Mass absences break out at London schools as Pride flag flies

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Why do religious people's beliefs bother you so much while non religious people don't?  If it bothers you so much maybe your conscience is trying to tell you something.

Because folks like you want laws passed like blasphemy laws to make it illegal to criticize your particular religion.   That’s bothersome.  

Do you think it’s a moral thing, or ever was, for a woman to be forced to marry her rapist?

Deuteronomy 22:28–29

28 “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There's only so much bandwidth for discussion.  Certainly issues won't be discussed if we focus on issues like the rainbow flag

I wasn't implying you were off topic but that you were looking at a big picture and complaining about how voters are disengaged from the real issues and distracted by pissant complaints. Many don't understand free trade issues, and don't have much say or influence over them in any case. They are discussed behind closed doors. But they do have local concerns. Those matter more to them than obscure details of a trade negotiation. As long as there's still beer in the fridge of course.  ;)

No need to respond that Muslims don't drink beer, because it's beside the point. The point is Canadians are too comfortable. That is changing however.

45 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Because folks like you want laws passed like blasphemy laws to make it illegal to criticize your particular religion.   That’s bothersome.  

Nonsense.  I never said anything about such a thing.  

47 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think it’s a moral thing, or ever was, for a woman to be forced to marry her rapist?

I don't try to judge what laws Israel had 3,000 years ago in a totally different dispensation and period.  You look like you are grasping for anything to try to support your anti-Bible belief.  We know you're just pulling things out of the Bible without any context or knowledge about what it is all about to try to discredit the Bible.  

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

How good of you to clarify on that point

so little TreeBeard can get some sleep tonight

instead of hiding from the Christian bogeyman

under the bed

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the Old Testament is conservative and the New Testament is progressive? It's almost like someone got woke or something.  And then came the Dark Ages - like a proverbial right-wing backlash.

Well, Jesus was a hippy.  As someone once observed, he had long hair and he didn't have a job.  Hippy!

10 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

1. Many don't understand free trade issues, and don't have much say or influence over them in any case. They are discussed behind closed doors.

1. This amounts to an abandonment of the core purpose of democracy: giving people a voice in the important affairs of their lives.  I'm not saying that your assessment is wrong, but that it's a problem.  We shouldn't be shopping for issues easy enough for citizens to fight over.

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

I don't try to judge what laws Israel had 3,000 years ago in a totally different dispensation and period.  You look like you are grasping for anything to try to support your anti-Bible belief.  We know you're just pulling things out of the Bible without any context or knowledge about what it is all about to try to discredit the Bible.  

Your bible of today is more than 1/2 about old testament which is the laws of Israel had 3000 years ago isn't it?

Pulling things without context is the forte of bible thumpers LOL

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bcsapper said:

What you don't seem to understand is that everything you said there is complete and utter bollocks.

Please allow me to remind you the Bible teaches the Devil is a liar and the father of it.  The Devil used the Bible too.  He is a master of deceit.  The only defence in the world against the wiles and deceit of the Devil is truth and the source of truth is the Bible, which came from God.  

Isn't it amazing how something as abstract as words carry so much weight in everyone's mind.  God gave us his word in the form of the Holy Scriptures.  In English it is the King James Bible.  The Devil has been given a certain amount of leeway or leash in this world to deceive people.  The best defence against his lies or deception is God's written revelation, the Holy Bible.  That's one thing right there that makes the Bible so special. 

People have been attacking Christians for centuries, since the beginning in fact, with lies, smearing, discrediting, etc.  But we know where much of that is coming from.  These poor people have been deceived.  They reject God and deny the existence of the Devil.  Now of course that gives the Devil an easy playing field.  It means they are completely open to his deceptions.  They are open to the world's ideologies and lying claims.  They are easily manipulated by the Devil to do his will.  That is just a simple but logical fact.

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Please allow me to remind you the Bible teaches the Devil is a liar and the father of it.  The Devil used the Bible too.  He is a master of deceit.  The only defence in the world against the wiles and deceit of the Devil is truth and the source of truth is the Bible, which came from God.  

