Jump to content

Prayer at funeral of Edmonton slain officers avoids name of Jesus


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Because if you just say Christian then a lot of certain kinds of Christians might think you mean the WRONG kinds of Christians!  Judeau-christian reminds all Christians that they are united in a common fundamental belief that this is all the jew's fault.

 

And because they probably like a lot of what's in the Old Testament, which is fundamentally a Jewish document. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

There’s nothing official about it.  Officially, we’re a secular country.  

No, I think Canada officially (Parliament) decreed we are a "multicultural" country.  That implies officially a hodgepodge of religions and officially not a Christian country.  How would that work if none of the religions agree with each other?  It means officially Canada has no one culture or belief.  It's whatever anyone wants or decides at any given moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

And because they probably like a lot of what's in the Old Testament, which is fundamentally a Jewish document. 

Well that's what i said originally actually but TreeBeard correctly pointed out that you could just say 'Christian" and it would mean the same thing as everyone knows the christians came from the jews.  That's why i was explaining why they say 'judeo-christian" rather than just Christian, even tho it's arguably a redundant term.

Also my answer was somewhat tongue in cheek ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, I think Canada officially (Parliament) decreed we are a "multicultural" country.  That implies officially a hodgepodge of religions and officially not a Christian country.  How would that work if none of the religions agree with each other?  It means officially Canada has no one culture or belief.  It's whatever anyone wants or decides at any given moment.

The Supreme Court has had quite a bit to say about secularism and what it means in Canada.  Indeed, Canada is definitely a secular coutry, meaning that no one religion is favoured over another.  

 

from https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/csj-sjc/rfc-dlc/ccrf-ccdl/check/art2a.html

Secularism is closely linked to the notion of “state neutrality” in respect of religion, which the Supreme Court has articulated as follows: 

“... following a realistic and non-absolutist approach, state neutrality is assured when the state neither favours nor hinders any particular religious belief, that is, when it shows respect for all postures towards religion, including that of having no religious beliefs whatsoever, while taking into account the competing constitutional rights of the individuals affected.” (S.L. v. Commission scolaire des Chênes, [2012] 1 S.C.R. 235 at paragraph 32; see also Loyola, supra at paragraphs 43-45).

A breach of a duty of state neutrality must be established by proving that the state is professing, adopting or favouring one belief to the exclusion of all others and that the exclusion has resulted in interference with the complainant’s freedom of conscience or religion (Saguenay, supra at paragraph 83). While the state cannot favour one religious view at the expense of others, the duty of neutrality does not require it entirely to abstain from celebrating and preserving its religious heritage (Saguenay,  supra at paragraphs 87 and 116).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, blackbird said:

And that is what Jesus said it would be like.  That's why they threw countless Christians to the lions in the Roman Empire in the early centuries.  That's why Rome persecuted millions of people down through the centuries for being heretics.  You prove what side you're on.

So, christians killing christians???  How appropriate and god like is that LOL

32 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That says it all.

You misunderstand or misconstrue. It is you specifically that I am intolerant of, not the entire sect or even religion in general.

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Since you don't tell your religious background and don't say what country you came from, that leaves big questions about why you believe the way you do and why you are so intolerant of me.  There must be more to the story that you are not revealing on here.   You carry a lot of hate and anger toward a Bible believer.  Must be a reason, but you're not saying.  Maybe you had some bad experiences in your personal life.

My background, religious or otherwise is absolutely immaterial when discussing you and your zealous and belligerent attitude.

And what country I came from??? There is no nationality required to identify belligerence, there are belligerents everywhere.

I am intolerant of all belligerent zealots that accuse those of all number of things that do not agree with them.

What I believe is as immaterial because it is you that I am talking to and about, not a religion or sect or cult.

My personal life, which has been outstanding, is equally immaterial when  talking about you.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Pot, this is kettle. Kettle - meet pot.

Unless you can learn to communicate in a rational way about the subject and quit attacking the poster, your comments will continue to fall on deaf ears.  We get tired of the endless personal attacks that contribute nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are displaying hate and anger.  I would suggest you go to your local health unit and seek help.

Heck no.

No hate or anger at all.

Just intolerance. A struggle against religious fanaticism and those that display it.

It is on thing to have beliefs. It is one thing to have strong beliefs. It is quite another to argue and demean and smear others that clearly do not agree with you. That is fanaticism and in your case, religious fanaticism. Not just religious but singular religion.

