Trump Indicted!!!

25 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Ok, so did you do stage 2? Asking abiut Pelosi in Caiifornia? what is the consensus?!

No still out on the patio enjoying a warm sunny day...in late March. What a place. Goin' golfin' tomorrow. 

But we'll get out. The wife wants to shop till she drops...

I don't see how this hurts him or his standing with his base.

I think they need to demonstrate he intentionally sent money illegally or made the request, vs his lawyer doing so.

One of the laws of power -- never get your hands dirty. 

If is smart, he didn't leave a paper trail on this.

I heard some were stating the case was weak. If so, this is the free advertising he desperately needed.

40 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

see, I don't even get what the point of this is

you don't walk around Canada talking to people like this

why can't you just act like a normal person ?

Seems you made the same mistake as I did. I responded to your post believing it was Nationalist, which is why I deleted the post. But you were too quick to respond. Sorry, your quoted message was meant for someone else.

19 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I don't see how this hurts him or his standing with his base.

I think they need to demonstrate he intentionally sent money illegally or made the request, vs his lawyer doing so.

One of the laws of power -- never get your hands dirty. 

RICO statutes have made it much easier to get the MOB BOSSES for the crimes THEY ORDER.

If is smart, he didn't leave a paper trail on this.

He wasn't. Checks to reimburse Cohen were signed BY TRUMP.

I heard some were stating the case was weak. If so, this is the free advertising he desperately needed.

The case for the misdemeanors is STRONG and ROUTINE. Tying it to a felony is novel and weaker.

6 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Seems you made the same mistake as I did. I responded to your post believing it was Nationalist, which is why I deleted the post. But you were too quick to respond. Sorry, your quoted message was meant for someone else.

ah, I see, no worries then, go in peace, neighbour

39 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, ask about Newsom too, curious as to what the consensus is. 

I went to Monterey in may 2021 and those that i met with and spoke to... did not like Newsom. The main reason was not because he is a Democrat. They were tired of the strictness and heavy handed approach to the pandemic. One day, your business was ok but then the next day, regulation xyz would come about, and now you are not ok. 

Just now, Contrarian said:

Good man, I did not like him when he told the sheep to wear the mask but he was practising hypocrisy.

There is something about Politician Hypocrisy. They need to be put in their place.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/calif-newsom-dinner-controversy-1.5807948

Personally, do not care if Newsom wore a mask at that dinner or not. All I know is that Monterey is deep, deep blue and yet even they were tired of it. It is already an incredibly expensive place to operate and now add uncertainty of regulation and it would make it nearly impossible. 

13 minutes ago, robosmith said:

RICO statutes have made it much easier to get the MOB BOSSES for the crimes THEY ORDER.

He wasn't. Checks to reimburse Cohen were signed BY TRUMP.

The case for the misdemeanors is STRONG and ROUTINE. Tying it to a felony is novel and weaker.

We will have to wait and see what the charges are. We have to realize he was indicted by a grand jury, not a prosecutor. For instance,  if Trump claimed the payoff as a business expense, that's tax fraud. A felony.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Why do you say that?

I am not the only one saying that....over 240 years of presidential precedence has been derailed for political purposes.   Trump, just like many previous presidents, has done shady/illegal things, before, during, and after office.

Why is Trump the only one to be indicted ?

Nobody made Donald do these things.  Nobody “set him up.”  I’m just giving you facts.  Whether these acts are a strict violation of the law is for the jury and judge to decide. If he broke the law, the punishment must occur.  We cannot have a system that lets rich and powerful people break laws.  

That's fine by me...have a big juicy trial to give Trump even more attention than he would have received...even in Canada.

The system is specifically set up to let the rich and powerful "break laws"...happens on a daily basis.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I am not the only one saying that....over 240 years of presidential precedence has been derailed for political purposes.   Trump, just like many previous presidents, has done shady/illegal things, before, during, and after office.

That's fine by me...have a big juicy trial to give Trump even more attention than he would have received...even in Canada.

The system is specifically set up to let the rich and powerful "break laws"...happens on a daily basis.

Then it’s time to break the 240 year precedent and make it clear that nobody is allowed to break the law.  Cause today, it seems like a lot of people get away with breaking laws. Maybe if the ex-President gets convicted, it will be clear that criminal activity has a price.  

