Budweiser hires trans spokesperson and the right loses their mind

Can you imagine being such a deeply insecure loser that a company adding one trans influencer (out of dozens if not hundreds) to their roster, that it would deeply affect your brand affinity? Most people's identities and affections just aren't that fragile. 

Nah, this is just loud noise from the culture warriors. And if the conservative America is really this fragile I'm going to start a fund to have Mulvaney endorse AR-15s.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Free speech is acceptable in any context (in theory at least).

Socially, swastikas are not acceptable - even if the concept of free speech allows it. Trans people are acceptable socially - in theory.  But, per the objections of a vocal minority, not in reality.

31 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

That's not true at all - and bud wouldn't be taking the hit that it is if it were JUST harder conservatives who don't like trans people that were the issue. It's clear that it's stepping beyond that.

I disagree - I don't see anyone non-partisan who cares, beyond chuckling about it.  And, as already noted in this thread, it is already rebounding.  Yesterday, stock prices rose by 34%.

39 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

but the fact is that the backlash means that companies will realize that it's not sate to be supportive of those groups in the

So, cancel culture.  Be proud, conservatives, if you succeed, but don't accuse liberals of being the only ones engaging in cancel culture with these kinds of cancelling attempts on your resume. 

The fact remains that those who object to Budweiser's actions do so because they disapprove of trans people.  Imagine if they tried the same thing if a Black person was featured - you do know what that would be; how can you claim this is any different?

The objectors are the people creating and maintaining this culture war; they're the ones creating the news stories and headlines.  It's certainly not those who accept trans people.

Disagreeing with you does not mean I'm lying to myself; I thought you were better than that.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Socially, swastikas are not acceptable - even if the concept of free speech allows it. Trans people are acceptable socially - in theory.  But, per the objections of a vocal minority, not in reality.

Socially the culture wars and identity politics are no longer acceptable.

I honestly don't know how you're not getting this.  it's very simple. People are sick of identity politics. Bud enagaged in identity politics. So even while trans may not be something people are eager to oppose - this incident is.

Free speech good but swastika bad.

trans good but weaponizing beer in the culture war bad.

Not complex.

I disagree - I don't see anyone non-partisan who cares, beyond chuckling about it.  And, as already noted in this thread, it is already rebounding.  Yesterday, stock prices rose by 34%.

8 billion in stock loss. That's not just a few unhappy conservatives. Every liquour store they're interviewing reports drops in sales well into the double digits - 30 percent in some cases.  That is NOT a few unhappy conservatives.

So, cancel culture.  Be proud, conservatives, if you succeed, but don't accuse liberals of being the only ones engaging in cancel culture with these kinds of cancelling attempts on your resume. 

No, demanding that the influencer be taken off tik tok would be cancel culture. This is a boycott.

The fact remains that those who object to Budweiser's actions do so because they disapprove of trans people. 

No that's just your own bigotry. The evidence does not point to that.  Unless a hell of a lot more people disapprove of trans than previous polling and information would suggest.

This is people sick of this being a 24 hour a day issue.

Imagine if they tried the same thing if a Black person was featured - you do know what that would be; how can you claim this is any different?

They do it with black people and this doesn't happen. So it's different. And bud has done MANY gay and les supports before. Many. This didn't happen.

Are you getting it yet?

The objectors are the people creating and maintaining this culture war; they're the ones creating the news stories and headlines.  It's certainly not those who accept trans people.

No, they are people sick of the culture war. This is a backlash to the culture war that the far left has been fighting relentlessly

Disagreeing with you does not mean I'm lying to myself; I thought you were better than that.

Lying to yourself means you're lying to yourself. That remains true whether i agree with you or not.

The obvious evidence does not support your position, yet you cling to it desperately. I'm saying that while you can continue to self delude yourself to scratch your confirmation bias itch it woudl be better to dispassionately look at the facts and be honest with yourself as to what is going on.

You WANT this to be "conservatives bad people, hate trans, bad bad".  But the evidence is that this is not the case, that something else is going on here.  I'm sure there are people out there who hate trans people, but that does NOT account for this reaction. 

