Who are these trump supporters?

Donald uplifted a segment of society that, for years, felt unheard, discarded...disenfranchised.

The Jethro's...... The low I.Q. anons........ The angry dregs of humanity.... Donald told these misfits that he sees them.... Told them that their antiquated notions and resentments were valid..... He told them that he, and he alone, could raise them above the din to their full magnificent potential.

His minions took the bait and haven't let go since.
I give Donald props for that.
He's the King of the misfits.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

46 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

...The Jethro's...... The low I.Q. anons........ The angry dregs of humanity....

Actually, Trump's support was and continues to be far more diverse than just the narrow "deplorables" demographic.  Has to be because Trump got 74 million votes in the 2020 election (47%).

Religion also plays a large role in Trump nation:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/08/30/most-white-americans-who-regularly-attend-worship-services-voted-for-trump-in-2020/

23 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Actually, Trump's support was and continues to be far more diverse than just the narrow "deplorables" demographic.  Has to be because Trump got 74 million votes in the 2020 election (47%).

Religion also plays a large role in Trump nation:

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/08/30/most-white-americans-who-regularly-attend-worship-services-voted-for-trump-in-2020/

The United States lists #29th in average I.Q. by country. But I agree, it's more than just low I.Q. 

People who felt unheard latched onto Donald right off, which was a large section of Americans. Nobody, myself included, wanted to vote for Hillary because she was obviously going to be a continuation of the same old status quo. And Donald wasn't an option for folks like me because he was known to be ethically and morally corrupt.

How Donald suckered in religious factions with his known issues is beyond logic. But he did pull it off. 

Truthfully, pointing out the intellectually challenged amongst Donald minions comes natural because they loudly stand out like a sore thumb and are thus an easy target.

I do concede that not all of his supporters are low I.Q. anons.

40 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

...And Donald wasn't an option for folks like me because he was known to be ethically and morally corrupt.

Lots of people voted for Bill Clinton too, morals and ethics be damned.   Morals and ethics usually take a back seat to "just win baby" for entrenched political parties in the USA, Canada, and most other nations.

How Donald suckered in religious factions with his known issues is beyond logic. But he did pull it off. 

Truthfully, pointing out the intellectually challenged amongst Donald minions comes natural because they loudly stand out like a sore thumb and are thus an easy target.

I do concede that not all of his supporters are low I.Q. anons.

Trump rallied several factions and special interest groups to his cause and agenda to disrupt the current system.   Guns, god, right-to-lifers, business, strong borders, isolationism, etc. brought many voters to his side.

Repeatedly and so easily attacking Trump's base only made him stronger, and probably cost Hillary Clinton the 2016 election.

10 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Yup.... Jethro doesn't like mirrors.

True, but it is also a reflection of the mindset and group think of the Jethro haters.    "Jethros" help to build America, and are still relevant today in many sectors.  The urban elitists think they are superior, because it is very important to them to do so.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

True, but it is also a reflection of the mindset and group think of the Jethro haters.    "Jethros" help to build America, and are still relevant today in many sectors.  The urban elitists think they are superior, because it is very important to them to do so.

I agree. The salt of the earth has always been the backbone of America. But in a land where "all people are created equal" there is no place for those that demand the vilification of certain subsets of our society. And that is what is being attempted now. 

If your religion or bigoted mindset doesn't allow for " live and let live", then there's going to be problems. If these MAGA miscreants can't get along peacefully with those they see as sick or inferior....... There's going to be more problems.

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

In my opinion, not all people who voted for Trump can be considered "misfits." Rather, I see their vote as a form of protest. Middle America enjoyed a relatively prosperous time until the emergence of AI and Deep Learning Technology, and it is understandable to have a react when economic conditions worsen. People are more likely to turn to those who speak loudly and promise to "bring back jobs". However, I think it's important to acknowledge that this change happened, and it had a significant impact on the economy, leading to political frustration. Also, it does not help to have men like late night comedians calling people misfits daily on TV, you think on top of the economic insecurity they will like that? Also, lots of Cubans, and African American conservatives vote for Trump, in my view they don't agree with the fast social changes that the Democratic Party is aiming for. This is why Republicans have invested heavily in minority politicians and leaders in the communities. 

