Prayer at funeral of Edmonton slain officers avoids name of Jesus

27 minutes ago, blackbird said:

All you can do is accuse me lying which shows your character.

Seems like you are out of control and not someone anyone can have a civilized conversation with.  

He is not the only one accusing you.

While you may not like it. The Pope is a world leader and gets the same respect, pomp and ceremony any other political gets.

While I do not agree with CdnFox on many things, he is right and it is you that seems out of control with your constant christian banter and demonizing of those that do not agree with you.

You are the worst kind of religious zealot. Using the funeral of police officer heros to further your christian ideals. You are a shame to chrisians and religion in general.

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

If they shouldn’t promote every religion, then they shouldn’t promote any religion.   Canada has no official state religion. 

Like it or not, Canada was colonized by the settlers who Catholic and Protestant from Europe, who claimed to be Christian.  That is a simple fact of history.

Just now, blackbird said:

Like it or not, Canada was colonized by the settlers who Catholic and Protestant from Europe, who claimed to be Christian.  That is a simple fact of history.

So?

AFAIK Catholics and Protestants have very different ways, in which they pray. 

In Ontario and Quebec, Catholics seem to have way more sway, politically? Does that annoy you? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You are the worst kind of religious zealot.

You prove you are very intolerant of people like myself who hold religious beliefs, particularly Biblical.  If I was a heathen talking about Islam, Hinduism, aboriginal Mother Earth religion, you would be fine with that.  But Biblical beliefs irk you because your conscience is pricked. 

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

All you can do is accuse me lying which shows your character.

All you can do is lie, which shows a hell of a lot more about yours.

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Seems like you are out of control and not someone anyone can have a civilized conversation with.  

You repeat a lie that is verifiably a lie again and again - and you claim someone ELSE is out of control and incapable of a civilized conversation?

Just stop lying. You're making baby jesus cry.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Doesn't have to have an official "state religion".  That doesn't change the fact that Canada's history is Judeo-Christian and our system is built on that fact.  Like it or not, that's the way it is.

Judeo?  I’m not sure the Jewish people had much part in the founding of Canada.  

I am more than willing to acknowledge that Canada was founded by Christians.   Church of England, to be exact.    Are you saying that Canada should only be promoting the Church of England doctrines and prayers?  You know…. because of history.  

But, while I acknowledge Canada was founded by Christians, that doesn’t mean Canada is static.  It doesn’t mean that it should never change.  We’re making history right now.  And, right now, Canada is a secular, pluralistic society with no state religion.  

Edited by TreeBeard

1 minute ago, Boges said:

In Ontario and Quebec, Catholics seem to have way more sway, politically? Does that annoy you? 

No, why should it annoy me.? That's just a fact of life.  The world is what it is.  Bible believes learned from the Bible the way the world is and we understand the Bible says we are in the world but not part of the world.  Being part of the world system is a losing proposition.  It means millions are heading for a lost eternity if you accept what the Bible says at face value.  If you want to be saved, you must be born again.  John ch3.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

All you can do is lie, which shows a hell of a lot more about yours.

You repeat a lie that is verifiably a lie again and again - and you claim someone ELSE is out of control and incapable of a civilized conversation?

Just stop lying. You're making baby jesus cry.

They crucified Jesus because they thought he was a fraud.  He warned the world would treat his followers that way.  

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You prove you are very intolerant of people like myself who hold religious beliefs, particularly Biblical.  If I was a heathen talking about Islam, Hinduism, aboriginal Mother Earth religion, you would be fine with that.  But Biblical beliefs irk you because your conscience is pricked. 

Yes, you are correct, I am very intolerant of people like you.

I am very tolerant of people hold religious beliefs, particularly  christian, Jewish, Islam, Hindu, buddihsm and aboriginal Mother Earth religion amongst others.

It is people like you though, that give all religions a bad name and taste in their consciousness. You drive more people away form religious beliefs than you gather.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

No, why should it annoy me.? That's just a fact of life.  The world is what it is.  Bible believes learned from the Bible the way the world is and we understand the Bible says we are in the world but not part of the world.  Being part of the world system is a losing proposition.  It means millions are heading for a lost eternity if you accept what the Bible says at face value.  If you want to be saved, you must be born again.  John ch3.

Well you seem annoyed when people pray wrong so. . . 

Since a lot of Catholic Doctrine came about long after Jesus lived, and the Bible was written, I suspect you have strong opinions on them.

I certainly do. 

They crucified Jesus because they thought he was a fraud.  He warned the world would treat his followers that way.  

Did they crucify him because he was a liar? Because that's what you're doing. No fraud involved, you're just lying. Did jesus die because he was a liar?

And are you suggesting that lying is an inherent part of christian belief?

Buddy - god or no god, a grown ass man should know better than to lie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

And, right now, Canada is a secular, pluralistic society with no state religion.  

That's fine.  I never said it should have a state religion.  I am not in favour of a state religion.  But like many countries, there is a culture of one kind or another.  Canada's culture is historically Christian.  Some or Muslim, some Hindu (India), some Buddhist, etc.  Canada's is Christian culture and should remain so.  We should not be forced to change by the woke, progressive liberals.

4 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Judeo?  I’m not sure the Jewish people had much part in the founding of Canada. 