Edited by CdnFox

9 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not our culture it's America's.

And it's not even their culture, it's the hostile takeover of culture by corporate brands via advertising.

You're right, Budweiser is American beer and shouldn't even matter, but it's only because beer culture in Canada has been watered down. National beer conglomerates Labatt's, Carling O'Keefe and Molsons were from the golden age.

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You're right, Budweiser is American beer and shouldn't even matter, but it's only because beer culture in Canada has been watered down. National beer conglomerates Labatt's, Carling O'Keefe and Molsons were from the golden age.

Kokanee, Lakeport and... Labatt are InBev brands.

On 4/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, CdnFox said:

Nobody tried to cancel

Here are some of the companies that conservatives tried, and failed, to cancel: Disney, Gillette, Starbuck's, Nike, Mr. Potato Head, Dr. Seuss, Netflix, Keurig, and most recently Anheuser-Busch.

Despite the claims of "go woke, go broke" all of these companies are doing fine. Disney especially has been thriving, despite DeSantis' fashy attacks on them.

22 hours ago, sharkman said:

The pancake mix, I ate that my whole life(whenever I ate pancakes).  I swear they changed the recipe when they changed the brand name.  I haven’t bought it since.

You can tell who the brainwashed people are in this thread by their response to these woke issues.  It’s probably 2/3 of the general population.

Will anything wake them up?  Because we are headed for 15 minute cities and a cashless economy.  

The Woke goose steppers are NOT 2/3 of the population. They are maybe a third. But they have the biggest mouths and no job to go to, so they can yell 24/7 and get all sorts of attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Here are some of the companies that conservatives tried, and failed, to cancel: Disney, Gillette, Starbuck's, Nike, Mr. Potato Head, Dr. Seuss, Netflix, Keurig, and most recently Anheuser-Busch.

Despite the claims of "go woke, go broke" all of these companies are doing fine. Disney especially has been thriving, despite DeSantis' fashy attacks on them.

ROFLMAO - remember when i told you that if you have to lie to make a point, you don't have a point? :)

In each case you mentioned the companies took a MAJOR hit.  And didn't start recovering until AFTER the woke stopped.

Disney - we discussed this just about a week ago right? they were making about 17 billion a year, the 'woke' scandal broke and they dived to 14 biliion or so, fired all the woke people eventually and NOW are climbing back up but they STILL haven't gotten to where they were.

It's cost them billions and billions. And they stopped going woke to prevent going broke.

Same with all the other ones you mentioned including bud lite - dropped about 8 BILLION in stock value overnight, massive sales losses. They then disavowed the woke, and they've got TRUMP BEGGING on their behalf for people to give them a break and forgive them.  They're STARTING to recover a little but still way below where they were

in short - all of those companies took major hits and only started to recover AFTER the woke was fired.

Get woke go broke. It's real and corporate america is learning the lesson. People are sick of the woke

Reason, you’re probably closer to the truth, it’s just that the media pushes the woke narrative so hard it’s difficult to know how many actually buy that nonsense.

“It's not our culture it's America's.

And it's not even their culture, it's the hostile takeover of culture by corporate brands via advertising.”

This says so much, because it’s the attempted takeover of America.  Wokeism.  Environmentalism.  Political correctness.  All effective to the takeover of the culture and America’s freedom.  

But the pushback has been encouraging.  Seeing Disney lose a large segment of their customer base.  CNN becoming an empty shell of their former self.  Biden’s polling numbers in the basement.

The takeover has lost its momentum and ground to a halt.  Which means it’s time for a major new strategy.  Probably they’ll use a market crash to ratchet up the fear.  Or a China invasion of Taiwan.  

Wall to wall coverage with fearmongering speculation thrown in.  After all, it worked so well with Covid.

