Trudeau Liberals erasing Canadian history

Rex Murphy: We must stand on guard for Canada's symbols

Passport 'redesign' and the banning of Newfoundland's anthem all part of a progressive attack on our nation

I see the new passport design is stirring much comment. A few people are asking why so “trivial” a matter is absorbing such public interest.

One answer to that question might be that the passport is not like some ticket for a movie, or a name-tag at some consciousness-deadening seminar put on by pale social justice warriors.

The passport is the supreme document of Canadian citizenry. It has immense legal significance. And, even more, it is a symbol.

Symbols count. They are the physical manifestations of our common identity — real identity, not the current faddish egoistical brand. We erase them or degrade them at considerable risk. Doing so erodes our communal relationship and undermines the essential unity of a people with common goals and shared history: we call such unity a country.

Anthems are another symbol. True, they are sung. They are not like statues or monuments like the shrines to Canadian soldiers at Juno Beach, or the great bronze caribou that ever memorializes the Royal Newfoundland Regiment at the Beaumont Hamel battle site in Somme, France.

Now in the current Liberal government, half the answer is already available. The political philosopher who proclaimed Canada as the first “post-national state,” and who has admiration for the Chinese model of government, obviously has little time, less appreciation, and no real understanding of the ties of history, the records of conflict in the great wars, or even the heroics closer to our day — the inspiring marathon of a non-war hero, Terry Fox.

So when you have a government “redesign” the passport, taking out images of Vimy Ridge in favour of some plastic reproductions of vague figurines, or have Memorial University “ban” (this is pure outrage) the singing of the provincial anthem, the Ode to Newfoundland, at its convocations, we should both wonder and follow up our wonder with the question: Who asked for these changes?

I accept that “deracination” is an unfamiliar word. Its pure meaning is to “tear from the roots” or destroy the roots altogether. By extension, it means to cleave totally from the past, to see the past as something to be apologized for. With equal brass it also implies that the present is the only and incontestable site of governance and values.

Deracination, in these meanings, is the motive impulse of the Trudeau government, its only central drive — to refashion the country until it matches the image in the present-day progressive mirror. It views the past of Canada, primarily, as something to correct

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/we-must-stand-on-guard-for-canadas-symbols

Canada is becoming a cartoonish parody of the once great country called Canada that punched far above its weight in both World Wars, developed cutting edge technology in aerospace, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, human rights, telecommunications, and much more.

The replacement of the crucifix on our Crown with the snowflake, the erasure of the sacrifices at the Somme and Ypes and Vimy Ridge with our dedication of a million soldiers, our anthems and progressive achievements in public education, all dismissed by the cultural revolutionary Liberals, with the blessing of state-funded media and EDI corporate and government ideologues, fascists basically.  The brainwashed public, scared of cancellation, won’t say boo in response.  The payoffs to government-allied “charities” with your tax dollars ensure that the messaging and compliance align with the Post-National agenda.

Edited by Zeitgeist

8 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada is becoming a cartoonish parody of the once great country called Canada that punched far above its weight in both World Wars, developed cutting edge technology in aerospace, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, human rights, telecommunications, and much more.

The replacement of the crucifix on our Crown with the snowflake, the erasure of the sacrifices at the Somme and Ypes and Vimy Ridge with our dedication of a million soldiers, our anthems and progressive achievements in public education, all dismissed by the cultural revolutionary Liberals, with the blessing of state-funded media and EDI corporate and government ideologues, fascists basically.  The brainwashed public, scared of cancellation, won’t say boo in response.  The payoffs to government-allied “charities” with your tax dollars ensure that the messaging and compliance align with the Post-National agenda.

first the Liberals claimed that the Terry Fox monument was being "desecrated"

become someone put a scarf on it

now they turn around and erase Terry Fox, replacing him with nothing but a void

talk about Orwellian

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Will the Conservative party platform be based on putting everything back just the way it was?

I don't know

I don't watch the news, so I'm not expert on what the Conservative platform is

I only see what is posted on this forum in terms of that

but I am not even saying things have to be put back the way they were

I just have nothing to believe in, nothing to relate to

with Canada being rendered into a void without any history, identity,  nor culture

43 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Will the Conservative party platform be based on putting everything back just the way it was?

