures - Veterans Affairs Canada

This issue is not a challenge that is going to be fixed, by veterans or all of their groups, Canadians are NOT interested in fixing it or setting it as something they would like to fix.... That takes public opinion, and tax dollars, regardless of how much lobbing or protesting goes on, and until that changes this will be the norm. Some problems are just beyond your control, mission impossible...

I'm not looking for a pity party, far from it, just telling it as it is, if it comes across that way thats not the message, that message is Canadians have let their vets down, along with everyone else that serves...it is not a vets and military problem to fix it is Canadians...and if they don't give a rats a$$, then why should i care what they think, is it some unwritten law that says i have to remain a loyal Canadian despite everything that happens...I served this nation for 35 years, I've watched young men die, or get grossly maimed, and i handled that as part of the job...I've done things to others in combat, and i'm still working through that, again part of the job, what i was not prepared for was for our nation to turn it's back on soldiers when they needed them the most...

Like getting help for the injuries... no work mans comp here, just a once in a life time time pay out if you qualify ... I've seen soldiers having to go to the hospital every year so the doctor can ensure their legs did not grow back in order to keep their government benefits like in home care, etc,  I've also seen the government refuse to help soldiers in need of benefits, like treatment for PTSD, or other injuries, i've been to over 30 funerals of soldiers that i served with, becasue they could not get the help they needed, and took the other way out... even more have had their lives destroyed by drugs and booze, failed marriages, famlies torn apart, reduced to a life of crime to support their habits, incarcerator for these problems. .......I've also seen men and women die becasue of our equipment was built by the cheapest bidder, All of these things Canadians have been bombarded with in the media, lobby groups, every Canadian who says they have not heard of these problems are lairs... and yet despite all of that no change, and there is no change on the horizon. Soldiers have lost faith in Canadians. 

And despite all of this, and all the groups that are out there trying to help, changes are still ongoing and come only when enough soldiers have died...or Canadians step up... and thats not very often... 

I'm not selling my country out for anyone, Nor am i going to hide behind not pledging allegiance to Canada but rather the Queen...my message is that Canada has not stood up for it's soldiers...and should not be surprised when it's own soldiers do not think very highly of them... and for them just to say get the feck out i don't like your opinions, ... why because we do not hold the same opinions as the ROC...for me thats chicken shit...i earned my place here, first by birth right, then by service, and by sacrifice... thats a little more than the average Canadian has done...i think dougie and all the others have earned their opinions, good or bad. you don't have to like them, but it does not make him or me any less Canadian than any others. 

As far as me back stabbing Canada, or slagging her...this is not a one way street, this has been decades in the making, being a soldier is a thankless endeavor, most know this before joining...there was i time i truly believed in our flag and our nation....that all changed once we we put in harms way with poor equipment or stupid policies, and i watched young men/ women die becasue we were to cheap to buy life saving equipment, and only when enough soldiers had died did they make an attempt at buying the good stuff...and when we got home, with broken minds and bodies, they were tossed to the streets, told to fend for themselves...And Canadians knew all of it...and watched...

For me personally my life is returning back to normal, I'm one of the lucky ones...many are not as lucky...

I don't judge the general population so harshly

there is a political elite in this land, and they are in control, and it is a minority, maybe 20%

doesn't matter how the population in general votes

the political elite have their own agenda and they impose it regardless

the vast majority of people I meet on the street agree with us, and despise the elites as well

that being said, there is nothing binding us to play along with these elites and their fake country

the Post National State has no loyalists, no patriots, no soldiers

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

the vast majority of people I meet on the street agree with us, and despise the elites as well

Then quit being cowards and DO something.  ORGANIZE.  Between retired and active service members and their families and direct groups like the cops who would support you, even before you go to the public your numbers are into the MILLIONS.

you could easily be a major factor in voting.

Depending on the year there's usually about 40 battlefield ridings in canada - more than enough to make the difference between minority and majority.  Get organized and target the hell out of them during an election and let it be known you'll do that every time and the party that does good things for vets gets support and the party that screwes them gets trashed.

It's NOT hard. But it takes work and a bit of courage. There is NO reason at all you can't be a major political force.

13 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Sure - they werne't that many when they started tho.  They won most of their rights when they were a quarter of that.

And how many milltary people are there - both serving and retired?  And how many of them have families  who care about them?

That's just the start.

