47 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

@Americana Antifa you see the reaction above at @reason10?

I don't understand, whatever interest you are posting for, why don't they take the time to understand reactionary politics?!

I understand reactionary politics. It's really just about feeling better about yourself by harming others. Reactionary politics in no way improve anyone's life, but if you're crazy and full of hatred, it makes you feel better for a little bit. And the politicians understand all this. That's why so many Republicans use reactionary propaganda that they clearly don't really believe in. It's just a tool to get stupid people to vote against their own economic interest.

Seriously, "Woke ideas are no more than 21st Century Nazism," he says. Does this sound like a mentally stable person focused on issues? Or does it sound like a dipshit blinded by hatred?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

1. Yes, you said you don't believe in civility politics.

2. Like a drug, instant gratification, makes one think they can win arguments. 

So first, you can't win arguments just by being mean. You do have to address and debunk the points, which I always do. But I'm also honest. I don't pretend that genocidal scumbags are just people I have disagreements with. One of the reasons America is on the verge of losing our democracy is because liberals think they can play nice with fascists. When 1/6 happened, we should have had mass arrests of Republicans and the GOP should have been banned. But liberals won't do that because they're afraid of looking uncivil. Like yeah, if only the liberals were nicer to the Nazi Party, they wouldn't have been murdered the moment the nazis took over.

3. The Democrats do it, too. Are you kidding?! Typing with your BIAS, again. 

Some of them do in an attempt to appeal to as many people as possible. If anything, it just shows how the centrist approach only helps the fascists. But it's nothing compared to the Republicans who go hardcore with the reactionary propaganda. Democrats aren't great on LGBT rights, but they're not working towards genocide like the Republicans.

but, you are seizing on his anger and the way he treats this board, to make a generalization about Republicans and Conservatives, am I wrong?! 

He legit sounds like every conservative here. And the fact that he can't think straight because of his anger just proves my point about right-wing propaganda. There are essentially two types of people on the Right. The grifters who make reactionary propaganda to get people to vote for conservative policies, and the retards who fall for it because they're full of fear and anger.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Let me finish my rant: @reason10 has IQ

Agree to disagree.

, the other ones that you are engaged on other forums, you know the ones that talk about "dems marching orders" ,  those are easy pray. 

So pretty much all of them.

This goes back to my point about how liberals will say shit like "We need the good Republicans, who stand up for democracy" when the "good" Republicans are like ten people.

Personally, I think a team: Me - @reason10 - @Americana Antifa after both of you will pass the anger and idealism stage, we would clean up the internet, and think about the offer, it might not be forever. 

I'd like to remind you that today's conservatives want a candidate who "makes liberals angry." 

It's ok to call for a pox on both their houses when it actually is two sides acting insane, but in this case, it's not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

One day, someone sat me down and introduced me to reasonable politics, but not before letting me rant.

Enlightened Centrism is not reasonable. Though it is better than being a fascist, so at least there's that.

21 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Your problem? and why your idealism is failing, is that if you truly cared about liberalism and bringing people together, you would do what that person did for me - have patience, let people rant, and then reply with reason.

While I do believe anyone can change, I also accept that a lot of people just don't want to. They've already become so detached from reality that all you can really do is debunk their insane points in front of fence-sitters and other people who are still open to change. You might have noticed I'm always nice to people who engage with me in good faith. But when it's clear that I'm talking to someone who is too far gone, then my goal is not to win them over, it's just to debunk their batshit insanity.

And by the way, one of the reasons I'm a leftist and not a liberal is because liberalism is not a good defense against fascism. I'll vote for liberals, of course they're better than fascists, but I don't like liberalism either.

Also, I'm not an idealist. If I was, I wouldn't vote for liberals. I'd be one of those Bernie or Busters who thinks that liberalism is just as bad as fascism. I believe that voting isn't about getting everything you want, it's about reducing harm.

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:

I am evidence of a changed man, because if I were not, believe me, the trolls that you engage with, will be little people to what I can do, and I did, the practical towards the other side. 

Yes, we agree that everyone is capable of change. But if someone is completely disconnected from reality, there's no logical argument I can make to change them. People like that believe lies for purely emotional reasons, not because they're mistaken. Even these people, I try explaining why truth matters and how policies that improve society will improve their lives too. But usually, when they're at that point, they just don't care. And I don't have the psychological ability to give them the emotional tools they need.

3 hours ago, Contrarian said:
  • so again, what is the mathematical equation which shows that your approach to just react or mine to talk with people produces better results? 

I live in America. I see liberal Democrats trying to do what you're saying to deradicalize fascists. It does not work. Obama spent years trying to reason with fascists and that was before Trump came along and really destroyed the Right's collective brain.

Do you live in America or Canada? If Canada, how closely are you following American politics?

13 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

"Woke" doesn't mean anything. It's a buzzword that right-wing politicians use. The closest definition that "wokeness" has is just anything conservatives don't like, which they were already against before they started calling it "wokeness."

What this poll really shows is that modern conservative voters don't care about the issues. They care about Trump and "owning the libs." The Right has always been wrong on the issues, but today's Right is just psychotic.