I think it'll involve righting some of the terrible wrongs that the libs have done. Getting rid of censorship would be an example.  Getting rid of the chinese buying elections would be another - basically those liberal policies that are harmful to the country,

Some things can't be "undone' or put back as they were though. Trudeau more than doubled the debt. There's no reversing that. The divisions he's created across the country will take many many years to heal, if they ever do.  Trudeau has permanently scarred the country and with some things there just is no going back to the way it was.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:16 AM, eyeball said:

I'm only interested in them for the purpose of seeing how far and long you guy's will gaslight yourselves before you explode.

Is it safe to safe Trudeau gets up your noses even worse than taking action against climate change - that is to say he's even more of a threat than both climate change and climate change action at the same time?

This is my favourite post of the month.  I’m sorry I didn’t see it sooner.  

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

I think it'll involve righting some of the terrible wrongs that the libs have done. Getting rid of censorship would be an example.

What censorship and how exactly?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Getting rid of the chinese buying elections would be another - basically those liberal policies that are harmful to the country,

Accommodating Chinese interference is also a Conservative policy going back decades. What is it about Conservatives that has changed so drastically?

On 5/10/2023 at 2:05 PM, BeaverFever said:

All cultures evolve thats why we don’t still live like cavemen amd follow their traditions.

If you think that our country is evolving right now then you must be a Trudeau crony.

We're actually in a retrogression stage right now, going from being a free, inclusive society to one that's increasingly under gov't control and openly divided.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

What censorship and how exactly?

Oh this has been discussed a billion times. Both here and in the media etc. If you can't understand it yet then you're just not smart enough for that discussion.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Accommodating Chinese interference is also a Conservative policy going back decades. What is it about Conservatives that has changed so drastically?

It has never been a conservative policy in the slightest. Sorry - that's exclusively liberal. Justin's happy to sell various ridings to the chinese for money. But like chretien said - it's only about 13 ridings that he sold to the chinese so it's not THAAT many :)

44 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

It has never been a conservative policy in the slightest. Sorry - that's exclusively liberal. Justin's happy to sell various ridings to the chinese for money. But like chretien said - it's only about 13 ridings that he sold to the chinese so it's not THAAT many :)

Hmmmm.

China has interfered for decades but every government ignored it, ex-CSIS agent tells MPs

'I want to be very clear. We can prove that every federal government from Mr. Mulroney to Mr. Trudeau (has) been compromised by agents of Communist China'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/china-has-interfered-for-decades-mps-told/wcm/498010eb-4d76-47bd-845c-64f6526aee5a/amp/

45 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Oh this has been discussed a billion times. Both here and in the media etc. If you can't understand it yet then you're just not smart enough for that discussion.

I'm just not foolish enough to fall for the hooey you discuss.

A billion times you say?  You guys sure like talking about hooey.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Hmmmm.

China has interfered for decades but every government ignored it, ex-CSIS agent tells MPs

'I want to be very clear. We can prove that every federal government from Mr. Mulroney to Mr. Trudeau (has) been compromised by agents of Communist China'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/china-has-interfered-for-decades-mps-told/wcm/498010eb-4d76-47bd-845c-64f6526aee5a/amp/

That's not "policy" - and only ONE gov't actually accepted money from them willingly. And that'd be trudeau.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You mean you prefer to ignore the truth.

Yeah. We knew that.

Leftists:

there  is  no  recession

There  is  no  inflation

the  covid  vaccine  saved  us  all

no  one  was  forced  to  take  the  perfect  vaccine      it's  so  perfect     some  say  it's  the  most  perfect  vaccine  ever

there  is  no  censorship

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Leftists:

there  is  no  recession

There  is  no  inflation

the  covid  vaccine  saved  us  all

no  one  was  forced  to  take  the  perfect  vaccine      it's  so  perfect     some  say  it's  the  most  perfect  vaccine  ever

there  is  no  censorship

We never heard about chinese interference.

I didn't sexually assault her - women just sometimes experience things differently.

The budget will balance itself.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I didn't sexually assault her - women just sometimes experience things differently.

That's leftspeak for "All b's want it." 

A true classic.

I hope Trump says that one day, just to see how bad leftists melt down about it.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You mean you prefer to ignore the truth.

Yeah. We knew that.

Again, you keep saying stuff about things that are impossible for you to verify or validate.

This is why I look to partisan supporters to provide the best clue about the direction the leaders they support will take.

My grandkids other grandparents told me about Chinese interference occuring in Canada years ago.

You knew nothing then and even less now.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Again, you keep saying stuff about things that are impossible for you to verify or validate.

Oh everyone here knows you don't like the truth

Hell when you get busted on it you go back and change what you wrote and then pretend you never did.  People see it, they are aware of the truth.  Sorry kiddo - you made your bed, you get to lie in it.