3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Okay, well your topic is probably more fun.  Here's one.. ever heard of universality? Serious question.  If you know what it is without having to look it up, say so here.

2. Sure, but it satisfies the much narrower criteria I started out on. 

How about the fad of feminists not wearing bras? Not wearing makeup?

1. What I wrote about Doug Ford above is also fun.

1a. No, but there's probably lots of words you haven't heard of either.

2, Let them do whatever they like, even if to oppose nature and reality. It's my understanding going without a bra hurts if you have big tits. They are entitled to try things and learn the hard way. Nature will make its own correction.

My point by saying that is not just to say anything goes, but that there are sometimes other reasons for these things than is immediately apparent. 

38 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Another one that also relates to this thread is when Ford became premier, he rolled back Wynne's new woke sex-ed plan which involved teaching about gay sex directly in the elementary school cirriculum.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4327836/doug-ford-1998-sex-ed-curriculum-dangerous/amp/

Okay I missed this one. The link doesn't say anything about gay sex being taught in elementary school. I think you misunderstood.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1a. No, but there's probably lots of words you haven't heard of either.

2a. My point by saying that is not just to say anything goes, but that there are sometimes other reasons for these things than is immediately apparent. 

1a.  Hey, I'm not arguing with you silly ?. I'm trying to help you find out about ridiculous left-wing programs that got rolled back out of proposal stage. 

Universality meant that if somebody got a check, such as a poor person getting welfare check, everybody would get a check I'll be at for a smaller amount if you are wealthy. That wouldn't eliminate poor people feeling shame about getting government assistance because everyone would be getting the check.

2a. Exactly. Nobody has a monopoly on bad ideas.

43 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The bigger problem is that it resulted in serious recruitment issues that are still being dealt with as a result of the fallout.

Exactly. 

Not to mention rock bottom morale from these said officers, who have become a social pariah for a movement that was pushed forwards based on incredibly inaccurate data.

Someone I know is asking me to join the RCMP again, as they are making a huge financial push to attract officers.

They feel I would make a perfect cop, in that I like to assess everything prior to reaction, and can keep my head under immense pressure. 

But they conceded, the lowest morale they had ever seen in their long careers was heavily in part of this anti-cop ideology followed by BLM. Another cause highjacked by liberal white people.

In feeling they are helping,  they are further destroying black communities.

I use Chicago as a prime example. You literally have cops that even on camera, are at times refusing to go to certain situations due to the possible repercussions to themselves.

When you are poorly policed, criminals move without that fear of being caught.

Black communities don't want no police. They want better policing, to keep the community safe while keeping crime under control.

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Okay I missed this one. The link doesn't say anything about gay sex being taught in elementary school. I think you misunderstood.

Apparently you missed more than just "that one" (my post), because this is an issue from a few years ago, and you appear to know nothing about it.

Here, my online friend, let me remind you-

https://globalnews.ca/news/4198420/doug-ford-sex-ed-curriculum/

Specifically, students will be introduced to or taught about the following at each grade level:

• Grade 1: the proper names for body parts (carried over from the old curriculum); exploitative behaviours and feelings
  • Grade 2: the body changes that accompany physical development
  • Grade 3: same-sex relationships
  • Grade 4: the physical and emotional changes that come with puberty; bullying and abuse; and safe use of technology and the internet
  • Grade 5: reproductive system; menstruation and sperm production; stresses in puberty; emotional well-being
  • Grade 6: masturbation; stereotypes and assumptions; personal identity (including gender identity and body image)
  • Grades 7 and 8: anal and oral sex; contraception; prevention of sexually transmitted diseases; sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; dangers of sexting; sources of sexual health supports

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Apparently you missed more than just "that one" (my post), because this is an issue from a few years ago, and you appear to know nothing about it.

Specifically, students will be introduced to or taught about the following at each grade level:

• Grade 1: the proper names for body parts (carried over from the old curriculum); exploitative behaviours and feelings
  • Grade 2: the body changes that accompany physical development
  • Grade 3: same-sex relationships
  • Grade 4: the physical and emotional changes that come with puberty; bullying and abuse; and safe use of technology and the internet
  • Grade 5: reproductive system; menstruation and sperm production; stresses in puberty; emotional well-being
  • Grade 6: masturbation; stereotypes and assumptions; personal identity (including gender identity and body image)
  • Grades 7 and 8: anal and oral sex; contraception; prevention of sexually transmitted diseases; sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; dangers of sexting; sources of sexual health supports

Not to mention the fact the guy who wrote it turned out to be a pedophile.