And just in case you're thinking that some of them care about guns, Trump banned bump stocks. His supporters only claim he was pro-gun because he claims he is. It's really just a cult at this point.

Woke is NOT a buzz word created by the right. That's stupid, even for you.

https://www.okayplayer.com/culture/what-does-woke-mean-history-origins-william-melvin-kelley.html

The Origin Of Woke: William Melvin Kelley Is The 'Woke' Godfather We Never Acknowledged
Photo Credit: Carl Van Vechten Collection/Getty Images

Woke is ubiquitous now, used to describe everything from films to chefs.In the first of his three-part Origin of Woke series, Elijah Watson highlights William Melvin Kelley, the Harlem author credited with coining the word.

Does THIS guy look like a member of the Proud Boys? Are you REALLY that stupid?

14 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I am in downtown Toronto, in my own condo, paid for by me, not Uncle Sugar. 

and I will tell you more about how you are wrong. Do you think when that man sat me down and allowed me to rant, and then present his views, it clicked right away?! 

No, it can't click right away, if you expect that, then you are making it about yourself. This is about leaving root for reason, and then in time people can come back to that seed, and many will find a reason, is my positive view. 

You take the negative outlook and just engage in 0vs1. Let's find some easy target so it can meet your definition of conservative. That is not helping society. 

So just this one man, somehow, molded you into this enlightened being who never scrapes the bottom of the barrel? 

If only we had someone of your teachers caliber here. Then we could all share in the glow of their wisdom.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

7 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Your irony is music to my ears. 

Yes, the approach is everything, was angry for a while to what he said, then the seed took over and now I can talk to you as a reasonable man, not as a troll. What else do you want to know?! ?

I agree that approach is everything. And the manner in which you've approached this ( by saying things like "and I will tell you more about how you are wrong") has you coming off as an arrogant douche, even though you may not be.

Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with the spirit of much of what youve said. But the way you've decided to approach it, leaves much to be desired.... IMHO.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

So, this board is filled with low IQ trolls from the right that write garbage from the deepest hole of the internet and it bothers you for a little language trick of a satirist? 

This is why I don't really agree with the ignore principle, because for dogmatics like yourself, once you clear the issue, the right-wing dogmatic, then you start aiming towards moderates because is never enough. 

Well, the moderates just have a voice here, via this radical center? Enlightenment division. 

Lumping me into the tidy little box you've decided I'm in, wont win over anyone.

Take some constructive criticism. Your enlightenment is beaming through.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

7 hours ago, reason10 said:

Not what I said. What I said was: "Woke" doesn't mean anything. It's a buzzword that right-wing politicians use.

Originally, "woke" referred to an awareness of social injustice. Now in that sense, I think being woke is real.

But when it comes to the modern way that the Right uses "woke" it doesn't really mean anything other than a catch-all for anything the Right decides is bad that month.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reason10 said:

https://www.okayplayer.com/culture/what-does-woke-mean-history-origins-william-melvin-kelley.html

The Origin Of Woke: William Melvin Kelley Is The 'Woke' Godfather We Never Acknowledged
Photo Credit: Carl Van Vechten Collection/Getty Images

Woke is ubiquitous now, used to describe everything from films to chefs.In the first of his three-part Origin of Woke series, Elijah Watson highlights William Melvin Kelley, the Harlem author credited with coining the word.

Does THIS guy look like a member of the Proud Boys? Are you REALLY that stupid?

Clearly he's a nazi.

- antifa probably

7 hours ago, Contrarian said:

No, it can't click right away, if you expect that, then you are making it about yourself. This is about leaving root for reason, and then in time people can come back to that seed, and many will find a reason, is my positive view. 

You take the negative outlook and just engage in 0vs1. Let's find some easy target so it can meet your definition of conservative. That is not helping society. 

It's not "finding an easy target" when virtually all of them are like this.

And even so, I always talk to people in good faith as long as they respond in good faith. I have no problem rationally discussing why democracy is the lesser evil to autocracy. I only roast people when I see that they're not being good faith.

16 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Not what I said. What I said was: "Woke" doesn't mean anything. It's a buzzword that right-wing politicians use.

Originally, "woke" referred to an awareness of social injustice. Now in that sense, I think being woke is real.

But when it comes to the modern way that the Right uses "woke" it doesn't really mean anything other than a catch-all for anything the Right decides is bad that month.

I6c9O4O.jpg

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No, but someone dumb enough to find injustice in everything except their own behavior would certainly think so.

Doesn't that describe Trump perfectly? He's constantly whining about how he's a victim, but never takes responsibility for the bad things he does.

Does this mean Trump is... ... ... WOKE?!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, reason10 said:

Conservatism is what makes America work. Conservatism pays for everything, creates jobs, makes the environment safe.

Woke ideas are no more than 21st Century Nazism. No intelligent American would support them, back then or now.

The VAST MAJORITY of intellectuals in the US including MOST teachers and professors are NOT CONSERVATIVES. AKA, the smartest people.

• Like 1