Mass absences break out at London schools as Pride flag flies

5 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

not even the Vatican, Opus Dei's fundamentalist poster under the religion section would agree with his takes. 

I'm not sure what an Romanist fundamentalist poster's take would be but it would be completely suspect since Romanism is not a Biblical / Christian religion.

Why do you think Rome forbade the reading of the Bible by the ordinary people for centuries.  Only allowed it in recent times, but only their version and full of notes explaining how it is to be interpreted.  They have no use for the Protestant King James Bible.  It would not be on the list of approved reading.

Edited by blackbird

9 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Does not matter, I can guarantee you, in the Roman church, are men and women better people than you and me.

We are talking about colonizing space and here you are still ranting about the same book that brought the Dark Ages, the Crusades, etc. How do you know humanity would not have been better if the Romans would not allow religion in? You don't know, I don't know. 

Uhm, you want people to respect you yet, you are unable to respect millions of Catholics that just go about their business. 

No really true.  I respect Catholics but disagree with the religion of Rome completely.  Incidentally I would have been considered a heretic in the middle ages and taken to the Inquisition and possibly burned at the stake as countless people were.

I have studied it a fair amount over the years, was once one myself.  So I have a fair idea of what it is all about.

I have had Catholic friends in the past.  Many fine people.  But we would never agree about religion in the last forty years or so.

That would be the same with cults.  I had friends who were in cults.  We could be friends, but could never agree about religion or the Bible.

The point is there is a big difference between ordinary people and a religion or what it teaches and believes.

Jesus said the truth will set you free.  Not religion, not cults, not Romanism that claims to be the gatekeepers of heaven.  Only Jesus and the truth will make one free and save him.

Edited by blackbird

46 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Sounds like another lie from the Devil. 

Well it would to someone who's delusional.

And how did you know i was talking about you? :)

Kind of sounds like you know you're doing the devils' work for him. Are you SURE you're a christian? You spend a of time here making people hate religion.

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

So, he says Jesus is coming and presents apocalyptical events daily, has more energy than me in postings, yet you deny his take on religion, his view of Christianity. 

Well I am not familiar with this person and have not read anything he said.  Can't really comment on it, other than what I said, that if he part of Opus Dei, which is part of Romanism, it would be suspect.  But as I said, I don't know what he says.  But the question is what he is doing in that religion?  There are some people with a lot of contradictory beliefs.

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Are you SURE you're a christian? You spend a of time here making people hate religion.

Yes, I'm sure.  Jesus says so in his word, gospel of John.  

"12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  John 8:12 KJV

"12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"  John 1:12 KJV

"16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16 KJV

" 36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "  John 3:36 KJV

Of course whenever one speaks the truth to people who are part of the world system, they automatically reject it.  They don't begin to "hate religion"  They hated it all along.  That's why they disagree.

"20  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;"  John 15:20 KJV

Edited by blackbird

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, the laws given to Israel were primarily in certain books of the Old Testament such as Leviticus, Exodus, Deuteronomy. There are many books in the Old Testament to do with other things. There is nothing to "back pedal" about.  Not sure what your point is other than to say I was back pedaling.

Give it up.

Using your precious book selective is the forte of bible thumpers.

When called out, back peddle, confuse and make other stuff up to try and make your points. All BS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, I'm sure.  Jesus says so in his word, gospel of John.  

Well that sounds like the kind of thing the devil would say to lull you into a false sense of security.

"12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  John 8:12 KJV

But the devil could CONVINCE you that you're following jesus when you're not.

"12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"  John 1:12 KJV

The devil would have no problem tricking people into thinking tehy had power.

"16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16 KJV

That doesn't mean the devil can't convince you to do his work in teh meantime without you even knowing.

" 36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "  John 3:36 KJV

See above

Of course whenever one speaks the truth to people who are part of the world system, they automatically reject it.  They don't begin to "hate religion"  They hated it all along.  That's why they disagree.

That is PRECISELY what the devil would convince you of if he wanted you to be out there making people hate religion. And it makes no sense if you think about it - if people either inherently hate or like religion nobody would need to spread it -the faithful would already be coming to you.

"20  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;"  John 15:20 KJV

I'm sure the devil feels exactly the same way.

