What are your Most Controversial Opinions?

-I don't believe there is such a thing as a subject matter that can't be made into a joke. If you don't like jokes that don't offend you, don't attend a comedy club.

-I can't stand the soft penalties I often see for drinking and driving. Penalties for one who does so and causes a crash, should be very severe. No exceptions.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

-I don't believe there is such a thing as a subject matter that can't be made into a joke. If you don't like jokes that don't offend you, don't attend a comedy club.

-I can't stand the soft penalties I often see for drinking and driving. Penalties for one who does so and causes a crash, should be very severe. No exceptions.

I think both of those opinions are reasonable.  I agree with them both.

I don't know if I have any opinions that I wouldn't make public, but two that get me into trouble with people I generally agree with are:

-While I am completely on board with fact that we are undergoing human caused climate change, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that we are going to stop it.

-The left has a massive, utterly inexplicable blind spot when it comes to Islam.

-I feel that pushing for men to be more effeminate, is wrong and will have social ramifications. 

-Body positivity for the morbidly obese, encourages self destructive behavior. Sorry, but you just can't be healthy at 400lbs. Unless you're taller than Shaquille O'Neal, of course.

3 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

I 100 % agree, drinking and driving causing death should be a life sentence. 

-Taking a life should be a life sentence, 25 years per life you take, and 25 means 25 years no time taken off for good behavior, or time already served...

-Rape and child molestation should also be life sentences...

-Politicians should be held accountable for their actions, be it for breaking the law, or governmental policies, such as fines or stepping down. 

- If the globe can not come to a consensus on climate change, then Canada should give up it's stance and concentrate on our economy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I think both of those opinions are reasonable.  I agree with them both.

I don't know if I have any opinions that I wouldn't make public, but two that get me into trouble with people I generally agree with are:

1.  -While I am completely on board with fact that we are undergoing human caused climate change, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that we are going to stop it.

2  -The left has a massive, utterly inexplicable blind spot when it comes to Islam.

1.  I agree.  

2.  The right is massively anti-Islam because they see violent extremists as representing all Muslins.  ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Army Guy said:

1.  I 100 % agree, drinking and driving causing death should be a life sentence. 

2.  -Taking a life should be a life sentence, 25 years per life you take, and 25 means 25 years no time taken off for good behavior, or time already served...

3.  -Rape and child molestation should also be life sentences...

4.  -Politicians should be held accountable for their actions, be it for breaking the law, or governmental policies, such as fines or stepping down. 

5. - If the globe can not come to a consensus on climate change, then Canada should give up it's stance and concentrate on our economy.

1.  Agree, but only if they've got a history of offences.  If no history, then 15 years.

2.  Agree 

3.  Agree, but till actual death, not 25 years.

4.  Agree. 

5. Disagree; one shouldn't cancel out the other.  But Canada should be a leader in reaching goals, which it clearly is not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

1.  I agree.  

2.  The right is massively anti-Islam because they see violent extremists as representing all Muslins.  ?

Excellent controversial opinion example!

I'm glad we agree on CC.

I believe we are ruled by an unseen cabal of very rich and connected people. These are the uber-elites, the 1% of the 1%.

But it could be there are multiple "cabals" for lack of better word, each having their own power network and regions of interest. And now due to corporatism they are able to influence governments, in a coordinated fashion worldwide.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 4:30 PM, dialamah said:

1.  Agree, but only if they've got a history of offences.  If no history, then 15 years.

2.  Agree 

3.  Agree, but till actual death, not 25 years.

4.  Agree. 

5. Disagree; one shouldn't cancel out the other.  But Canada should be a leader in reaching goals, which it clearly is not.

1... I disagree, everyone knows the consequences of drinking then driving, and yet drivers make a clear decision to get into their car and drive, it will be ok this one time...no different than playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun, you don't know if this is going to be the time you kill someone... And lets be clear, dead is dead, your family member is not coming back once the drivers sentence is over, it's forever...i would agree if the victim was injured, then 15 years might be enough...Drunk driving kills more people in Canada than guns, and this country has gone over board with those restrictions...

5...Yes it should , why do we punish ourselves while a good portion of the world has stuck their heads in the sand and are free to coast along in life without consequence...Besides Canada is not very serious about climate change stop kidding yourselves, we are wasting billions of our tax dollars on measures that have shown very little results, and the stuff we are short on like our electrical grid are being over looked. not to mention solar and wind power have not been really subsidized by the government to the point it makes for a good investment by Canadians. Not to mention regardless of what the west does to combat this whole issue we will never reach our goals without the rest of the globe pitching in...we have yet to convince all Canadians that this issue is real and has consequences, or to move or invest into wind and solar...

Canada has rarely been a leader in anything, and if we have not invested in ourselves kind of hard to convince others into doing the something .

