CRTC considering banning Fox News from Canadian cable packages

31 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

for you info, it's just tainment LOL

LOL - well we won't argue about whether or not it is or it taint ;)

But we can probably agree it's not meant to be 'news'. I mean some of it is in the sense that they're talking about events that really happened in some cases and just like all the other infotainment they're touching on real issues one way or another but like the judge says - a reasonable person has to realize very quickly it's not meant to be taken seriously.

On 5/13/2023 at 5:03 PM, CdnFox said:

Why are you so afraid of just saying you don't approve of his anti semite behavior? Why are you evading?

I don't know of any anti-semite behavior.  I don't ever even see the majority of your posts (or contrarians), and in your case there's little reason to read more than 1-2 sentences out of what you've barfed out onto the keyboard for the ones I do anyways.    

Whatever you're crying foul over with contrarian, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over you 11 times out of ten.  You've shown such poor integrity, reasoning and self-control in your brief time on this forum that it's safe to assume your assessment of a dispute is going to wildly inaccurate.  

• Like 1

Just now, Moonbox said:

I don't know of any anti-semite behavior. 

Really, So you just jumped into a conversation you didn't read,

Ok - can you at least agree that anti jew slurs coupled with slurs against isreal are unacceptable?

Whatever you're crying foul over with contrarian, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over you 11 times out of ten. 

Sure.  I stand up to you and regularly kick your ass and point out when you're completely full of shit. He does not.

You'd think that at the end of the day right or left that Jew Bashing would be universally shunned. But it seems like the left just has a bit of a hate on for jews these days and honestly i can't figure out why.

But - you do you. You're a hyocorite and dishonest in the extreme. He's a drunk jew hater,  You make a lovely couple.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Really, So you just jumped into a conversation you didn't read,

I read what I quoted and responded to that. You talking about other people's desperation for acknowledgement while posting 1000+ times a month was peak irony.  ?

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Ok - can you at least agree that anti jew slurs coupled with slurs against isreal are unacceptable?

Sure, but that doesn't change my commentary above.  

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sure.  I stand up to you and regularly kick your ass and point out when you're completely full of shit. He does not.

If your reasoning and your arguments were a solid as you'd have us believe, they'd speak for themselves.  Your constant and cringeworthy need to deliver flattering self-assessments wouldn't be necessary.  ?

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I read what I quoted and responded to that. You talking about other people's desperation for acknowledgement while posting 1000+ times a month was peak irony.  ?

Sure kid :)   And you with more posts than me jumped into a conversation you weren't part of to attack me to prove that you're not like that :) LOL

Sure, but that doesn't change my commentary above.  

Well there you go. now - why was that so hard?

If your reasoning and your arguments were a solid as you'd have us believe, they'd speak for themselves.  Your constant and cringeworthy need to deliver flattering self-assessments wouldn't be necessary.  ?

Pot meet kettle. Kettle this is pot :)

If your assertions about me were true you wouldn't need to say them either. But - you have to because you know they're not.  And you're so frustrated that nobody sees it that way.

SO much so that you had to jump on here and attack me because you're frustrated that someone is smarter than you. And yes - that IS self evident. The only reason i have to bring it up is to point and laugh at your rather pathetic display of bitter resentment :)

Dude - you just attacked someone out of the blue to claim they attack people out of the blue. You claim i post too much while you've got 7 thousand posts. 

Simple fact is ike most on the left your'e a hypocrite and a dishonest player. Contrarian says nice things about you time to time so you've decided to make an ass of yourself.  Your inability to cope with your own failings are NOT my fault or my problem.

Are you going to start following me around and attacking each post too, like that loser? You come across as being childish enough i suppose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/12/2023 at 1:39 PM, WestCanMan said:

1. I'm not gonna bother posting a cite because you and I both know what's up. I'm just glad to see that you've finally back-peddled to the point of disavowing your old talking point about "swastikas and confederate flags" at the Freedom Convoy. 