SO the question is - why do you do the devil's work for him?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

One of the primary goals of the Devil is to attack, attack, discredit, smear and cancel believers. 

What a wonderful self-serving delusion.  

5 hours ago, blackbird said:

That is what I think you are trying to do with me.

Of course, because self-reflection and perspective are alien to you.  The only possible explanation for criticism of your foolishness is REEE THE DEVIL!

Edited by Moonbox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Conservatives see the writing on the wall.  It’s no longer acceptable in society to be a bigot.  Conservative politicians went from “I don’t accept their lifestyle” to “I had a scheduling conflict and couldn’t make it” to “I wouldn’t miss it for the world and let me say a few words at the parade” within a few years. 

Manitoba premier will walk in 2023 Winnipeg Pride parade after skipping last year's

28 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Conservatives see the writing on the wall.  It’s no longer acceptable in society to be a bigot.  Conservative politicians went from “I don’t accept their lifestyle” to “I had a scheduling conflict and couldn’t make it” to “I wouldn’t miss it for the world and let me say a few words at the parade” within a few years. 

Manitoba premier will walk in 2023 Winnipeg Pride parade after skipping last year's

The point is that there are very few actual conservatives in Canada, which is overrun by the radical left.  The sad game in Canada is pretending that people can be judged by their identity groups, then making sure you rant and rave about how victimized the designated victim groups are.  Nothing aspirational about it.  It’s all about who is harder done by and should get more favour.

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The point is that there are very few actual conservatives in Canada, which is overrun by the radical left.  The sad game in Canada is pretending that people can be judged by their identity groups, then making sure you rant and rave about how victimized the designated victim groups are.  Nothing aspirational about it.  It’s all about who is harder done by and should get more favour.

That’s true, if by “actual conservatives” you mean social conservatives with bigoted attitudes towards gay people.   It is very few.  A very vocal few.  

What “more favour” are gay people looking for, do you think?

2 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

That’s true, if by “actual conservatives” you mean social conservatives with bigoted attitudes towards gay people.   It is very few.  A very vocal few.  

What “more favour” are gay people looking for, do you think?

Why are you talking about gay people?

No you're supposed to go along with the thread title that implies that so many students hate gay people so much they won't attend school if it flies a rainbow flag. And that is perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour.

Otherwise, you're the bigot because they'll claim black is white as is usual.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Why not?  My post was about the Conservative premier of Manitoba attending the pride parade.  Am I supposed to change the topic?

It doesn't say anywhere in your story that the gays particularly wanted  her to  AND it says specifically that  they were  mad because she had said she would last year but  didn't do to a scheduling screw up,  It sounds like she had already apologized for it.

So she said she would, she intended to, she couldn't due to a scheduling snafu and she is this year.  How is this an example of Conservatives doing anything different or changing their minds on anything?

It isn't of course.  Just more false narrative from the left.

This very revealing website is worth repeating again.

Did you know:

"The Church of Satan is a religious organization dedicated to the religion of LaVeyan Satanism as codified in The Satanic Bible. The Church of Satan was established at the Black House in San Francisco, California, on Walpurgisnacht, April 30, 1966, by Anton Szandor LaVey, who was the church's High Priest until his death in 1997.[2] In 2001, Peter H. Gilmore was appointed to the position of high priest, and the church's headquarters were moved to Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan, New York City.

Members do not believe that Satan literally exists and do not worship him.[3] Instead, Satan is viewed as a positive archetype embracing the Hebrew root of the word "Satan" as "adversary", who represents pride, carnality, and enlightenment, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be motivated by a "dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things".[2] The Devil is embraced as a symbol of defiance against the Abrahamic faiths which LaVey criticized for what he saw as the suppression of humanity's natural instincts. In his book, The Satanic Bible, the Satanist's concept of a god is described as the Satanist's true "self"— a projection of his or her own personality, not an external deity.[4] Satan is used as a representation of personal liberty and individualism.[5]

Church of Satan - Wikipedia

Noteworthy:

Members do not believe Satan literally exists.

Satan represents pride, carnality, and enlightenment.

Members believe the natural instincts of people should be promoted.

Personal liberty and individualism is worshiped.

