Liberal government destroyed the Crown

National Post article, "First Reading:  Did Trudeau Turn the Canadian Crown Into a Woke Icon?"

FIRST READING: Did Trudeau turn the Canadian Crown into a woke icon? (msn.com)

_____________________________________________________________---

The Governor General's government website has a link to the Heraldry pages that show various heraldry symbols that the "Canadian Heraldry Authority" as they call their department produces.  This bureaucracy is under the control of the the Governor General, Mary Simon.   You can see the various symbols they produce.  If you understand the GG is heavily attached to her aboriginal heritage and of course most of these so-called heraldry items will reflect FN ideas or culture.   Perhaps that is where the idea for the woke crown came from.

heraldry.png

Here is one-minute video on the change to the Crown.

Putting a snowflake in the crown kind of fits with a Trudeau crown as the snowflake could be a fitting symbol depending on one's point of view.  

FIRST READING: Did Trudeau turn the Canadian Crown into a woke icon? (msn.com)

Derogatory use of the word:

Snowflake :-   an overly sensitive or easily offended person, or one who believes they are entitled to special treatment on account of their supposedly unique characteristics:

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't pick fights, I'm not interested in doing victory laps, I don't initiate personal attacks

I criticize the government, not members of the forum

You Lazarushian-leather Gunga Din!   
   Though I’ve belted you and flayed you,   
      By the livin’ Gawd that made you,
   You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Bloody imbeciles so stuck on political jargon they equate a snowflake as not representing snow-weather-climate anymore.
Do they have to change it to a Polar bear or Beluga until some bozos decide those mean something else?

Ditch the whole 'Crown' symbol and create one that represents only Canada. You want heritage? Put a Union Jack and a Fleur de Lis on either side of a totem pole. A kermode bear, a cod and a beluga around it. Don't want to be reminded it snows? Change the flake to an inukshuk.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Bloody imbeciles so stuck on political jargon they equate a snowflake as not representing snow-weather-climate anymore.
Do they have to change it to a Polar bear or Beluga until some bozos decide those mean something else?

Ditch the whole 'Crown' symbol and create one that represents only Canada. You want heritage? Put a Union Jack and a Fleur de Lis on either side of a totem pole. A kermode bear, a cod and a beluga around it. Don't want to be reminded it snows? Change the flake to an inukshuk.

Hewith,  a Panda bear would be fitting at this moment of our take-over by China . . . don't you think?

Why the name calling?  Makes you look smaller yet . . . . run along now little man.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, herbie said:

Say something intelligent sometime. Surprise us!

Hey Herbie, why is the Canadian bureaucracy even messing around changing the Royal Crown in the first place?  The Royal Crown belongs to the nation of Canada which is tied to the Constitutional Monarchy.  Does Trudeau and GG's Heritage Department think they have the right to just change something like an historic royal emblem on their own whim?   Sounds kind of pretentious and presumptuous, don't you think.  I would think such a move would require the consultation and approval of the people of Canada as well all the important groups that use the Crown as an emblem on their uniforms as part of the Coat of Arms, etc.  That includes the RCMP, the Canadian Armed Forces, and various other usages of the Coat of Arms.  One would think they would also be asked as well as the 40 million Canadians what they want.

Edited by blackbird

• 2 weeks later...

Lots. Remember the ones that shit bricks when they took the smoky trains and ugly refineries off the paper money and put birds on it.

Some people can't handle any change at all. They need routine like autistics... everything must stay the same from when they were born until they die. Soon there will be complaints they're "erasing QE II" when she's gone from the coins.

• 8 months later...

I find it curious that none of our resident monarchists have commented on our head of government’s cancer diagnosis yet. Apparently, it’s not prostate cancer according to CNN and was discovered incidentally during his recent hospitalization. So one might wonder about leukaemia or lung cancer. Let’s hope they give us some more details soon. 

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I find it curious that none of our resident monarchists have commented on our head of government’s cancer diagnosis yet.

not the Head of Government

Sovereign, Head of State & Commander-in-Chief

I've just arrived home from work to hear the news now

very distressing

as tho my prayers are with His Majesty

a sickly monarch is bad form for the Firm

HRH Prince of Wales, stand by, stand by

Quis Seperabit

Prince-William-Uniform-Change-061223-02-

On 5/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, BeaverFever said:

Sounds like the same whining we heard from conservatives when Canada adopted its own flag instead of keeping the British flag.   We don’t need constitutional amendments for purely symbolic matters.  It has a freakin unicorn on it for gods sake

We did not have the British flag, otherwise known as the Union Jack. We had the red ensign, which basically resembles the one Ontario has now, but with a different coat of arms, and a union jack in the upper left corner.

