Canada paid 35 million for Pope's visit yet look what they worship in Mexico

In Mexico many people in Catholicism worship Saint Muerte, the saint of death. This is obviously demonic and nothing to do with Christianity.  There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that supports this kind of worship and in fact it is condemned.  Yet Canadians are forced to pay 35 million dollars for the Pope's visit to promote the Catholic religion in Canada.  One must first ask what are we doing supporting this kind of thing?  Secondly, if there is any leadership at all in the religion, why don't they and the Pope condemn this kind of cultish behavior and forbid it in Mexico?  Apparently they are also called Narco saints.  Do Narcos have the blessing of the church in Mexico or what is going on?  Do Narcos receive the last rites from a priest?  Does anyone know?  Also ordinary Catholic people worship these idols as well.  This sounds like Satanism to be honest.

narco saints 10.jpg

narco saints.jpg

narco saints 9.jpg

narco saints 8.jpg

What have what Mexicans hold as idols have to do with the cost of the Pope's visit to Canada? Absolutely nothing whatsoever.

If you want to start a discussion you can't just tie two completely unrelated subjects together like a cheap Internet meme and pretend they're connected. You've already lost an argument/discussion if you start with a 'whataboutism'.

• Like 3

Maybe it's the concussion I got on Wednesday night when I fell back on my head at baseball, but I'm gonna have to agree with herbie on this one. 

I don't think that the Catholic Church can be responsible for everyone's distorted version of it's gospels or teachings or whatever you wanna call it. The RCs are in every remote corner of the world and things like this have a lot of time to grow in the dark, plus people who come into the fold tend to carry some of their old baggage with them. I'm just guessing here, but the Saint Muerte figure is probably just a revamped version of an idol/god that they worshipped before Catholicism came in. 

This is actually causing a bit of cognitive dissonance for me because, although I'm an outsider to Christianity, I always favoured the protestant way of thinking over the old-skool RC version. This Muerte thing is a good argument for a stricter control of what they do and do not allow within their religion. 

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

The most anti christian christian person on the forum LOL

Anti Romanism or Catholicism for sure.  Since it is not Christianity, although it claims to be, it is the responsibility of Bible believers to point out why it is a false religion and not Christianity.

Since I appear to be the only Bible believer on the forum, is it really a surprise to you that I am the only one speaking about it?

Even in Christian churches these days, very few people or churches speak against Romanism or explain what is wrong with it.  Most people like yourself would rather keep silence than speak the truth.  Many people believe it is more loving to not speak about the evils or wrongs or expose false religion.  That is not what the Bible teaches.

Your first concern should be the destiny of your own soul.  You seem more intent on trying to control what other people say than avoiding going to hell.  

Romanism is a purely man-made religion.  Since you don't accept the Bible or believe the gospel, should anyone here be surprised that you would come to the defence of a false religion like Romanism?

Rome teaches that people can get to heaven by being baptized, then participating in their church sacraments and ritual, confessing to a priest, doing good works,  and spending an unknown period of time in purgatory.  None of this is taught in the Bible.   The Popes claimed to be God on earth.  Many if not most Catholics worship the virgin Mary and saints, again condemned in Bible.  Mary can not be a mediator between God and men.  That is totally contrary to the Bible.  It is idolatry.  The worship of Mary is practiced in Canada as well as all other Catholic countries in the world.  Canada is the same as Mexico on that practice.  Mexico just adds some other bizarre practices as well.  It is exactly the same religion in Canada as in Mexico. Taxpayers should not be supporting it.

Perhaps you are not even aware of the most basic Bible teachings.  Only God can be worshiped and only through Jesus Christ.    There is no other mediator.   No earthly priests, as in Catholicism, exists in genuine Christianity except the believer himself in a certain sense.  There are no Popes in the Bible or authorized.  Christianity is only true if it is Biblical.   A religion invented that is contrary to the Bible is not Christianity.

Edited by blackbird

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Anti Romanism or Catholicism for sure.  Since it is not Christianity, ...

And what sect or cult do you belong to?? ?

Christians may think the same of you LOL

"Catholicism is the largest branch of Christianity with 1.345 billion, and the Catholic Church is the largest among churches."

Edited by ExFlyer

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

"Catholicism is the largest branch of Christianity with 1.345 billion, and the Catholic Church is the largest among churches."

And Islam may have more followers than Catholicism.  So what does the size of an organization have to do with it?   In your world truth doesn't matter.  Just numbers.   

