TUCKER CARLSON OUT AT FOX NEWS

Just now, Moonbox said:

There's no reason it wouldn't be inadmissible.  Firing a guy shortly before he's set to testify raises very reasonable  questions.  

of course there is.  go take a law course or two and then we'll talk.

Just now, Moonbox said:

Not true at all. Circumstantial evidence (or evidence-by-inference) is absolutely admissible and is sometimes enough to win a case by itself.  

It has to be entirely relevant - more of that evidence is thrown out than kept. I dont think you understand what 'circumstantial' evidence is.  It means something that is RELEVANT ENTIRELY to the case but is not direct evidence. and relying on it is not a good way to win a case. POSSIBLY a civil case maybe, but even then.

lets just let this go. You REALLY don't have a clue what you're talking about and it's just becoming silly.

Just now, Moonbox said:

Wrong again, and in a number of ways.  First, the burden of proof is much lower in civil cases, and decisions are made on the balance of probabilities rather than beyond reasonable doubt. 

Sigh, They still decide the case based on law, not how they feel. Balance of probability still means that the RELEVANT evidence must be considered and weghted. Otherwise it goes to appeal guaranteed. If a judge said "well - the evidence doesn't really support it but you DID fire tucker and i think that's shady sooooo " then appeal is guaranteed.

Just now, Moonbox said:

Second, the idea that judges don't care about common sense is ridiculous, especially in common-law based on legal opinions.  

They care about law, that's all they care about.  If the law says one thing and common sense says another then too bad.

Just now, Moonbox said:

"My hatred and intolerance."  ?

Exactly.  try to keep it in check in the future if you could.

Just now, Moonbox said:

Tucker Carlson viewers and late night comedy watchers are looking for very, very different things.  While they both certainly have bias, people watching Stephen Colbert don't come out parroting theories about Ukrainian bioweapon labs etc. 

They absolutely do :)  Jon Stewart was probably the worst for it

Just now, Moonbox said:

Carlson wasn't doing comedy, or satire.  He was a propaganda mouthpiece on what was ostensibly a news channel, telling the dumb apes what they wanted to hear.  

Same thing. Whether it's comedic or dramatic, it's spinning lies off of core truths to pander to the tastes of your audience and both spread misinformation that their audience buys entirely.

Just now, Moonbox said:

Probably. 

Well it's good when we agree on at least something ;)

16 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...you Libbies. You're all so predictable. 

You hate Carlson because he shines a light on you worms and makes you squirm.!

You can keep fooling yourself that you're some sort of power bottom, but you're just a straight up sub.

The guy acknowledges that he deliberately and with full intent lies to you, that he hates your MAGA god, that the news department should lie too, and you line up, mouth open wide, for another helping. Good lord, try to summon up just a little self respect.

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Hodad said:

You can keep fooling yourself that you're some sort of power bottom, but you're just a straight up sub.

The guy acknowledges that he deliberately and with full intent lies to you, that he hates your MAGA god, that the news department should lie too, and you line up, mouth open wide, for another helping. Good lord, try to summon up just a little self respect.

LOL...boy do you ever like to be silly.

On the same day Carlson leaves FOX, CNN fires Donna LeMon. The guy Carlson destroyed. The guy who tried to justify the "Summer of Love". Meanwhile, Jacob Chansley is out of prison due to Carlson shining a light on the Jan. 6 lies.

Carlson will land on his feet. Donna LeMon is DOA. And while we all watch the abject failure of the Democrats rot the fabric of the USA, you Tweenkies will continue destroying everything you touch.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The truth makes you sick, eh Hodad?

I'm not surprised...

No, I'm confused as to why you think any of that hodgepodge pile of deflection is a response to you're all mooney eyed about a scumbag who has done nothing but lie to you and mistreat you--you and the rest of his audience and the nation as a whole. 

This is like battered wife syndrome, except you seem to love the process. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hodad said:

No, I'm confused as to why you think any of that hodgepodge pile of deflection is a response to you're all mooney eyed about a scumbag who has done nothing but lie to you and mistreat you--you and the rest of his audience and the nation as a whole. 