 

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Heck no.

No hate or anger at all.

Just intolerance. A struggle against religious fanaticism and those that display it.

 

That raises questions of where you came from and what you were taught because it does indicate hate and anger the way you worded things.   Admission of intolerance is a form of hate.

Perhaps you came from a place where bigotry and hate is a common thing.  We see that in many countries.

You are in a western country where basic Bible belief is fairly common.   When you accuse those who believe in the teachings of the Bible with strong language of condemnation as you do, you are in the wrong.  When you say you are intolerant of people who believe the Bible, you are certainly not accepting of western values of human rights such as freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and other basic freedoms.   

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Unless you can learn to communicate in a rational way about the subject and quit attacking the poster, your comments will continue to fall on deaf ears.  We get tired of the endless personal attacks that contribute nothing.

With you they fell on deaf ears to begin with - you continue to lie.  But now everyone reading this knows you're lying as well. I'm satisfied with that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

That raises questions of where you came from and what you were taught because it does indicate hate and anger the way you worded things.   Admission of intolerance is a form of hate.

Perhaps you came from a place where bigotry and hate is a common thing.  We see that in many countries.

You are in a western country where basic Bible belief is fairly common.   When you accuse those who believe in the teachings of the Bible with strong language of condemnation as you do, you are in the wrong.  When you say you are intolerant of people who believe the Bible, you are certainly not accepting of western values of human rights such as freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and other basic freedoms.   

Where I came form is totally immaterial and why it is an obsessive concern of your is interesting LOL

Incorrect, intolerance is just expressing distaste and dislike of certain things. Fanaticism and extremism are some. I am also intolerant of bee stings and mosquito bites.

Your assumption of bigotry and hate is very unchristian of you that is supposed to love all LOL

Basic bible belief may be common (although I would have to have proof of that) but religious fanaticism and extremism you display is more cult like than anything.

Never once said I was intolerant of people that believe in the bible, just you.

I fully agree and believe in "freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and other basic freedoms", it is you that does not believe in the right to not agree with you.

All the posts in this thread are against you and your attitude and preaching.

 

 

 

 

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I fully agree and believe in "freedom of religion, freedom of expression, and other basic freedoms", it is you that does not believe in the right to not agree with you.

Your claim that you are intolerant of me proves you are not telling the truth about believing in fundamental freedoms.  I am the only one defending the Bible truths here.  Strange coincidence that you are intolerant of me then isn't it?

If you want to know there are others in churches that profess to believe the Bible just look up the evangelical churches in your city on the internet and see what their confessions of faith are.  Many will tell you their beliefs are based on the Bible.

I never said you do not have the right to not believe in what I said.  You and Fox both make false claims that I am denying you to believe what you want.   I can't stop what you or anyone believes.

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

All the posts in this thread are against you and your attitude and preaching.

That may be because you and a couple others are simply antagonistic toward my advocating for Biblical Christianity.  If you can't stand my comments, just ignore them and move on.  But you chose to claim how intolerant you are toward me.

 

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That may be because you and a couple others are simply antagonistic toward my advocating for Biblical Christianity

1 - you are not advocating for christianity. You're driving people away from it.

2 - it's the lying, arrogance, intolerance and hatred people are fed up with.

3 - it's not a few. It's pretty much everyone. Some are being decent enough to tell you, the rest are thinking it.

There's an old saying - if 10,000 people think you're an asswipe, and you think you're NOT an asswipe, it really doesn't matter at that point if you're right or not. Something you're doing needs to change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

1 - you are not advocating for christianity. You're driving people away from it.

2 - it's the lying, arrogance, intolerance and hatred people are fed up with.

3 - it's not a few. It's pretty much everyone. Some are being decent enough to tell you, the rest are thinking it.

There's an old saying - if 10,000 people think you're an asswipe, and you think you're NOT an asswipe, it really doesn't matter at that point if you're right or not. Something you're doing needs to change.

The 15 year old in a Starbucks in Vancouver was stabbed to death because he asked a guy not to vape close to a toddler.  That's a pretty strong reaction to a comment someone made isn't it?

So what is it I said that makes you so angry to accuse me of all those things?  Can you give some examples of what I said that deserve that?  Perhaps give me a chance to review what you claim is a lie, arrogant, and hateful.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, blackbird said:

So what is it I said that makes you intolerant or hate me?