1 minute ago, Rebound said:

Then it’s time to break the 240 year precedent and make it clear that nobody is allowed to break the law.  Cause today, it seems like a lot of people get away with breaking laws. Maybe if the ex-President gets convicted, it will be clear that criminal activity has a price.  

That's a wonderful concept, but is not very realistic.   State and federal prosecutors do not even have the time/resources to reach such a goal even if they wanted to...and they don't.  

This is hardball American politics...pure and simple.   They really, really, really, HATE Trump, and want to bring him down by any means necessary.

15 hours ago, Contrarian said:

Alright, so that means you won't participate in that thread about Orange Men?

"Troll" , are you enjoying this? Assuming an identiy and feeling powerful when you get the likes?

I think you are confusing me with an establishment folk like @Moonlight Graham. He talks nice to you because he probably looks at you as someone far gone.

I don't have that ability. If it was up to me, people like should clean the streets. Yet, here, you are, welfare cheque on Friday, drunk swearing at me, that probably messed up his mind during Covid while keeping worms like you alive. 

Yet, you are the one that is intolerant. Remember, if the internet will not catch up with you, life will, we will need to pay, "dougie93".

I told him he's either a Russian/Chinese troll or posts like one.  I consider that insulting, though its not meant to be, just the truth. Either way I wouldn't say i'm nice to him LOL.

He once offered to fight me during a drunken rant he later confirmed.  Man of peace and Jesus.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Congrats on actually providing evidence for your claims. However, YOUR SOURCE says the Dossier is "unproven," NOT "false," as YOU ALLEGE.

That's really grasping at straws though. Anyone can make outrageous claims about a rival, and wealthy people like the Clintons can afford to pay huge amounts and you seem to have the same backwards view as Nancy Pelosi does. Guilty until proven innocent and the onus is 100% on Donald Trump to carry the burden. Is that your view of how justice should work?

No politician has been investigated more than Trump to my knowledge.

If this same standard had been applied in the past to Hillary and Obama and they also were indicted for their campaign finance violations, then I would admit justice is applied equally and fairly to all. But it's not.

ORANGE MAN BAD - YouTube

22 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because it's disingenuous to compare Trump to other presidents.  He's the only one who got into the office purely for his own benefit, without any allegiance to a political party or desire to serve the country.

He's the only one who cried when he lost, and actively tried to reverse the loss.  The only one (along with those RINOs who are subservient to him) to turn your country into a worldwide laughing stock.

He's the only one who has sucked up to authoritarian leaders, even supporting one over his own intelligence agency.

He's the only one who bragged about grabbing women's privates, and about how he could shoot someone and not lose any votes, thereby showing what he actually thought of the people who vote for him. (although in that regard he did turn out to be very good judge of their character)

He's the only one with multiple likely indictments for a variety of infractions.

And he's responsible for the creation of a brand new trivia question:  Who was the second worst President in US history?

Edited by bcsapper

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not true....and completely ignores well documented U.S. presidential history.

This is caused by the hate filled tunnel vision that focuses just on TRUMP.

Trump even has Canadians riled up...in a foreign country !

Well, he certainly has them amused. 

And I will say this:  I know a lot more now about the American system of government than I ever did before he showed up.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, he certainly has them amused. 

And I will say this:  I know a lot more now about the American system of government than I ever did before he showed up.

That's fine....most Americans know even less about the Canadian government and its history.   Trump is just another flawed U.S. president, just like many before him.   He is loud, uncouth, provocative, and unapologetic...but still loved by a large minority of American voters.

President Trump's foreign and domestic policies were not all bad, and some were very good...and continued by the Biden administration, same as with other presidents (e.g. Bush > Obama).

Politically, I do not think Trump is a viable path forward for the GOP in the long term, but he commands so much attention (even in Canada), that he is hard to ignore.   He understands the power of media like no other...even more than Reagan did.

I have been watching Donald Trump's antics since the mid 1970's...he is like the Energizer Bunny (don't know if that reference means anything north of the border).

Energizer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

37 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's a wonderful concept, but is not very realistic.   State and federal prosecutors do not even have the time/resources to reach such a goal even if they wanted to...and they don't.  

This is hardball American politics...pure and simple.   They really, really, really, HATE Trump, and want to bring him down by any means necessary.

Let me get this straight:  The guy ran for President promising to “Lock Her Up,” right?  