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - did you need me to use smaller words and more pictures for you? :) 

Only the left would say something that wouldn't take up half a page printed is a "really long read" :) LOLOL

Oh imagine that - SOMEHOW a bunch of paid people are coming forth to say this is terrible sure but you should still buy the stock :) I wonder who put them up to that :) ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

If they weren't worried there would be no stories at all.  And they wouldn't have called trump and begged him to tell conservatives to let them off the hook :)

They're in full on damage control and they're VERY concerned. Anyone they've ever spent an ad dollar with is going to get a call teling them if they ever want another cent they better spin this positively. 

I'm sorry that the facts don't suit your personal agenda but as a person on the right of the spectrum I tend to listen to the facts and the science a little more - you keep going with "Muh feels" if you like.  But I bet bud won't :)

Others will pay attention too. Nobody wants to lose that kind of revenue. Or have their stock take that kind of hit.

That's just life. Feel free to stick your fingers in your hears and humm if it helps you sleep at night.

In the final analysis, I could care less who InBev partners with because, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't affect me personally. You, and your alt-right brethren, on the other hand, have taken this partnership personally..... It's not personal.... It's just business....... InBev's business...... And you may hem and haw all year long saying you've bothered posting because InBev blablabla..... But the real reason this bugs you and your pals, is because you're transphobic. You just can't stand to see a company whose products you may or may not use, partner with a trans woman.

So keep up the whining.

I expect nothing more from you.

Edited by CrakHoBarbie

24 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

But the real reason this bugs you and your pals, is because you're transphobic. You just can't stand to see a company whose products you may or may not use, partner with a trans woman.

Do you know what a phobia is?

Edited by Legato

3 minutes ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

trans·pho·bic

/ˌtranzˈfōbik/

adjective

having or showing a dislike of or strong prejudice against transgender people.

Let me respectfully disagree. 

trans·pho·bic

/ˌtranzˈfōbik/

adjective

A bigoted, inferior, uneducated, pathetic loser who can only feel better by hating someone.  Wants to bring back segregation but can’t.
Wants to legally discriminate against Jews but can’t. Wants to get away with beating up gay people but can’t. Wants to outlaw gay marriage but can’t. Supports laws to ban any kind of transsexual behavior because, maybe, he can. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I stopped drinking Canadian beer when it ceased to be Canadian

I drink German beer now, Dortumder Export

it's the best beer for the price at the liquor store

plus Canada was always German anyways

Victoria Hanover : Mother Canada

Huh, I just saw a documentary that among other things, says the British royal family actually has German roots, and only took the Windsor name to hide this, I think before WW1.

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Huh, I just saw a documentary that among other things, says the British royal family actually has German roots, and only took the Windsor name to hide this, I think before WW1.

indeed

King George I was a German, House of Hanover

which is from Hanover in Germany

George I came from Germany to claim the throne as heir

followed by

George II

George III

William IV

Victoria

then Victoria marries another German, Prince Albert of Belgium

so the Royal Family became Prince Albert's German family : Saxe, Coburg, Gotha

but it was actually during the First World War when  King George V changed the name of the family to Windsor

that was on 17 July 1917

he didn't change the name to hide the German ancestry

it was to appease British nationalism

and it workd

because he then went on to be one of the most popular Kings of them all

he was called "the People's King"

George V invented the monarchy as we now know it, Elizabeth II  then adopted all his ways

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrakHoBarbie said:

In the final analysis, I could care less who InBev partners with because, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't affect me personally.

Sure. This is more of an exercise in analyzing a current social and economic phenomenon than something that's going to impact you or me terribly. It will affect some significantly but not the majority of people. Tomorrow, there will still be beer.

You, and your alt-right brethren, on the other hand, have taken this partnership personally..... It's not personal.... It's just business....... InBev's business...... And you may hem and haw all year long saying you've bothered posting because InBev blablabla..... But the real reason this bugs you and your pals, is because you're transphobic. You just can't stand to see a company whose products you may or may not use, partner with a trans woman.

Careful - you're letting your hypocrisy show. Not to mention a little bigotry and hatred.  You give your inability to be couth and rational about this away with talk of how "myself and my pals" are transphobic and terrible people blah blah.

