For how long are we going to bow to America

For how long are we going to bow to America so scornful of Europe? ‘Cheese eating surrender monkeys’ that is the tag American top politician invented for all Europeans reluctant to get into the bloody Iraqi stir. Now this rift caused by Iraq is going to widen imo. Those ‘black site’ prisons for terror suspects on the European soil are not a minor trifle. That’s a real challenge for Europe! That’s a spit into her face! These are not just separate naughty American CIA guys torturing their victims at separate secretive locations in Europe. USA is acting like a criminal system of the Nazi inhuman type with network of ‘black-sites’ in Eastern Europe and airlift of detainees via whole European space.

Still this is not the biggest worry. It may be a revelation for you that in ‘improved interrogation technique’ they employ ‘friendly’ Islamic terrorists including those wanted by Interpol for crimes against Europeans! In other words they employ our enemies. This piece of info I came across in the Net seemed absurd to me first. Then I thought, ‘Why not?’ Mighty EU is a big thorn in the fat American side. It’s clear as day. So our enemies are American friends. That’s the logic.

BTW according to Danish sources 2 top level al-Qaida members, the group operations’ chief Abu Zubaida and Ramzi Binalshibh have been held temporarily in Europe. What if under the guise of detainees they were doing some job for Americans? There have been reports on CIA links to al-Qaida. Those ‘black-sites’, can’t they be special training facilities acting against Europe? Then that scandal over secret prisons is an American blinder. And Condy Rice European tour is part of it.

European leaders must initiate a full scale probe. Explanations and excuses by Rice are not enough.

For how long are we going to bow to America so scornful of Europe? ‘Cheese eating surrender monkeys’ that is the tag American top politician invented for all Europeans reluctant to get into the bloody Iraqi stir. Now this rift caused by Iraq is going to widen imo.

I haven't heard that tag. But this works both ways. For many decades, varying European countries have looked down their noses at America (and, in some places, Canada) as being "provincial" or "uncultured", even "ignorant". Part of the cause of this is the existence of centuries-old art-based centers like museums, opera-houses, etcetera, which exist all over Europe, while nothing of the sort exists in North America. Places like the Paris Opera House, which has been in existence for over 400 years (???).

Well, it's kind of hard to have a centuries-old establishment when your country itself is only a couple hundred years old.

Many Europeans seem to naturally look down on any "new" culture as being, well, "uncultured".

No, the "scorn" goes both ways, and probably always will, sad to say.

Those ‘black site’ prisons for terror suspects on the European soil are not a minor trifle. That’s a real challenge for Europe! That’s a spit into her face! These are not just separate naughty American CIA guys torturing their victims at separate secretive locations in Europe. USA is acting like a criminal system of the Nazi inhuman type with network of ‘black-sites’ in Eastern Europe and airlift of detainees via whole European space.

While it has recently come to light that these sites exist, there is currently no credible evidence as to how the inmates are being treated.

If the European countries involved are so concerned, they should be insisting on monitoring the situation inside these sites.

I am NOT pro-American (at least in this case), or pro-war, but I will not tolerate accusations based on surmise against anyone.

Show me some proof of underhanded activity in these locations and I'll cheerlead right along with you.

Until then, it is nothing more than speculation.

Still this is not the biggest worry. It may be a revelation for you that in ‘improved interrogation technique’ they employ ‘friendly’ Islamic terrorists including those wanted by Interpol for crimes against Europeans! In other words they employ our enemies. This piece of info I came across in the Net seemed absurd to me first.

I'd like to see some evidence of this. Please cite a credible source.

Then I thought, ‘Why not?’ Mighty EU is a big thorn in the fat American side. It’s clear as day. So our enemies are American friends. That’s the logic.

BTW according to Danish sources 2 top level al-Qaida members, the group operations’ chief Abu Zubaida and Ramzi Binalshibh have been held temporarily in Europe.  What if under the guise of detainees they were doing some job for Americans? There have been reports on CIA links to al-Qaida. Those ‘black-sites’, can’t they be special training facilities acting against Europe? Then that scandal over secret prisons is an American blinder. And Condy Rice European tour is part of it.

European leaders must initiate a full scale probe.

Now this is getting really far-fetched. I cannot believe, without some truly overwhelming proof, that America is covertly waging a war against Europe, which is, in essence, what you are suggesting here.

I may not agree with American foreign policy (almost all of the time), but the EU is hardly a threat to American interests, and probably won't be for quite some time.

I believe the far bigger concern (both economically and militarily) is the emergence of China as a player on the world economic stage.

That has ramifications which will be unfolding for decades, and is going to change the world's socio-economic landscape like nothing we've seen in centuries.

Explanations and excuses by Rice are not enough.

Now this I agree with whole-heartedly.

Uh, you start a thread about bowing to America then go on to talk about anything but how Canada bows to America.

Your first comment about cheese eating surrender monkeys is wrong, so I don't give much weight to the rest of your comments. Cheese eating was used on the French in particular, and the Americans starting substituting the word 'french' to show their distaste, like freedom fries. BTW, the phrase was originally coined on a Simpson Episode.

For how long are we going to bow to America so scornful of Europe?

I don't see a lot of bowing in Europe. Though if you insist on an answer I'd say until you grow up and get your act together. You fussed and agonized over Yugoslavia for how many years before the Americans finally went in and took care of things. Why couldn't Europe take care of a cancer in its own territory? Because they didn't know how, or didn't have the guts to do anything. Europe has no unanimity, making it an indecisive rabble of competing countries with entirely different outlooks on the world. It needs someone to lead, but it has no one of any credibility capable of it.

‘Cheese eating surrender monkeys’ that is the tag American top politician invented for all Europeans reluctant to get into the bloody Iraqi stir.

No, it was a term coinced by a cartoon character for the French, who quiver at any threat, and who are ever eager to buy off those they see as dangerous

Now this rift caused by Iraq is going to widen imo. Those ‘black site’ prisons for terror suspects on the European soil are not a minor trifle.

Yes, they are. A few score terrorist suspects being held incognito, released when they are deemed to not be a danger, is hardly more than a trifle given the massive human rights abuses which go on every day throughout the world with no concern being shown by Europeans.