This is like battered wife syndrome, except you seem to love the process. 

Gee Hodad...you really...really hate Carlson...don't you. Meh...hypocrisy is a Libbie trait.

To those on the right, it’s time to consider that Fox was bought out and is no longer a conservative news organization. They’ve been subtle about it, but calling Arizona during the 2020 election was an obvious tell.  

Settling with Dominion rather than a court case in which Dominion would have had to prove intent, and that it cost them anything.  Nobody settles out of court over something like this.  It’s an outrage that they settled.

Agreeing  to a settlement and agreeing to fire Tucker?  who was their biggest source of revenue?  A conservative organization would have fought this tooth and nail.  True the Vote just saw Konnech drop all charges against them.  But Fox settles.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/breaking-controversial-konnech-company-dismisses-all-charges-against-catherine-engelbrecht-and-gregg-phillips-links-to-china-exposed-true-the-vote-evaluates-options-to-hold-company-accountable/

“After Konnech sued True the Vote last month for defamation, Hoyt ordered True the Vote to turn over any Konnech data the organization still had and disclose the name of the individual who’d helped them obtain it.

…On Tuesday, Gregg Phillips and Catherine Engelbrecht released all of their information on the China-linked Konnech Company at Open.Ink. The next day Konnech dropped ALL CHARGESagainst Gregg and Catherine”

True the Vote is a much smaller organization than Fox, and managed to win in court by simply standing by their guns and telling the truth.  And Fox, with its resources, settles?

And now the rest of their journalists and shows will be much more cautious without Fox having to rein them in, and suffer the bad press that would be generated.  But the outrage over Tucker will hurt them worse than the Bud Light fiasco.  

Fox simply knuckled under when they didn’t have to.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Interesting point of view - what makes you say that?

Because he got fired for making misogynist comments about a female politician for which he apologized. Nothing compared to Carlson who knowingly lied his ass off. I'm not betting either will get back to a major network but I think Lemon would have the best shot. Maybe MSNBC.

14 minutes ago, sharkman said:

To those on the right, it’s time to consider that Fox was bought out and is no longer a conservative news organization. They’ve been subtle about it, but calling Arizona during the 2020 election was an obvious tell.  

Settling with Dominion rather than a court case in which Dominion would have had to prove intent, and that it cost them anything.  Nobody settles out of court over something like this.  It’s an outrage that they settled.

Agreeing  to a settlement and agreeing to fire Tucker?  who was their biggest source of revenue?  A conservative organization would have fought this tooth and nail.  True the Vote just saw Konnech drop all charges against them.  But Fox settles.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/breaking-controversial-konnech-company-dismisses-all-charges-against-catherine-engelbrecht-and-gregg-phillips-links-to-china-exposed-true-the-vote-evaluates-options-to-hold-company-accountable/

“After Konnech sued True the Vote last month for defamation, Hoyt ordered True the Vote to turn over any Konnech data the organization still had and disclose the name of the individual who’d helped them obtain it.

…On Tuesday, Gregg Phillips and Catherine Engelbrecht released all of their information on the China-linked Konnech Company at Open.Ink. The next day Konnech dropped ALL CHARGESagainst Gregg and Catherine”

True the Vote is a much smaller organization than Fox, and managed to win in court by simply standing by their guns and telling the truth.  And Fox, with its resources, settles?

And now the rest of their journalists and shows will be much more cautious without Fox having to rein them in, and suffer the bad press that would be generated.  But the outrage over Tucker will hurt them worse than the Bud Light fiasco.  

Fox simply knuckled under when they didn’t have to.

Dominion had FOX dead to rights. An appeal would have thrown out the award as being far too big if had been made by a jury. FOX was willing to pay hundreds of millions more not to have Carlson and all the others testify under oath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Dominion had FOX dead to rights. An appeal would have thrown out the award as being far too big if had been made by a jury. FOX was willing to pay hundreds of millions more not to have Carlson and all the others testify under oath.

No they did not. 

Konnech had True the Vote dead to rights as well.