1. I asked you for a Cite for you claim, and you refused - claiming that you can essentially read my mind.  Whatever my claim was (and your assertion seems to have changed already) I would be fully glad to walk it back if I said something that's incorrect.  You see the world as an action movie good-vs-evil fight, which is why political discussion is NOT for you.  You have to wonder why somebody like you lives in a country where 2/3 of the votes are cast for 'evil' in your eyes.

@Contrarian - this is why these people need to leave.  They don't know how to participate in discussion at a kindergarten level.  

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

1. Leave? For some, this is their sugar land.

2. I see no reason why some nonsense text should bother one.

1. Subway floors are sugar lands for transit rats too.  Doesn't stop a guy with a hazmat suit and spray can from asking the rats to go.
2. "You don't like rats on the subway ? Then WEAR THICK BOOTS"

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Subway floors are sugar lands for transit rats too.  Doesn't stop a guy with a hazmat suit and spray can from asking the rats to go.
2. "You don't like rats on the subway ? Then WEAR THICK BOOTS"

Typical left. If someone dares disagree then they're 'rats' and should be "forced out" by an "exterminator".

If you don't like it here - how about you leave instead. You contribute nothing.

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

SO much so that you had to jump on here and attack me because you're frustrated that someone is smarter than you. And yes - that IS self evident.

If it was self-evident, you wouldn't suffer the chronic need to self-congratulate.  Nothing screams insecurity like constantly having to tell everyone how smart you are.  

9 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The only reason i have to bring it up is to point and laugh at your rather pathetic display of bitter resentment :)

You point and laugh by pounding out multiple-paragraph responses to one-liners?  Oookay.  ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

If it was self-evident, you wouldn't suffer the chronic need to self-congratulate.  Nothing screams insecurity like constantly having to tell everyone how smart you are.  

Chronic need? I've never done it before and it's only necessary here to point out why you're being a bad actor.  Find another post by me anywhere where i claim i'm particularly smart.

LOL - if it were a real thing you woudln't need to lie about it being 'chronic' :) 

If you have to lie to make your point - you probably don't have a very good point :)

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You point and laugh by pounding out multiple-paragraph responses to one-liners?  Oookay.  ?

Well some of us can type with more than two fingers.  You probably didn't know that :)

So lets go over these BBBBIIIIIIGGGG problems you have with me.

I post on the forum frequently.

I type more than you.

Yeah - i'm a monster.

So here's how our interactions usually go.  I take a stand and defend it logically. You take a different stand, and attempt to defend it but usually the facts tend to get in your way.  You become frustrated and hostile, i stick to my guns and the facts and start making fun of you because that's what i do to asshats who behave badly just because they can't win an argument.

And now you're pissy about it. Why don't you try bringing something intelligent to the board instead.

Oh .... i hope that wasn't too much for you to read..  did you need an asprin? Some of those words were pretty big!  :)

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Chronic need? I've never done it before and it's only necessary here to point out why you're being a bad actor.  Find another post by me anywhere where i claim i'm particularly smart.

Smarter1.thumb.png.fc82355d7f53582bdcd2912e83a8669c.pngSmarter2.thumb.png.f3e53909163be186f278e30b11c89009.pngsmarter3.thumb.png.e190de3610238e8723d65fb354392bdb.png

"I've never done it before!"

leonardo dicaprio laughing wolf of wall street gifs | WiffleGif

12 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - if it were a real thing you woudln't need to lie about it being 'chronic' :) 

...and yet there it is, after a 3 second forum search.  ?

Edited by Moonbox
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

1. Typical left. If someone dares disagree then they're 'rats' and should be "forced out" by an "exterminator".

2. If you don't like it here - how about you leave instead. You contribute nothing.

1. I'm not left, I am conservative/centre.  I disagree with many posters on here, and still have productive and edifying conversations.  Usually people who can't understand the point of this forum make this obtuse claim.
2. You seem to want to talk to me - a lot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Smarter1.thumb.png.fc82355d7f53582bdcd2912e83a8669c.pngSmarter2.thumb.png.f3e53909163be186f278e30b11c89009.pngsmarter3.thumb.png.e190de3610238e8723d65fb354392bdb.png

"I've never done it before!"

leonardo dicaprio laughing wolf of wall street gifs | WiffleGif

...and yet there it is, after a 3 second forum search.  ?

