TUCKER CARLSON OUT AT FOX NEWS

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

That IS the question.

What's in question?  Fox didn't think they could win the case.  They settled to spare themselves the embarrassment of having their hosts and executives paraded out to testify about how they didn't believe anything they were saying and that they knew what they were claiming was false.  Not only that, but if they lost the case the judgment could have ended up being a lot worse than nearly $800M.  

37 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What's in question?  Fox didn't think they could win the case.  They settled to spare themselves the embarrassment of having their hosts and executives paraded out to testify about how they didn't believe anything they were saying and that they knew what they were claiming was false.  Not only that, but if they lost the case the judgment could have ended up being a lot worse than nearly $800M.  

Again.  None of what they were saying or believed, damaged Dominion.

33 minutes ago, sharkman said:

You must be joking. They continually ALLEGED that Dominion machines were so defective they could be programmed to SWITCH VOTES by candidate, and NOT by programmers who were expert in their system software.

11 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You must be joking. They continually ALLEGED that Dominion machines were so defective they could be programmed to SWITCH VOTES by candidate, and NOT by programmers who were expert in their system software.

Show me.

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Dominion disagreed, and that's why the company sued.  ?

That Fox had to pay almost $800B to settle after it became publicly apparent that what deadbeats like Carlson were saying was very different than what they believed, is basically a concession of the above.  

You are always good for a laugh.  Thanks again.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Dominion disagreed, and that's why the company sued.  ?

That Fox had to pay almost $800B to settle after it became publicly apparent that what deadbeats like Carlson were saying was very different than what they believed, is basically a concession of the above.  

You are always good for a laugh.  Thanks again.  

Wow, 800 billion now.  Thanks for the laugh, the Iraqi Propaganda Ministry strikes again!  ?

38 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Well it's pretty obvious, you just don't want to see it.

Again I say, Fox News is no longer a conservative organization. The old Fox News would have fought this tooth and nail, and not settled out of court.  And they would have appealed all the way to the Supreme Court. 

And not even John Roberts himself could have kept Clarence Thomas from this case.   

Edited by sharkman

Boys and girls, (I decided to delete the shortened F word along with the grow up deal.)

Carlson wasn't the ONLY talking head in the Fox family. He has the highest ratings for his time slot because the competing networks put Nazis on the same time he's on. So naturally he will outdraw those goose steppers.

Remember this: A WHORE came along and accused Bill O'Reilly of some sex offense and Fox fired him. (Never mind that the WHORE was probably lying.) Fox hired Tucker Carlson who maintained the ratings for that time slot.

Fox will hire someone else to take Tucker's place, and Tucker will go to a network where he'll be paid a LOT MORE MONEY and will be a lot happier.

And then the goose steppers here will be beeching and moaning about how mean his replacement is.

Conservatives who are too close to this claim that Tucker was the only reason they watched Fox and now it is going to go down the tubes, just like Bud LIte did. 

(This pisses me off to no end because it puts me in the position of being almost a MODERATE, and I have almost as much contempt for moderates as I do for liberals. Rather, the businessman side of me realizes that Tucker's leaving will not cause loyal Fox viewers to switch off Sean Hannity, Greg Gutfield, Jesse Waters, et all. So I'm a little ticked at BOTH sides of the aisle for the !diotic reactions they are having.)

Fox will STILL be the highest rated and the BEST AND MOST BALANCED news source in the universe. It didn't depend totally on Carlson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Again I say, Fox News is no longer a conservative organization. The old Fox News would have fought this tooth and nail, and not settled out of court.  And they would have appealed all the way to the Supreme Court. 

And not even John Roberts himself could have kept Clarence Thomas from this case.   

FOX is  whatever its viewers want it to be, it has no ideology other than profit. Murdoch said so himself. They didn't shell out 3/4 of a billion just because they decided to become liberals. WTF are you smoking?

FOX still has the Smartmatic and Grossberg cases pending, as well as shareholders suing the directors. They will still be in court over this long after Rupert is pushing up daisies.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

FOX is  whatever its viewers want it to be, it has no ideology other than profit. Murdoch said so himself. They didn't shell out 3/4 of a billion just because they decided to become liberals. WTF are you smoking?

