Media reports majority do not support Monarchy

58 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Franco fought in defence of the Roman Catholic Monarch & Church

but conflating the Romanist Crown of Spain

with the Ulster Scots Protestant British Crown

is comparing apples to Oranges

I see a distinction without a difference.  Prussia had a Protestant absolute monarch who started WW1. 

Just now, BeaverFever said:

The Kaiser was pulling the strings and escalating the geopolitical with the Entente. He is widely considered to be the primary aggressor 

the Kaiser wasn't pulling any strings for war

in fact, the outbreak of the war caught him completely off guard

9 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

He is widely considered to be the primary aggressor 

Germany violated Belgian Neutrality

which Britain invoked as a casus belli

but the war was already in progress by that point

France & Russia had declared war upon Germany ; before Germany invaded Belgium

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Germany violated Belgian Neutrality

which Britain invoked as a casus belli

but the war was already in progress by that point

France & Russia had declared war upon Germany ; before Germany invaded Belgium

In March 1890, Wilhelm dismissed Chancellor Otto von Bismarck and assumed direct control over his nation's policies, embarking on a bellicose "New Course" to cement Germany's status as a leading world power. Over the course of his reign, the German colonial empire acquired new territories in China and the Pacific (such as Jiaozhou Bay, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Caroline Islands) and became Europe's largest manufacturer. However, Wilhelm often undermined such progress by making tactless and threatening statements towards other countries without first consulting his ministers. Likewise, his regime did much to alienate itself from other great powers by initiating a massive naval build-up, contesting French control of Morocco, and building a railway through Baghdadthat challenged Britain's dominion in the Persian Gulf.[1][2][3] By the second decade of the 20th century, Germany could rely only on significantly weaker nations such as Austria-Hungary and the declining Ottoman Empire as allies.

Wilhelm's reign culminated in Germany's guarantee of military support to Austria-Hungary during the crisis of July 1914, one of the immediate causes of World War I. A lax wartime leader, Wilhelm left virtually all decision-making regarding strategy and organisation of the war effort to the German Army's Great General Staff. By August 1916, this broad delegation of power gave rise to a de facto military dictatorship that dominated national policy for the rest of the conflict. 

Wilhelm offered to support Austria-Hungary in crushing the Black Hand, the secret organisation that had plotted the killing, and even sanctioned the use of force by Austria against the perceived source of the movement—Serbia (this is often called "the blank cheque"). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_II,_German_Emperor#:~:text=Wilhelm's reign culminated in Germany's,German Army's Great General

26 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

In March 1890, Wilhelm dismissed Chancellor Otto von Bismarck and assumed direct control over his nation's policies, embarking on a bellicose "New Course" to cement Germany's status as a leading world power. Over the course of his reign, the German colonial empire acquired new territories in China and the Pacific (such as Jiaozhou Bay, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Caroline Islands) and became Europe's largest manufacturer. However, Wilhelm often undermined such progress by making tactless and threatening statements towards other countries without first consulting his ministers. Likewise, his regime did much to alienate itself from other great powers by initiating a massive naval build-up, contesting French control of Morocco, and building a railway through Baghdadthat challenged Britain's dominion in the Persian Gulf.[1][2][3] By the second decade of the 20th century, Germany could rely only on significantly weaker nations such as Austria-Hungary and the declining Ottoman Empire as allies.

Wilhelm's reign culminated in Germany's guarantee of military support to Austria-Hungary during the crisis of July 1914, one of the immediate causes of World War I. A lax wartime leader, Wilhelm left virtually all decision-making regarding strategy and organisation of the war effort to the German Army's Great General Staff. By August 1916, this broad delegation of power gave rise to a de facto military dictatorship that dominated national policy for the rest of the conflict. 