3 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Why not?  My post was about the Conservative premier of Manitoba attending the pride parade.  Am I supposed to change the topic?

I guess going to the Pride parade means he’s not a bigot?  Ridiculous identity politics.  How dumb do you think people are?  Gay people exist and have the same rights as heterosexuals.  So what?  We don’t need flags for people with certain sexual lifestyles or identities on school flag poles, or we need all flags for all identity groups.  What about BLM, every First Nation, Sri Lanken wrestlers, Latinx albino strippers…?  Or is it only certain chosen groups?   It’s strange and pushing certain lifestyles and groups to fly such a flag in front of schools.  It’s not bigoted to question this.  Many people don’t want this on various grounds, religious and otherwise.  It doesn’t make them bigots.  If you want to put a flag in your office, car, etc., feel free.  Don’t try to push your ideological perspective on everyone else.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

We don’t need flags for people with certain sexual lifestyles or identities on school flag poles, or we need all flags for all identity groups.  

Lots of people want to signal the end of an era where LGBTQ+ were persecuted, and signal that they're now welcome.

You don't get to decide for us what we "need".  Sometimes, in a democracy, you don't get what you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Lots of people want to signal the end of an era where LGBTQ+ were persecuted, and signal that they're now welcome.

You don't get to decide for us what we "need".  Sometimes, in a democracy, you don't get what you want.

You stand for nothing except whatever happens.  There are too many assumptions implicit in worldviews that support hanging Pride flags in front of schools to call such a move fair and representative.  You don’t see how people might oppose gender reassignment on biological or religious grounds. You can’t even define what or how many genders/groups are represented in “plus” or what they stand for.

You value emphasizing some identity groups above others and the celebration of certain sexual lifestyles.  Why?  Acceptance?  Many families didn’t sign off on this when they sent their kids to school. Attending a Pride parade is a choice.  Attending school is mandatory. You’re pushing or relenting to an agenda and expecting everyone to ignore their values and sign on.

I’m glad you and Treebeard said all this, because you’re confirming your disrespect for pluralism and depoliticized education.  

20 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

1. You stand for nothing except whatever happens.  
2. There are too many assumptions implicit in worldviews that support hanging Pride flags in front of schools to call such a move fair and representative.  
3. You don’t see how people might oppose gender reassignment on biological or religious grounds. You can’t even define what or how many genders/groups are represented in “plus” or what they stand for.
4. You value emphasizing some identity groups above others and the celebration of certain sexual lifestyles.  Why?
 Acceptance?  
5. Many families didn’t sign off on this when they sent their kids to school.
6. You’re pushing or relenting to an agenda and expecting everyone to ignore their values and sign on.
7. I’m glad you and Treebeard said all this, because you’re confirming your disrespect for pluralism and depoliticized education.  

1. Incorrect.  I am on record on this board against the Trinity University ruling, so you are wrong.
2. I can't parse that sentence into what specifically your issue is, sorry.  Community values aren't held by 100% of the community but they are generally held by the community.  The relatively new acceptance of LGBTQ+ is one of those values.  Very few people are actually against equal rights, but more of them are against celebrating them.  
3. If you could find a single post on here where said any of those things then you would be correct but I haven't said these things, because I don't believe them.  You need to ask yourself why you add opinions to people when you disagree with them on something - it will hurt your ability to discuss things rationally.  I get it - I do it too - but you have to work on it IMO.
4. I don't.  I see the flag as a symbol of acknowledgement and celebration, not "emphasizing certain groups".  
5. They don't get families to "sign off" on things.  When did my family "sign off" on the Lord's Prayer in schools ?  It's not practical.
6. The "agenda" is equal rights for LGBTQ+ and it's now achieved.  The flag marks a milestone that is normative community acceptance.
7. Accepting LGBTQ+ is pluralism by definition.

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

My message of late exactly.

https://repolitics.com/forums/profile/104885-oftenwrong/?status=12428&type=status

Wow that really was of late.

Canada is regressing away from liberal democracy because narrow range of radical perspectives is being forced on the population on matters like identity while other basic rights like free speech and medical discretion are suppressed.  Don’t support current government positions and expect to be marginalized.

• Like 1