IMPORTANT: Russell Crowe snubbed at King Charles’ coronation

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The article is from 1993 and TBH I don't have an opinion of how reliable NYT's reporting was back then. I wasn't paying attention. 

If they went so far as to write about it then there must have been some element of truth to it. There was even an element of truth to the Russian collusion story: the Russians spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on FB ads related to the US election. I don't think anyone doubts that.

Hillary colluded with some Russians to provide the bogus dossier.

There actually was some bombshell evidence: the FBI committed crimes. 

So there was some truth to it. There were things to be learned from it all, even if it wasn't what the Demonrats were hoping for. 

TBH, re: this Omar guy, if you're intelligent enough, and open minded enough, you might be able to think of more than a few reasons why the CIA might have benefitted from his presence in the US, even while knowing that he was an active plotter. Think of it as an exercise. Try to come up with a few. 

That's a fair answer from your narrow, limited POV. 

It only makes sense for you to suspect that other people think and react exactly the same way that you do. 

It takes a much greater mind than your own to be able to empathize with people or to predict what they'd like to do and why they may or may not follow through on it. 

A better question would be: "Is it intentionally misleading?" but I don't know the answer to that anyways. Like I said, I have no opinion on how bad the NYT was in 1993, I just know they crossed the Rubicon at some point. 

If I was to answer either question in a meaningful way I'd say that the NYT thought that this story was worth printing for some reason, and so I think it's worth considering. Bend your brain into it. Exercise.

In a lot of the terrorist attacks there's the common refrain "Authorities were aware of his extremist ties" or some such. The FBI and CIA have even had in-person dealings with some of these people. Not all of the reasons are bad, but sometimes they are. 

As far as that guy's criminal charge of sedition is concerned, he lived in the US so he actually was betraying the US. It actually was sedition. If you let someone borrow you car and they intentionally run over your dog with it that means that they've betrayed you. They don't have to be an immediate family member or your best fried to betray you. You did enough to expect goodwill and got malice. Betrayed.

The US took that guy in and let him live there, then he betrayed them. He tried to orchestrate an attack on them. Planning... Most likely inciting others to attack... Textbook sedition. 

That’s an extremely long-winded answer to “True or not?”

The NY Times story did not say that the CIA “really wanted him in the country” or “helped him find a home” (your claims.) 

Instead, the article (your chosen source) says, “the intelligence agency did not deliberately seek to assist Mr. Abdel Rahman in entering the country.”

”C.I.A. employees were reviewing the applications in assigned roles as consular officers in United States embassies... Central Intelligence Agency officers reviewed all seven applications made by Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman to enter the United States between 1986 and 1990 and only once turned him down because of his connections to terrorism… Officials from the Administration and Congress who have been briefed on the findings said there remained no indication that the C.I.A. officers' actions were anything more than mistakes.”

3 hours ago, Rebound said:

That’s an extremely long-winded answer to “True or not?”

The NY Times story did not say that the CIA “really wanted him in the country” or “helped him find a home” (your claims.) Instead, the article (your chosen source) says, “the intelligence agency did not deliberately seek to assist Mr. Abdel Rahman in entering the country.”

Like I said, I'm not dumb enough to go through that paywall.

Are you saying that they somehow inadvertently helped him? That's kinda weird.

”C.I.A. employees were reviewing the applications in assigned roles as consular officers in United States embassies... Central Intelligence Agency officers reviewed all seven applications made by Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman to enter the United States between 1986 and 1990 and only once turned him down because of his connections to terrorism… Officials from the Administration and Congress who have been briefed on the findings said there remained no indication that the C.I.A. officers' actions were anything more than mistakes.”

Six mistakes on 7 applications? 

They have more in common with the FBI than I thought. 

43 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Like I said, I'm not dumb enough to go through that paywall.

Are you saying that they somehow inadvertently helped him? That's kinda weird.

Six mistakes on 7 applications? 

They have more in common with the FBI than I thought. 

You said they helped him find a place to live, but you didn't read the article?

So you just make stuff up and lie. You are untrusworthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

You said they helped him find a place to live, but you didn't read the article?

?

I quoted wiki. I never acted like I knew the whole story. Just said it was interesting. 

So you just make stuff up and lie. You are untrusworthy.

You knew that was a lie, yet there you go. You're such a waste of oxygen. 

On 5/6/2023 at 9:40 AM, WestCanMan said:

Instead of just name-calling you should be learning the meaning of some of the most basic words in your first language. It will take people longer to figure out that you never made it to high school. 

Sedition: plotting/inciting.

Treason: attacking.

So simple, such a basic part of our language, and yet after two years of watching all things sedition/treason-related, you still don't even know what they mean. 

The "treason" PROVES the "sedition." Duh.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, robosmith said:

And NOW CONVICTED of SEDITIOUS CONSPIRACY. Yay!

Trump told them to "stand by" and then to come to DC on Jan 6th where it will "BE WILD."

And you just MAKE EXCUSES for SEDITION. ?

There are thousands of people convicted every year for stuff.. don't get why we should care about this one

7 minutes ago, West said:

There are thousands of people convicted every year for stuff.. don't get why we should care about this one

NOT SURPRISED you  DON'T UNDERSTAND the seriousness of attempting to destroy democracy.

That's exactly what Hitler did AFTER he was elected the SECOND TIME.

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

NOT SURPRISED you  DON'T UNDERSTAND the seriousness of attempting to destroy democracy.

That's exactly what Hitler did AFTER he was elected the SECOND TIME.

You attempted to destroy democracy when you folks made fake allegations against a sitting president and held people in jail WITHOUT ANY SIGN OF A TRIAL DATE because they didn't agree with your political views

1 hour ago, West said:

You attempted to destroy democracy

You give me WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT for POWER I DON'T HAVE and that is DELUSIONAL.

1 hour ago, West said:

when you folks made fake allegations against a sitting president

No EVIDENCE the allegations were FAKE. In FACT STRONG evidence of the Trump campaign colluding with Russian agents in the Senate Intel Committee report.

1 hour ago, West said:

and held people in jail WITHOUT ANY SIGN OF A TRIAL DATE because they didn't agree with your political views

Prove it. Over 600 of Trump's GOONS have been CONVICTED. Who lacks a trial date?

Edited by robosmith

57 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You give me WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT for POWER I DON'T HAVE and that is DELUSIONAL.

No EVIDENCE the allegations were FAKE. In FACT STRONG evidence of the Trump campaign colluding with Russian agents in the Senate Intel Committee report.

Prove it. Over 600 of Trump's GOONS have been CONVICTED. Who lacks a trial date?

Plenty of evidence it was a delusional cooked up by you folks 

34 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Where's your proof of people held in jail without a trial?

You got BUPKIS. Instead of proof, you're just lashing out like a child. LMAO

Nonsense.. you are once again duped by that lunatic Adam Schiff and the rest of the lying democrats. You are a gullible fool who supports thr democrats banana republic

On 5/5/2023 at 3:18 AM, Rebound said:

Russell Crowe snubbed at King Charles’ coronation

This important news is on the Home Page of Fox News today. And it must be IMPORTANT, because Fox isn’t bothering to report that four Proud Boys were convicted of seditious conspiracy. 

So if you think Fox News is bringing you the news… they aren’t. 

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/russell-crowe-snubbed-king-charles-coronation

It's OK, we always make allowances for the uncouthness of Australians.

We still love them though. We share a very similar sense of humour.