The trans people are kicking ass these days and there's ony 75,000 of them. What's your excuse there?

Well if you're not, and you're obviously not, then why the hell would anyone else be?

I guess you'll have to sit and wait for someone else to come along and fix your problems for you. But - that'd be your choice. Not canadas.

Failures always have reasons why they fail, often before they fail. Winners never think about it. It's too bad you can't muster the same moral fibre and back bone as the gays and trans. Say what you like, those kids have balls.  (even when they say they don't. )

I guess the LGBTQ community are just better Canadians, than military people are. You make it sound like it is just way to easy to solve problems in this nation, just form a lobby group, you say, take to the streets you say, there are thousands of vets doing just that today, and they are making little progress. And what progress has been made, has been done by the public getting behind vets and soldiers, it is a very rare event. That fight is still ongoing. 

Canadians just don't give a rats ass about it's military or it's vets.... we have had this conversation once before, Your main concern is that a soldier had the nerve to insult the nation and it's citizens...Our nation gets insulted every day by many others in much more powerful positions than just a few soldiers....thats what got a bug in your ass, not that our soldiers are treated like shit, or it's vets even shitter....no sir your pissed off that a soldier would dare to say anything bad about the nation, the same nation that left him out in the cold, the same nation that shrugs it's shoulders and say so what, thats your problem fix it yourself... but the real problem is the government and Canadians thats the real problem...

You lecture about moral fibre, back bone, and having balls big enough to stand on, and yet almost everything in this country is broken, and Canadians are standing around watching, waiting for it to be fixed by someone else. You have posted about many things on this forum but have yet described how you sir, had the moral fibre, back bone and balls to step up and fix any of it...you sir are what we call in the army "the Idea man", your full of ideas, and advice but lack any form of action...i think in the civilian world they call you a politician.

Todays vets are tired of the excuses you and this country has given them, for not fixing something as easy as taking proper care of our vets, or giving them the equipment to come home from conflict safely... most of them have given it their all their entire careers, and have asked nothing in return, happy to retire and live happily ever after...

They excepted to be looked after if for what ever reason they become injured or maimed in the course of their duties, that unwritten rule means nothing to Canadians, it does not effect them, nor is it one of their priorities..... and from this side of the fence it looks like a huge middle finger...given to us by an ungrateful country...

Then you get surprised when a few of them have nothing positive to say about how things are today with in our nations military, and how this nation left them to hang out to dry...and some how that is our fault, becasue after fighting the  nations foreign policy abroad some how i need to find the strength to fight for rights already afforded most Canadians, well except those that signed on to unlimited liability, DND, RCMP, CSIS, Coast Gaurd, etc  all those mother truckers don't get shit...

I don't think it is a huge deal to ask the nation that sent us over to kill other foreign nationals through every means possible ,to look after it's wounded be it mentally or physically for the rest of their lives...Nor is it to much to ask if our government is going to send us some where to properly equipped for the job....and if soldiers have to beg the country for those 2 simple requests... well maybe it is not worth defending, nor is it worth all the sacrifice the men and women in uniform give to this nation daily...MAYBE you Canadians can pick up the sword and defend yourself, with the same commitment you gave us.

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I guess the LGBTQ community are just better Canadians, than military people are.

Well we can't say that from the evidence.  Just that they have more spine. 

IF what you're saying is true of course..  Perhaps the problem is that most military people DON"T actually feel the way you say and would tend to disagree with you and Doug,   That would also explain it 

But that would kinda take away your excuse for slagging the country.

You make it sound like it is just way to easy to solve problems in this nation, just form a lobby group, you say, take to the streets you say,

More or less.  Like i said if you genuinely need it spelled out step by step i'm happy to help but sure - its not "hard".  It's just a lot of work.

there are thousands of vets doing just that today,

Where? I haven't heard of it. I haven't seen anything.  And i'm a newsie - i scour all kinds of media for news of interest

If they're demonstrating, they're being very sneaky and quiet about it.

I DO remember about a decade ago the military was unhappy about pensions and raised  a fuss and the public got behind them and things changed. But - haven't heard much since.

Canadians just don't give a rats ass about it's military or it's vets...

Canadian VETS don't seem to give a rat's ass about Canada's vets.

If you guys don't care enough to do something why should anyone else?

You lecture about moral fibre, back bone, and having balls big enough to stand on, and yet almost everything in this country is broken,

Yeah. Thanks to trudeau and the liberals everything is broken. The people who voted for him should be ashamed.

