The Durham Report and The Exposition of The Libbies

1 hour ago, West said:

Their strategy was to screw over one candidate who had a substantial percentage of the vote. They wanted to keep that confidential because they are a corrupt party who knew there'd be backlash if found out. 

Blame Hillary for being a scuzz if you are gonna blame anyone 

Like I said, ^you got NOTHING to show that's not SOP for Republicans.

The ONLY reason you know what the Democrats did was RUSSIANS hacking the DNC SERVERS FOR TRUMP. 

13 hours ago, West said:

Their strategy was to screw over one candidate who had a substantial percentage of the vote. They wanted to keep that confidential because they are a corrupt party who knew there'd be backlash if found out. 

Blame Hillary for being a scuzz if you are gonna blame anyone 

Opposition research is a standard practice in politics. Both parties do it. And you know that the FusionGPS was first Republican-funded before the Dems funded it. If the Dems had done opposition research in New York, George Santos would have lost. 

Today, I read a report that Russia had added 500 Americans to a sanctions list; they are not allowed to travel to Russia. The list consists of all of Trump’s political enemies, like the cop who shot Ashlii Babbit, Brad Raffensberger, and Letitia James.  Putin blatantly favors Donald Trump, and they’ve done so since 2016.  

Edited by Rebound

3 hours ago, Rebound said:

Opposition research is a standard practice in politics. Both parties do it. And you know that the And you know that the FusionGPS was first Republican-funded. If the Dems had done it in New York, George Santos would have lost. 

Today, I read a report that Russia had added 500 Americans to a sanctions list; they are not allowed to travel to Russia. The list consists of all of Trump’s political enemies, like the cop who shot Ashlii Babbit, Brad Raffensberger, and Letitia James.  Putin blatantly favors Donald Trump, and they’ve done so since 2016.  

Lol.. well when you are conspiracy minded them everything you see confirms your delusions

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

Like I said, ^you got NOTHING to show that's not SOP for Republicans.

The ONLY reason you know what the Democrats did was RUSSIANS hacking the DNC SERVERS FOR TRUMP. 

Who says the reason they hacked Podesta's account is "for Trump"?

I bet they just hated Hillary-Billary.

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

To be honest - i think they didn't care about either one of them one way or another.

A lot of the time foreign gov'ts aren't trying to achieve a specific goal, like 'get so and so elected',  a lot of the time they just want to cause disruption and stir trouble. It destabilizes their opponents and keeps them from interfering internationally.

I think they just threw crap out there to get america wound up. I think the believed that the democrat voters thought Hillary was a cinch to win and making her look bad created turmoil.

Remember - the experts all agreed that the russian efforts did not actually affect the outcome of the campaing.

But - that was a VERY divisive campaign and when trump won the left lost it's collective mind entirely and the nation was plunged into chaos. America had next to no actual impact globally for the entire trump administration - he was the first president in forever not to start a war.

So - if their goal was to throw an election they really suck. If their ACTUAL goal was just to cause domestic strife ....  well i think we can say 'mission accomplished'  :) 

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

To be honest - i think they didn't care about either one of them one way or another.

A lot of the time foreign gov'ts aren't trying to achieve a specific goal, like 'get so and so elected',  a lot of the time they just want to cause disruption and stir trouble. It destabilizes their opponents and keeps them from interfering internationally.

I think they just threw crap out there to get america wound up. I think the believed that the democrat voters thought Hillary was a cinch to win and making her look bad created turmoil.

Remember - the experts all agreed that the russian efforts did not actually affect the outcome of the campaing.

But - that was a VERY divisive campaign and when trump won the left lost it's collective mind entirely and the nation was plunged into chaos. America had next to no actual impact globally for the entire trump administration - he was the first president in forever not to start a war.

So - if their goal was to throw an election they really suck. If their ACTUAL goal was just to cause domestic strife ....  well i think we can say 'mission accomplished'  :) 

Interesting take on the situation. 

Another thing that bothers me is, everyone just assumes the Russian government had something to do with it. I don't remember anyone proving they did. I remember the ip trail leading to Russia. That's it.

I don' know. That whole affair just sounds...too neatly packaged to me.

39 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Interesting take on the situation. 

Another thing that bothers me is, everyone just assumes the Russian government had something to do with it. I don't remember anyone proving they did. I remember the ip trail leading to Russia. That's it.

I don' know. That whole affair just sounds...too neatly packaged to me.

I'm sure the russians who messed with the election did so with the knowledge and blessing of the gov't.  It is FAR from the first country they've messed with.

Point of interest - there's been pretty strong evidence the us has messed with a few over time as well :)

I mean - if for no other reason than just to keep in practice and see the results it's worth it. Even if it doesn't shift the election watching how it disrupts people or affects the narrative can provide critical information for down the road.