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 10:36 PM, Army Guy said:

Politicians should be held accountable for their actions, be it for breaking the law, or governmental policies, such as fines or stepping down

I agree, but sadly it seems how you get away with things relies more on who you make friends with than the crime itself.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:36 PM, Army Guy said:

Rape and child molestation should also be life sentences

In general prison population. Especially for molesters. Saves tax dollars when you let the problem take care of itself.

There are certain codes you don't break. Even in jail. 

1. People who don't have children but say "my dogs/cats are my children" are very stupid.

2. Mothers or fathers who stay at home after their kids are in school (electively, outside of extenuating circumstances) are poor role models and incomplete people.  

3. Whenever I discover that someone is religious I automatically assume they are dumber than whatever was my first impression of them. (Because, come on!) 

4. Financial success is overwhelmingly more about luck/opportunity than intellect or talent or hard work. 

5. There is no "right size" government but rather government should scale based on the challenges and objectives of a people. We'll eventually get to a global government.

6. TERF feminists have a point, as long as they are otherwise allies.

Edited by Hodad

-I think trans ideology as we see it today, has taken a page out of authoritarian regimes.

This and woke culture in general, in the removal of conflicting ideas or ability to have constructive debates, keeping guidelines vague and constantly changing as power is consolidated, manipulation of information, the appealing to emotions or in this case, playing politics. Lastly, if all else fails, violence. 

7 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

victimhood is far too prevalent

Yeah, instead of having people built to earn something in life, they want it handed because of their victim status.

The honest on the victim Olympics stat sheet, gets the most concessions. 

I cringed the other day watching Don Lemon prior to termination, play the victim card on black history.

Because of his "black hurt" another racial minority somehow needed to cowtoe to his opinion because he wasn't black.

Its that mentality that is precisely why some of those environments stay the same.

You're focused on your black hurt, vs black progress. Black uprising. 

My most controversial opinion is that the death penalty needs to be reinstated and used. For certain crimes, shooting a cop, gun fights in public, slavery, the guilty party should be hauled out behind the court immediately...and shot. No jail...no appeal...no last meal.

I also think homelessness in Canada is nonsense. If a person is incapable of going to service Canada for welfare, and would rather live on the streets begging, they are mentally disabled and need to be institutionalized. 

Oh ya...and I think the climate crisis is mostly BS and our response to it is destructive. 

Edited by Nationalist

-People who come here barely speaking English, getting angry at me because I can't understand them. 

IE at a gas station paying inside, and the clerk alerts me to a deal.

"Keh vish, only 2$" in a heavy Indian accent. 

I say no thanks and ask to pay for the fuel only.

"But only 2$ keh vish".

He really insisted, so I insisted as well: "no keh vish, am good".

I am about to turn black and pull the ghetto out of me if he was going to ask again, considering I have no clue what he is telling me.

He looks at me like I had just said the most degrading and racist thing, ever, then points to the sign in front of me, to where I realized what he was asking me:

"Oh, car wash"..

I mean, you can't get mad at the lack of opportunity, if you're not focused on sharpening your skills, the language spoken included.

I go to work in Japan, I need to learn Japanese. I need to learn cultural nuances. 

Saying this in the west is racist. 

We have managed to turn people into narssissists based on how we have softened language so bad it almost lost its meaning to be held accountable for anything anymore. 

15 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Yeah, instead of having people built to earn something in life, they want it handed because of their victim status.

The honest on the victim Olympics stat sheet, gets the most concessions. 

I cringed the other day watching Don Lemon prior to termination, play the victim card on black history.

Because of his "black hurt" another racial minority somehow needed to cowtoe to his opinion because he wasn't black.

Its that mentality that is precisely why some of those environments stay the same.

You're focused on your black hurt, vs black progress. Black uprising. 

Where I differ from most is that I think that both sides do it. The poor, oppressed American Christian.. Boo hoo.. Oh wait, you are the overwhelming majority. Oh.... but.. but.. Or the 10-pt IQ types from rural Idaho, Nevada who say that their ways are under attack. And yet you drive out there and everything looks exactly the same today as it did in 1988. Under attack would infer someone from the outside is trying to change the land or people  so why does it look exactly the same for 30+ years. 

• 1 month later...

The Conservation of Momentum is relevant to falling skyscrapers.

Since every LEVEL of a skyscraper must support the weight of all LEVELS above the designers of such buildings must determine how to distribute the steel. Consider the shape of the Eiffel Tower. It is described as exponential with 10,000 tons of wrought iron. How much iron is in the bottom 50 feet compared to the top 50 feet. The Twin Towers were 35% taller with 100,000 tons of steel in each.

So how could a straight down collapse be analyzed without accurate data on the distributions of steel and concrete down the structures? Try finding any "experts" discussing the need for that data in the Two Decades of The Twin Towers Affair.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT4BXIpdIdo

Edited by psikeyhackr
mispelling