So - good men and women have taken up the challenge to try to resolve that.  The CPC has elected a leader who's able to fight and win, and who's qualified to lead us back from this mess.  I was part of that, Did you even bother?  When the election rolls around i'll likely be out there working in the trenches again depending on health.  As i have many many elections and i've seen what a difference volunteers can make.  When was the last time you did that?

And when he gets in we'll work with the party to try to make sure it stays on course.  You will be sitting and complaining.

So people like me will fix the broken country.  Those are the people who REALLY defend our nation.

and Canadians are standing around watching, waiting for it to be fixed by someone else.

Nope - that's you. The rest of us are working to fix it.

Todays vets are tired of the excuses you and this country has given them,

Doesn't look that way - looks like they couldnt' care less.  All i'm hearing from you is excuses for failure - that's not what someone does when they're actually fed up.

Then you get surprised when a few of them have nothing positive to say about how things are today with in our nations military,

I'm surprised if it was ACTUALLY important that you wouldn't do something about it. Maybe you could get the trans people to give you some pointers?

I don't think it is a huge deal to ask the nation that sent us over to kill other foreign nationals through every means possible ,to look after it's wounded be it mentally or physically for the rest of their lives..

A lot of people would likely agree.  But - you make it impossible for them to do anything so what does it matter. 

If this conversation had been about gun owners 15 years ago you would have already been given a chance to sign up to the cssa and nfa online, you'd have been given links to your local mp's and to groups who were orgnanizing to take the fight to parliament,  hell we even created software that allowed people to submit a 'letter to the editor' to every single news paper at once, we flooded the letters sections of papers across the country.

I've talked to you about this for some time now -  what do i have? Can i take action? Is there something i can do? Who do i talk to? Where can i get more specific information?

I've got nothing. So i'll do nothing.

Enjoy your pity party. Come talk to me if you really want' to know how to fix things.

14 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Oh and uhhhh - there's almost half a million vetrans in Canada

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/news-media/facts-figures/1-0

It'd be about a half million even with serving members.

And that doesn't include police, reserves and other subgroups.

If our forefathers fought the nazis the way your fighting today we'd all be speaking german.

If they fought the way the trans do  the russians would be speaking english

They also came home to a grateful country, who not only looked after it's vets, it gave them land, and bonuses , employment, becasue Canadians of the day gave a sh*t... Today nobody cares our government is concerned about costs, not care, and Canadians don't care enough to listen, about what it cost our soldiers that do their duty every day, let alone what it was like in combat...

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

They also came home to a grateful country, who not only looked after it's vets, it gave them land, and bonuses , employment, becasue Canadians of the day gave a sh*t...

Well no.  Ww1 vets came home to the roaring 20's but all fell by the wayside in teh 30's. And frankly for vets there was no real help and many suffered terribly. 

WW2 vets had it a little easier but then sat on their laurals - the 60's and 70's was very anti military and the military and the vets did nothing.

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Today nobody cares our government is concerned about costs, not care, and Canadians don't care enough to listen, about what it cost our soldiers that do their duty every day, let alone what it was like in combat...

How would you know? The only noise that's defining is your silence.

if you guys don't care - why would anyone else.

Most military know you need a security clearance to view secret documents.

And the only reason PP won't get read in is because then he'll know what's on the table and might have to agree with the conclusions. Refusing to he can keep ranting on with his anti-Trudeau bullshit and keep to the Tory's no actual platform whatsoever.

Just now, herbie said:

And the only reason PP won't get read in is because then he'll know what's on the table and might have to agree with the conclusions

Nope - if he thought that he wouldn't want an inquiry either - it would exhonorate the PM even more.  In fact if he thought it was on the up and up reading the document would be best becasue it would allow him to keep hinting there's wrong doing but saying "i'm bound by the agreement to not disclose specifics".

HIS problem with it is that he thinks there IS a problem - but that if he signs the document then he'll never be allowed to talk about it. What's the point in knowing you're right unless you can talk about it? AN inquiry will not be hindered that way if they find wrong doing they'll be able to report on it.

17 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

IF what you're saying is true of course..  Perhaps the problem is that most military people DON"T actually feel the way you say and would tend to disagree with you and Doug,   That would also explain it 

But that would kinda take away your excuse for slagging the country.