I don't care that bud did this, it wouldn't influence me one way or another to buy their product. I wouldn't care if any of the companies i do favor did it. SO - swing and a miss there kiddo. That's what happens when you let hate guide your thinking, you make mistakes.

Further as i said i doubt it's all about transphobia - but your hatred of anyone who doesn't share your views leads you to decide it is because those are by definition terrible people. But the evidence doesn't point to that.

So keep up the whining.

I expect nothing more from you.

Of course you don't - as a hatemonger and bigot you expect the worst of people you consider 'lesser' humans and if they don't conform to your ideology well.... you'll just say they did right? :)

At the end of the day you know i'm correct and it's pissing you off. That's not a good reason to be angry at me. I'm just speaking truth to power.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sure. This is more of an exercise in analyzing a current social and economic phenomenon than something that's going to impact you or me terribly. It will affect some significantly but not the majority of people. Tomorrow, there will still be beer.

Careful - you're letting your hypocrisy show. Not to mention a little bigotry and hatred.  You give your inability to be couth and rational about this away with talk of how "myself and my pals" are transphobic and terrible people blah blah.

I don't care that bud did this, it wouldn't influence me one way or another to buy their product. I wouldn't care if any of the companies i do favor did it. SO - swing and a miss there kiddo. That's what happens when you let hate guide your thinking, you make mistakes.

Further as i said i doubt it's all about transphobia - but your hatred of anyone who doesn't share your views leads you to decide it is because those are by definition terrible people. But the evidence doesn't point to that.

Of course you don't - as a hatemonger and bigot you expect the worst of people you consider 'lesser' humans and if they don't conform to your ideology well.... you'll just say they did right? :)

At the end of the day you know i'm correct and it's pissing you off. That's not a good reason to be angry at me. I'm just speaking truth to power.

Well, truthfully, you're not just multiposting on this issue because your concerned with InBevs shareholders losses. 

Stop by the old mirror sometimes.

Like I said, I like your style, but do not expect me to coddle you because of it.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:31 PM, dialamah said:

I don't understand the problem.  If the majority of adults in the States supports equal rights for trans people, why are so many getting their panties in a knot because a person who happens to be trans has a job opportunity that's in front of the public?  Why is there any push to cancel this person through putting pressure on the employer?  How is that different than pressuring a university to cancel a speaker a group disapproves of?  

Well the problem is that the majority of people are not as accepting as you would think, for many reasons the LGBT community is one of the largest lobby groups here in Canada and the US, and they continue pushing their agenda, over and over again, in our schools, libraries, all levels of government, in our home life, in our language, our culture... Most people are for equal rights but like everything their is a line in the sand and we have crossed it long ago...to much of one thing is the line...

Canadians are getting saturated with this lobbing, while just as important groups or stories go unheard or glossed over... this is the creation of the new woke culture that has taken hold in our country, invented by the minority and taken up by older left generations that feel guilty of things done in the past.. and some how want to make amends. to the point it consumes their every breath, and all their energy...

Putting pressure on manufactures has been ongoing for decades, it is how the free market works. the beer market is speaking they don't want their beer manufacturer using trans person to sell their beer...WHY ?.... and the result is a 6 bil loss ... we will see if they continue to uphold their social values and stick with the plan, or instead follow the old mighty dollar, and their old consumer base... my bet is they will follow the dollar eventual they are after all in business to make money not to make a stand on social values... 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 9:14 AM, Army Guy said:

Becasue suicide would not be a red flag or anything, .... maybe all that is needed is a mental health expert to see the patient before we dig out the surgical instruments...Solve those mental health issues, and perhaps we don't need all the others 

What makes you believe ^this is NOT SOP?

On 4/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, CdnFox said:

I have to admit - i haven't' followed this case closely (nobody in canada drinks bud light, or at least if they do they're not willing to admit it) but usually in cases like this the undergarment clumpage is due to feeling like this was foisted on them for the purpose of demanding they agree with it.  In other words, it stops just being an ad about the beer they like and is now weaponizing a product they like to try to force them to agree to something they may or may not want to.

Nobody likes that.

Advertising is NEVER about FORCE.