OH you think JOKES are serious ;)  

Someone calls me stupid and i say i'm at least smarter than them and somehow that's announcing i'm a genious :)

I tell someone not to hate me becuase i'm smarter than them because otherwise they'll wind up hating everyone  - but in your mind that's me saying i'm super smart :)

Nice try kiddo - but in all of those examples i don't say i'm particularly smart - just smarter than someone stupid :)  

Swing and a miss  -  and as always i know you know you lost when you feel the need to post memes :)

Anything else or are ya done being stupid for the day ;)  oh - and I am definitely smarter than you - you just set the bar low :) 

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm not left, I am conservative/centre.  I disagree with many posters on here, and still have productive and edifying conversations.  Usually people who can't understand the point of this forum make this obtuse claim.

Well that sounds like the kind of lie a leftie like you would try to make. I mean - you're right of americana antifa i'll give you that, but you're not even centrist.

And you bring nothing to the table in the way of discussion. Just as you aren't here.

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. You seem to want to talk to me - a lot.

No, not really. I'm sure it just seems that way because nobody else wants to talk to you at all.

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

OH you think JOKES are serious ;)  

You go from "You're lying.  I've never done it before" to "I was joking" after quotes emerge showing you doing it exactly that.  What a pivot.  

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Nice try kiddo - but in all of those examples i don't say i'm particularly smart - just smarter than someone stupid :)  

I never claimed you used those words, so that's irrelevant.  

The fact is that you suffer a chronic need to proclaim your superior intelligence, when it should speak for itself.  Constant, insecure boasting shouldn't be required, yet there it is.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

You go from "You're lying.  I've never done it before" to "I was joking" after quotes emerge showing you doing it exactly that.  What a pivot.  

ROFLMAO -  i say I've never claimed i'm particularly or unusually smart and you waste your time despertately trying to dig up something and the best you can come up with is where i'm jokingly saying to some one i'm smarter than THEY are (and suggesting i may not be the only one :) )

dude that's pathetic :)

I never claimed you used those words, so that's irrelevant.  

I never claimed you DID use those words.  Those were the words I used.   - holy shit kid, did you forget what you were replying to?

I said those words - you claimed i was wrong by posting a bunch of stuff that wasn't actually what i said. Holy short term memory issues batman.

(now he's going to claim i constantly say i have a better memory :) )

The fact is that you suffer a chronic need to proclaim your superior intelligence, when it should speak for itself.  Constant, insecure boasting shouldn't be required, yet there it is.     

The fact is  i dont. In all your searching out of over 3 thousand posts you found a few times that i laughed at someone saying i was smarter than them (and that the rest of the world was too in a few of those cases).

So the fact is you're just not being honest.

You jumped on here to attack me because you feel threatened by me because you 'lost' a number of discussions.  I don't trumpet that, i don't 'constantly' say i'm smarter than you or even boast about it. If someone says i'm dumb i'll reply that i'm smarter than they are :)  

Sorry you've got your panties in a knot because you frequently come across looking foolish when we debate - but if you go back you'll notice that the vast majority of the time you're the one who gets insulting first, usually when you can't make your point. I just tend to make my points and i'm better than you at being insulting back :)

Was that too long for you? I know it upsets you if you have to read for more than a few seconds.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect is thought to occur due to a combination of cognitive limitations and a lack of subjective self-awareness. Individuals with limited knowledge or expertise in a field are often unaware of their own limitations, which can result in an inflated sense of competence.

https://www.investopedia.com/dunning-kruger-effect-7368715#:~:text=The Dunning-Kruger Effect is thought to occur due to,an inflated sense of competence.

Can we scrap the CRTC?  It seems that apart from imposing anti-free speech censorship rules, limiting media options, and making our limited media options expensive, this agency doesn’t offer much.  We don’t need these ninnies to “protect” Canadian culture because they seem to deplore it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Find another post by me anywhere where i claim i'm particularly smart.

Describing just about everyone else as stupid amounts to the same thing.

OTOH you put way more effort than necessary into demonstrating that you're the biggest sphincter. That always comes through loud and clear.

• Like 2