When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/Europeans.

9 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Ummm….It’s been widely reported, haven’t you heard?  

Personally know three people, one my parent, that got an education at those 'away' schools.  All are fine educated people.  You've mistakenly lumped all students at the away schools as victims, and many native students are now playing the 'survivor game' because it can be lucrative and advantageous . . .

Carry on . . . the world awaits your insight.

13 hours ago, cougar said:

Management and leadership need to take responsibility. 

management and leadership are dead. They can't take responsibility for what they did. Too late

What we can do today - and that includes first nations - is say 'well crap happened and we can't fix the past - what do we need to do in order to get the ship back on course today". And that ALSO means the first nations - it's insane how they freqently demand gov't fix their problems that they claim gov't caused in the first place. Like... didn't you learn your lesson?   It's not just you ya know - gov't messes EVERYBODY up - look elsewhere.

But pandering and feeling guilty or blaming the child for the sins of the parents is pointless and just holds people back. Get over it. You're a grown ass adult right? You get to choose how your life goes, walk your path with a smile and imagine a better future.

13 hours ago, cougar said:

Racist?   There are many shades of grey.  I am probably racist but not to the point of using the gas chambers.....unless those "minorities" don't stop multiplying like rabbits.

Well nice to know you put SOME limits on it :)

Racism is bad dude. It's something for you to work on.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Could they be any worse off than currently?  Very little useful education was done at many those schools, it was religious instruction, agricultural labour, etc. 

Did indigenous education at any time, prepare young Indigenous people to cope in the new world. Residential schools stopped in 1996 i find it hard to think they only taught religious instruction and agricultural labor... Even today Indigenous young people are not forced to attend school, many fail to even complete high school, and most do not take advantage of higher learning opportunities, like universities, or collages...That is a individual choice, like staying in the same northern communities, opting to stay on the same track or life style  as many of their elders... It is OK to blame another culture for past mistakes, but in todays world are we still oppressing them, still holding them back. 

I find it strange that most modern folk celebrate/honor/take pride in their heritage. Most everybody is a mutt of english, french, german, italian, fill in the blank european, etc. This mixing... they had zero control over and so what is there to be proud of. You randomly are the offspring of a two parents that are a mix of a bunch of others...seems more like luck more than anything to be proud of. 

On 5/2/2023 at 1:09 PM, CdnFox said:

Because that's racist.

It is you that is showing anti-white racism towards white people like myself who would just like to have and see his own white British/European heritage and history month celebrated and recognized in his own white homeland. There is nothing racist about that. Only non-white racists like yourself see it only as a case of racism. Pathetic indeed. 

So, as far as you are concerned, it is not seen as racism when Asians, Blacks or Sikhs can have a week or month to be able to celebrate their heritage and history? So, what kind of bull chit are you trying to spread here anyway, racist? ?

On 5/1/2023 at 8:02 PM, CdnFox said:

I didn't think we needed one till i saw that  :)

i don't think we do - but then i don't think we need any of the other race specifc days either.

I kind of like the idea of recognizing the more important holidays for each culture. Ramadan, chrismas and huannaka which i've never spelled right and am not looking up now, or victoria day or mennonte festivals or whatever

I  wouldn't hold your  breath tho. Remember when people put up signs saying "it's ok to be white" and people completely lost their crap freaking about what a racist statement it was?

It is okay to be white and be proud of being white. White lives do matter. ?

43 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I find it strange that most modern folk celebrate/honor/take pride in their heritage.

Why wouldn't they? I mean - pretty much everyone's ancestors had SOMETHING  positive to be proud of and remembering that and realizing we have the chance to build on their accomplishments is wonderful.  Also - it helps kids feel like they're part of something bigger and that keeps them grounded. its actually very important.

As long as you don't take it too far.

43 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

Most everybody is a mutt of english, french, german, italian, fill in the blank european, etc. This mixing... they had zero control over and so what is there to be proud of. You randomly are the offspring of a two parents that are a mix of a bunch of others...seems more like luck more than anything to be proud of. 

Dude honestly - i find that point of view heartbreaking.  And the path your forefathers had to take so that you could have the opportunites of today was far from just luck.

Our ancestry can inspire us, make us greatful for what they sacrificed and worked for so that we could exist and have what we have, it's a tie between the past and the future and puts our own lives into perspective in the big picture. It shows us what CAN be accomplished by people like ourselves and pushes us to accomplish more.

Now - if ALL You're celebrating is your skin colour then yeah that's pretty pointless.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, impartialobserver said:

Answer me one question... I am white. what control did I have over this? Can you answer this in short, succinct fashion?

No one has control over what skin color they are born with. But I was born white and I am quite happy and proud to be white. Of course to some dimwitted liberals here, I am being racist. 

The trouble with people like you is that you believe that all white people are way too priviliged and white people need to be brought down a few notches. Screw that, whitey. Hey, if you are one of those guilt-ridden and gullible white liberal people that believes that most white people, except you are bad, then go cry on your pillow tonight. 

Short enough for you? ?

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

It is you that is showing anti-white racism towards white people like myself who would just like to have and see his own white British/European heritage and history month celebrated and recognized in his own white homeland. There is nothing racist about that. Only non-white racists like yourself see it only as a case of racism. Pathetic indeed. 

So, as far as you are concerned, it is not seen as racism when Asians, Blacks or Sikhs can have a week or month to be able to celebrate their heritage and history? So, what kind of bull chit are you trying to spread here anyway, racist? ?

yeah - that's my bad.  I was being entirely sarcastic with calling it racist and obviously i didn't make that clear enough. It was more like 'black's ok, brown's ok, yellow is ok, but white? - that's racist. ' It was supposed to be mimicking a typical leftie response.

