Have the Feds lost their minds completely

5 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No Tyendinaga is in Eastern ON. Between Belleville and Napanee.

Bring yer wampum there...

;)

yeah, I dated a Mohawk from there, back in the 90's, her name was Dawn

stunning girl, red hair, green eyes, swimsuit model body, when I picked her up, I thought she was Irish

but she was totally Europeanized

she went to the University of Toronto, where they indoctrinated her to be a Marxist

she was one of the "Indigenous" as they say in the 6ix

which actually means, that she wasn't an Indian anymore, she was one of us

Edited by Dougie93

9 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You are giving misleading information when you tell everyone they must take the bible literally.

Not true.  I am only telling you what the Bible itself teaches.  If you don't want to believe it that's your choice, but it is factually true.

10 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:
11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

As well, your message that other religions are false and only yours (your interpretation, not Christianity) is the only one valid could lead to hate and violence.

Again, a false statement.  It's not my message.  The Bible says there is only one God and one religion, that is, Christianity as taught in the Bible, (New Testament).   You are free to believe it or not.  Looks like you don't

True Biblical Christianity is opposed to violence and hate.  Jesus said to love thy neighbour.   So you are not telling the truth.

Pope Francis is not a spokesman for Biblical Christianity.  He is the leader of Romanism.  Romanism rejects the Bible and has invented it's own religion.  Most of their teachings were invented in the last 2,000 years long after the Bible was written.

16 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Actually a lot of natives are Christians, but they probably don't live up to your standards...

Yes, I know there are a lot of natives who are Christians.  I said nothing against them.   I know they are far better Christians than I am.   I have listened to their program on TV from northern Sask. sometimes.  I am a fan of them.  That is not what we are talking about here.  

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

yeah, I dated a Mohawk from there, back in the 90's, her name was Dawn

stunning girl, red hair, green eyes, swimsuit model body, when I picked her up, I thought she was Irish

but she was totally Europeanized

she went to the University of Toronto, where they indoctrinated her to be a Marxist

she was one of the "Indigenous" as they say in the 6ix

which actually means, that she wasn't an Indian anymore, she was one of us

I think you only need to be like 1/16th native to get your native status.

The number of people applying for native statis each year is increasing.

Eventually all Canadians should apply for their Native Status Card. Then equality will be reached.

25 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Not a very good Christian, are you. Maybe not even a christian at all. We get a lot of fakers here.

I have been accused of that many times before for defending the Bible and reading it literally.  That's fine.  I don't care.

We know who the accuser of the brethren is.  I think you know too.

"

Yet as we will see today, there is someone who wants nothing more than to get you on a technicality. But there’s good news to all of us.  

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever and His blood bought us back from the wages of sin.  Now death and hell have no sting to those who are in Christ Jesus! "

Who is the "Accuser of our Brethren"? | Revelation 12:10 KJV - THE WORD

13 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have been studying Church history and Romanism and how it conflicts with Protestantism and Bible teachings.  Thomas Aquinas is considered a great theologian the Romanism.  He lived in the 13th century, was a Franciscan monk and friar in Italy.  I have no desire to say much about him.  He is looked up to especially devout Romanists.   It is important to understand the Papal system is largely contrary to the Bible.   It was a authoritarian system for 1,700 years that controlled everyone's personal life to the extreme.  You can find books and youtube videos that will tell you about that.  Pretty brutal for millions of people through the centuries. That is why we had the Reformation in the 16th century.  It was a return to early Christian beliefs.  

Amazing how a moment ago you didn't know much about him, but now write him off with a paragraph.

Not that I am a follower of him, but the point is he and other Christian philosophers wrote ideas that built the foundation of Roman law, the laws of the Holy Roman Empire from which descended our laws today. This includes progressive ideas like women's rights. That's why the modern west is so progressive compared to more backward cultures. Thanks to Romanism.

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes, I know there are a lot of natives who are Christians.  I said nothing against them.   I know they are far better Christians than I am.   I have listened to their program on TV from northern Sask. sometimes.  I am a fan of them.  That is not what we are talking about here.  

Excuse me, but Natives is what we are talking about here. You should take a page from them. I bet they would not agree with you.