Get some polling done, do a little interfering in specific areas, check again and see if there's any movement.

The russians don't have any elections. That means they don't have much natural data to draw on for how the actual dynamics of one works, and how public opinion can change and what kind of campaigns re most effective etc.  If they want to understand it of course they're going to experiment a little, and destabilizing the enemy is always a good idea.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I'm sure the russians who messed with the election did so with the knowledge and blessing of the gov't.  It is FAR from the first country they've messed with.

Point of interest - there's been pretty strong evidence the us has messed with a few over time as well :)

I mean - if for no other reason than just to keep in practice and see the results it's worth it. Even if it doesn't shift the election watching how it disrupts people or affects the narrative can provide critical information for down the road.

Get some polling done, do a little interfering in specific areas, check again and see if there's any movement.

The russians don't have any elections. That means they don't have much natural data to draw on for how the actual dynamics of one works, and how public opinion can change and what kind of campaigns re most effective etc.  If they want to understand it of course they're going to experiment a little, and destabilizing the enemy is always a good idea.

I think, given time, they will become more...liberal...and more inclined to try for real elections. But I find Russian culture to have a sort of pride in and respect for...power. they are also as fiercely patriotic as are the Yankees. Perhaps more these days.

They would have made a great ally.

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Putin is KNOWN to hate Hillary because she spoke out against his AUTHORITARIAN murders of journalists when she was SoS.

He has stated he considers that to be interference in their internal affairs.

OTOH, your hero Trump defended that by saying "we kill people, too" like there is some sort of equivalence. :vomit:

Looking forward to another of your revealing defenses of Trump.

Edited by robosmith
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

^This is BULLSHIT. Putin clearly wanted Trump to win and he said so when asked on NATIONAL TV.

Another of those NEWS CONFERENCES you MISSED cause FOS LIES didn't tell you about. it.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

^Another revelation of YOUR IGNORANCE. The Russians DO hold elections; but only AFTER Putin has all his opponents (like Nevalny) murdered or otherwise neutralized.

43 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Putin is KNOWN to hate Hillary because she spoke out against his AUTHORITARIAN murders of journalists when she was SoS.

Ummmm ... you kind of proved his point. 

40 minutes ago, robosmith said:

^This is BULLSHIT. Putin clearly wanted Trump to win and he said so when asked on NATIONAL TV.

THeRe iS NO NEED to BeLieEVe ^^^^^THIS  OPINION wiThOuT ProOF!!!!!

40 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Another of those NEWS CONFERENCES you MISSED cause FOS LIES didn't tell you about. it.

Or more likely you're just making crap up. :) 

I doubt he cared overly much either way.  I think he cared about the us being a little destabilized.

And guess what, - the russians did NOT affect the election ,  but they did do a lot to destabilize the us. It makes no sense that a powerful nation would fail to do something it set out to do - so if their big plan was to affect the election why didn't they?

But - if their plan was to just create strife and discord.... that has been HIGHLY successful.  They managed to get the FBI Chasing it's tail for half a decade and turn americans into snarling animals over who colluded with whom all while they sit back and laugh.

The fake info they gave in the steele dossier? Then turning around and saying they liked trump? And all the other shenannigans? For a minimal effort they screwed with the us big time :)

And weak minded !diots like yourself eat it up like candy :)

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

I think, given time, they will become more...liberal...and more inclined to try for real elections. But I find Russian culture to have a sort of pride in and respect for...power. they are also as fiercely patriotic as are the Yankees. Perhaps more these days.

They would have made a great ally.

Against whom? If russia and the US were allies we woudln't have anyone to be the bad guy. Even china needed russian tech for their military.'

I mean - virtually every significant conflict since ww2 would have never had happened without russian involvement. No vietnam, no korea, no gulf wars...  think about the damage to the movie and TV industries alone! No MASH? No Rambo movies? Do we even want to LIVE in that kind of world?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Or more likely you're just making crap up. :) 

I doubt he cared overly much either way.  I think he cared about the us being a little destabilized.

And guess what, - the russians did NOT affect the election ,  but they did do a lot to destabilize the us. It makes no sense that a powerful nation would fail to do something it set out to do - so if their big plan was to affect the election why didn't they?

But - if their plan was to just create strife and discord.... that has been HIGHLY successful.  They managed to get the FBI Chasing it's tail for half a decade and turn americans into snarling animals over who colluded with whom all while they sit back and laugh.

The fake info they gave in the steele dossier? Then turning around and saying they liked trump? And all the other shenannigans? For a minimal effort they screwed with the us big time :)

And weak minded !diots like yourself eat it up like candy :)

Here ya go You COULD avoid the embarrassment of being WRONG AGAIN by doing a simple google search BEFORE opening your mouth and proving yourself a fool.