I can agree that the status quo in 2016 wasn't something I wanted to see gain in strength. When Donald was elected, Against my better judgement I thought to myself " let's give him a chance". I went into Donald's presidency with an open mind.

Unfortunately, Donald started to push against everything we'd won. All the strides forward, Donald and his disciples wanted to go in the exact opposite direction.

Donald put his own foot in his own mouth. You can't blame his fall on  "comedians" , though I have noticed his minions tend to refuse to find any fault in him at all.  

In the final analysis, Donalds rhetoric has managed to divided this country more than we've been divided since the civil war.

That's not a leader. 

He's nearly destroyed us 

13 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

...If your religion or bigoted mindset doesn't allow for " live and let live", then there's going to be problems. If these MAGA miscreants can't get along peacefully with those they see as sick or inferior....... There's going to be more problems.

This is the story of America...it is problems and conflicts that built a nation and keep the sizzle going.   It starts with the U.S. Constitution, and it cuts both ways.   The elitists can hate Jethro all they want, but Jethro doesn't care.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is the story of America...it is problems and conflicts that built a nation and keep the sizzle going.   It starts with the U.S. Constitution, and it cuts both ways.   The elitists can hate Jethro all they want, but Jethro doesn't care.

The law of the land is "all people are created equal".

As long as Donalds supporters continue to attack allowing everyone here to " live and let live", there's going to be more problems.

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

The law of the land is "all people are created equal".

As long as Donalds supporters continue to attack allowing everyone here to " live and let live", there's going to be more problems.

No...this has never been true in practice...not politically...not socially, and especially not economically.   Democrats were the party of slavery...and the GOP was founded by abolitionists.   Roles and policies have morphed over the years, but some truths remain self evident.

"Live and let live" applies to guns, free speech, association, religion, etc.  The elitists want to forget that part, but the Jethros won't let them.

Yea OK, enough of this poor and forgotten sad little demographic that just yearns to be heard. These people are dumbarses, have and always will be dumbarses. But now the dumbarses want to take the wheel. This will never happen even though their Cheeto Messiah lets them think he can make this so.. True democracy loving America will never let dumb assed hating ammo sexuals run this great country.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...this has never been true in practice...not politically...not socially, and especially not economically.   Democrats were the party of slavery...and the GOP was founded by abolitionists.   Roles and policies have morphed over the years, but some truths remain self evident.

"Live and let live" applies to guns, free speech, association, religion, etc.  The elitists want to forget that part, but the Jethros won't let them.

Hummm..... Whether you are black, Chinese, gay, trans, a farmer, a drag queen, a plumber, Irish, Republican, Democrat, whatever... Here in America, the laws govern is all equally.

Donald's minions demand a world ruled by prejudice, bigotry and religious dogma. 

This ain't Iran.

That shits not going to fly here.

No matter how many Jethro's whine into their laptops.

4 hours ago, NYLefty said:

Yea OK, enough of this poor and forgotten sad little demographic that just yearns to be heard. These people are dumbarses, have and always will be dumbarses. But now the dumbarses want to take the wheel. This will never happen even though their Cheeto Messiah lets them think he can make this so.. True democracy loving America will never let dumb assed hating ammo sexuals run this great country.

Well, frankly, they have taken the wheel.

And like it or not our response has been amateurish at best.

Regardless of how stu pid or not these folks are, we.... The educated ones.... Are going to have to be the ones who figure out how to compromise and live with these people. Because the other side.... They want us hurting. And they are not f__king around.

We need to find a acceptable solution. Or it's all gunna fall to shit.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Hummm..... Whether you are black, Chinese, gay, trans, a farmer, a drag queen, a plumber, Irish, Republican, Democrat, whatever... Here in America, the laws govern is all equally.

Sure...that's the ideal...but has never been the reality.   Anybody who thinks Trump is the devil incarnate has a very poor understanding of U.S. history,  going back to the very beginning. Jackson, Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, and others have all left their marks.   Donald Trump was just another U.S. president.