More or less.  Like i said if you genuinely need it spelled out step by step i'm happy to help but sure - its not "hard".  It's just a lot of work.

Where? I haven't heard of it. I haven't seen anything.  And i'm a newsie - i scour all kinds of media for news of interest

If they're demonstrating, they're being very sneaky and quiet about it.

I DO remember about a decade ago the military was unhappy about pensions and raised  a fuss and the public got behind them and things changed. But - haven't heard much since.

Canadian VETS don't seem to give a rat's ass about Canada's vets.

If you guys don't care enough to do something why should anyone else?

Yeah. Thanks to trudeau and the liberals everything is broken. The people who voted for him should be ashamed.

So - good men and women have taken up the challenge to try to resolve that.  The CPC has elected a leader who's able to fight and win, and who's qualified to lead us back from this mess.  I was part of that, Did you even bother?  When the election rolls around i'll likely be out there working in the trenches again depending on health.  As i have many many elections and i've seen what a difference volunteers can make.  When was the last time you did that?

And when he gets in we'll work with the party to try to make sure it stays on course.  You will be sitting and complaining.

So people like me will fix the broken country.  Those are the people who REALLY defend our nation.

Nope - that's you. The rest of us are working to fix it.

Doesn't look that way - looks like they couldnt' care less.  All i'm hearing from you is excuses for failure - that's not what someone does when they're actually fed up.

I'm surprised if it was ACTUALLY important that you wouldn't do something about it. Maybe you could get the trans people to give you some pointers?

A lot of people would likely agree.  But - you make it impossible for them to do anything so what does it matter. 

If this conversation had been about gun owners 15 years ago you would have already been given a chance to sign up to the cssa and nfa online, you'd have been given links to your local mp's and to groups who were orgnanizing to take the fight to parliament,  hell we even created software that allowed people to submit a 'letter to the editor' to every single news paper at once, we flooded the letters sections of papers across the country.

I've talked to you about this for some time now -  what do i have? Can i take action? Is there something i can do? Who do i talk to? Where can i get more specific information?

I've got nothing. So i'll do nothing.

Enjoy your pity party. Come talk to me if you really want' to know how to fix things.

If things were true...., well it's been in the media plenty of times, but feel free to take a poll, start here there are half a dozen ex military's members on here start with them...take a poll of others as well I'm sure they have opinions on how are vets are treated , how our military is treated... 

I'm sure you have plenty of ideas to fix things, but like i have said already there are plenty of groups that are veterans based, that are doing just that, just google them if you like...i mean if you were interested. 

It is Canadian vets that have taken up the challenge of providing support and care to other vets, in many different areas, like home care, or activities, mental health care etc.  a lot of these organizations are not government funded but rather work on donations, you should ask them what is their motivation behind their work, is it becasue their is no  or lack of government funding or interest in these areas.  

This nation did not get this way only due to Justin and his gang, he had lots of help along the way...form all sides of the political spectrum...Conservatives as well...

You make it sound like your strapping on combat gear and fighting the evil NAZI empire... PP government has not even hit the trenches just yet, they are limited to critizing Justins crowd...something most Canadians are doing from their couches all across Canada...And if he is elected he will be judged on his actions then, until then he is nothing more than a voice box, that Justin ignores for the most part. did I BOTHER...to get involved, no, sorry, but before you order up the beer and pats on the back, does this really make you a better Canadian, does it give you the right to judge others that have not achieved such lofty goals..., does it make you more of a patriot ?

I guess i found my answers to my questions....you summed it all up with this..."So people like me will fix the broken country.  Those are the people who REALLY defend our nation." I guess there is no really reason for me to take up action, maybe reall people could take up this cause and you know fix it...

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor, maybe one day you'll jump in those trenches and get elected, instead of supporting from the side lines...you definitely have a politician streak in you.

Your right i have not had the same colorful and meaningful life you have had, i have not had the privilege's to help some politician out on his campaign the way you did... I have had a fairly boring career in the military, 3 combat tours, 4 other tours, 5 years in Germany, time in the high artic, even time in gulf war  guarding F-18s in Qatar... one day perhaps I'll reach those lofty goals as you have like fixing this nations problems.

Maybe one day you can share with the readers here just how many of these important issues you have found solutions for...

