Is our Canada a better place since 2015 . . . ?

5 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Yet they despise each other. 

Of course - they both think they're the greatest thing in the world and they know they can't both be right :)

7 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I have never felt hopeless in my life. Trudeau is the first leader who has managed to make me feel this way.

Sure. There's a lot of that going around. I don't really see how we're going to fix it any time soon either.

On 5/18/2023 at 1:23 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

eyeball claims to have the cure for the Trudeau infestation . . . 

No it's really more like a treatment. There's probably no cure for what absolute power does to people. Occasionally people with an apparent natural immunity (principles) comes along but it's very rare (i.e. Michael Chong).

On 5/18/2023 at 5:17 PM, RedDog said:

Canada slides into the abyss. Saving it means 5 or 6 new nations. Canada has never made any sense.

Let’s celebrate and support those wonderful new nations.

Disagree. Strongly.

We Canadians - like Argentinians blessed with all - we various Canadians seem to get along.

On 5/17/2023 at 11:20 PM, eyeball said:

Trudeau could have easily made it far worse by being a blowhard know-it-all.

Loss of life for covid under Biden wasn't much better. Biden had a vaccine to work with.

Trudeau caused underlying issues. Trumps were blatant. One thing he did not cause, was unnecessary panic.

Trudeau caused unnecessary crises with all the lockdowns and fear mongering, from unprecedented levels of drug overdoses, homelessness and women seeking shelter further alienated in abusive relationships. 

Trump is a bull in a China shop. 

Trudeau is a clumsy kid running with a box of eggs. Only difference, is one is better at hiding the damage that they have done.

What you also won't know until later, are all the people with cancer, who stopped screening not due to shortages, but due to guilt. Fear.

Doctors were pleading. 

The amount of people with serious mental health issues, exacerbated by Trudeaus policies.

I have seen several people I know, who are now homeless. Had jobs prior to the pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, Perspektiv said:

Same tactics Trump effectively used. 

I saw it even where I work. A colleague was weary on the vaccine,  so he was outted. Bullying and routine mocking ensued.

Like the lynch mobs on the Simpsons which were viewed as comedy, happening in real life. You get outed, straight vitriol, no questions asked.

My sibling started spewing vitriol towards those who weren't vaxxed. My wife refused to vaccinate, and I was weary due to my heart ailment along with the risk it carries if any clotting occurred (I had a stroke a few years ago.

'''''

Trump?

This Covid mania reminded me of Soviet Russia.

It was about power. To me, power and control are synonyms. 

Edited by August1991

On 5/17/2023 at 6:45 PM, Nefarious Banana said:

As the title suggests . . . a lot of Canadian citizens are not happy with the present Trudeau government. That said, not every policy can be completely wrong for some/every segment of the Canadian population.  What, if anything has Trudeau done to make Canada better?  Has he served the Canadian citizens as well as he's served himself?   Shirley there must be something . . .        

Since 2015, we could all be much better off. We have a country that can make everyone live better. 

IMHO, we Canadians by nature have a wonderful federal, civilised society.

====

To me, Trudeau Jnr is a hypocrite. He flies around - his father stood his ground.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/ohdio/premiere/emissions/desautels-le-dimanche/segments/entrevue/77475/24-juin-1968-saint-jean-baptiste-repression-manifestation-matraque-police-politique-quebec-pierre-elliot-trudeau-eric-bedard

Most sadly, some people are using this name to become rich -while many live worse.

Edited by August1991

On 5/24/2023 at 1:13 AM, August1991 said:

This Covid mania reminded me of Soviet Russia.

You don't recall being reminded of Tiananmen China when Trudeau crushed the trucker convoy?

I'm pretty sure that'll always be the most manic thing about COVID that stands out in my mind when I think back on it.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

You don't recall being reminded of Tiananmen China when Trudeau crushed the trucker convoy?

I'm pretty sure that'll always be the most manic thing about COVID that stands out in my mind when I think back on it.

Nope - for me my 'manic' money goes to " We knew we were in trouble and people instinctively knew the right thing to do - everybody everywhere bought toilet paper and by god they didn't stop till the world was safe again."

History is not going to look back on this as humanity's finest hour.

Edited by CdnFox
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, eyeball said:

It was the ease at which ordinary people agreed with the authorities.

People wonder how the Nazis arrived in power - or how bubbles like 1929 occur.

This recent Covid panic should be evidence.

====

The events in 1989 in China are fundamentally different.

43 minutes ago, August1991 said:

It was the ease at which ordinary people agreed with the authorities.

People wonder how the Nazis arrived in power - or how bubbles like 1929 occur.

This recent Covid panic should be evidence.

====

The ease with which COVID mainstreamed whackjob conservative conspiracies is goddamned frightening.

The events in 1989 in China are fundamentally different.

Not according to convoy supporters.

49 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The ease with which COVID mainstreamed whackjob conservative conspiracies is goddamned frightening.

Not according to convoy supporters.

Surprisingly,

I favour Gorbachov - or as he referred to the TienMeng Square people - "Hot Heads".

Like, Deng Xiao Ping - I'm a pragmatist.

But when it comes to change, I prefer evolution. I'm conservative.