CRTC considering banning Fox News from Canadian cable packages

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Go ahead, double down and broadcast your utter ignorance, We know about it already.

"If you get vaccinated, you don't have to worry about catching covid." - Dr. Fauci 2021

Forced vaccinations in Canada - 2021. 

Fact: More "vaccinated" Canadians died of covid in 2022 than the total number of covid deaths in Canada in any other year. 

Q: Is it really ignorant to post facts, or does it just huwt your feewings?

On 5/12/2023 at 6:54 PM, Moonbox said:

He says...and then shortly after:

Talk about awkward...  ?

Want to point out to me as to where FOX NEWS has ever promoted hatred and racism, comrade? Go ahead, punk, make your day. ?

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

What would it look like if you had a magic wand to do it?

I’ve never varied. I see it as 5 or 6 countries pretending to be one. It not a bad thing. How many nations comprise the former Yugoslavia? It can be a good thing.

We’re young. We’re nowhere near a complete piece.

29 minutes ago, RedDog said:

I’ve never varied. I see it as 5 or 6 countries pretending to be one. It not a bad thing. How many nations comprise the former Yugoslavia? It can be a good thing.

We’re young. We’re nowhere near a complete piece.

Ok - and so how would it look if you had a magic wand and could break it up appropriately. What would the 'countries' be.

Those with leadership roles would stand out. There’d be no doubt. Alberta is a given, possibly with Saskatchewan. BC seems clear. PAYbec would be automatic but they owe back more than they’re worth. Bankrupt on day one. They can never repay what was extorted. 

Ontario has zero leadership without extortion.

10 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Those with leadership roles would stand out. There’d be no doubt. Alberta is a given, possibly with Saskatchewan. BC seems clear. PAYbec would be automatic but they owe back more than they’re worth. Bankrupt on day one. They can never repay what was extorted. 

Ontario has zero leadership without extortion.

So bc alberta and sask as seperate countries? And quebec as a seperate, and ontario and presumably manitoba and possibly the maritimes.

Wouldn't that leave sask and alberta both landlocked? They'd be dependent on the good will of 'ontariotoba' to get goods to water in one direction or bc in the other or the states.

And a separate currency for each of those would likely result in each currency having the value roughly equal to the peso wouldn't it? The populations would be pretty think as a market base.  The maritimes would be screwed no matter how you slice it i think.

I dunno - that doesn't sound entirely practical.

Maybe they should stick to ruling on things that matter to consumers!

A month after the Shaw/Rogers merger I see channels disappearing off my Shawdirect package. New decoder needed, so I call them.

I have 4 decoder boxes, they will replace ONE, and they want me to pay $10 a month each to 'rent' the others. The new ones have wifi so I can buy movies easier but if I don't rent the new boxes old stations I already pay for will no longer be viewable.

So how quickly we see the merger will 'benefit' consumers.

• Like 1