4 minutes ago, robosmith said:

How ya figure? Hillary condemning Putin journalist assassinations does not change the FACTS of what HE did.

And we're talking about motive.  HIs point was the russians could easily have done what they were caught doing just because they hated hillary. And you pointed out they hated hillary. So there's no reason to believe trump had anything to do with anything - they may have just wanted to get rid of her.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Here ya go You COULD avoid the embarrassment of being WRONG AGAIN by doing a simple google search BEFORE opening your mouth and proving yourself a fool.

THeRe iS NO NEED to BeLieEVe ^^^^^THIS  OPINION wiThOuT ProOF!!!!!  There is nothing in that interview that says he cared much either way. Having a preference dosen't mean he cared about it

And PROVE  he didn't say it just to get the americans worked up!

Again - THeRe iS NO NEED to BeLieEVe YoUr  OPINION wiThOuT ProOF!!!!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

And we're talking about motive.  HIs point was the russians could easily have done what they were caught doing just because they hated hillary. And you pointed out they hated hillary. So there's no reason to believe trump had anything to do with anything - they may have just wanted to get rid of her.

You're twisting logic like a pretzel. Since Putin hated Hillary, he obviously WANTED the far more compliant Trump to win. AND SAID SO.

Just now, robosmith said:

You're twisting logic like a pretzel

Nope - it's simple truth. You just think truth looks like a pretzel because your mind doesn't use it much.

Just now, robosmith said:

Since Putin hated Hillary, he obviously WANTED the far more compliant Trump to win. AND SAID SO.

No, he may just have wanted hillary to lose. There's a difference.  And that was the poster's point - he doesn't have to like trump at all.  He may even not want trump as president. If he hates hillary more tho - that's enough.

Hopefully you understand the difference and what it would mean. If not - i'll get some crayons out for you and go over it again.

Frankly i think he just wanted to create instability in the us. And that actually worked out very well.

12 hours ago, robosmith said:

OTOH, your hero Trump defended that by saying "we kill people, too" like there is some sort of equivalence. :vomit:

Looking forward to another of your revealing defenses of Trump.

So he does hate Hillary-Billary. Go figure...

Hilarious thread. The Durham report was a major flop. It’s another example of the Losers losing and then claiming they won, the standard MAGA tactic.  No grand revelations. No deep state conspiracies exposed. No indictments. 

All Durham did was document flaws in investigations that were already addressed by Justice Department’s inspirational general Horowitz:

Just as [Trump’s] and his supporters’ wild and invented claims of election fraud floundered in court (Fox News also agreed to pay a $787.5 million settlement for amplifying lies about Dominion Voting Systems), the political noise surrounding Mr. Durham’s efforts ultimately ran up against reality.

In that sense, it was less that Mr. Durham failed to deliver and more that Attorney General William P. Barr set him up to fail the moment he assigned Mr. Durham to find evidence proving Mr. Trump’s claims about the Russia investigation.

There were real-world flaws with the Russia investigation, especially how the F.B.I. botched applications to wiretap a former Trump campaign adviser. But the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, found those problems, leaving Mr. Durham with depleted hunting grounds.

Indeed, credit for Mr. Durham’s only courtroom success, a guilty plea by an F.B.I. lawyer who doctored an email during preparations for a wiretap renewal, belongs to Mr. Horowitz, who uncovered the misconduct.

At the same time, Mr. Horowitz kneecapped Mr. Durham’s investigation by finding no evidence that F.B.I. actions were politically motivated. He also concluded that the basis of the Russia inquiry — an Australian diplomat’s tip related to the release of Democratic emails hacked by Russia — was sufficient to open a full investigation.

Before Mr. Horowitz released his December 2019 report, Mr. Durham lobbied him to drop that finding, arguing the F.B.I. should have instead opened a preliminary inquiry. When Mr. Horowitz declined, Mr. Durham issued an extraordinary statement saying he disagreed based on “evidence collected to date” in his inquiry.

But even as Mr. Durham’s report questioned whether the F.B.I. should have opened it as a lower-level investigation, he stopped short of stating that opening a full one violated any rule.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/17/us/politics/durham-report-trump-russia.html

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Against whom? If russia and the US were allies we woudln't have anyone to be the bad guy. Even china needed russian tech for their military.'

I mean - virtually every significant conflict since ww2 would have never had happened without russian involvement. No vietnam, no korea, no gulf wars...  think about the damage to the movie and TV industries alone! No MASH? No Rambo movies? Do we even want to LIVE in that kind of world?

Ya the military industry would have nobody to kill. Meh...