25 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Because he got fired for making misogynist comments about a female politician for which he apologized. Nothing compared to Carlson who knowingly lied his ass off. I'm not betting either will get back to a major network but I think Lemon would have the best shot. Maybe MSNBC.

I don't think that's why he got fired. I'm aware that that's been kicked around but i think it was other factors.  I just don't think he's got the pull he used to.  I'm sure he'll get something somewhere but I'm not sure he's much of  a 'hot commodity"

Carlson's ratings were still off the charts.  People always looked at him as more of an actor than a journalist and they love him. Any station who's got a right leaning audience is going to want to snatch him up, he's a license to print money.

Honestly i think they'll both be back somewhere. Tucker might not be in a rush tho, i understand they just renewed his contract and had to pay it out in full, so he's still making his wage for another year at least

22 hours ago, CdnFox said:

of course there is.  go take a law course or two and then we'll talk.

I took several university (business law) and have actually won a civil suit in the last 3 years (or forced the dude to settle).  I'm not a lawyer, but I do know some of the basics, and certainly enough not suggest silly things like:

cluelessidiot.thumb.png.f949574f1af924f50ca96569f1f43ff8.png

When the exact opposite is true with civil cases.  

Sigh, They still decide the case based on law, not how they feel. Balance of probability still means that the RELEVANT evidence must be considered and weghted. 

Yes, and when you fire a guy whose conduct and (pending) testimony are essential evidence to the case, questions why he was fired are very relevant.  The answers may or may not make any difference, but it's absurd to say the question is irrelevant.  

They care about law, that's all they care about.  If the law says one thing and common sense says another then too bad.

Since common sense forms the basis for much of our legal system, the two are rarely in conflict. ?

They absolutely do :)  Jon Stewart was probably the worst for it

Same thing. Whether it's comedic or dramatic, it's spinning lies off of core truths to pander to the tastes of your audience and both spread misinformation that their audience buys entirely.

Tucker Carlson tried to make a similar argument when Jon Stewart humiliated him live on his own show in 2004, leading to its cancellation a few months later.  Stewart's response was that he was a comedian and the lead-in for his program was a show about puppets making prank phone calls. 

If you can't distinguish between the two, that explains a lot.  

9 minutes ago, sharkman said:

No they did not. 

Konnech had True the Vote dead to rights as well.

Dominion had internal emails, Murdoch himself said he knew they were peddling BS. They would also have Abby Grossman's dozens of recorded phone conversations which we will probably hear during her suit. FOX was screwed and they knew it. The last thing they wanted was to see Murdoch, Tucker and all the other miscreants siting in witness box with their hand on a Bible.

Murdoch and Co had to shell out more than a billion Pounds in damages for the phone hacking scandal in the UK. This isn't their first rodeo.

Edited by Aristides

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Dominion had internal emails, Murdoch himself said he knew they were peddling BS. They would also have Abby Grossman's dozens of recorded phone conversations which we will probably hear during her suit. FOX was screwed and they knew it. The last thing they wanted was to see Murdoch, Tucker and all the other miscreants siting in witness box with their hand on a Bible.

None of that proves that Dominion suffered any losses.

9 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I took several university (business law) and have actually won a civil suit in the last 3 years (or forced the dude to settle).  I'm not a lawyer, but I do know some of the basics, and certainly enough not suggest silly things like:

cluelessidiot.thumb.png.f949574f1af924f50ca96569f1f43ff8.png

yeah i'm going to call bullcrap on that.

When the exact opposite is true with civil cases.  

Yes, and when you fire a guy whose conduct and (pending) testimony are essential evidence to the case, questions why he was fired are very relevant.  The answers may or may not make any difference, but it's absurd to say the question is irrelevant.  

What i said is you'd have to prove relevance.

Since common sense forms the basis for much of our legal system, the two are rarely in conflict. ?

Now i KNOW you've never taken a law class or been to court.

Tucker Carlson tried to make a similar argument when Jon Stewart humiliated him live on his own show in 2004, leading to its cancellation a few months later.  Stewart's response was that he was a comedian and the lead-in for his program was a show about puppets making prank phone calls. 