26 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

In feeling they are helping,  they are further destroying black communities.

The government SHOULD know better, but they use these issues as a political football to mesmerize the masses. There need to be some accountability here. But since they (gov't) also control the mainstream message (not directly, but they have the money to pay for and promote certain points of view), the public is unaware. Canadians are not awake.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Not to mention the fact the guy who wrote it turned out to be a pedophile.

Yeah that's right. You remember that. You have a memory.

(First sign one is not a liberal)

;)

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - true enough - if liberals had memories we'd never have had Trudeau v2

It also relates to the idea that one should have a tradition. Without memory you have no tradition. Without tradition, you have no country. You have a post-national state.  ;)

Edited by OftenWrong
"Edit design" ;)

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah, and as I said it doesn't say anything about gay sex being taught in elementary school. I'm not going to go on about this for a long time and give you a chance to explain to me why relationships equal sex, but if you have an additional point to make that involves clarifying this for me I would appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

as I said it doesn't say anything about gay sex being taught in elementary school.

Huh? I even gave you the bullets from that link, man. Look what I copy/pasted below the link.

I'm confused by your interpretation of what seems fairly clear to me, but agreed, let's just move on.

Move along... move along...

:0

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Huh? I even gave you the bullets from that link, man. Look what I copy/pasted below the link.

You mean this ?

It's appropriate for those grades, those are middle school.  One stat I saw said 30% of kids 13-16 are sexually active so this range puts them within 0-4 years of that timeframe.

• Like 1

The recent Andrew Tate interview, purely showcases why today's version of woke ideology is so incredibly dangerous.

In trying to suppress what is masculinity, one must silence voices like his.

If they were being genuine in exposing the truth, they wouldn't have edited out context from what he was saying. Allowing his own words to sink him, vs meticulously trying to forcefully imposing the narrative. Same thing that got Don Lemon fired. People are sick of being told what to believe. Report facts, and let them speak for themselves.

Precisely why so many don't trust the news anymore, leaving themselves vulnerable to following people who spread propaganda the same way the news do.

Under woke ideology, what consists of "being a man", is under threat. Nuclear families, or the idea of a woman desiring a man who protects and provides for her, or a man putting "food on the table", is under threat.

Turning men into b******s, does not fix the issues plaguing men in society.

Somehow I'm an extremist by today's views, for appreciating that my wife cooks for me, regardless of it being of her choosing. I know how to cook and bake, too.

I protect and provide for her, and somehow this is toxic, even though she is allowed to run her own business, and highly independent. I earn enough for the both of us, and she prefers to contribute, vs having me fully support her. She's a boss on her own, but respects her man enough to be submissive towards him, even if she isn't submissive in nature. 

I am seeing a society being filled of fully suppressed men. The most articulate ones, are ambushed via media, and silenced, as a means of socially flogging them--the forcing them into a box.

Being a man, isn't a threat to anyone. Encouraging men to be bold, and adventurous isn't a bad thing.

Raising a boy, who is afraid, and submissive isn't helping society. Nothing wrong with being an effeminate man, for the record--something wrong with promoting this as the ideal level of manhood, and attempting to eradicate what it is, that makes a man strong.

My wife doesn't respect me because I out earn her by an immense margin and am male. She respects me, because I respect her, and view her as an equal, in the dynamic of our relationship. She commands my respect, and so I don't talk ill of her, and I command hers. I do so, in that I'm not afraid to challenge her, nor is she afraid to return the favor.

Raising a society of people afraid to challenge, and ask questions, in insanely dangerous.

There is no logic in today's woke ideology.

BLM - Premises on black folks being unfairly targeted and killed by police at a rate far higher than any other demographic. There is no logic to this. Reality, is that white people are killed at a higher rate, but black people are represented in prison at a higher percentage than their white counterparts. Is this due to skin color, or due to the committing of crime? People hate asking questions anymore.

Trans ideology. That changing your gender somehow makes you that gender, with no questions allowed. This again, has no logic attached to it. When I went to Thailand, I saw some insanely gorgeous trans women, but these women understood that they were trans. They're allowed to co-exist socially, because of this understanding. They're not a threat to anyone.