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I think you only need to be like 1/16th native to get your native status.

The number of people applying for native statis each year is increasing.

Eventually all Canadians should apply for their Native Status Card. Then equality will be reached.

The real question is this - the first nations aren't aboriginal - they immigrated here long ago. Now they are considered native. So -- how many generations do we have to be here before WE'RE considered to be native to this land?

Amazing how a moment ago you didn't know much about him, but now write him off with a paragraph.

No, I don't know much about him.  Why would I?  I am not a Romanist.  I am studying a large book about Romanism versus Protestantism.   I may look into Thomas Aquinas but it is not really relevant.  He was a priest and a monk and supposedly a great thinker or theology philosopher who mixed Aristotle with Christianity.  Doesn't sound very Biblical right there.  But you can't really blame him.  Romanism has not been biblical since it began about 1,700 years ago.  It is largely a long list of invented dogmas.

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Excuse me, but Natives is what we are talking about here. You should take a page from them. I bet they would not agree with you.

Ordinary natives probably have nothing much to do with fighting for native rights.  That is done by red power activists and FN activist leaders who demand more and more.   But we are talking about indigenous knowledge.  Much is made of "knowledge keepers" but little is defined or explained on it.  The federal government has bought into it as they do always to placate people for votes.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

The real question is this - the first nations aren't aboriginal - they immigrated here long ago. Now they are considered native. So -- how many generations do we have to be here before WE'RE considered to be native to this land?

Yeah I've heard that one. But it's speculation raised by neo-Darwinian, White Anglo-Saxon Protestant types.

For further reference, see OP.

;)

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah I've heard that one. But it's speculation raised by neo-Darwinian, White Anglo-Saxon Protestant types.

;)

Do you not find a problem with the government giving equal weight to indigenous knowledge and science for approval of resource projects?  And the fact they say indigenous knowledge is confidential unless the source wants to release it.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Ordinary natives probably have nothing much to do with fighting for native rights.  That is done by red power activists and FN activist leaders who demand more and more.   But we are talking about indigenous knowledge.  Much is made of "knowledge keepers" but little is defined or explained on it.  The federal government has bought into it as they do always to placate people for votes.

Actually the Canadian government fought against the implementation of the UN declaration on indigenous rights, having voted against it. But it passed some years later despite Canada's objections.

Perhaps what bothers you is this concept of Indigenous Knowledge. I know, I know. Why did they not also include Christian knowledge.

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

And the fact they say indigenous knowledge is confidential unless the source wants to release it.

Yes because the UN declaration states they have the right to protect their information and culture from being exploited. For example if there is a company that wants to open a mine but there is native burial ground there, they are allowed to keep that information secret from the public.

Kinda simple really. Nes pah?

;)

;)

That's nonsense. I"m not protestant.

:)

Edit :  AWWWW Crap - i just remembered my grandfather was an orangeman. So.  I mean he's not wrong.

Edited by CdnFox

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Perhaps what bothers you is this concept of Indigenous Knowledge.

Western civilization is built on Christian principles already, but liberals are trying to change it.  We will move backward if we must worship Mother Earth and consult the spirits of birds or animals to decide on resource projects.  Liberals are so screwed up there is not much hope.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Also, Pope Francis encourages greater tolerance and understanding with other religions, including Islam.
He encourages tolerance of gays in the church, and gay marriage. So it seems there are differing views within Christianity than just yours, or your pastors.

You absolutely amaze me.  I never thought I would run into someone who knew absolutely nothing about the history of the Roman Church or the Papacy.  After 1,700 years of false religious dogma such as the worship of idols, the worship of Mary and the Saints, the unbiblical Mass, the unbiblical Priesthood and confession, the sale of indulgences down through the centuries.   Not to mention the at least 400 years of the Holy Roman Inquisition where heretics were imprisoned, tortured, and burned at the stake for questioning the Church's teachings and dogmas, most of which are completely contrary to the Bible.  Have you not read anything?  Guess you never heard of the Reformation when the UK, the Netherlands, part of Germany, and Scandinavia broke away from the yoke of Romanism and formed Protestant churches.  Have you never heard what it was all about?