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Matthew 7: 13, 14 KJV

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

And Islam may have more followers than Catholicism.  So what does the size of an organization have to do with it?   In your world truth doesn't matter.  Just numbers.   

Your topic and discussion is about Christianity .

Your criticisms is about Catholics.

Oh and, the bible you like to quote so much is the same book used by all christian sects.

In my world, religious faith is for individuals to choose and not to condemn others for their choice. This is the way :)

Oh and "One of Mexico's most important religious holidays is celebrated on All Saint's Day (November 1) and All Soul's Day (November 2): Dia de los Muertos (sometimes called Dia de los Fieles Difuntos) – Day of the Dead. Traditionally, November 1st honors deceased children and November 2nd honors deceased adults."

Edited by ExFlyer

46 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Your criticisms is about Catholics.

Specifically I am talking about the religion commonly known as Catholicism.  A bit different than the people.  It is the system that is unbiblical.  The people are just the poor deceived followers, much like in a cult.

Your pointing out All Saints Day and All Souls Day is just more evidence it focuses on the wrong things.

The Catholic Church recognizes only certain people as "saints", while the Bible speaks of every believer as a saint.   Big difference.  The Church cannot make "saints".   Nothing in the Bible gives them that authority or power.  God makes every believer a saint at the moment they believe in Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Again the veneration of saints is unbiblical.  It is in fact idolatry.  Mary and the so-called Catholic saints are not present everywhere and therefore cannot hear prayers from the people.  Mary cannot be a mediator to pray to because the Bible says Jesus Christ is the only mediator.   "5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; "  1 Timothy 2:5 KJV  

So all the millions of people saying prayers to Mary with the Hail Mary prayer are wasting their time.  

46 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

November 1st honors deceased children and November 2nd honors deceased adults."

Sounds nice, but what does it accomplish?

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh and, the bible you like to quote so much is the same book used by all christian sects.

"15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."  2 Timothy 3:15, 16 KJV

There are many websites that explain where the Bible came from and what it is all about.  Also, lots of youtube videos and documentaries explaining it.  One just has to take the time to look through a search engine.

The Bible is the basis of Christianity.  Men were inspired by God to write the actual words.  

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

In my world, religious faith is for individuals to choose and not to condemn others for their choice.

Before the missionaries and Christians came to various nations, there was only heathen religions.  It required the Christians to spread the word through the preaching of the gospel to reach people.  It is not a matter of condemning anyone.  It is essential to spread the truth and the gospel.  That is all in the Bible.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Matthew 7: 13, 14 KJV

There are still more "Christians" than muslims in the world, but muslims are much more fanatical about their religion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

There are still more "Christians" than muslims in the world, but muslims are much more fanatical about their religion. 

Roman Catholics number about 1.25 billion I believe.   Bible believers have always been in the small minority.  The problem is most of the world does not believe what the Bible teaches.  They have created their own version of "Christianity" which is contrary to the Bible.

I think history shows Islam is more militant and ready to use force.  That is not something Jesus advocated.  He opposed the use of force.

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The Bible is the basis of Christianity.  Men were inspired by God to write the actual words.  

Before the missionaries and Christians came to various nations, there was only heathen religions.  It required the Christians to spread the word through the preaching of the gospel to reach people.  It is not a matter of condemning anyone.  It is essential to spread the truth and the gospel.  That is all in the Bible.

Oh, are you speaking of Roman Catholic missionaries?? LOL

Men were inspired to "write" thier own words LOL

Heathen religions?? Are those the ones you don't approve of?

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh, are you speaking of Roman Catholic missionaries?? LOL

Men were inspired to "write" thier own words LOL

Heathen religions?? Are those the ones you don't approve of?

I think you are into arguing nonsense. You will have to sort it out.  I've done my best at trying to explain it without being insulting or sarcastic, but when we reach the point of the kind of comments you are making, I think we are essentially wasting out time.  

48 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I think you are into arguing nonsense. You will have to sort it out.  I've done my best at trying to explain it without being insulting or sarcastic, but when we reach the point of the kind of comments you are making, I think we are essentially wasting out time.  

I state things as I see them.

No, you do nothing but preach.

The most insulting and sarcastic person on these forums is you when you defend your version of religion or christianity. witness only your insult to the worlds largest religion, catholicism.

I think you are essentially wasting our time.  

No insult, my opinion

Edited by ExFlyer

47 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

In the name of the Bible = millions of deaths.