FOX still has the Smartmatic and Grossberg cases pending, as well as shareholders suing the directors. They will still be in court over this long after Rupert is pushing up daisies.

Fox is no longer the same organization it was, the same way Twitter is no longer the same organization it was.

59 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Blackrock owns shares in everything, it manages around 10 trillion in assets. 

Blackrock owns 15% of  FOX  class A shares as well.

What's your point

I think this is his point:

Animated | Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

When you get your news from the donkeys you follow on Twitter, you get exactly what you want.  ?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 7:53 AM, Nationalist said:

Carlson isn't allowed his own opinions? Sure he is. So is everyone. First instance, I believe you're a young adolescent female.

He lied to you. He doesn’t even believe in the “opinions” he tells you. And furthermore you take his fake opinions as facts.   Because you’re a sucker.

Oh and since I’m not young or adolescent or female, thanks for confirming that your beliefs are always wrong 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Putin’s propagandists mourn the loss of their American 5th columnist 

Our Beloved Tucker Carlson Has Been Fired!’ Russian Propagandists Fume Over ‘Disgrace’ Ouster of Fox Host

By Ken MeyerApr 25th, 2023, 3:59 pm 

Kremlin propagandists were in mourning as they predicted on air that Tucker Carlson will be thrown in prison after his firing from Fox News.

In the months before his ouster from Fox News, Carlson has been favorably citedtime and again by Russian state TV presenters. Ever since Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine, Carlson has constantly trashed Ukraine, amplified Russian propaganda, and complained about America’s aid to the democratically-elected government being attacked by a hostile foreign power.

Julia Davis, a Daily Beast columnist, and curator of the Russian Media Monitor, regularly flagged state TV conversations where the presenters grimly addressed Carlson’s ouster.

“Our beloved Tucker Carlson has been fired, it’s a disgrace!” Dmitry Drobnitsky exclaimed. This was met with Vladimir Solovyov’s input: “It’s a total outrage!”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/our-beloved-tucker-carlson-has-been-fired-russian-propagandists-fume-over-disgrace-ouster-of-fox-host/

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

Putin’s propagandists mourn the loss of their American 5th columnist 

Our Beloved Tucker Carlson Has Been Fired!’ Russian Propagandists Fume Over ‘Disgrace’ Ouster of Fox Host

By Ken MeyerApr 25th, 2023, 3:59 pm 

Kremlin propagandists were in mourning as they predicted on air that Tucker Carlson will be thrown in prison after his firing from Fox News.

In the months before his ouster from Fox News, Carlson has been favorably citedtime and again by Russian state TV presenters. Ever since Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine, Carlson has constantly trashed Ukraine, amplified Russian propaganda, and complained about America’s aid to the democratically-elected government being attacked by a hostile foreign power.

Julia Davis, a Daily Beast columnist, and curator of the Russian Media Monitor, regularly flagged state TV conversations where the presenters grimly addressed Carlson’s ouster.

“Our beloved Tucker Carlson has been fired, it’s a disgrace!” Dmitry Drobnitsky exclaimed. This was met with Vladimir Solovyov’s input: “It’s a total outrage!”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/our-beloved-tucker-carlson-has-been-fired-russian-propagandists-fume-over-disgrace-ouster-of-fox-host/

In Russia, Carlson would have got 30 years for saying the same things about the their government. Not that he would survive that long.

So, let's recap...

The Murdoch family, the greediest lying asshats on the planet, owned a TV network with the most visible lying asshats on the planet, selling lies to dupes who were begging for them.

Then the biggest asshat, the one with the biggest ratings went over the top with the lies thinking he would never be fired or sued.  The asshats all got sued, and then the biggest asshat got fired.

Are there still some chumps on here clinging to those fabulous lies?

It's hard to imagine living that way, isn't it?  I just get confused when I try to imagine the internal rationale for that.

• Thanks 4