Is the world getting better or worse ?

Is the world getting better or worse ? Will it be better or worse in 50 years ?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

I think the only movie I saw where he spoke was Rat Race, which was pretty good. It was a good case of being just stupid enough to be funny, but not so stupid it was annoying.

So yeah, I like some British comedy. I even like stuff that was based on Monty Python's humor like Beavis and Butt-Head, the Simpsons, and South Park. But how people found the Python skits funny, I'll just never know.

"This is an ex parrot!"

In their day, Monte Python's was hilarious. I'll never forget seeing And Now For Something Completely Different. 

I can't vote here because I have no idea what life will be like in 50 years. Neither do any of you.

On our current tragectory, I'd say North America and Europe lose their standard of living. Essentially, the Nordic people's will suffer. Western Russia and Eastern Europe will become the last refuge of the Caucasian denomination. Globalization will complete and corporate interests will rule the world. Africa will remain poor as it will be robbed...yet again...of its natural resources.

But on the positive side, I think this century will bring us a real community on the moon, managing a mining and spaceport operation.

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Until we don't anymore.

Why was it that the results of the industrial revolution took so long to benefit everyone ?  Because social change takes time, restoring the balance takes time.  Humans accept hierarchy, inequality and instability ... but only to a point.

It has nothing to do with printing presses, or steam engines. Or even technology.

It has to do with the "elite" - people who consider themselves first-rate. Top.

=====

In summer 1914, like in the late 1700s, the elite were divorced from ordinary people.

In Europe, it also happened in the early 1600s.

38 minutes ago, August1991 said:

It has nothing to do with printing presses, or steam engines. Or even technology.

It has to do with the "elite" - people who consider themselves first-rate. Top.

=====

In summer 1914, like in the late 1700s, the elite were divorced from ordinary people.

In Europe, it also happened in the early 1600s.

But it changed.  And after it did, the industrial revolution was complete.

23 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

I think the only movie I saw where he spoke was Rat Race, which was pretty good. It was a good case of being just stupid enough to be funny, but not so stupid it was annoying.

So yeah, I like some British comedy. I even like stuff that was based on Monty Python's humor like Beavis and Butt-Head, the Simpsons, and South Park. But how people found the Python skits funny, I'll just never know.

This one should be right up your alley. (you'll have to look up SPG (Special Patrol Group) to fully appreciate it, and I forget the significance of the hedgehog after all these years, but still)

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 2:36 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I'll say worse - for now - but far far better in 50.  

Maybe even better in 5, 10, 20...

@bcsapper roll call over here...

I don't know. But the following isn't pretty. Doesn't foretell much good.

Enjoy...

https://seemorerocks.is/dr-david-e-martin-phds-address-to-the-european-union-parliament-may-2023/

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I don't know. But the following isn't pretty. Doesn't foretell much good.

Enjoy...

https://seemorerocks.is/dr-david-e-martin-phds-address-to-the-european-union-parliament-may-2023/

Tldr, from the first few pages it look like he was going towards conspiracy stuff.. do you want to summarize?  Actually never mind let me scroll to the bottom...

Yeah, he seems to be saying that the pandemic was an act of terrorism.

Our society is open enough to allow conjectures like this to happen with little retribution, which actually disproves the idea that opposition to such a plan could be covered up.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Tldr, from the first few pages it look like he was going towards conspiracy stuff.. do you want to summarize?  Actually never mind let me scroll to the bottom...

Yeah, he seems to be saying that the pandemic was an act of terrorism.

Our society is open enough to allow conjectures like this to happen with little retribution, which actually disproves the idea that opposition to such a plan could be covered up.

If it's mere conjecture, why has nobody diputed it?

Did you listen to the presentation? The EU folks were applauding. 

15 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

But... But... But... How could a guy who makes YouTube videos lie?

Liars are people with decades of reputation, professional practice and open criticism behind them right?

18 hours ago, bcsapper said:

You and Mike can scoff all you like. But while this person presents researched fact to back up his claims...the best you 2 can do is...scoff.