Wilhelm offered to support Austria-Hungary in crushing the Black Hand, the secret organisation that had plotted the killing, and even sanctioned the use of force by Austria against the perceived source of the movement—Serbia (this is often called "the blank cheque"). 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_II,_German_Emperor#:~:text=Wilhelm's reign culminated in Germany's,German Army's Great General

Kaiser Bill did not start the war

Austria started the war

Kaiser Bill was not the aggressor against France & Russia

France & Russia declared war upon Germany first

1 August 1914 : Russia declares war upon Germany

3 August 1914 ; France declares war upon Germany

Kaiser Bill makes no aggressive moves, until 4 August 1914

then he actually changed his mind, said he wanted to call it off

but the General Staff told him it was too late by then

Edited by Dougie93

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Meh...we certainly don't need a monarch.

you are none the less stuck with one

whether you like it not

Canada is a monarchy under the rule of the British Crown

it's right there in black & white, in the Constitution Act

love it or leave it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

you are none the less stuck with one

whether you like it not

Canada is a monarchy under the rule of the British Crown

it's right there in black & white, in the Constitution Act

love it or leave it

Given the choice...I'd leave it by using a really good eraser.

What do we need Chuck and his cost for? The "Common Wealth" alliance I understand. But we don' need no stinking king, to validate ourselves. Especially one as homely and boring as ol' Chuckles here.

4 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Given the choice...I'd leave it by using a really good eraser.

What do we need Chuck and his cost for? The "Common Wealth" alliance I understand. But we don' need no stinking king, to validate ourselves. Especially one as homely and boring as ol' Chuckles here.

there's nothing you can do

your Canada doesn't exist

my Canada is the constitution and the law

God save the King

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The "Common Wealth" alliance I understand

the Commonwealth has no basis in law, it's not the British Crown

the Commonwealth is nothing more than a cultural institution

the two largest members of the Commonwealth are the republics of India & Pakistan

Just now, blackbird said:

Nobody should have any doubt that Romanism is a system that sets itself up as the mediator and judge between everyone and God.

and it is coming in the form of Woke Progressive Environmentalism now

Justin Trudeau kneels side by side with the Whore of Babylon

rally to the colours in the face of Romanist tyranny

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the Commonwealth is not an "alliance"

there is no treaty, there is no basis in law

the Commonwealth is just a cocktail party club, Queen Elizabeth's pet project on the side

Pakistan is in the Commonwealth

so if you swear fealty to the Commonwealth

you swear fealty to the Pakistani ISI & the Taliban therein

good luck with that

I don't swear fealty to anyone...except my wife.

I'm not so much a royalist as a constitutional monarchist.

I shall decline the invitation to swear allegiance to HM  on the grounds that no fealty is due to a mere figurehead.

The bloodiest war (proportionally) in English history settled once and for all that power resides in Parliament not the Palace.

I'm not swearing fealty to those crooks either.

Nor to any god.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 11:16 AM, Dougie93 said:

the only distinction between an American and an Anglo Canadian

is that the Anglo Canadian chooses to live under the de jure rule of the British Crown

We also sell bags of milk.

Anglo Canadians are de facto Americans culturally as well

That's retarded.  Growing up with bags of milk has shaped us as culturally unique.

I think you're stuck in 1866.  We haven't been loyalists since at least the Statute of Westminster, the Citizenship Act, and Royal Style and Titles Act and many other pieces of legislation.  Get over it and stop whining about your own identity issues.  If you want to be a Brit or an American then go move to Britain or America.  As far as i'm concerned America and Britain have colonized your brain lol.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We haven't been loyalists since at least the Statute of Westminster, the Citizenship Act, and Royal Style and Titles Act and many other pieces of legislation.

Simply being a Canadian is being a loyalist because we are a Constitutional Monarchy.  If you are a Canadian, you are a loyalist.  There is no choice.

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Simply being a Canadian is being a loyalist because we are a Constitutional Monarchy.  If you are a Canadian, you are a loyalist.  There is no choice.

Do not forget, this is the system that brought us the Great Canada, which was one of the best countries to live in the world in terms of safety, prosperity and tolerance of others. A peace-keeper nation.

Today we have many more problems, such as insufficient health care and  a broken infrastructure. 

This happened after we sold the Crown Corporations.

Therefore be careful what you wish for,

you might get it

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Today we have many more problems, such as insufficient health care and  a broken infrastructure. 

Unfortunately, we have a government that seems bent on social engineering the country to fit it's own image of what it thinks Canada should be.  That should not be the purpose of government.  Perhaps it is the way a government goes when it has been in power too long.