Thank you for attending my pity party, I'm a much better person for it, i'd really want to thank you for just listening to the issues and understanding some of them. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

If things were true...., well it's been in the media plenty of times,

Where?  What media.  The last time we did this NOT ONE of the stories you posted actually made the situations of the soldiers clear.

but feel free to take a poll, start here there are half a dozen ex military's members on here start with them...take a poll of others as well I'm sure they have opinions on how are vets are treated , how our military is treated... 

6 people? On a chat forum?

At the end of the day - if there were many who cared then why aren't they doing something.

I'm sure you have plenty of ideas to fix things, but like i have said already there are plenty of groups that are veterans based, that are doing just that, just google them if you like...i mean if you were interested. 

I can't name one. I can't even remember hearing of one, except like 'the legion'.  Why is that.  I can think of gay rights groups iv'e heard of - i can think of black and racial groups, and first nations groups.

I went and tried to look some up just to see if the names were familiar and maybe i'd heard them before and forgot. Nope.

It is Canadian vets that have taken up the challenge of providing support and care to other vets, in many different areas, like home care, or activities, mental health care etc.  a lot of these organizations are not government funded but rather work on donations, you should ask them what is their motivation behind their work, is it becasue their is no  or lack of government funding or interest in these areas.  

Well if you're happy with that then fine.  But if you want more from the gov't then you need more support from people and that's going to mean talking to them.

This nation did not get this way only due to Justin and his gang, he had lots of help along the way...form all sides of the political spectrum...Conservatives as well...

It had help  from your silence. That's all it had help from.

Harper increased spending and wanted to do more but it got shot down by the libs

But when the libs get in they always sell a story of 'our forces just do peacekeeping, they're doing great with what they've got".  And that's about the last we hear of it.

You make it sound like your strapping on combat gear and fighting the evil NAZI empire.

You are doing NOTHING but sitting on your ass.  If i do ANYTHING i'm still fighting harder than you.

I guess i found my answers to my questions....you summed it all up with this..."So people like me will fix the broken country.  Those are the people who REALLY defend our nation." I guess there is no really reason for me to take up action, maybe reall people could take up this cause and you know fix it...

You were doing nothing already!!!! You don't care! It's too hard for you to get involved.  And Dougie is actually out and out  hostile to the country.

Lets not pretend that somehow i managed to stop you JUST before you leapt into action. If you can be bothered to get out and vote when the time comes that'd be great but honestly i don't even expect that much effort out of you.

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor, maybe one day you'll jump in those trenches and get elected, instead of supporting from the side lines...you definitely have a politician streak in you.

I will if that's what it takes.  I care about the country and i'm not afraid to fight for it.  Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing you there.

Your right i have not had the same colorful and meaningful life you have had, i have not had the privilege's to help some politician out on his campaign the way you did... I

Are you a canadian citizen? Then yes you did.  In fact - even if you're NOT a citizen you did.  Anyone from anywhere can volunteer to help and they're ALWAYS begging for more. You don't need privilege you just need to give a shit.

And we come to yet another lengthy explanation on your part of why you're a miserable failure and a coward and it's all society's fault.

It's easy to find reasons to fail if you want to.  but don't blame others for not caring more than you do.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

True.  He was also the pick of a Conservative PM.  Harper wouldn’t have picked a Liberal hack to tie his shoes.   

As I recall - it being some distance back - he was trying to find someone who would be seen as properly neutral, and not just some tory hack.

5 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You think Harper would pick a Liberal for GG?  LOL

Well, we'd had a serious of bad choices from Chretien who nobody liked or respected. His choice was better than they were and better than the dumb twat Trudeau chose, or the native he chose after her. Maybe Conservatives just have more respect for the position and want someone in it who will properly embrace the dignity of the Crown - vs Liberals who just want to score diversity points.

25 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

As I recall - it being some distance back - he was trying to find someone who would be seen as properly neutral, and not just some tory hack.

Well, we'd had a serious of bad choices from Chretien who nobody liked or respected. His choice was better than they were and better than the dumb twat Trudeau chose, or the native he chose after her. Maybe Conservatives just have more respect for the position and want someone in it who will properly embrace the dignity of the Crown - vs Liberals who just want to score diversity points.

Dude, he's just baiting you.

There's a long tradition of trying to pick someone percieved as more neutral.

And it's not just that this guy  is a liberal - he's a liberal with strong ties to the trudeau family.  GG is one thing but this guy should not have been heading up an inquiry into trudeau's activities and Treebeard knows it.

