Political Discourse - Canada vs the United States

• Forum Admin

Neither I, nor the forum, is physically in Canada anymore.

While the site does attract more Canadians, the ratio of Canadians to Americans is narrowing everyday.

I also disagree with the premise that Canada is a more civilized county.  I've lived in both, and they both contain elements of uncivilized behavior.

Canada is a bit of an anomaly. We have a small population all huddles around our southern border. We have a massive land mass full of all the resources we need to be successful. Yet we consistently squander our advantages for the sake of...climate, equity, etc...

Canada is currently being run by a destructive clique that opposes wealth and success. They are completely irrational. But on the plus side...their little leader has a nice collection of cute sockies.

On 4/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, Greg said:

I also disagree with the premise that Canada is a more civilized county.  I've lived in both, and they both contain elements of uncivilized behavior.

Aside from the occasional tantrum from Trudeau, we definitely don't have their hateful politics or their divisive rhetoric, and even our BLM protest was actually peaceful. 

It was always my suspicion that they got their idea for the Russian collusion show trial from our 3-yr-long Duffygate fiasco, which ran Harper out of office, but all the Libs and NDP did was yell the same things over and over and the MSM acted like it was all highly relevant.

The Russian collusion thing was like Duffygate on steroids. The FBI committed actual crimes to keep RCollusion going, and the RCMP didn't overburden Harper and his associates with nearly as many document subpoenas, interrogations, etc. No Harper associates were locked up for 20 yr-old crimes and then offered reduced sentences for false testimony. No Harper associates were arrested by 17 hyped-up attack cops with fully automatic weapons waving around while CBC was just randomly on location to film it all.

Duffygate was boring. It lacked incivility. It lacked machine guns. It lacked KGB tactics. 

Our MSM will pretend to see swastikas and confederate flags to provide support to Trudeau's hate speech, but they still don't get bug eyed about it. We don't have anything remotely resembling Joy Reid's hateful screed. Trudeau has to say most of the lies and hate speech himself. 

I don't think that our democracy is in any better hands but it's definitely dying a more civilized death. It's dying by lethal injection, America's democracy is being torn apart by wild dogs. 

8 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Aside from the occasional tantrum from Trudeau, we definitely don't have their hateful politics or their divisive rhetoric, and even our BLM protest was actually peaceful. 

It was always my suspicion that they got their idea for the Russian collusion show trial from our 3-yr-long Duffygate fiasco, which ran Harper out of office, but all the Libs and NDP did was yell the same things over and over and the MSM acted like it was all highly relevant.

The Russian collusion thing was like Duffygate on steroids. The FBI committed actual crimes to keep RCollusion going, and the RCMP didn't overburden Harper and his associates with nearly as many document subpoenas, interrogations, etc. No Harper associates were locked up for 20 yr-old crimes and then offered reduced sentences for false testimony. No Harper associates were arrested by 17 hyped-up attack cops with fully automatic weapons waving around while CBC was just randomly on location to film it all.

Duffygate was boring. It lacked incivility. It lacked machine guns. It lacked KGB tactics. 

Our MSM will pretend to see swastikas and confederate flags to provide support to Trudeau's hate speech, but they still don't get bug eyed about it. We don't have anything remotely resembling Joy Reid's hateful screed. Trudeau has to say most of the lies and hate speech himself. 

I don't think that our democracy is in any better hands but it's definitely dying a more civilized death. It's dying by lethal injection, America's democracy is being torn apart by wild dogs. 

Liberals have taken to using very shady tactics to dispose of anyone who opposes them. Then the legal system refuses to prosecute, or slow walks an investigation. 

This is not political anymore. They've declared war on any opposition to their agenda. It's sickening to watch...and it's a dangerous game they're playing. Especially in the USA.

• Like 1