CRTC considering banning Fox News from Canadian cable packages

8 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

2. I am not threatening anyone, I am just stating my abilities. Did not do any action at all. But you are correct, too much drama after some whiskey, I deleted that message and want to ensure the admin that I respect his space and will focus on things that matter. 

Screen saved. ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

The government has no more a moral sphere to its public than a butler has to his employer, so it's not a matter of morality but information mechanics.

So you are saying government can control the media and speech on the basis of some kind of superior "information mechanics"?  Why do you trust the government to be the mediator of what everyone and what media broadcasts?  That is like trusting Orwell's 1984 Big Brother.

2 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I agree here, the thuggery from the Liberal side to censor the Internet is out of line, this is why radical libertarians like me would give the training and any software needed for people to access what they need. Uncle Sam propaganda not allowed here. Vote Conservative folks to restore balance and this is me saying it, not even knowing a lot of people in the Party, only 1 or 2, when it matters. 

if it was the Conservatives doing it, I would oppose them for that too

I am a politically agnostic servant of the HM The King with no party affiliation

tho I have no quarrel with America, since America defends the British Crown, since 1917

7 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

No amount of Canada can cure one it seems of that original DNA sin of being born into a communist country

that is not the case

you need only to throw that godless atheist Communism aside

by undertaking the oath to defend the monarch

the supremacy of God & the rule of law

Victoria Regina Imperatrix : Pro Patria

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

it didn't stop me from being immersed in American culture

that just came by way of newspapers

all the talk around the dinner table was still Vietnam & Watergate

Well that's because our own politics were so insanely boring till the first trudeau managed to mess everything up and give the west the finger and declare the war measures act :)  Then we started paying attention to what was happening at home :)

Also - Vietnam directly impacted Canada. Deserters fled here by the truckload.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Well that's because our own politics were so insanely boring till the first trudeau managed to mess everything up and give the west the finger and declare the war measures act :)  Then we started paying attention to what was happening at home :)

Also - Vietnam directly impacted Canada. Deserters fled here by the truckload.

it wasn't boring in Canada

I actually went to the right of my parents, by Trudeaumania first

Pierre Trudeau had stood up the FLQ

he was an heroic figure

the Liberals at that time were defending the monarchy in the face of Nationalism

thus I supported invoking the War Measures Act then

Just now, Dougie93 said:

it wasn't boring in Canada

I actually went to the right of my parents, by Trudeaumania first

Pierre Trudeau had stood up the FLQ

he was an heroic figure

the Liberals at that time were defending the monarchy in the face of Nationalism

thus I supported invoking the War Measures Act then

But that's what i said. It was boring UNTIL trudeau.  Prior to trudeau Canadian politics hadn't been exciting for quite a while.

Just now, CdnFox said:

But that's what i said. It was boring UNTIL trudeau.  Prior to trudeau Canadian politics hadn't been exciting for quite a while.

I was steeped in the First & Second World Wars

great grandfather fought in the First, grandfather fought in the Second

there was nothing more exciting than Vimy Ridge & Juno Beach, in the world

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I was steeped in the First & Second World Wars

great grandfather fought in the First, grandfather fought in the Second

there was nothing more exciting than Vimy Ridge & Juno Beach, in the world

Arguably true. And Mac king was anything but boring politically.

But lets face it - as far as politics goes the 60's in canada was dull.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Arguably true. And Mac king was anything but boring politically.

But lets face it - as far as politics goes the 60's in canada was dull.

I was excited by Canadian history

with General Wolfe upon the Plains of Abraham

with General Brock upon the Heights of Queenston

with General Currie upon Vimy Ridge

a warrior nation, forged in fire, to win the Great War in a Hundred Days

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I was excited by Canadian history

with General Wolfe upon the Plains of Abraham

with General Brock upon the Heights of Queenston

with General Currie upon Vimy Ridge

a warrior nation, forged in fire, to win the Great War in a Hundred Days

History is pretty awesome.  And it very wisely tends to skip over the boring parts :)

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  Jesus.  Even your non-sequiturs are fall-down hilarious. 