No.  It was not Bible believers who caused millions of deaths.  That lie comes from the Devil or Satan because the Bible opposes that kind of thing.

There have been millions of deaths down through the centuries in the name of one god or another, not by people following the Bible.  Most religions in the world do not believe or follow the Bible.  If they had been following the teachings of Jesus for example, they would not have killed people.

Many Christians down through the centuries were persecuted and killed.  Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs.

Many people in history were killed by wars that had nothing to do with religion.  Examples were WW1 and WW2.

Then about 100 million people were killed by the atheist Communists in the Communist revolutions in Russia and China.

There have been wars all through the centuries that in many cases were simply power struggles.  The Roman church killed a lot of smaller religious groups that did not bow to Rome and the Papacy through the centuries.  Rome tried to impose its will with the Holy Roman Inquisition for 400 years, but they couldn't stop the Reformation. They tried to use force to stop the Reformation with years of war in Europe and finally reached a truce.  The gravy train from the countries that broke away from Rome was cut off.  People had a right to defend themselves and their freedom.  That is what the Reformation was all about.  Rome never believed in freedom.

But all these wars and killings were not by people who believed in the Bible;  they were by people who disregarded the teachings of the Bible.  The Bible commandment is "thou shalt not kill".  So when someone like CdnFox blames it on the Bible believers, he is actually telling a lie.  If you want to follow what he says, that is your choice.  I won't waste a lot of time on it because it is obviously pure bull.

I read those kind of comments regularly on here much like the Robo scam calls I just receive and almost every day.

Edited by blackbird

6 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Brother @blackbird you said with your own text that men are corrupt. So how can men then be trusted with 1 book?! 

In spite of the fallen corrupt nature of mankind, God did inspire a certain group of men to write the 66 books of the Holy Scriptures over a period of 1,500 years, ending 1,900 years ago.  These men were guided by the Holy Spirit and given the exact words to write down, which means even though they were ordinary men with fallen natures, God was in control of what they wrote.  That is why the Bible is no ordinary book and why it is God's revelation to man.

"20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1: 20, 21 KJV

"16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."  2 Timothy 3:16, 17 KJV

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

Perhaps the natives thought the missionaries and Christians were 'the heathens' . . . . 

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

Specifically I am talking about the religion commonly known as Catholicism.  ....

Your pointing out All Saints Day and All Souls Day is just more evidence it focuses on the wrong things.

The Catholic Church recognizes only certain people as "saints", while the Bible speaks of every believer as a saint.   Big difference.  The Church cannot make "saints".   Nothing in the Bible gives them that authority or power.  God makes every believer a saint at the moment they believe in Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Again the veneration of saints is unbiblical.  It is in fact idolatry.  .....

So all the millions of people saying prayers to Mary with the Hail Mary prayer are wasting their time.  

Sounds nice, but what does it accomplish?

Unbiblical?? "Veneration of saints is practiced, formally or informally, by adherents of some branches of all major religions, including Christianity"

So, what do the following "christian" celebrations accomplish?

Advent Sunday.

All Saints' Day – 1 November. ...

Ascension Day. ...

Christmas Day - 25 December

Easter Day. ...

Epiphany - 6 January. ...

Good Friday. ...

Lent and Ash Wednesday.

Stop being a bigoted, discriminatory, religious fanatic. You still haven't answered a direct question. What is your specific religious cult membership??

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

"Veneration of saints is practiced, formally or informally, by adherents of some branches of all major religions, including Christianity"

Veneration of saints is practiced in Catholicism, but not in non-Catholic churches.  The Bible is God's written revelation to mankind which describes who God is, what man's relationship is to God, and what God requires of man and God's plan for mankind.  It is essential to understand that the Bible is the basis of Christianity and what true worship of God is.   The Bible has the true origin of the Church.  The beliefs of true believers come from the four gospels, what Jesus taught, what the books of Acts teaches, what the apostles Paul, Peter, James, John and others taught, and in general information from the Old Testament. 

The church began at the crucifixion of Jesus and the Church's beliefs are from the New Testament because it is written by men inspired by God although the Old Testament has a lot of important teachings about God.  There is no other book that is considered as inspired and therefore the Bible is the final word on what is true and what is false.  Other religions are contrary to the Bible and must therefore be rejected as false.  The Bible teaches that the only way to the true God and heaven is through Jesus Christ.  That is why non-Catholic (non RC and non Orthodox) do not practice veneration of saints or Mary.  You will not find that veneration in Protestant churches such as Presbyterian, Reformed, Baptists, Evangelical, Community churches or others.  The reason is it is considered idolatry.  It replace worship of the one true God with idols.  