In the west, biological women are under threat, as there seemingly isn't enough room for both. So better to pick apart the rights of biological women, to make room for trans women to thrive. People wonder why there is division, when it is being sewed into the rhetoric.

"trans women are women". Then what are women? Cis women? When did they stop being women?

Asking how many genders is now an offensive question. Transphobic, even. This is the BS being taught to kids. That there is no limit to how many genders that there are.

Its not based on anything scientific or biological.

Anyone questioning, is labeled "right wing" or one trying to push "propaganda" or "conspiracy theories".

In all the conspiracies, one must have the common sense and awareness to be able to discern the truth and where it lies.

The fact that the woke want to push "my truth" which is both personal and subjective in nature making it perfect for their agenda, making a mockery of "the truth" which is irrefutable, is what should be an obvious reason why so few trust the institutions that surround us, that provide us with information.

Or rather, used to.

25 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Under woke ideology, what consists of "being a man", is under threat

The idea of masculinity at all is largely frowned upon by today's left. Anything perceived of as actually masculine is considered "toxic".  Only male behavior that is more feminine in nature is to be considered ok. And it leads to some weird dichotomies. Because 'gay' is seen as being more feminine, it's absolutely unacceptable for a straight man to expose himself to  a woman but a gay man can bunny-hop naked down the streets of toronto in front of women and they'll clap and applaud :) 

I hear people saying that their ideas aren't shared by society in general.  Fair enough.  But you can't assume that the masses are being brainwashed somehow. 

We have created the culture that we want.  Freedom, hedonism, and nihilism are the core values.  Family, responsibility to the community and sacrifice (!) are not values anymore.

I noticed also that the word logic is used, as though those who demonize lgbtq+, call them groomers and predators, refer to their choices as ideology are being logical.

The only logic I can see is the power brokers like DeSantis who understand that manipulating people's natural ignorance is a way to gain power. Now that's a logical approach, for someone who doesn't care about harming others.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

a gay man can bunny-hop naked down the streets of toronto in front of women and they'll clap and applaud :) 

It will likely be considered as art o_O And justified as its "not like he was masturbating, bigot!"

Or the 

"She identifies as a woman, so you mocking her vagina because it looks like a penis is incredibly offensive"

We have created the culture that we want.  Freedom, hedonism, and nihilism are the core values.  Family, responsibility to the community and sacrifice (!) are not values anymore.

Funny thing, is that any outsider reading your post would take it that you're joking, trolling or low IQ.

Also, there is no freedom without freedom of speech. There is no freedom of speech, when you have ideas that are now socially unacceptable to challenge. If truth must cede to the individual truths of the millions vs the lone truth that can be presented with facts and evidence. 

Your sense of freedom should have an asterisk next to it. 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I hear people saying that their ideas aren't shared by society in general.  Fair enough.  But you can't assume that the masses are being brainwashed somehow. 

I think you'd need some proof before you could make that claim .For  a huge number of people family responsibility and sacrifice for the future are indeed core values.

I noticed also that the word logic is used, as though those who demonize lgbtq+, call them groomers and predators, refer to their choices as ideology are being logical.

And yet you can offer no specfics or a logical argument as to why they're wrong.

Hmmmm.

No "we" haven't, as there are lots of people rejecting that new culture. Maybe half the people, as a guesstimate.

Cultural values are instilled at a young age, that's why we musn't allow political influences to enter the classroom. Keep cultural education at the grassroots level. Stick to the 3 R's. It's public school, meaning those of different culture all go there, including devout christians, muslims and jews, and those who are African abd Asian.

In other words, you want a multi-cultural society, you have to understand and respect the values of other cultures.

You are entitled to believe what you want and raise your kids according to your beliefs and values, but you're not entitled to change the values in my family. As long as we follow that, things will be fine.

36 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

It will likely be considered as art o_O And justified as its "not like he was masturbating, bigot!"

And if they masturbate it'll be considered Progressive art :)

36 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Or the 

"She identifies as a woman, so you mocking her vagina because it looks like a penis is incredibly offensive"

What can i say.  I'm the kind of subhuman who thinks a penis is a penis. I'm awash in toxic masculinity.