Har har har.

2.  Cite please... that should keep you busy for awhile.

I'm not gonna bother posting a cite because you and I both know what's up. I'm just glad to see that you've finally back-peddled to the point of disavowing your old talking point about "swastikas and confederate flags" at the Freedom Convoy. 

3.  Because it was good for their health.

In what way?

Did it prevent them from getting covid? Of course not, 16,000 multi-vaxed Candians died of covid last year, and that's more than the total number of Canadians in either of the previous years, so it obviously doesn't prevent people from getting infected or dying. 

Did it prevent kids from dying of covid? Of course not, because they didn't die of covid before they had the jab.

In fact, almost 2 years into covid there were only eleven deaths among the 10M Canadians 20 & under.

CoviddeathsbyageinCanadaDec2021.thumb.png.b58e46111b3214461c2ad6ee0793be9e.png

In the next 11 months, after we started pseudo-vaxing kids, that number more than tripled. We went from 11 - 41 deaths in kids 11 and under, almost quadrupling the old total, and from 8 to 25 in the 12-20 category, just over triple.

CoviddeeathsbyageNov72022.thumb.png.ecba1ce8dd949e3d8a49345761de6355.png

How is it good for their health if they're suddenly dying so much faster? Are you talking about culling the herd or something now? Is that how Libs are talking about kids now?  

4.  CTV was started by conservatives as a response to CBC, and it doesn't have editorial as far as I know.

CTV is gag-worthy Liberal propaganda now. There's not a smidgeon of reality left there. 

5.  I can't make out what you're saying here.  Did somebody say they were ?

https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala-harris-pearl-habor-911-comparison-jan-6-speech-2022-1?op=1

6.  Do you think Tucker Carlson is a real person when he tells you what to think ?  CTV has no editorial. 

CTV got 7 "undecided voters" to weigh in on Trudeau's blackface (one was a muslim woman - undecided? Really?) and 6/7 said they didn't care at all and one said that they were neutral. CTV allows biased commentary from people who aren' affiliated with their station - they're just LPOC shills who weigh 

It's not like having Rachel Maddow shout her daily screed, but hundreds of thousands of people watch that crap and they feel like it's news when it's not. It's propaganda disguised as news. 100%.

Do you think I needed Tucker Carlson to tell me that Russia didn't blow up their own pipeline?

I'll admit that Sean Hannity was pretty informative at times, predicting things like McCabe's firing, and the fact that the FBI was peddling false info to a FISA court judge long before K Clinesmith pleaded guilty to that. 

Let's face it, Fox News is so far out ahead of their competition in NA that it's utterly retarded to watch CNN. 

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

So you are saying government can control the media and speech on the basis of some kind of superior "information mechanics"?  Why do you trust the government to be the mediator of what everyone and what media broadcasts?  That is like trusting Orwell's 1984 Big Brother.

They always have.

Do I really have to explain all of that to you ?

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't know

I've never worked in an office

I've always sought adventure and found it as I went

You... think people learn about history by working in an office?

Did some of those 'adventures' involve illegal drugs by any chance? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

the government censoring the internet

to prevent Canadians from seeing what the government does not want them to see

that is a dystopic future by the standards of the Canada I was born in

You already admitted you lived through it and you were fine.  You got your news from newspapers... so it goes.

I am more concerned about poverty than tiddly winks like Facebook not carrying news, or Russian bots being banned...

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

You already admitted you lived through it and you were fine.  You got your news from newspapers... so it goes.

I am more concerned about poverty than tiddly winks like Facebook not carrying news, or Russian bots being banned...

I am not a Russian bot

I am a Neoconservative Cold Warrior

I was an ideological soldier

I joined to fight the KGB on the Inner German Border at the brink of World War Three