Your constant banter, all of it. It is like having a Jehovah Witness  ring your doorbell every 10 minutes trying to convert me. LOL

Edited by ExFlyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, blackbird said:

Your claim that you are intolerant of me proves you are not telling the truth about believing in fundamental freedoms.  I am the only one defending the Bible truths here.  Strange coincidence that you are intolerant of me then isn't it?

If you want to know there are others in churches that profess to believe the Bible just look up the evangelical churches in your city on the internet and see what their confessions of faith are.  Many will tell you their beliefs are based on the Bible.

I never said you do not have the right to not believe in what I said.  You and Fox both make false claims that I am denying you to believe what you want.   I can't stop what you or anyone believes.

That may be because you and a couple others are simply antagonistic toward my advocating for Biblical Christianity.  If you can't stand my comments, just ignore them and move on.  But you chose to claim how intolerant you are toward me.

 

So, I am intolerant of you as I have described numerous times. Don't like it? Tough.

Bible truths is a completely different topic. The bible is a story book with very little, if any, factual references. Storeys can be based on facts but facts are not storeys.

You are not the only one I cannot tolerate but, in this forum, you are certainly it.

I could not care less about "other churches", the thrust of this thread is you.

I have never made a "false claim" about you. I have expressed my distaste of you and your posts and how I cannot tolerate your take.

I try to ignore you but you interject and insert your biblical bs into almost every thread. It's like walking through a pond of religious leaches and you keep attaching yourself

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Your constant banter, all of it. It is like having a Jehovah Witness  ring your doorbell every 10 minutes trying to convert me. LOL

So you have nothing to justify your claim that I am intolerable other than hate.  Nobody is forcing you to read my postings and you could have put me on the ignore list.  

 

10 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I have never made a "false claim" about you. I have expressed my distaste of you and your posts and how I cannot tolerate your take.

 It is not that you just disagree with someone else.  Your problem is the fact you cannot tolerate someone even speaking.   That proves you have a real mental problem.  Why have you not put me on the ignore list like Michael?  I am not going to stop posting because someone has mental problems. Ignore me and get help.  You are getting into the area of threatening.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

So you have nothing to justify your claim that I am intolerable other than hate.  ...

 

 It is not that you just disagree with someone else.  Your problem is the fact you cannot tolerate someone even speaking.   That proves you have a real mental problem.  Why have you not put me on the ignore list like Michael?  I am not going to stop posting because someone has mental problems. Ignore me and get help.  You are getting into the area of threatening.

 

Don't hate you, never said that. You seem to think anyone that does not agree with you hates you. Not very christian of you LOL

I tolerate everyone that speaks intelligently and does not preach.

Are you actually accusing me of having mental issues??? Seriously? A person of god is actually calling someone crazy?? Wow!!

Even if I put you on ignore, I see your posts because you comment on other peoples posts. And besides, I want to be able to comment when you besmirch me.

After your post you are saying I am threatening???

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Even if I put you on ignore, I see your posts because you comment on other peoples posts.

You can still just ignore my posts and replies. Nobody is forcing you to read them.  This is Canada.  Everyone, including Bible believers, have a right to express their beliefs and opinions.  If you don't like it, don't come on the forum or ignore the person.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been to way to many government funerals, and for the most part the family has a huge say in what type of service they want, and if they are not that religious then often a blended service is given, to cover all in attendance. 

I think the most important part of this entire post is their family and their comrades got to say their final goodbyes, honor them they way tradition has laid out, to show the family he was a outstanding person, that gave their life to serve their community. Not many grasp the importance of that. The entire thing is to help the living carry on , to start the grieving process, It has nothing to do with what was said or not said during a prayer.

And I'm certain that god will accept him regardless of what was said on the ground...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You can still just ignore my posts and replies. Nobody is forcing you to read them.  This is Canada.  Everyone, including Bible believers, have a right to express their beliefs and opinions.  If you don't like it, don't come on the forum or ignore the person.

 

Why? Everyone also has the right to disagree with you. Why shouldn't he or anyone else call out your hatred and intolerance.

If you don't like it don't come on the forum.  You won't be lonely, you'll still have your imaginary friends to talk to.

But if you DO come and you continue to act disrespectfully and arrogantly and rudely - then don't complain when people call you disrespectful arrogant and rude.  Or at least don't act surprised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,770
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Akalupenn
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...