As far as other major religions, they do not teach or believe in Jesus Christ as the only way of salvation.  They do not teach he is the Savior and Lord.  The Bible makes it clear he is the only way to God and to heaven.  See the gospel of John, the book of Acts, and the Epistles in the N.T.

The ten commandments given in the book of Exodus is considered the absolute word of worship and the condemnation of idolatry.   God gives us a long beginning to the commandments with a clear explanation about this subject of who to worship and condemn idolatry.

"1  And God spake all these words, saying, 2  I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. {bondage: Heb. servants} 3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. "  Exodus ch20 vs 1-5 KJV

Therefore the veneration of Mary and the saints must be rejected as contrary to what God said in these verses.

"

33 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Veneration of saints i.....  The Bible is God's written revelation to mankind which describes who God is, ...the Bible is the basis of Christianity and what true worship of God is.   The Bible has the true origin of the Church.  The beliefs of true believers come from the four gospels, what Jesus taught, what the books of Acts teaches, what the apostles Paul, Peter, James, John and others taught, and in general information from the Old Testament. 

The church began at the crucifixion of Jesus and the Church's beliefs are from the New Testament....

here is no other book that is considered as inspired and therefore the Bible is the final word on what is true and what is false.  Other religions are contrary to the Bible and must therefore be rejected as false.  The Bible teaches that the only way to the true God and heaven is through Jesus Christ.  .....

As far as other major religions,..... The Bible makes it clear he is the only way to God and to heaven.  See the gospel of John, the book of Acts, and the Epistles in the N.T.

Therefore the veneration of Mary and the saints must be rejected as contrary to what God said in these verses.

"

The new testament in the bible is the book of christianity.

Jews use the bible too but they also have the Torah

Islam has Qur'an

Buddhists have the Tripitakas

Hindus have the Veda

And other have their own books and believe them and, they all have god..

Your claim the bible is the only true book is misinformed, infantile, demonizing and discriminatory. You are the worst kind of bigoted christian, the kind that used to hang blacks in the deep south under the name of god.

A church began at crucifixion but certainly not all churches.

The bible is but one book that worships god and they all make it clear devotion is the way to heaven.

Your christianity is presumably protestant of which you are minority religion. Again, you failed to answer what sect or cult you are with.

I am going to block you. Something I have never done on this forum. You are a disgusting despicable, biggoted, evil person. This is not name calling. This is along held opinion from the posts you have made. The unfortunate thing is I will still see your posts when you respond to others.

You, a christian, my ar$se. The worst kind of christian. The kind that turns everyone off and makes them leave the church.

Edited by ExFlyer

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

So, what do the following "christian" celebrations accomplish?

Advent Sunday.

Some churches such as Anglican, Lutheran, and Methodist mark certain days and celebrate them.  But this is not worshiping any other God.  It is not practiced in all Protestant churches.

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

All Saints' Day – 1 November. ...

All Saints Day is different because it involves veneration of "saints".  The is a Roman Catholic invention and is contrary to the Bible.  It is idolatry.

Christmas is simply celebrating the coming of Christ into the world.

Easter is also simply a commemoration of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.  

Most Protestant churches celebrate the birth of Christ at Christmas and His death and resurrection at Easter.

Lent and Ash Wednesday are mainly Roman Catholic days.  

There is nothing in the Bible about celebrating certain days or not celebrating them.  People can mark any days they want but it should not be associated with idolatry.

Edited by blackbird

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Again, you failed to answer what sect or cult you are with.

No, I am not avoiding your question.   I just didn't get that far yet.   I don't belong to any sect or church.  I do not belong to any denomination.  I don't go to church because I have a health condition that may make me immune compromised and at serious risk.

19 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Your claim the bible is the only true book is misinformed, infantile, demonizing and discriminatory. You are the worst kind of bigoted christian, the kind that used to hang blacks in the deep south under the name of god.

You obviously have not studied or even read the New Testament.  The Bible is the basis of true Christianity.  You are correct if you say it is descriminatory if you say it rejects other religions because that is exactly what Jesus Christ taught.  If you reject what Jesus Christ said, you are rejecting Christianity and all truth.  That is entirely your choice and you will be the one who suffers the consequences.  

"6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  John 14:6 KJV

Does that sound exclusive?   

Edited by blackbird