And it connected us with our history in a way the new does not.

Which, of course, is why the old one was done away with. The Liberals want to destroy English Canada's connection to its historical roots. That's certainly a part of the new crest redesign, as well.

Edited by I am Groot

On 5/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, BeaverFever said:

The truth is we only have constitutional rights because Pierre Trudeau, who did more to enshrine and guarantee those rights when he championed and spearheaded the constitution.

Trudeau's constitution gave us nothing we didn't already have. No one was freed from the dungeon because of it. Torture was not banned because of it. It did, however, help criminals out a lot by ensuring trials would now be according to minute technical points of the interpretation placed on the constitution, as opposed to whether or not they did the deed. Overall, the cost to Canada of the Trudeau constitution is incalculable, but certainly in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Much of which went to lawyers.

In 1950 Canada had one lawyer for every 1651 people. We now have one lawyer for every 402 people. I cannot think of any way in which society is better for this.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 1

The new Constitution of 1982 Charter of Rights brought a number of negative things.  Freedom of the individual according to how some liberal judges on the Supreme Court interpret it is now all that matters.

We ended up with medical assistance in dying with all the negative consequences that will bring.  Devaluation of human life, a medical system that includes death as a tool, negative consequences for relatives of people who choose MAID, and threaten the security and lives of handicapped people, etc.  Anyone who is less than the perfect specimen could become a victim of MAID.   Abortion on demand, more rights for criminals such as a life sentence means parole hearings after so many years.  This puts the victims families through the ringer every few years as they must attend parole hearings to defend themselves against the release of a dangerous offender.  Some businesses are closing due to lax laws and constant crime against the businesses.

Huge numbers of illegal migrants flooding into Canada, probably because of the Constitution.  Does it really protect Canadians or give rights to the rest of world?  Was the 10.5 million dollar payout to a known terrorist a result of the Constitution... perhaps.  What about all the progressive nonsense and teaching gender identity in schools?  Again was this a result of the Charter of Rights?  Was the legalization of same-sex marriage another result of the Charter of Rights, whereby anybody can claim rights for almost anything imaginable.  When are people going to be able to marry their pets?  

We must not forget the government adopting the U.N. UNDRIP, which now appears to be a disaster in the making.  All these things are born out of the Charter idea that every individual has unlimited rights and FNs have more special rights than anyone else.

Edited by blackbird

21 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Of course, head of state.

the Canadian constitutional separation of powers

the Head of Government ;  is not a monarch

the Sovereign, Head of State & Commander-in-Chief ; is not a politician

"Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law"

~ Charter of Rights & Freedoms, preamble

God save the heir to the throne of Victoria Regina Imperatrix ; Mother Canada

Pro Patria

On 2/5/2024 at 7:21 PM, I am Groot said:

We did not have the British flag, otherwise known as the Union Jack. We had the red ensign, which basically resembles the one Ontario has now, but with a different coat of arms, and a union jack in the upper left corner.

And it connected us with our history in a way the new does not.

Which, of course, is why the old one was done away with. The Liberals want to destroy English Canada's connection to its historical roots. That's certainly a part of the new crest redesign, as well.

The Red Ensign was an unofficial flag that was only used domestically and even then not when royalty was visiting. Have you ever noticed the Brits don’t have Viking or German symbols on their flag?  Every group of people on this planet including your dear Brits came from some other group.  Every other nation on earth is aloud to develop their own identity and symbols except Canada,  is that it?  Even when British no longer make up a majority of the population?  What kind of BS is that?  We also have a French history too BTW. IN fact the French were here first.

Just because we’re not tattooing the British flag on out f-cking foreheads doesn’t mean we’re erasing our British history we still Royal this an d that everywhere including our money. Too much of it if you ask me. Time for Canada to stop acting like a colony. 

On 2/5/2024 at 7:24 PM, I am Groot said:

Like many globalists, you just don't like anything connecting us to our history, culture and roots.

Bullsh1t. I like history culture and roots plenty I’m just intelligent enough to understand those things are more than just the British monarchy   I also am intelligent enough to understand that “history and culture” evolve over time for everyone. Even Britain and are not permanently frozen. 