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You and Mike can scoff all you like. But while this person presents researched fact to back up his claims...the best you 2 can do is...scoff.

But he doesn't present researched fact to back up his claims.  As the link I posted makes clear, he presents misinformation conspiracies.

The problem is, you want to believe them, so you call them facts regardless. Here's another debunking.  This time of his supposed "EU presentation".

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/financial-analyst-david-martin-misrepresents-studies-patent-applications-promote-baseless-claim-sars-cov-2-developed-bioweapon/

Conclusion

In summary, Martin’s speech doesn’t provide the smoking gun for COVID-19 origin that he and others claimed to be. The alleged evidence presented is nothing but a list of misrepresented studies on early coronavirus research and old patent applications on animal coronaviruses all unrelated to SARS-CoV-2 or the COVID-19 pandemic.

None of the cited studies and patents suggests that the virus was engineered. In fact, some of Martin’s claims aren’t even new and have already been debunked. While there are still questions about whether the virus SARS-CoV-2 had infected humans through a naturally-occurring spillover event or a lab leak incident, there is simply no evidence to suggest that SARS-CoV-2 was developed as a bioweapon.

17 hours ago, bcsapper said:

But he doesn't present researched fact to back up his claims.  As the link I posted makes clear, he presents misinformation conspiracies.

The problem is, you want to believe them, so you call them facts regardless. Here's another debunking.  This time of his supposed "EU presentation".

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/financial-analyst-david-martin-misrepresents-studies-patent-applications-promote-baseless-claim-sars-cov-2-developed-bioweapon/

Conclusion

In summary, Martin’s speech doesn’t provide the smoking gun for COVID-19 origin that he and others claimed to be. The alleged evidence presented is nothing but a list of misrepresented studies on early coronavirus research and old patent applications on animal coronaviruses all unrelated to SARS-CoV-2 or the COVID-19 pandemic.

None of the cited studies and patents suggests that the virus was engineered. In fact, some of Martin’s claims aren’t even new and have already been debunked. While there are still questions about whether the virus SARS-CoV-2 had infected humans through a naturally-occurring spillover event or a lab leak incident, there is simply no evidence to suggest that SARS-CoV-2 was developed as a bioweapon.

Ya well...I find that when people begin using the term "debunked", it means they're desperate to shut down a message.

I mean really now...you can't even admit that The Rona came from that Wuhan lab. It's depressing to see such blind ignorance.

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Ya well...I find that when people begin using the term "debunked", it means they're desperate to shut down a message.

I mean really now...you can't even admit that The Rona came from that Wuhan lab. It's depressing to see such blind ignorance.

The term debunked means to show that something is false.  I agree its use usually exposes of certain kind of desperation.

As for the Covid origin, I have no idea.  The conclusion I posted says as much and I have no reason to think anything different.  I don't suppose we will know for sure until China tells us, and that's not likely anytime soon.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Michael,

I voted that the world is getting better, and it will be better in 50 years.

===

Your poll is badly worded. (Make no mistake, you are asking posters what they think about this forum - not "this world".)

The Forum ?  What ?

What is wrong with the wording ?

Michael,

Your two questions should have been (randomly posed):

Is this forum better....

Is the world better....

====

BTW, keep the questions dichotomic/binary:

"Better but will be worse in 50" is not dichotimic

"I identify as non-binary" is dichotimic.

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

Progressives such as Woodrow Wilson believed the world was getting better after 1918.

Margaret MacMillan wrote a foolish book about a treaty and its significance. (The Treaty was insignificant and changed nothing. Yet, the cover alone made her a million dollars.)  

====

IMHO, Henry Kissinger wrote a far more significant work about Europe.

The Congress of Europe

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 4:24 AM, Nationalist said:

Unfortunately we have to now.

In Europe (the western world) in 1780, it was difficult to question authority.

In 1912, it was also difficult to question authority.

Heck, in 1610 or so it was difficult.

====

I reckon that it has to do with human life (70 years) - like dogs (7 years or so).