I believe that it's put forward as being 'judeo-christian' because christian values sort of flowed from the jewish values that came before it. There are large hunks of the christian bible that predate christ and are basically jewish after all :) At least i believe that's where the term comes from.

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes, you are correct, I am very intolerant of people like you.

I am very tolerant of people hold religious beliefs, particularly  christian, Jewish, Islam, Hindu, buddihsm and aboriginal Mother Earth religion amongst others.

It is people like you though, that give all religions a bad name and taste in their consciousness. You drive more people away form religious beliefs than you gather.

And that is what Jesus said it would be like.  That's why they threw countless Christians to the lions in the Roman Empire in the early centuries.  That's why Rome persecuted millions of people down through the centuries for being heretics.  You prove what side you're on.

2 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I believe that it's put forward as being 'judeo-christian' because christian values sort of flowed from the jewish values that came before it. There are large hunks of the christian bible that predate christ and are basically jewish after all :) At least i believe that's where the term comes from.

Funny term…. I thought Christians used that term when they wanted to be inclusive of Jews.  Otherwise, why not just say “Christian”?

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Canada's culture is historically Christian.

Historically, yes.   Absolutely.  But that was the past.  It’s a bold new Canada where it’s pluralistic, which you said you were in favour of.  

If you were truly in favour of pluralism, you wouldn’t be advocating for Canada to only be a “Christian nation”.  

2 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Historically, yes.   Absolutely.  But that was the past.  It’s a bold new Canada where it’s pluralistic, which you said you were in favour of.  

If you were truly in favour of pluralism, you wouldn’t be advocating for Canada to only be a “Christian nation”.  

I never advocated for only a Christian nation.  Only show some respect for our Christian heritage.  Why is that too much to ask?   Second thoughts I don't accept your definition of pluralism.  I believe in live and let live.  People next door can believe whatever they wish.  That's just being responsible.  I don't accept pluralism if it means agreeing with every ideology and religion in existence.  You seem to claim to but I don't believe you would.

32 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You are the worst kind of religious zealot.

Since you don't tell your religious background and don't say what country you came from, that leaves big questions about why you believe the way you do and why you are so intolerant of me.  There must be more to the story that you are not revealing on here.   You carry a lot of hate and anger toward a Bible believer.  Must be a reason, but you're not saying.  Maybe you had some bad experiences in your personal life.

Edited by blackbird

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's fine.  I never said it should have a state religion.  I am not in favour of a state religion.  But like many countries, there is a culture of one kind or another.  Canada's culture is historically Christian.  Some or Muslim, some Hindu (India), some Buddhist, etc.  Canada's is Christian culture and should remain so.  We should not be forced to change by the woke, progressive liberals.

I think you'll find, more than not, Canada's culture is driven by very non-religious things. 

And if anything Canada's culture is linked to the wide diversity of religions and culture, not just white-bread colonialists who though Reformers in Europe were't pious enough. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Funny term…. I thought Christians used that term when they wanted to be inclusive of Jews.  Otherwise, why not just say “Christian”?

Because if you just say Christian then a lot of certain kinds of Christians might think you mean the WRONG kinds of Christians!  Judeau-christian reminds all Christians that they are united in a common fundamental belief that this is all the jew's fault.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I never advocated for only a Christian nation.

You advocate for public officials only promoting Christianity.   Call it what you want.  

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Only show some respect for our Christian heritage.  Why is that too much to ask?

Christianity is as respected in law as every other religion.  That’s all the respect it gets; equal to all the others.   In fact, it is favoured in many cases, like public Catholic school boards. 

Second thoughts I don't accept your definition of pluralism.  I believe in live and let live.  People next door can believe whatever they wish.  That's just being responsible.  I don't accept pluralism if it means agreeing with every ideology and religion in existence.  You seem to claim to but I don't believe you would.

Pluralism doesn’t mean you agree with all religions.  That’s not even possible. It means, the country is made up of people from many religions and are all treated equally.  

Edited by TreeBeard

9 minutes ago, Boges said:

And if anything Canada's culture is linked to the wide diversity of religions and culture,

I don't know of any country that every worked on trying to be officially a diversity of religions.  How could it even be defined?  Why should a country that historically was built on nominal Christianity become a hodgepodge of religions officially.  Can't see how that would work.  I doubt it has ever been done and ever worked successfully.  There are too many differences between different religions to ever work closely.  Isn't that why Trudeau was reported as saying Canada has no culture or was it some other word?

Edited by blackbird

I don't know of any country that every worked on trying to be officially a diversity of religions.  How could it even be defined?  Why should a country that historically was built on nominal Christianity become a hodgepodge of religions officially.  Can't see how that would work.  I doubt it has every been done and ever worked successfully.  There are too many differences between different religions to ever work closely.  Isn't that why Trudeau was reported as saying Canada has no culture or was it some other word?

So what countries do you feel work culturally? 

Certainly not the UK or the US. Both are as culturally diverse as Canada. France, Germany, Spain? Are those countries models of cultural integration? 

Do we need to go to Eastern Europe where the cultural make-up is more homogenous to see examples of a country should be? I think not. 

Japan is the one Advanced Economy that is quite homogenous and they're headed for a demographic catastrophe as they refuse to embrace immigration and their fertility rate collapses. 

• Like 1