The Silencing of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why is the mainstream media silencing the Democrats’ #2 candidate?  RFK Jr. is a breath of fresh air and the MSM seem intent on defaming him.

Nobody is "silencing" him. FOX is lying to you. His candidacy is well publicized. Anyone anywhere can read about his anti-vax nutball views. He's just a distraction riding on a famous name. He's getting all the coverage he deserves.

Edited by Hodad
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I've come across articles about him in the media, and from what I've seen, I don't think he's electable. I believe that many Americans are eager to move on from the pandemic and its politics. Although there are anti-vaxxers out there with their wild theories, I also see pro-vaxxers and pro-maskers, like the man I saw driving with a N95 mask on. I went to buy a pizza yesterday, a man was sitting in his car with a N95 mask on, driving, and nobody besides him. And I see this, daily. 

It's as if the pandemic has led people to exhibit tribalistic behavior, aligning themselves with certain stances on masks and vaccines. I think Americans want to leave the pandemic behind in 2024 and move forward, but that's just my opinion as a Canadian, new Canadian, was not born here. 

It's not just the pandemic with him. It's vaccines in general. Like full on, Jenny McCarthy crazy. Hasb been for many years. It's about the only thing he's known for publicly. Well, that and the name.

Edited by Hodad

Fascinating that Kennedy is being discredited because he’s challenging big pharma and has questioned the push for vaccines, yet in his interviews he barely mentions vaccines, if at all.  The Dems deserve to lose the election if Biden is at the helm on the matter of Ukraine alone, yet Kennedy is a candidate who is questioning the war mongering in Ukraine and appears to be someone who understands the situation there and could do something to resolve it.  Looks like it will have to be the Republicans who deal with it.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Fascinating that Kennedy is being discredited because he’s challenging big pharma and has questioned the push for vaccines, yet in his interviews he barely mentions vaccines, if at all.  The Dems deserve to lose the election if Biden is at the helm on the matter of Ukraine alone, yet Kennedy is a candidate who is questioning the war mongering in Ukraine and appears to be someone who understands the situation there and could do something to resolve it.  Looks like it will have to be the Republicans who deal with it.  

When a bully attacks you, war mongering is preferable to 'fear and surrender' mongering.

If you surrender, you're just ENCOURAGING MORE BULLYING.

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

When a bully attacks you, war mongering is preferable to 'fear and surrender' mongering.

If you surrender, you're just ENCOURAGING MORE BULLYING.

If only it was that simple.  This mess could’ve been avoided.  Instead the bear got poked and arms are being thrown at this mess with no clear realistic goal.  The military industrial complex wins and civilians lose.  Anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound.  I just hope the end is months away rather than years or decades.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If only it was that simple.  This mess could’ve been avoided.  Instead the bear got poked and arms are being thrown at this mess with no clear realistic goal.  The military industrial complex wins and civilians lose.  Anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound.  I just hope the end is months away rather than years or decades.

The only way "this mess could have been avoided" was by surrendering to Putin's kleptocracy. AKA, giving him the resources he wants to STEAL.

23 minutes ago, robosmith said:

The only way "this mess could have been avoided" was by surrendering to Putin's kleptocracy. AKA, giving him the resources he wants to STEAL.

There are different ethnic and political factions in Ukraine, including the Azov Brigade who are Neo-Nazis and the ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine.  Read about the imprisonment of the opposition leader, treatment of ethnic groups, and the fact that NATO has been active in this region in various ways.   Of course Russia should ceasefire and referenda should be held in the Dombass and Crimea, observed by a neutral 3rd party, but that’s not what NATO leadership will accept.  Instead they want to force the Russians to completely withdraw.   Russia has more nuclear arms than any country and considers Ukraine in its sphere of influence considering that it was part of the Soviet Union.  Yes Putin is a dictator and Russia should be more democratic.  However, we don’t have accurate news about what’s going on in Ukraine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

There are different ethnic and political factions in Ukraine, including the Azov Brigade who are Neo-Nazis and the ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine.  Read about the imprisonment of the opposition leader, treatment of ethnic groups, and the fact that NATO has been active in this region in various ways.   Of course Russia should ceasefire and referenda should be held in the Dombass and Crimea, observed by a neutral 3rd party, but that’s not what NATO leadership will accept.  Instead they want to force the Russians to completely withdraw.   Russia has more nuclear arms than any country and considers Ukraine in its sphere of influence considering that it was part of the Soviet Union.  Yes Putin is a dictator and Russia should be more democratic.  However, we don’t have accurate news about what’s going on in Ukraine.