And jon got pilloried for that attitude. He did it a number of times, he would go on other shows and say 'You're dividing america" and they would say "but you do as well" and he'd say "BUT BUT BUT ..  i'm comedy!"

Nobody bought it for long. The truth is he was a coward - he would make strong political statements, not satire, in his show in a funny way and then when people called him on it he'd say 'oh it's not real it's just comedy'.  But then demand it be taken seriously. Now nobody takes him seriously.  Carlson is closer to honest - everyone kowns hes infotainment and bias.

If you can't distinguish between the two, that explains a lot.  

If you thought Carlson was trying to be real news, that explains eve more.

And - If you think they're not the same, you're an !diot.   NEITHER is meant to be an actual news commentator, BOTH are infotainment, both promote a certain political view and both are focused more on amusing their audience in one way or another rather than disseminating truth and fact. Neither expects to be truthful and BOTH rely very heavily on confirmation bias for their popularity.

It's like that rice crispies commercial - what the hell did you THINK they were made of?

Sorry - but even a judge agreed that his show was never meant to be taken as literal news an a sensible person would know that. Be sensible.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:14 AM, Moonbox said:

I imagine he was asked to resign, since the cost of his endless lying and bullshit-spinning was starting to get too high for Fox.  

He'll no doubt land somewhere deeper and darker in the conspiracy clown scene, but at least this is one less "Alex Jones" on network news.   

Ha, he'll probably go into politics next.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

One thing Lemon didn't do was cost his network almost 800 million and counting because this isn't over.

Well neither did Carleson.  He complained about that coverage and said it was silly, they wanted him to keep going. That's not his fault.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:17 AM, WestCanMan said:

Funny thing is that I can guarantee that none of the leftist saps in here has ever even watched a half hour of Tucker's show.

CNN and MSNBC told you that all that's on Fox is lies so you never even went there to check it out. Then you all spent years saying "RUSSIAN COLLUSION!", "UKRAINIAN COLLUSION!", "M BROWN WAS A GENTLE GIANTS AND ALL COPS ARE RACIST!", "DEFUND POLICE!", MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTESTS!", "TRUMP IS AN ILLEGITIMATE PRESIDENT!", "WALLS ARE RACIST!", "COVID KILLS KIDS!", "HCQ KILLS PEOPLE!", "THE VACCINE IS OUR ONLY HOPE!", "THE VACCINE PREVENTS INFECTION!", "IT'S A PANDEMIC OF THE UNVACCINATED!", "NO ONE WAS FORCED TO TAKE THE VAX!", "JAN 6TH WAS LIKE PEARL HARBOUR!" etc and you have no idea how foolish you all looked. 

I've watched plenty of Carlson. Unlike you I inform my opinions about where the right wing is coming from or going by knowing where you get your ideas from - I don't rely on hate-filled assumptions the way you prefer to.  The primary reason I don't vote for Conservatives is the shitty quality of the things that drives so much of their supporters thinking.  

7 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I've watched plenty of Carlson. Unlike you I inform my opinions about where the right wing is coming from or going by knowing where you get your ideas from - I don't rely on hate-filled assumptions the way you prefer to.  The primary reason I don't vote for Conservatives is the shitty quality of the things that drives so much of their supporters thinking.  

contemporary-silver-heart-wall-mirror-p53579-69486_zoom-392780172.jpg

On 4/24/2023 at 11:26 AM, Moonbox said:

You can't fire him during a trial.  That'd be an implication of guilt.  

They fired him once they knew the case was resolved and how much it cost them.  It's very clear this wasn't an amicable split either, else Fox would have given him some sort of send-off.  Just pulling his show out of the blue speaks volumes about what happened.  

There's complicity there, for sure, but there is a difference between his lies and the network's.  In Tucker Carlson's case, there were enough donkey-brains out there slurping his nonsense that his ratings justified Fox News giving him air-time.  Once it became clear that the financial/legal costs of his lies and toxic bullshit couldn't be justified, they pulled the plug on him.  

Could it be that Fox was signalling Tucker's fan base to start cooling it and dial back the nonsense a little?

Nah.