Like most lying liberals he's just running you around. Tonnes of experts mentioned he was a bad choice for that reason when trudeau selected him and for this very reason - nobody could trust his report. I'm sure he got paid well for it though.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Then quit being cowards and DO something.  ORGANIZE.  Between retired and active service members and their families and direct groups like the cops who would support you, even before you go to the public your numbers are into the MILLIONS.

you could easily be a major factor in voting.

Depending on the year there's usually about 40 battlefield ridings in canada - more than enough to make the difference between minority and majority.  Get organized and target the hell out of them during an election and let it be known you'll do that every time and the party that does good things for vets gets support and the party that screwes them gets trashed.

It's NOT hard. But it takes work and a bit of courage. There is NO reason at all you can't be a major political force.

while the Laurentian elites through the Bank of Canada are able to print money to bribe the population into docility

you're not going to get any significant movement

you're just going have to wait out,

until the population starts to suffer the catastrophic consequences of the bad & corrupt governance

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I have had a fairly boring career in the military, 3 combat tours, 4 other tours, 5 years in Germany, time in the high artic, even time in gulf war  guarding F-18s in Qatar... one day perhaps I'll reach those lofty goals as you have like fixing this nations problems.

you are truly an infantry god

one of the greatest of them all

since those we called infantry gods back in the 80's

had never actually been in combat

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

you are disrespecting one of the greatest infantrymen to ever serve Canada

Army Guy has more combat tours than any troops since World War Two

if he walks into any military mess in this country, or any allied country

the troops would part the way for him, be in awe of him

11 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

We are blessed to live in a liberal democracy but one of the downsides is we can’t blame anybody else for our politicians. We deserve the ones we have. 

the system in Canada is rigged tho

the incestuous Laurentian elites ensure that nobody can join the major political parties, unless they are cronies

the Laurentian elites are everywhere

they are the Canadian Deep State

they have control of all the entry & access points

by those means they maintain an asymmetrical dictatorship

Canada is run like a Banana Republic, a ruling elite despotically keeping the masses at bay

Edited by Dougie93

5 hours ago, Army Guy said:

..You lecture about moral fibre, back bone, and having balls big enough to stand on, and yet almost everything in this country is broken, and Canadians are standing around watching, waiting for it to be fixed by someone else. You have posted about many things on this forum but have yet described how you sir, had the moral fibre, back bone and balls to step up and fix any of it...you sir are what we call in the army 'the Idea man', you're full of ideas, and advice but lack any form of action . . . i think in the civilian world they call you a politician.

CdnFox,  Specifically, what is your solution to the Liberal government problem?  You harangue fellow Canadians and imply that you have the solution . . . well, lead the way 'keyboard General' . . . 

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Where?  What media.  The last time we did this NOT ONE of the stories you posted actually made the situations of the soldiers clear.

6 people? On a chat forum?

At the end of the day - if there were many who cared then why aren't they doing something.

I can't name one. I can't even remember hearing of one, except like 'the legion'.  Why is that.  I can think of gay rights groups iv'e heard of - i can think of black and racial groups, and first nations groups.

Well if you're happy with that then fine.  But if you want more from the gov't then you need more support from people and that's going to mean talking to them.

It had help  from your silence. That's all it had help from.

Harper increased spending and wanted to do more but it got shot down by the libs

But when the libs get in they always sell a story of 'our forces just do peacekeeping, they're doing great with what they've got".  And that's about the last we hear of it.

You are doing NOTHING but sitting on your ass.  If i do ANYTHING i'm still fighting harder than you.

You were doing nothing already!!!! You don't care! It's too hard for you to get involved.  And Dougie is actually out and out  hostile to the country.

Lets not pretend that somehow i managed to stop you JUST before you leapt into action. If you can be bothered to get out and vote when the time comes that'd be great but honestly i don't even expect that much effort out of you.

I will if that's what it takes.  I care about the country and i'm not afraid to fight for it.  Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing you there.

Are you a canadian citizen? Then yes you did.  In fact - even if you're NOT a citizen you did.  Anyone from anywhere can volunteer to help and they're ALWAYS begging for more. You don't need privilege you just need to give a shit.

And we come to yet another lengthy explanation on your part of why you're a miserable failure and a coward and it's all society's fault.

It's easy to find reasons to fail if you want to.  but don't blame others for not caring more than you do.