No one will negotiate with Putin because he still believes he can win and save face.

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I won’t vote for him. I think his position on vaccines demonstrates irrationality. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

I won’t vote for him. I think his position on vaccines demonstrates irrationality. 

How so?  Supporting medical discretion and demanding thorough vaccine research against the tidal wave of big pharma’s money and political influence seems eminently rational.  Interesting that major networks supported by big pharma advertising dollars are attacking Kennedy as an “antivaxer nut”.   That’s how it’s done.  Fine, Biden runs as the Democrat choice in the next election.  

• Like 1

The answer to the question, according to Dan Rather, is to not expose the truth amplify dangerous conspiracy theories.

A lot of hate for RFK Jr. on some Twitter threads, but surprisingly much love and support in the comments section on the Hill's Rising and Breaking Points.

Feeling hopeful for the first time in a long, long time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kiraly said:

The answer to the question, according to Dan Rather, is to not expose the truth amplify dangerous conspiracy theories.

A lot of hate for RFK Jr. on some Twitter threads, but surprisingly much love and support in the comments section on the Hill's Rising and Breaking Points.

Feeling hopeful for the first time in a long, long time.

There were similar reactions to his father’s run, though the Dem Party supported his father more.  Interesting parallels between Ukraine and Vietnam too.

55 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No doubt, but RFK isn’t against vaccination per se.  It’s in the how.  

He’s anti-vax. He cloaks it in irrational comments about safety testing needs to be more thorough 

Let’s do some really f-ing simple math on this question:  “Are the Covid vaccines safe?”

Fact: 70% of Earth’s population has been vaccinated. Over 13 Billion doses have been administered.  

Conclusion: Those billions of people are fine. The vac did not kill them. And mortality of the unvaccinated is higher. So RFK’s assault on Fauci is unjustified. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rebound said:

He’s anti-vax. He cloaks it in irrational comments about safety testing needs to be more thorough 

Let’s do some really f-ing simple math on this question:  “Are the Covid vaccines safe?”

Fact: 70% of Earth’s population has been vaccinated. Over 13 Billion doses have been administered.  

Conclusion: Those billions of people are fine. The vac did not kill them. And mortality of the unvaccinated is higher. So RFK’s assault on Fauci is unjustified. 

The Covid vax doesn’t offer much protection anymore, though it probably did offer protection for the vulnerable during the worst variants. It was fast-tracked and we don’t know the long-term effects.  I’m triple-vaxed but I believe that the choice to be vaccinated must be personal unless the risk of death or serious illness is high and the vaccine provides strong protection.  That may have been true of the C-19 vaccine early on, but that’s not clear anymore.  It’s fine to be skeptical or concerned about vaccines.  It doesn’t make someone a nut or a radical.

Edited by Zeitgeist

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The military industrial complex wins and civilians lose. 

I wonder what those guys think of the Afghan withdrawal.

On the one hand:

Americans left behind almost $100B worth of weapons and ammo that the taxpayers will have to replace ??

On the other hand,

Americans left behind almost $100B worth of weapons and ammo and a lot of it is being sold internationally, in competition with the military industrial complex, which inevitably drives down prices ? 

6 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

However, we don’t have accurate news about what’s going on in Ukraine.

When I hear the inevitable BS about how badly Russia is losing I just show people the map of where the battles are occurring. 

There's Russian propaganda, there's Ukrainian propaganda, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. The map is by fr the most reliable tidbit of news we get.

One thing that does look to be going Ukraine's way is the city of Bakhmut. The Russians have been repelled there many times. I wonder if that's where the US special forces (which aren't officially there) are deployed... (if there really are any)