Like many chauvinists you just don’t like anything NOT connected to the things you’ve memorized as your own personal history culture and roots  

Also do you not understand the idiocy of your comment?  You’re the one who wants Canada to not have its own symbols and identity but instead use those of a foreign country but Im the “globalist”?  Hilarious 

Edited by BeaverFever

On 2/5/2024 at 7:26 PM, I am Groot said:

Trudeau's constitution gave us nothing we didn't already have.

That is such a stupid thing to say. Seriously?  From the party that claims to be the party of rights? Before the constitution there were no  constitutional “rights”. There was only the edict of parliament. 

On 2/5/2024 at 7:26 PM, I am Groot said:

I cannot think of any way in which society is better for this.

Well it doesn’t surprise me that YOU can’t think of  anything but that certain doesn’t mean nobody can!

You’re way out of your depth. Your Trudeau Derangement Syndrome is taking you to some strange places!

14 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The Red Ensign was an unofficial flag that was only used domestically and even then not when royalty was visiting.

It was the flag the Canadian military fought under in WW2 and Korea. It was the flag flown by Canadian warships in both wars and afterward as well as at Canadian military bases in Europe after the war. 

Have you ever noticed the Brits don’t have Viking or German symbols on their flag?

But they do have symbols of England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland to symbolize the union. Which was considered somewhat more important than the 'migrants' who arrived many hundreds of years earlier. There's only so much you can put on a flag, after all.

The Red Ensign symbolized Canada through its coat of arms and the union jack as our historical foundation. The maple leaf symbolizes uh... well... uh... it's the same colour as the Liberal Party! Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Every group of people on this planet including your dear Brits came from some other group.  Every other nation on earth is aloud to develop their own identity and symbols except Canada,  is that it?

If you have to develop an identity by government forcefully removing symbols and ties of your historical origins then you're in trouble. And hey! We're in trouble! Our own prime minister (proudly) says we HAVE no core identity! And furthermore, we're not a nation! So how's that going, boy!?

What kind of BS is that?  We also have a French history too BTW. IN fact the French were here first.

Yeah, but they decided this place sucked ass and they'd rather have Haiti, so they traded Quebec away. Doesn't sound like they deserve to be on the flag.

Just because we’re not tattooing the British flag on out f-cking foreheads doesn’t mean we’re erasing our British history we still Royal this an d that everywhere including our money. Too much of it if you ask me. Time for Canada to stop acting like a colony. 

Royal what? We used to have royal everywhere but the Liberals removed that from everything they could, from the mail to the mint. They even stopped calling government ministries ministries and called them departments, instead. And you can bet they're itching to remove Charles from our coins and the last bill he's still on, the $20. I mean, Christ, they took John A MacDonald, the founder of this country off the $10 to replace with a hairdresser whose only historical contribution to Canada was she was black and got fined for sitting in the wrong part of a movie theater!

Bullsh1t. I like history culture and roots plenty I’m just intelligent enough to understand those things are more than just the British monarchy

Yeah? But the monarchy is just about all that's left that Liberal governments haven't eliminated.

Yet.

Like many chauvinists you just don’t like anything NOT connected to the things you’ve memorized as your own personal history culture and roots  

Nonsense. I'm all for memorializing the great points of Canada's history. Unfortunately, we don't do that. The last time I went to the National History Museum in Gatineau it had virtually nothing about Canada there other than the natives. Exhibit after exhibit after exhibit on natives but ZERO on how confederation came about. IS that weird and wild or what? Nothing on our prime ministers through the ages. Nothing on the struggle to unite the country, on building the railroad, on incorporating Newfoundland. Lots of natives, though! 

That place has been decolonized like hell. It's a perfect Liberal museum!

By the way, have you heard we have no core identity?

Also do you not understand the idiocy of your comment?  You’re the one who wants Canada to not have its own symbols and identity but instead use those of a foreign country but Im the “globalist”?  Hilarious 

Nice straw man! Except it's pretty obvious. I'm sure you can do better if you work at it.

That is such a stupid thing to say. Seriously?  From the party that claims to be the party of rights? Before the constitution there were no  constitutional “rights”. There was only the edict of parliament. 

In other words, the laws in place were controlled by the people we put in place. And if we didn't like those laws we could replace those people and get new ones. I like that concept! It's call de-mo-cra-cy, I think.

Now our rights are decided by unelected people based on on their own ideological views and beliefs. And we can't do a thing about them.

Well it doesn’t surprise me that YOU can’t think of  anything but that certain doesn’t mean nobody can!

And yet, oddly, you haven't done so.

You’re way out of your depth. Your Trudeau Derangement Syndrome is taking you to some strange places!

Because I like rule by elected rather than appointed leaders?