On 5/8/2023 at 3:17 AM, CdnFox said:

Nobody takes you seriously

Very few take anyone in the hard left or right seriously. One extreme isn't better than the other. 

That's like saying a broken tibia is at least better than a blown out knee. Nobody suffering either injury has said so. 

The sad part is the political laughingstocks have divided people into camps who now feel they have to vote for one, or the other extreme. Either extreme is completely devoid of common sense or reality. 

27 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

Not at all. I don't say every liberal is actually a conservative. But you do say every liberal is a leftist.

Entirely. All the time. You cast EVERYONE as "extreme" who's your 'opponent'.  You do it constantly.

IN your statements ALL right wingers are nazis.  ALL republicans are fascists, ALL jews are nazis, ANY group that opposes you is a radical extreme

Once again - the left always accuses others of what they themselves do relentlessly.

18 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Very few take anyone in the hard left or right seriously. One extreme isn't better than the other.

True.  As has been said the political spectrum isn't a line, it's a horseshoe with the polls bending down and closing in on each other at the bottom.

That's like saying a broken tibia is at least better than a blown out knee. Nobody suffering either injury has said so. 

Oddly specific but sure.  :)

The sad part is the political laughingstocks have divided people into camps who now feel they have to vote for one, or the other extreme. Either extreme is completely devoid of common sense or reality. 

Well i think either extreme always has, that's not the new part. I think what's happening tho is that more and more are being pushed into an extreme where they woudln't normally.  The left demands extremeism from its' people or they tear them apart.  The right fears what the extreme left will do and feels compelled to associate and side with those who are more 'ardent' about fighting that and it pushes them into far more radical camps than they'd likely land in.

So the polarization is worse than historically is the case. More people used to be in the more mushy middle - that's not the case any more.

21 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

More people used to be in the more mushy middle - that's not the case any more.

Am still in the middle. Life is too short to constantly be angry. 

I have yet to meet a far leftist that wasn't just an overly anxious ball of anger.

I have yet to meet a far right winged individual who didn't sound something like:

"We should just nuke Iraq, and let terrorism be over with"

What about innocent civilians?

"Nobody is innocent down there"

To varying degrees of similar ignorance. 

I always struggled to find groups that met my political alignment as a result. Am highly aware of many social issues, but also know am a grown adult and that it isn't my governments job to hold my hand for me to survive.

I am insanely proud I got out of absolute poverty without a handout.

12 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Am still in the middle. Life is too short to constantly be angry. 

I have yet to meet a far leftist that wasn't just an overly anxious ball of anger.

Well if you'd just do and believe what you're told to that wouldn't be a problem!!!!   :) LOL

I have yet to meet a far right winged individual who didn't sound something like:

"We should just nuke Iraq, and let terrorism be over with"

What about innocent civilians?

"Nobody is innocent down there"

To varying degrees of similar ignorance. 

For sure.

I always struggled to find groups that met my political alignment as a result. Am highly aware of many social issues, but also know am a grown adult and that it isn't my governments job to hold my hand for me to survive.

To be honest i tend to look for things that work.  At the end of the day when it comes to gov't  i really just want to be left alone as much as reasonably practical while still maintaining a country, and i look for political solutions that produce results. That tends to push me to center-center-right  as they say. If something works, i'm interested but there just isn't much that is considered on the 'left' side of the spectrum that actually achieves anything other than lining the pockets of the politicians.

Some things make sense - i was in favour of legalizing dope even tho i don't use it. I think free birth control for girls was a smart idea (bc initiative).

I am insanely proud I got out of absolute poverty without a handout.

And so you should be :)  Truth be told thats something we have in common then. I recognize that there's some (often due to mental health challenges) who can't. But i believe that more should.  I believe the only thing we 'owe' such people is to provide a path they can walk to get there if they choose.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:40 AM, Deluge said:

Yes. 

I noticed in an earlier post that you were struggling with "wokeness". 

Well, I've come to help you. ;)

We'll start off with this snippet below, then we'll discuss your questions: 

"Woke, "adjective (woker, wokest) informal alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism: we need to stay angry, and stay woke; does being woke mean I have to agree with what all other woke folks say should be done about issues in the black community? the West Coast has the wokest dudes. 1960s: originally in African American usage" (OED).

To be "woke" stems from the Age of Enlightenment, when "enlightened" atheists rejected God, challenged the Divine Right of Kings, and started the calendar over at the Year 1. By the 1920s and 1930s, "enlightened" Nazis regarded God and Jesus Christ as a "Jewish conspiracy" that even Jews and Marxists did not believe in. Woke "knowledge" is esoteric, for example holding firm the maxim that "religion is the opiate of the masses." So once a "true believer" casts off the opiate, they become "woke" or "enlightened." David Greenfield describes it as "a cultish term for a political cult that reframes extremism as a revelation."

In modern America, leftists often use the term to refer to a person unquestioningly accepting a radical political doctrine viewing society in terms of "white privilege." Just as Christians who find inner peace by accepting Jesus Christ into their lives are called "born again", some people who feel great anger at society because of what they feel is social injustice are called "woke." In truth, however, those on the Left who claim to be "woke" (which is incidentally an improper use of English) are actually the exact opposite - stupefied and dulled to the truth instead of being awakened.

The term "awake", however, is used by opponents of the woke and politically correct ideology to differentiate themselves from the supporters and spokespersons of the latter, hence the slogan "Awake, not woke", started by President Donald J. Trump and Florida's Governor Ron DeSantis."

Hitler’s views towards Christianity were precisely the same as Trump’s: A tool to manipulate to your best political advantage.  

BTW… waiting to see a photo of Trump in church for anything besides a wedding or funeral. 

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Hitler’s views towards Christianity were precisely the same as Trump’s: A tool to manipulate to your best political advantage.  

BTW… waiting to see a photo of Trump in church for anything besides a wedding or funeral. 

Same could be said about Joe Biden, Barack Obama, & Bill Clinton. Why aren't you comparing them to Hitler as well? Oh, that's right, because you're a stunted pervert with a one-track mind: "Destroy Trump. Nothing else matters.".

Uh-huh. Same here: waiting to see a photo of Biden going to church just because he wants to strengthen his relationship with God, and His son, Jesus Christ. 

4 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

You can't define "wokeness." It's just a catch-all for anything the media tells you to hate.

I got one of you started in another post. If it was you, then get your ass back in line and lets continue. If it wasn't you then get your ass back to that post and chime in. 

3 hours ago, Deluge said:

I got one of you started in another post. If it was you, then get your ass back in line and lets continue. If it wasn't you then get your ass back to that post and chime in. 

I think I saw you try to define "wokeness," but you ended up just doing what all fascists do. You basically said wokeness is anything you don't like.