Right?  He lead crowds in chants of, “Lock her up” over and over at campaign rallys?  So what is he complaining about? 

And isn’t he the man who took out a full page ad demanding the prosecution of the “Central Park Five,” who were proven innocent via DNA evidence… yet he never even apologized for their ten years of incarceration? 

So it’s not like Donald thinks criminals should be able to get away with breaking the law, right? 

Michael Cohen was sentenced to 3 years in jail for these crimes on a plea bargain. Donald is free to do the same thing, I assume.  

Edited by Rebound

...And isn’t he the man who took out a full page ad demanding the prosecution of the “Central Park Five,” who were proven innocent via DNA evidence… yet he never even apologized for their ten years of incarceration? 

See "1994 Crime Bill", Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, "super predators", et al.

You want Trump's ass...fine...go for it.  But don't be so naive to think that Trump is the only bad guy in such matters.

22 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

See "1994 Crime Bill", Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, "super predators", et al.

You want Trump's ass...fine...go for it.  But don't be so naive to think that Trump is the only bad guy in such matters.

I don’t want anybody’s ass. Well.. not any man’s ass, that’s for sure. 

I believe that Donald Trump has been VERY loose with following the law. I sincerely do. Example One: When the biggest issue in America was Russia’s obvious interference in the election, and whether Trump was involved, Donald asked Russia on live TV to release Hillary’s emails… and they did!!!  I don’t know if that broke a law or not, but it’s an awfully criminal thing to do. 

Number Two: After ALL of the Russia investigation, it should have been beyond crystal clear that you don’t ask a foreign government to intervene in your election.. which is precisely what Trump did in that phone call to the Ukrainian President. HE KNEW BETTER!!! They definitely told him not to do something like that.  

Then he took a LOT of classified documents and refused to give them back and falsely claimed that he’d given them all back. 

These things he did were not accidental.  All three were very deliberate. Why did he do all this? Because he’s a rich a-hole and he thinks the laws don’t apply to him 

Edited by Rebound
  • Like 1

These things he did were not accidental.  All three were very deliberate. 

Of course they were deliberate...same as with any U.S. president, especially during the Cold War.   American politics is dirty business, because so much is at stake.   It's not like "boring" Canada...most Americans do not stay up late to see which party won the Canadian federal election....hell...most can't even name the major Canadian political parties.

History will eventually judge Trump in the context of all U.S. political and presidential history, not just the heated emotions of the past few years.

Many Democrats/leftists wanted to deny the 2016 election outcome, including a few in the U.S. House wishing to not certify..."NOT MY PRESIDENT !!!" 

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You say they've all done it, but NO ONE has been as blatant and prolific about breaking the law as Trump.

Even Reagan was apologetic and made excuses about violating the law with Iran Contra. Bamboozled SO MANY it was impossible to charge him.

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

That's really grasping at straws though. Anyone can make outrageous claims about a rival, and wealthy people like the Clintons can afford to pay huge amounts and you seem to have the same backwards view as Nancy Pelosi does. Guilty until proven innocent and the onus is 100% on Donald Trump to carry the burden. Is that your view of how justice should work?

The Dossier was not even known until AFTER the election. It was never used as legal evidence against Trump, except perhaps with the secret FISA applications and there the sources were completely disclosed.

IOW, it played NO ROLE in the election.

No politician has been investigated more than Trump to my knowledge.

No POTUS has ever violated SO MANY norms and standards, nor obstructed justice, like Trump.

Nixon was a piker in comparison. 

If this same standard had been applied in the past to Hillary and Obama and they also were indicted for their campaign finance violations, then I would admit justice is applied equally and fairly to all. But it's not.

ORANGE MAN BAD - YouTube

^This is partisan hackery.

Trump is not indicted just for simple campaign finance violations. You haven't even seen the indictments and you already believe you KNOW what they are. Sources have said there are 34 counts.

16 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You say they've all done it, but NO ONE has been as blatant and prolific about breaking the law as Trump.

Even Reagan was apologetic and made excuses about violating the law with Iran Contra. Bamboozled SO MANY it was impossible to charge him.

No...no one has been as blatant about advertising and capitalizing on their "law breaking" for political gain.

Many U.S. presidents have done things in and out of office that rival anything Trump has done...you just don't know about it.