Here is a few about veterans and some of there problems, 

Straight Talk - Honouring the promise: A roadmap to improve service, benefits and support for Canada’s veterans | Macdonald-Laurier Institute (macdonaldlaurier.ca)

Ottawa struggling to deliver benefits to disabled veterans, vulnerable populations: AG report | CBC News

AG: Veterans still face unacceptable delays for federal assistance | CTV News

Is asking 6 people to hard for you, perhaps i will ask for you....

Here is a few veterans groups, it was all in a simple google search.

National council of veterans associations in Canada (represents over 60 veterans groups)

Vets Canada, Veterans UN/NATO Canada, NATO vets organization of Canada, legion, wounded warrior, and Vets affairs Canada there is a lot more all you have to do is a simple goggle search....i get it it is easy to just call someone out on it...

The people are not interested in support this issues, not sure why you can not understand that, the above organizations do this for a living, along with hundreds of local groups and chapters , people are either to busy or not interested, the topic is way outside of their bubble... but thinking that this can all be solved with creating another group and talking to people is or has not worked. 

Yes the country's is fu*ked up becasue of my silence, perhaps i can tee up with you when your out canvassing the people about issues that effect you, kill 2 birds with one stone, i get to see you in action and i get credit for doing something...

Harper did increase spending, then he took it all back... The liberal government has completed more purchases of military equipment than any other Party...and it pains me to say that, becasue of my dislike for liberals....as for Veterans and harper here is one story. Now I'm not blaming the entire veterans plight on conservatives, but lets not kid ourselves and say the conservatives don't have any blood on their hands...and I'm a Harper fan...

'You Have Forgotten': Seven Conservative Attacks on Canada's Veterans | The Tyee

Liberal actions speak for themselves, peace keepers my as$, Liberal government has deployed our military more than any party has...and the UN is still waiting on Justins promise for increased peace keeping missions... which i think is now 50 people not bad out of 100 k... 

To be honest have voted in every election except the last one flip flopper was to much for me ...Not sure why i have to explain my patriotism to this nation to anyone really, I just wish it could show some of that back to vets...but that seems to be asking to much...and now i need to wear a sign around my neck and talk to the very people that don't have the time of day for me...or I'm a coward...i guess me and you have a great difference of opinion on what is the definition of being a coward truly means..

On 5/23/2023 at 3:30 PM, CdnFox said:

This is really beyond insane. The fact that the public is not up in arms over this and demanding trudeau's head is just horrific.

What's stopping conservatives from initiating this? Apparently you guys even have most of the guns.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

you are truly an infantry god

one of the greatest of them all

since those we called infantry gods back in the 80's

had never actually been in combat

Not even close, while taking my Seniors leaders course there was an Arty guy with 8 tours in Afghanistan, and had won a medal for Bravery for conduct under fire...That guy was a deployment god, not counting tours in Bosnia

3 tours in Afghanistan was about average, I know lots of Royals with way more tours than 3, not so long ago it was common to see guys with a full rack of medals plus a few on the second row...my performance was nothing more than average,  when you compare me against the hero's i served with or along side, all i did was managed to come back alive. 

• Like 1

Not even close,

that you are so humble

despite having gone into harms way over & over

that epitomizes the esprit de corps of the Canadian Corps

I know that Rick Nolan & Frank Mellish would sing your praises

because they were the same as you

they never would have taken any credit

Frank Mellish is of course the greatest soldier I ever knew

but he was so down to earth, so unassuming, no pretense at all

if you were a FNG in Recce Platoon, Frank would just help you, train you, assist you

he wasn't intimidating like Warrant Deroche

Frank was a good ol' boy from Nova Scotia

Airborne

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I know that Rick Nolan & Frank Mellish would sing your praises

because they were the same as you

they never would have taken any credit

Frank Mellish is of course the greatest soldier I ever knew

but he was so down to earth, so unassuming, no pretense at all

if you were a FNG in Recce Platoon, Frank would just help you, train you, assist you

he wasn't intimidating like Warrant Deroche

Frank was a good ol' boy from Nova Scotia

Airborne

Those two names will forever live on in the Regiments hall of fame, Hero's both of them...living up to those standards are reserved only for the best... I'm certainly not the best, nor close to it. there are plenty of good Royals that deserve to stand with those two , i'm not one of them...thats not me being humble just being honest.. Every royal knows their names and what they did. and only wishes they could do the same.