As for "nearly destroying us", I can easily remember bigger and bloodier problems in the 60's and 70's (e.g. Vietnam War, Cold War, Civil Rights, Misery Index, etc.).

Just because social media can amplify individual and group voices does not change the U.S. story arc that repeats itself just as it always has.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure...that's the ideal...but has never been the reality.   Anybody who thinks Trump is the devil incarnate has a very poor understanding of U.S. history,  going back to the very beginning. Jackson, Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, and others have all left their marks.   Donald Trump was just another U.S. president.

As for "nearly destroying us", I can easily remember bigger and bloodier problems in the 60's and 70's (e.g. Vietnam War, Cold War, Civil Rights, Misery Index, etc.).

Just because social media can amplify individual and group voices does not change the U.S. story arc that repeats itself just as it always has.

But you do recognize societal progress, correct? 

MAGA doesn't see it as progress.

MAGA demands we go back.

But "Going back" hasn't been my experience here.

There's a ton of folks like me who welcome the progress we've made and don't take kindly to obstinate old coots demanding we legislate their antiquated dogma.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Just now, CrakHoBarbie said:

But you do recognize societal progress, correct? 

MAGA doesn't see it as progress.

MAGA demands we go back.

But "Going back" hasn't been my experience here.

Can't have it both ways....religious freedom applies to all...gun rights apply to all...free speech applies to all...etc., etc.   This is going back to the founding tenets of the U.S. republic.  Individual rights over the government collectivists.   This ain't Canada !

There's a ton of folks like me who welcome the progress we've made and don't take kindly to obstinate old coots demanding we legislate their antiquated dogma.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

The U.S. Constitution is going to be a problem then...backed up by the U.S. Supreme Court.   Change the Constitution....

59 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Can't have it both ways....religious freedom applies to all...gun rights apply to all...free speech applies to all...etc., etc.   This is going back to the founding tenets of the U.S. republic.  Individual rights over the government collectivists.   This ain't Canada !

The U.S. Constitution is going to be a problem then...backed up by the U.S. Supreme Court.   Change the Constitution....

Religious freedom? You've Misunderstood. I care not what religion you want to follow. Just don't try to force me to abide by your religions dogma through legislation. Our separation of church and state means we don't legislate according to religious dogma. 

Live and let live.

Something Catholicism and MAGA has never been good at.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

16 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

Religious freedom? You've Misunderstood. I care not what religion you want to follow. Just don't try to force me to abide by your religions dogma through legislation. Our separation of church and state means we don't legislate according to religious dogma. 

Live and let live.

Something Catholicism has never been good at.

No, I have not misunderstood.   Anyone who believes in equal rights for all should also protect the civil rights of those they do not agree with.   This means that free speech, gun rights, religion, etc. are to be protected.

Why don't the Trump haters ever stand up for the opposition's rights even while vehemently disagreeing...a la Voltaire ?

Nothing special about Catholicism or Biden's belief system, but they are protected just like many others.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, I have not misunderstood.   Anyone who believes in equal rights for all should also protect the civil rights of those they do not agree with.   This means that free speech, gun rights, religion, etc. are to be protected.

Why don't the Trump haters ever stand up for the opposition's rights even while vehemently disagreeing...a la Voltaire ?

Nothing special about Catholicism or Biden's belief system, but they are protected just like many others.

Oh my.... Your going off on a tangent. 

And by the way, yeah you totally misunderstood. 

. I do not care what religion you want to follow. Just don't try to force me to abide by your religions dogma through legislation. Our separation of church and state means we don't legislate according to the tenets of anyone's religion.

Do you understand now?

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

1 hour ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

. I do not care what religion you want to follow. Just don't try to force me to abide by your religions dogma through legislation. Our separation of church and state means we don't legislate according to the tenets of anyone's religion.

Do you understand now?

Not a tangent at all....do you agree that Trump "Jethros" have the right to their beliefs and actions within constitutional and legal frameworks ?   Will you defend their right to do so even when faced with "progressive" pressure to denounce and cancel them ?

Separation of church and state does not mean no religion/symbols in the public space, government, personal beliefs by legislators, etc.   It simply means:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Don't believe me ?  Try to cancel Christmas Day as a national holiday.

• Like 1