TUCKER CARLSON OUT AT FOX NEWS

4 minutes ago, sharkman said:

No, that’s clearly not what I was saying.  Stop trolling, surely you have the intelligence to make a contribution to this thread?

Yes, and I used it to highlight how much of a goober you are.  ?

She was leaked Tucker’s demise and couldn’t help but gloat…relax moonboy, it’s just an educated guess.

Right, Fox News leaked Tucker's demise to AOC, because surely she'd be the first person they'd tell, being so close and everything.  ?

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Right, Fox News leaked Tucker's demise to AOC, because surely she'd be the first person they'd tell, being so close and everything.  ?

You know - joking aside and not saying this is the case but it woudln't entirely shock me if many years from now it came out that the two of them actually were working together to come up with things that would shock and awe their respective bases :) Hey - if we say this your people will go bat crap crazy and then you can reply like this and my people will eat it up and we'll both get higher ratings :) LOL

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If they were going to fire him "for lying" they would have done it before the trial even got underway and made him sign a disclosure.

You can't fire him during a trial.  That'd be an implication of guilt.  

They fired him once they knew the case was resolved and how much it cost them.  It's very clear this wasn't an amicable split either, else Fox would have given him some sort of send-off.  Just pulling his show out of the blue speaks volumes about what happened.  

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Remember that "His Lies" were actually the networks, they knew, there were emails back and forth etc. So they're not doing it for that.

There's complicity there, for sure, but there is a difference between his lies and the network's.  In Tucker Carlson's case, there were enough donkey-brains out there slurping his nonsense that his ratings justified Fox News giving him air-time.  Once it became clear that the financial/legal costs of his lies and toxic bullshit couldn't be justified, they pulled the plug on him.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You're such a credulous little tool it's actually depressing. 

FYI Tucker Carlson is a paragon of virtue compared to anyone at MSNBC or CNN and I've never heard you say a disparaging word about Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Brian Stelter, A. Cooper, Joy Reid, Joe Scarborough, etc. 

The number of lies that they told about Russian collusion between 2017 and 2019 dwarfs the total number of inaccuracies across all topics in the whole history of Fox News and it's not even close.

You're just so sucked in by those hideous losers that you don't know which way is up anymore.  

LMAO Suuuuure….That’s why fox settled for $787 Million with another $2.7Bn lawsuit about to blow up their entire business and Tucker privately admitted he doesn’t even believe the horeshit he feeds to gullible followers like you.  I bet he and his buddy Hunter will have some real good laughs over brandy and cigars at the next Biden family bbq. 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Yes, and I used it to highlight how much of a goober you are.  ?

If I were you I’d keep your ‘Iraqi Minister of Propaganda’ schtick on the back pages of the business section.  Totally up to you.

The odd thing is that CBC.ca has reported both firings (Lemon/Carlson), but only permitted forum comments about Carlson.    I had no idea that either had a large (cable tv ?) audience in Canada.   Carlson was a champion of the Freedom Convoy and highlighted authoritarian government actions.

18 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

You know - joking aside and not saying this is the case but it woudln't entirely shock me if many years from now it came out that the two of them actually were working together to come up with things that would shock and awe their respective bases :) Hey - if we say this your people will go bat crap crazy and then you can reply like this and my people will eat it up and we'll both get higher ratings :) LOL

I don’t think you’re far off the market actually. Although I don’t think it’s people like Tucker and AOC doing that kind of colluding it’s the billionaires who own politicians, pundits and propagandists both parties and use internal division to distract from the fact that they treat the US economy as their own personal piggybank. 

13 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well...the polarization and frothing mouths has been good to Fox and CNN alike, but I think both networks are starting to realize that a race for the journalistic and intellectual bottom isn't a great long-term strategy, despite the short-term ratings boosts.  CNN ratings have tanked with outrage-mongers Cuomo and Lemon getting fired/demoted, and I suspect the same will happen with Fox with Carlson gone (and I wouldn't be surprised if Hannity follows).  Maybe there's a chance they both go back to something resembling actual news?  ?‍♂️

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

LMAO Suuuuure….That’s why fox settled for $787 Million with another $2.7Bn lawsuit about to blow up their entire business and Tucker privately admitted he doesn’t even believe the horeshit he feeds to gullible followers like you.  I bet he and his buddy Hunter will have some real good laughs over brandy and cigars at the next Biden family bbq. 

Blah, blah, blah.

You spent years regurgitating all of this BS several times daily, and what percent of it was true? 2%?

"RUSSIAN COLLUSION!", "UKRAINIAN COLLUSION!", "M BROWN WAS A GENTLE GIANTS AND ALL COPS ARE RACIST!", "DEFUND POLICE!", MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTESTS!", "TRUMP IS AN ILLEGITIMATE PRESIDENT!", "WALLS ARE RACIST!", "COVID KILLS KIDS!", "HCQ KILLS PEOPLE!", "THE VACCINE IS OUR ONLY HOPE!", "THE VACCINE PREVENTS INFECTION!", "IT'S A PANDEMIC OF THE UNVACCINATED!", "NO ONE WAS FORCED TO TAKE THE VAX!", "JAN 6TH WAS LIKE PEARL HARBOUR!" etc and you have no idea how foolish you all looked. 