I never realised it.  You are being controlled by the Devil.  It's not your fault.

I'm sorry if I have been mean.

32 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Your bible of today is more than 1/2 about old testament which is the laws of Israel had 3000 years ago isn't it?

Pulling things without context is the forte of bible thumpers LOL

In the beginning after God created Adam and Eve, God placed them in the garden of Eden, a paradise.

He gave one commandment to them, that is, not to eat the tree in the middle of the garden.  They could eat from all other trees.

But Satan came along in the form of a serpent and he spoke to Eve, to tempt her.  How he spoke demonstrated his tremendous ability to use what God said for his own deceptions.  This is what he said to Eve.

"3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. "  Genesis 3:3-5 KJV

If we examine what Satan said, we see he very cleverly contradicted what God had said.

Satan said in contradiction to God, "ye shall not surely die".

Then he said "your eyes shall be opened",  another clever deception.

Then to top it off, he said "ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil",  a major deception.

So we see from this the Devil is a master at using God's words and twisting the meaning.  That's why Christians are warned by this and must be on our guard against the deceptions that people use with the Bible.

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Isn't it amazing how something as abstract as words carry so much weight in everyone's mind.  God gave us his word in the form of the Holy Scriptures.  In English it is the King James Bible.  The Devil has been given a certain amount of leeway or leash in this world to deceive people.  The best defence against his lies or deception is God's written revelation, the Holy Bible.  That's one thing right there that makes the Bible so special. 

People have been attacking Christians for centuries, since the beginning in fact, with lies, smearing, discrediting, etc.  But we know where much of that is coming from.  These poor people have been deceived.  They reject God and deny the existence of the Devil.  Now of course that gives the Devil an easy playing field.  It means they are completely open to his deceptions.  They are open to the world's ideologies and lying claims.  They are easily manipulated by the Devil to do his will.  That is just a simple but logical fact.

What's interesting is how delusional some people can be. And how stunningly full of pride. Wasn't that supposed to be a sin?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

So we see from this the Devil is a master at using God's words and twisting the meaning.  That's why Christians are warned by this and must be on our guard against the deceptions that people use with the Bible.

Yeah well, I can't think of anything that guarantees I'll remain an atheist than what you have to say.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

What's interesting is how delusional some people can be. And how stunningly full of pride. Wasn't that supposed to be a sin?

Sounds like another lie from the Devil.  When someone speaks the uncomfortable truth, you want to accuse the person of pride?  Remember the Devil is a master deceiver.  That is his main mode of operation. 

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yeah well, I can't think of anything that guarantees I'll remain an atheist than what you have to say.

Did the Devil tell you to say that.  You should realize the Devil will deceive people into thinking and saying anything to keep you under his influence and keep you as an atheist.  That is his primary goal.

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

In the beginning .....the Bible.

When you make comments like "I don't try to judge what laws Israel had 3,000 years ago in a totally different dispensation and period. " and in fact your laws are 3000 years old."

Point was and still is " Your bible of today is more than 1/2 about old testament which is the laws of Israel had 3000 years ago ".

Nice back pedalling LOL

5 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Point was and still is " Your bible of today is more than 1/2 about old testament which is the laws of Israel had 3000 years ago ".

No, the laws given to Israel were primarily in certain books of the Old Testament such as Leviticus, Exodus, Deuteronomy. There are many books in the Old Testament to do with other things. There is nothing to "back pedal" about.  Not sure what your point is other than to say I was back pedaling.

Edited by blackbird

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Did the Devil tell you to say that.  You should realize the Devil will deceive people into thinking and saying anything to keep you under his influence and keep you as an atheist.  That is his primary goal.

How do we know you're not the Devil? Like I said you do a wonderful job of convincing people Christianity is completely nuts.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

How do we know you're not the Devil? Like I said you do a wonderful job of convincing people Christianity is completely nuts.

Only in the minds of people who are deceived by the Prince of Deceivers.  Since you reject God and his revelation, you put yourself in that category of being an opponent of God and his word.  I am not saying anything new.  You already stated in many ways you reject God and his word. 

We are responsible for our own words.