How for 1,700 years Rome ruled the western world and intimately controlled everyone's life, extorted their money from them and built the richest institution on earth worth countless billions of dollars in various holdings and real estate around the world.  Have you never heard of the history of many past Popes, and clergy and how they indulged in immorality and exploited the people?  

The Reformation 500 years ago was all about breaking free from the controlling Roman system and a return to the Biblical belief that Christianity is all about a relationship between an individual and God without the Church being the mediator and controlling one's life.  It was a revolution and set millions of people free.  It led the way toward human rights, democracy and Parliamentary government which we have today.  Without the Reformation, there would be none of that because we would all still be slaves of the Papacy.

22 minutes ago, blackbird said:

After 1,700 years of false religious dogma such as the worship of idols, the worship of Mary and the Saints, the unbiblical Mass, the unbiblical Priesthood and confession, the sale of indulgences down through the centuries.   Not to mention the at least 400 years of the Holy Roman Inquisition where heretics were imprisoned, tortured, and burned at the stake for questioning the Church's teachings and dogmas, most of which are completely contrary to the Bible. 

We're just all thankful you're here now to tell us how to think. Man - it was a rough 1700 years but now the light's at the end of the tunnel.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

We're just all thankful you're here now to tell us how to think. Man - it was a rough 1700 years but now the light's at the end of the tunnel.

He is mistaken about that. It wasn't 1700 years, its an oversimplification.

Well like I said no wonder these people cant get their own show together. They hate and accuse one another of devil worship.

As we just saw with me.

-Denizen of the forum Hades.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

He is mistaken about that. It wasn't 1700 years, its an oversimplification.

First I apologize for accusing you of devil worship.  Shouldn't have talked like that.

Please tell us how it is an oversimplification.  Do you have a different set of facts?   The 1,700 is just a rough figure from the time the Emperor Constantine legalized Christianity in the Roman Empire.  The Papal system formed over time.  If it wasn't roughly 1,700 years, when did the Roman church actually start in the way we know it now with a Papacy?  Prior to about 313 A.D. Christianity was illegal in the Roman Empire and Christians were thrown to the lion's den in Rome if caught.  There were no Popes until roughly 200 years after 313 A.D. The Roman Ceasars believed Christianity was a real threat to the rule and power of the Roman Empire.  That is why they killed them.

When Emperor Constantine had a claimed vision around 313 A.D., he claimed to be converted to Christianity (although many would dispute that claim), he legalized Christianity in the Roman Empire around 315 A.D. - 325 A.D.  Then gradually Rome took control of Christianity in the empire and started the Papacy with the first Pope around roughly 500 A.D., about 1,500 years ago.  Prior to that there were no Popes as such.  The Papal system developed over several centuries and introduced their unbiblical dogmas over the past 1,500 to 1,700 years.   - see the book Roman Catholicism by Lorraine Boettner

Of course this history of what happened in the last 1,500 or so years is likely not taught or talked about in the public or Catholic school systems.  So I am not blaming you for not knowing about it.   You were likely never taught the true history.  Most people don't know what went on in the past centuries with churches/religion in the western world.  Even most evangelical church people don't know.  In order to learn those things, one must go out of his way to find the right sources and books to find it. 

It would be interesting to know exactly what they really do teach young people in the public schools on history, besides sexual orientation and gender identity.

I met a Jesuit priest on an internet forum a number of years ago.  Part of his job was to go around to bookstores, libraries, etc. and remove or have removed any books or material that shine a poor light on the Papal system.  He was a very aggressive character.  It was a Christian political forum.  I can't find the forum since then.  Wonder if he got it shut down.

Edited by blackbird

57 minutes ago, blackbird said:

First I apologize for accusing you of devil worship.  Shouldn't have talked like that.

The fact you can't help yourself from thinking that anyway precludes any point of listening.

OTOH the main reason it's so easy for the government to accommodate the needs of people who believe in the supernatural is that it's been doing so forever.

As I've said before atheism has done little to dilute the amount of deluded thinking going on in the world and of course it doesn't help matters that it's so easy to exploit.