Do you know how much time I spent talking about Dominion here? Maybe zero. 

I honestly can't believe you still open your mouth around here. You're a complete joke. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

CBC almost never allows comments. It's to protect Trudeau and all their false narratives. 

Depends on the topic....rarely for immigrant, Indigenous or "Black in Canada" content.

I just find it remarkable that Canadians are keyboard fighting with each other with CBC.ca story comments over two terminated talking heads at CNN and Fox.   Did "fired" Lisa LaFlamme (CBC) get this much attention ?

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Depends on the topic....rarely for immigrant, Indigenous or "Black in Canada" content.

I just find it remarkable that Canadians are keyboard fighting with each other with CBC.ca story comments over two terminated talking heads at CNN and Fox.   Did "fired" Lisa LaFlamme (CBC) get this much attention ?

Tucker Carlson is one of the most polarizing figures in NA politics. He's like holy water for fake leftist narratives. 

I doubt if any cares bout Lemon anymore, he has been irrelevant for a while.

LaFlamme is gone, and sure, she was a useless poc, but she was just a symptom of a much larger problem. Our MSM in Canada is toxic. Rosemary Barton or whatever her name is is just as bad. They're all equally worthless. 

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Tucker Carlson is one of the most polarizing figures in NA politics. He's like holy water for fake leftist narratives. 

I doubt if any cares bout Lemon anymore, he has been irrelevant for a while.

Tucker Carlson just continued Fox News' prime time approach after Bill O'Reilly got canned for sexual harassment lawsuits.   All of these cable news networks have suffered after President Trump's in-office political drama ended.   The juice was no longer worth the squeeze. However, the 2024 U.S. presidential campaign season is about to open, so I'm sure it will be back to the same thing.

Carslon may have been "fired" because one of his memos may have helped Dominion's case  against Fox, the lawsuit now being settled.  Carlson specifically mentioned Canada/Trudeau on several occasions, so I could see why he got some traction in Canada.  Don Lemon was/is of no apparent consequence north of the border.

It remains to be seen if this prime time talking head prototype will remain at Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc.   The likes of Laura Ingraham and others remain for now.  I guess straight up hard news is just too "boring" to garner high ratings.

I’m suggesting that AOC was leaked the firing a day before the news was released. 

Seems likely....the U.S. political/media environment is very compromised...has been for quite some time.   Tucker Carlson could run for Congress and probably win.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

You can't fire him during a trial.  That'd be an implication of guilt.  

it never went to trial.

They fired him once they knew the case was resolved and how much it cost them.  It's very clear this wasn't an amicable split either, else Fox would have given him some sort of send-off.  Just pulling his show out of the blue speaks volumes about what happened.  

I doubt it was 'amicable' as in both parties wanted it, but we'll see what they do.

There's complicity there, for sure, but there is a difference between his lies and the network's.  In Tucker Carlson's case, there were enough donkey-brains out there slurping his nonsense that his ratings justified Fox News giving him air-time.  Once it became clear that the financial/legal costs of his lies and toxic bullshit couldn't be justified, they pulled the plug on him.  

THey knew everything he was doing from the get go. If anything they pushed him. His emails made it clear he was the one complaining about the coverage being 'nonsense' and the like. It was more accuate to say it was the network's lies and not his.

I doubt this is directly related.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

i think that talk radio hosts have millions of listeners. Of course cable TV news wants a piece of that action. 

Yes...this has been the case since Rush Limbaugh took over the radio airwaves many years ago....his television adventure was not a big success.

There is a secondary battle going on in U.S. news and entertainment media concerning "Woke" muzzling and political correctness on steroids.   Advertisers and corporate media leadership worry about the financial bottom line. Conservative and hard right rhetoric is finding it harder to survive on equal time, and there is backlash on both sides.

News and opinions have been democratized across many more platforms/content creators and the old school media gatekeepers no longer have total control of the vertical and horizontal sync.

24 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

it never went to trial.

Doesn't matter.  You can't fire him pre-trial either.  It just makes you look guilty.  

THey knew everything he was doing from the get go. If anything they pushed him. His emails made it clear he was the one complaining about the coverage being 'nonsense' and the like. It was more accuate to say it was the network's lies and not his.

Except he's back-tracked on a lot of those, telling everyone who asks after his texts emerged that "No!  Me love Trump!"  Fox News is obviously complicit, but the fact that Tucker Carlson's brand of batshit was so far beyond the rest of the network makes it clear he was pulling, rather than being pushed.  

I doubt this is directly related.

Gosh, wouldn't that be a coincidence?  The lawsuit featuring Tucker Carlson gets settled, and then a few days later he's quietly shown the door...