Sorry for the confusion :)

• Like 1

On 5/2/2023 at 11:00 PM, cougar said:

You can pick a day and celebrate it as a Day of Shame for the white Canadians.

Maybe the Reconciliation day is a good Day of Shame ?

I want to see the day when good old whitey gets to be recognized for the good that they have done to humanity. The white folk have done wonders and brought technology to many non-white countries or at least have tried too.

What happened in the past to the native Indians has nothing to do with me today. Those white people are now long gone. We need to stop trying to blame old whitey of today for all that has happened to the native Indians in the past. Even with all of the taxpayer's tax dollars giving to them over the centuries, they still whine and cry about old whitey and how mean we white folk are. What a bunch of ingrates. Many non-white countries have treated their native Indians like chit. Wake up, lulu. 

I owe the native Indians in this country. Old whitey has done more for the native Indians in Canada. For one thing, old whitey was able to bring to an end the killings between the different Indian tribes here in Canada. They use to go hunting to try and kill each other. They do not kill each other anymore. Thank you, white people. ?

Reconciliation day is just another excuse for the wasteful federal government spending of taxpayer's tax dollars to try and look good, when in fact, they could care less about the native Indians just like they could care less about white folk. ☹️

On 5/3/2023 at 4:14 AM, BeaverFever said:

Really? You celebrate all of those days?  Do you dress up in costume?

Honestly the “how come there’s no white history month “ type complaints are so juvenile and idi*tic I know I’m not supposed to respond to dumb threads like these but it’s so hard to not ridicule stup1dity  

Go start a thread complaining about why there are no battered husband shelters or why men don’t have tampon dispensers in their public washrooms while you’re at it. 

1. Now I truly know that you are suffering from the real beaver fever disease. Better have it looked at. And what a silly azz reply from a silly azz himself. FYI, I only will dress up in white costumes to represent my white race. Ha-ha-ha.

2. But it is all okay with you that we all need to celebrate Black, Asian or Sikh history week or month but not be able to do the same for white people. That is racism against the people who first founded and built up this once great country, which is today starting to look more like a non-white country. Look around you, fool. All that you post here always looks mighty dumb to me. 

3. WTF? Gesus man. How did you get this far in life with so little. It's amazing. ?

44 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You're going to social justice hell now. You realize that right?  :)

Yup. The woke Marxists in power in Ottawa are working on it. I am well aware of it alright. But I will not go down without a conservative fight. ?

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

What happened in the past to the native Indians has nothing to do with me today.

You really do live in some dream world, don't you?

You live in f***ing Vancouver where there's nothing but disputes over land claims, fishing rights, maritime rights, pipelines through native areas, and 1,000 other issues pertaining to natives and you make a claim like that?

What next? Claim that acknowledging events held on traditional territories is anti-white and racist too. Take something else and turn it ass backward to enrage the deplorables?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, herbie said:

You really do live in some dream world, don't you?

You live in f***ing Vancouver where there's nothing but disputes over land claims, fishing rights, maritime rights, pipelines through native areas, and 1,000 other issues pertaining to natives and you make a claim like that?

What next? Claim that acknowledging events held on traditional territories is anti-white and racist too. Take something else and turn it ass backward to enrage the deplorables?

Dream on, dreamer. 

It's not just Vancouver. There are disputes all over Canada with these tribes of trouble making native Indians. The native Indians pretty much own all of BC. today. There is nothing that can be done without their approval. If any mining or oil  company wants to do anything on their so called land, then they have to get the approval of the Indians first. 

Thousands of jobs are in the waiting because of these bunch of ingrates to allow the work to begin. Most times in the end, they get what the want. MONEY. If the offer is appealing looking, then all is okay. Write the Indian a check. 

You have no idea about what is going on in BC. So, STHU. ? 

On 5/3/2023 at 8:46 AM, Aristides said:

An amendment to the Indian Act in 1894, under Prime Minister Mackenzie Bowell, made attendance at day schools, industrial schools, or residential schools compulsory for First Nations children. 

And why shouldn't they?  Everyone is compelled to go to school and get a basic education.

Why should Aboriginal children have been exempt?  

Do you seriously think school should have been optional?

Why should Canadians be paying billions of dollars for aboriginals children who were required to go to school back in the mid 20th century.  This is just another insane payout by the Liberal-NDP shysters.

Canadians are being scammed right and left and required to pay compensation for aboriginal children who attended day school.  How is this reasonable?  If someone was abused that is one thing.  But paying every kid who went to school tens of thousands of dollars because they were allegedly deprived of some dead native language is ludicrous and a scam.  If that is the case, I am sure will come up with excuses to make Canadians pay and pay forever.

5 hours ago, taxme said:

No one has control over what skin color they are born with. But I was born white and I am quite happy and proud to be white. Of course to some dimwitted liberals here, I am being racist. 

The trouble with people like you is that you believe that all white people are way too priviliged and white people need to be brought down a few notches. Screw that, whitey. Hey, if you are one of those guilt-ridden and gullible white liberal people that believes that most white people, except you are bad, then go cry on your pillow tonight. 

Short enough for you? ?

show explicitly where i said that white people are too privileged?  No opinions, no rhetoric, no interpretations.. show me an quote where I explicitly stated that?

4 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:
7 hours ago, herbie said:

FYI . . .   I'm the one who lives among the natives. 

Living for free on-reserve?   Got a native name yet . . . . 'Hewith Twofaces'  ?

Cigarette business going well for you?  How about those tax-free tires  to your white buddies off-reserve?

You are a racist pig aren't you. Proud of it, too.